Lazio - Cose suono sofisticano in italiano

End of Season Stuff and Awards

Attendance
View attachment 152634
We have the highest attendance in the Serie A but, still only go at 60% capacity overall.

Serie A Player of the Season
View attachment 152633Aleix Vidal won the player of the year award with a good season for AS Roma where he played mostly as a winger.

Top Scorer
View attachment 152632
Drmic finishes runner up to Tetteh in the top scorer award despite being a back up player for the first half of the season. Tetteh was on loan at Pescara from Atalanta who could have used his goals.

Serie A Young Player of the Year
View attachment 152630
Saul won the award in his last year of eligibility for it beating out Bernardeschi and Jonny to the award.

View attachment 152629
Paulo Dybala won the award scoring after an unbelievable 0 seconds. Literally unbelievable. It was in a game they won 2-1 with Dybala scoring a very late winner.

Manager of the Year
View attachment 152628
Oddo deservedly won the award for his great work with unfancied Pescara getting them Europa League football.

Serie A Team of the Year
View attachment 152627
We get four players in the team of the year, the most of any team. De Vrij, Parolo, Saul and Griezmann all make the team after having great seasons with us.

View attachment 152626
Greizmann wins the foreign player of the year award despite the player of the year being foreign. He had another great season for us.

View attachment 152625
Felipe Anderson and Antonio Candreva finish second and third in the midfielder of the year. Despite being sold in January Barbosa won the Striker of the year award.

View attachment 152624
My overall team is quite accurate but, I would swap Martins Indi for Mauricio as he got sent off to much.

View attachment 152623
Saul won a deserved player of the year and young player of the year double after another great season for us where he dominated the midfield. Candreva got goal of the season. Somehow Rosales beat Drmic to signing of the season, Rosales played 9 times and got one assist. For 4 million more Drmic was second top scorer in the league and vital to us staying in the title race as long as we did. No disagreements on the team of the season though.

View attachment 152622
The stats, the standout one is Mas managing to pick up 21 yellow cards which is impressive enough but, he also managed to avoid any red cards. Onazi being the most accurate passer is another surprise.

View attachment 152621
Sums our season up well decent in the league, a bit disappointing in Europe and a couple of 6-1 embarrassments were definite low points

View attachment 152620
Candreva was the big name to miss most of the season a couple of big injuries mean our second best paid player has to pay well to justify the money spent on him while he is injured​

Last edited:
0 seconds? How is that even possible? Did he shoot from the kickoff - and if so, why??

0 seconds? How is that even possible? Did he shoot from the kickoff - and if so, why??

I don't know as I can't see the goal. I am quite annoyed about it though as while if you just take the two points off they wouldn't have got I still wouldn't have won the league I could have planned the end of season run differently if I had a bigger lead or as it was early on in the season it could have lead to poor form

Board and Random Stuff

View attachment 152464
In massive news the board announced undersoil heating. It will be of no use as I haven't had a game called off for it and it will cost €2.8 million which could have gone on better things.

View attachment 152463
After agreeing to do it at the end of last season the board finally got round to improving the facilities. There are a number of jokes I could make about Italian efficiency but, won't.

View attachment 152462
We will have a number of players at the World Cup. Parolo and Cataldi will be the big ones as they are representing Italy. In a pre-tournament game Cataldi also got his first Italy goal.

View attachment 152460
Felipe Anderson signs a long term deal with Lazio to keep him here for the foreseeable future. He will be the long term replacement for Candreva.

View attachment 152459
Another but of our debt is cleared ahead of time and it is a good one to clear as it had a decent amount of interest on it. We only have one bit of debt left but, it is sizeable.

View attachment 152458
We will get a very nice €10 million rise in sponsorship money which is always nice and hopefully we can continue to improve it. Although mainly due to an earlier CL exit €47 million less in TV money last season

View attachment 152457
Parolo is again top shirt seller with Griezmann and Saul rounding out the top three. Pre-Season tours continue to pay off in shirt sales.

View attachment 152456
Champions League football and getting out of the group are the goals for the season and the budget may look small but, I have already spent most of it​

June and July Outgoing Transfers

A big name or two left the club as I looked to ditch whingers and also reduce the age of the first team which is quite reliant on a couple of older players.

Mattia Destro
View attachment 152455
After just a half a season in Rome Destro moved on as he had played poorly and I felt I had better options. Three teams bid for him and he opted to join the strong ex-Lazio contingent in France by signing for Marseille.

Gabi
View attachment 152454
Brought in for a veteren winner attitude and to show maturity he did the exact opposite and complained for the entire time he was here. So I sold him for a small profit to Rennais as our players seem to be prized possessions in France.

Dusan Basta
View attachment 152453
Lyon bid for our stand out right back and I decided to accept as he hasn't been training well so his stats have been declining. He had also been complaining about a lack of football despite playing almost every game this season for us.

Marco Parolo
View attachment 152452
He couldn't have been better on the pitch a couple of team of the year awards and constant great performances. Off the pitch he couldn't have been much worse his contract disagreement split the squad but, the Man City dispute completely split the squad to an unacceptable degree so I moved him to Man City for €6 million.

Ezequiel Lavezzi
View attachment 152451
With a number of high performing young players I decided to move Lavezzi out of the club and Hull bought him for €2.1 million and took his wages off the book.

Raul Vanjagl
View attachment 152450Chelsea put in a bid for one of my young German stars it was obviously rejected and I signed him to a new deal to ensure that there was no chance of him leaving soon.

Joshua Kimmich
View attachment 152449
PSG looked to add another Lazio player but, I rejected it and Kimmich was more than happy to stay which is nice after the Barcelona fiasco.

Trond Strande
View attachment 152443
The Norwegian coach leaves us to manage the new Parma team. A good coach who will need replacing.

Danilo Cataldi
View attachment 152439View attachment 152430

Yet another team shows an interest in Cataldi but, I rejected the offer and the Lazio youth product is still more than happy to stay at the club despite the interest.

Cengiz Under
View attachment 152434
A good player but, with all of the talent we have out wide he was surplus to requirements so I sold him to Besiktas for €12.5 million so make a very nice profit on him.

Edmilson Fernandes
View attachment 152433
The issue with Fernandes is that he plays AMC and I don't use that position in my formation and the CM slots are hard enough to get into even if it is your natural position so I moved him on to Schalke for a nice profit as he joined them for €10,750,000 which could also rise by 2 million.

Saul
View attachment 152432
Arsenal look for another CM of mine but, again I reject the offer and Arsenal will not be getting their hands on any CM of mine.

Joseph Minala
View attachment 152429
The player who created the age question when he signed for Lazio as people thought that he was over 40. For a small fee he moves to Antalyaspor where he should have a better shot in the first team.

Ianis Hagi
View attachment 152428
He hadn't developed that well so I sold Hagi for 5.25 million to Valencia. But, just in case he does turn out to be a great player I will get 25% of any fee.

July Incoming Transfers

We welcomed a number players who I hope can help us claim more trophies some can help this year and some are for the future. A good crop of incoming players for us though.

Javi Manquillo
View attachment 152049
He was signed on a free after his contract with Atletico expired, I almost feel like I should have my scouts follow their's to cut out the middle man. Anyway on a free and pretty cheap wages he offers good cover at right back for us.

Dusan Tadic
View attachment 152046
Again a free transfer who I hope can add some depth. Tadic can play a number of positions and will slot in wherever he is needed which is useful and for no fee a decent deal.

Samir
View attachment 152031
On a free he is a good signing however, this year he has gone on loan to Wolfsburg and how he does there will play a big part in deciding if he has a future at the club or will be sold for profit.

Wout Faes
View attachment 152030
A decent free signing he has gone on loan back to Belgium after leaving Anderlecht. I will probably sell him to the highest bidder in a couple of years time unless he develops very well.

Adam Lallana

View attachment 152029
Another free agent depth signing for us and can also help before Candreva becomes fully fit. He took a big pay cut and is only earning a third of what he did at Liverpool but, does have a chance to win a league title.

Serge Gnabry
View attachment 152025
Still can't believe that Arsenal let his contract run out but, I was more than happy to take advantage and snapped him up for nothing can challenge for a right wing spot with anyone and I think is a great signing on a free.

Alvaro Medran
View attachment 152022
A man who seems to love capitals he left Madrid for Athens I then got him from AEK on a free and loaned him to QPR. I will likely sell him after the loan and think I should be able to make a decent amount of money off of him.

Sylvain Diaby
View attachment 152019
I had the Ivorian striker here on trial last year but, didn't sign him as he would be a non-Eu signing. Pontedera got him on a free though so I bought him here for €750k and he isn't a non-EU signing and got some first team action. He will spend the season on loan at Perugia.

Stian Fevang
View attachment 152017A good deal for 1.4 million I felt so I bought him from Danish side AGF and loaned him to Norway where he will represent Sarpsborg. I have decent hopes for him and he could become a rotation option for us in the future with his versatility a big plus.

Renato Sanches
View attachment 152016
The Benfica side that dismantled us is splitting up and I claimed Renato Sanches from it to replace Parolo. An expensive signing at €39 million but, I think that he will come good and he has dominated the midfield for Benfica and can hopefully do the same himself.

Tin Jedavj
View attachment 152015
There are so many puns I could make about the RB/CB's name but, I shall resist. He was a big money signing to replace Basta and cost me 22.5 million rising to 30 possibly from Man City where he had an unproductive last season. He should be a solid right back for us and his versatility is a bonus.

Samuele Michelotto
View attachment 152014
Signed to replace the Italian players my academy have failed to produce Michelotto has a bright future in the game and only cost €1.5 million to sign from Chievo rising to 4.5 so I jumped on the chance to sign him and think he will be a bargain for the fee.

Lincoln
View attachment 152013
An expensive signing at €27 million Lincoln can offer a great challenge on the left wing spot especially when Griezmann is playing up front for us.

thats your choise ;) good story m8, but know the felling when the game/save gets bored.