Lazio - Cose suono sofisticano in italiano

October Update

I'm still trying to help the team find it's mojo we haven't played well despite all of the wins and we have to improve as we can't keep on relying on bad finishing from other teams and mistakes.

Lazio 3-0 Pescara
View attachment 154996
While the scoreline looks convincing it was close until we grabbed two late goals on the counter but, we won again and that is the big thing. Barbosa got us ahead after 11 minutes, Griezmann played a long ball over the top into Barbosa. Barbosa beat a man and from a tight angle powered a shot past the keeper and in to put us ahead. Griezmann, who averaged over a goal or assist per game, getting his first assist and still hasn't scored. Barbosa scored his second goal after 85 minutes to ensure a win, Can with a beautiful chipped pass over the top Barbosa ran onto it and slid a low shot past the keeper and in. We got a very lucky third goal to add to the scoreline, a corner was hit into the box and bounced around until Kimmich hit a powerful volley that was going well wide until it hit off of Janko and went in past a shocked keeper.

View attachment 154988
Fernandes has recovered from his achilles injury but, still has a way to go to get match fit.

Napoli 2-0 Lazio
View attachment 154987We finally put in the sort of performance I wanted to see, testing their keeper a lot, nice passing, limiting the other sides shots on target. However, Pepe Reina had a great game and Napoli scored both shots on target they had. Juanmi put us behind just before half time, volleying in a Jose Callejon cross at the near post. We pushed for an equaliser and got caught on a late counter attack, Destro was one on one with De Vrij and just passed to Williams who was in on goal and swept a low finish past Alisson and in to hand us our second loss of the season.

Benfica 6-1 Lazio
View attachment 154986Humiliated by the Portuguese side but, we do have a chance to get revenge at home later in the month. Onazi lost us the game with an awful two footed lunge after 17 minutes. The only positive is that Griezmann got his first goal of the season a beautiful half volley that went over the keeper and clipped the bottom of the bar on its way in. We had some decent chances and could have scored 2 or 3 goals but, Benfica could have had double digits Alisson had a good game but, was 100% responsible for the last goal when he passed to Adriano. De Vrij also had a decent game and that was it really. An embarrassment and all I can say is that the squad is lucky Onazi was the only player fined, he loses two weeks wages and was honest enough to admit it was fair at least.

View attachment 154985
Basta signs a new deal as his old one had a year left. It adds a year and gives him a wage rise but, he has more than deserved it with some great play on the right hand side even if he does go into the book quite a lot.

Lazio 2-1 Cagliari
View attachment 154984
We are again poor but, a late penalty gets us the comeback win that morale really needed after the midweek hammering. Krajnc put us behind after 8 minutes, a Cagliari corner was played in and Haller flicked the ball across the face of goal and Kranjc got a toe on it to put us behind. Kimmich, who is close to replacing Parolo in the first team, got us level after 26 minutes. Heading in a Greizmann free kick after evading his marker. The change to a 3-4-3 got us the vital winner Barbosa burst into the box from out wide and tumbled over an outstretched leg. Saul stepped up and fired a powerful penalty past the keeper to get us the 81st minute winner. Saul has probably been the only player to be better this year than last year so its good to see him grabbing a goal.

Udinese 1-2 Lazio
View attachment 154982Basically the same as the last game but with slightly different minutes we fall behind within ten minutes equalise in the 20-30 minute gap and then score the winner just after 80 minutes. Duje Cop was the man to put us behind after 4 minutes getting the ball in the box he twisted and turned to create some space for himself and then placed a low effort just inside the near post to put us behind. Griezmann, whose form has really picked up, got us level after 26 minutes. Barbsa had the ball out wide and tried to chip a pass to Parolo on the edge of the box, it was intercepted and tried to be headed back to the keeper but, it was underpowered and Griezmann won the race to the ball and poked a low finish between the keepers legs from a yard out. Again I had to change to 3-4-3 to get a winner. A counter attack led to Anderson's winner after 80 minutes, we got the ball up the pitch in four passes and Drmic received the ball from Griezmann and hit a low ball into the corridor of uncertainty and just as it was about to leave it Anderson got a boot on the ball to get us the winner. All you have to do is look at the stats to see how poor we were against a team that just got promoted.

Lazio 2-1 Genoa
View attachment 154979 I finally beat Genoa, at the fifth time of asking!!! Griezmann showed his return to form by grabbing both goals in a decent performance. Griezmann got us ahead just after half time, Anderson hit a great cross field pass to Griezmann and he took a touch and hit a powerful drive past the keeper and in. Genoa got level seconds later though, Pavoletti powerfully heading in a Klein cross. Griezmann scored the winner after 79 minutes, Anderson received a pass from Saul and burst into the box beating two defenders and squaring the ball to Griezmann who fired in the winner from close range. We held on to get my first win over Genoa. (If you can't tell I am pleased to have beaten Genoa)

Lazio 0-3 Benfica
View attachment 154978
F**k off Benfica. We lose 9-1 on aggregate to a side that didn't even win the Portuguese title. The only positive is we don't have to play them again.

Table
View attachment 154977
Despite rarely playing well we are somehow neck and neck with Juventus. Although next month we face Roma, AC Milan and Juventus.

Champions League
View attachment 154976
There is a serious danger we don't get out of the groups. If we lose our next game to Ajax in Amsterdam then we are out. Benfica are guaranteed to finish top as we are the only side who can get level on points with them and they have a slight lead in the head to head on us

Sorry about the lack of updates recently I've been "studying" for exams. I should get out an update tomorrow but, in the meantime as an appetizer here is the form of Liverpools €63 million striker, who is €300k a week and 30

View attachment 154266
He does have one goal in the capital one cup and one in Europe (in a 2-1 loss) so it looks to be money well spent. At least they are saving money on his goal bonus. Anyway he is just 7% of Liverpools wage budget for that 1 league assist.

#worsethanTorres

But, I hear you say Liverpool have a number of talented strikers who can all chip in goals

View attachment 154260
Benteke has two league goals but, has been in good form continentally.

View attachment 154259
Sturridge has one Europa League goal. If he gets that little playing time for a bit longer I may make a move for him.

Ings hasn't played this season despite being healthy.

Liverpool are spending €725,000 a week on wages for that production. For just over double that I won the Serie A​

Last edited:
November Update

A challenging month as we have our defining game against Ajax in the CL and Juve, Roma, AC Milan and Fiorentina in Serie A. So a defining month of the season for us as we have found form.

Roma 0-1 Lazio
View attachment 154118
I stay undefeated in Rome Derby's with a close hard fought win over Roma to get the win, despite playing most of the second half with ten men. De Vrij got the only goal of the game after 23 minutes, Saul hit in a corner and De Vrij got under the ball and headed powerfully past the keeper. He now has more goals than Kevin Gameiro despite not being a striker and for a fourth of the wage cost. We went down to ten men after 48 minutes Anderson sent off for a trip but, we held on quite easily to get the win. A good win for us and 3 more points to kick off the month.

Injuries
View attachment 154117
Azzaoui will miss a month and a half from a sprained ankle he hasn't played a lot but, I hope it doesn't hurt his development.

View attachment 154116
Alex Meret is injured and will miss a month so Alisson better not get injured as I don't fancy playing Juve with a keeper forced to make their debut.

View attachment 154115
Anderson has been in good form but, will miss the next three weeks with a twisted ankle.

View attachment 154092
Fortunately Candreva is back to fitness so he can take the now free slot on the right wing.

Lazio 1-1 AC Milan
View attachment 154078
A late equaliser for us sees us have our first draw of the season in the Serie A. AC Milan had dominated and got a deserved lead after 62 minutes. Abate got the ball out wide and hit in a cross that Bonaventura poked in at the back post. We got a late equaliser through Gabriel Barbosa to earn us a point, Griezmann passed to Clough on the counter and he slipped in Barbosa and he fired a low finish past Donnarumma at the near post. A decent point as AC Milan are in third place.

Ajax 1-4 Lazio
View attachment 154077
We get a massive win away to Ajax despite Kishna scoring. However, AEK Athens upset Benfica so the win isn't as good as it could have been. Marco Parolo got us ahead after 20 minutes, Candreva's corner wasn't totally cleared and Can passed to Saul and he squared the ball to Parolo and he hit a powererful shot into the bottom corner from 15 yards out. Kishna levelled for Ajax on a counter attack just before half time, Gudej floating a pass to Kishna and he rifled a volley into the bottom corner. Griezmann got us back ahead after 64 minutes, Saul passed to Griezmann and he turned his man with ease and then hit a powerful drive past the keeper at the hear post. He extended our lead after 78 minutes, he played a 1-2 with Drmic to get in on goal and he passed the ball into the bottom corner to get us a two goal lead. From kickoff we got a three goal lead through Drmic, Mas played him in with a great through ball and despite the tight angle he scored hitting a powerful high finish over the keeper. A big result for us and it keeps us in the hunt for Champions League knockout rounds.

Juventus 0-2 Lazio
View attachment 154073
A perfect counter attacking performance sees us get the win away to Juventus and go top of the table. Griezmann got us ahead after 19 minutes, Barbosa beat a man out wide and hit in a cross it was cleared to Candreva and he headed it down to Saul and he slipped in Griezmann and he hit a powerful strike past Zieler in the Juve goal. We then grabbed a late goal to get us the win and help our head to head if it comes to that, Griezmann had two crosses cleared and the ball went to Saul who passed it back to Griezmann he beat his man and cut inside to shoot the ball hit off of a defender and gave Barbosa simple tap in to get us the away win. A massive result and proof that we have really begun to find form.

Lazio 1-0 Fiorentina
View attachment 154066
De Vrij again scored the only goal of the game just before half time to put him ahead of all Liverpool strikers for league goals and on far smaller wages. His far post header from a corner was just powerful enough to get over the head of Falque on the line.

Table
View attachment 154065
We move into top spot with a slim lead over Juve and a decent lead over the two Milan sides. Torino have been poor and are still in the bottom three.

Champions League
View attachment 154064
There are a number of permutations for who goes into the Champions League, who goes to the Europa League and who is out of Europe. For us the simple way is win and we will go through in second place.

Italian Cup
View attachment 154063
We will host Cagliari in the Italian Cup round of sixteen and I want us to have a good run in the cup and we have gone out in the quarter finals in the last two years

December Update

We face our massive Champions League game against AEK Athens, our Italian Cup game and three games in the league before we take our break for the winter.

Atalanta 0-2 Lazio
View attachment 153850A rotated side is more than enough to get us past Atalanta and three more points in the Serie A. Parolo got us ahead after 10 minutes, a Candreva corner hit off of about 5 or 6 players before falling to Parolo and he fired a powerful effort past the keeper and in. Drmic got us the second goal after 36 minutes, side-footing in a Rosales cross to get us a win and another clean sheet. A good win by a rotated side.

Lazio 3-0 AEK Athens
View attachment 153849A good win for us to get into the knockout rounds of the Champions League it was a comfortable win for us. Barbosa got us ahead after 9 minutes, Candreva received the ball out wide and hit in a good cross for Barbosa to head just inside of the far post. De Vrij doubled our lead after 12 minutes, a corner went all the way through to Candreva. He hit the ball back in and De Vrij poked the ball past the keeper from close range. Barbosa got us the third goal just before half time that ensured we got into the group stage, Basta's received the ball out wide from Cataldi and put in a low cross that Barbosa fired past the keeper at the near post.

Lazio 2-0 Bologna
View attachment 153848
A solid two goal win for us with Barbosa grabbing two early goals and another clean sheet for Alisson. Barbosa ot us ahead after 9 minutes, Griezmann hit in a corner and it went past everyone until it fell to Barbosa and he hit a powerful shot past the keeper and in. Barbosa grabbed a second goal two minutes later, Candreva beat two men out wide and cut the ball back to Barbosa and he swept the ball past the keeper and just inside the far post. A good win for us and we have become the master of 2-0 wins in the league now.

View attachment 153847
Roma sack Bielsa after an awful start to the season and he is the second Roma manager I have outlasted in Rome.

Lazio 2-2p Cagliari
View attachment 153846
Well I made 11 changes and it showed a bit. St. Juste and Mere made there first start as a CB pair and showed they had to grow. Petro an academy product made what will likely be his only game for Lazio. Anderson got us ahead after 33 minutes, a Rosales cross was blocked in the box and fell to Anderson and he fired a powerful drive past the keeper. Ibarbo got Cagliari level after 68 minutes, Alhadur's cross was redirected past Meret by Ibarbo. Drmic got us back in front less than a minute later, Anderson hit a low cross across the face of goal and Drmic hit the ball in wide open at the back post. Cagliari got a late equaliser, Mrabti hitting a powerful header past Meret. After an uneventful extra time it went to penalties and Drmic had his saved while all of Cagliari's penalties went in to put us out of the Italian Cup.

Empoli 3-0 Lazio
View attachment 153845
Good thing I rested all the players for this game :p. 5th place Empoli beat us with a great counter attacking performance. Moldoveanu put us behind after 25 minutes, a poor Mas touch played him in and he hit a low shot past Alisson at the near post. In our big chance Candreva had his penalty saved by Iker Casillas. Moldoveanu put us two goals behind after 60 minutes, a corner hit off of him and went in at the back post. Empoli got a third goal on the counter when we were chasing the game, with a 3 on 1 the ball was squared to Chibsah and he fired the ball into an empty net. A bad result and performance.

Table
View attachment 153844
It is still tight at the top between us and Juventus. We should definitely get Champions League football. Roma meanwhile lie in 14th place and have had an awful season so far.
Champions League
View attachment 153843
We could face anyone of Celtic, Barcelona, Man City, PSG, Chelsea or Lyon. Celtic are the ones I really want and as City are defending champions they have to be the ones to avoid.

View attachment 153842
We will face PSG who boast 3 ex-Lazio players so will know a lot about us. They only qualified for the Champions League after winning a playoff but, have won their group and are leading Ligue 1 so it will be a tough match but, we have a decent shot against them as they haven't been a great team​

Awards and Random Stuff

January is award time so along with them I have thrown everything else that is random in.

World Player of the Year Shortlist
View attachment 153790
Lazio have two players nominated, the same amount as Juve. Ex-Atletico pair Griezmann and Saul are up for the award and can hopefully do well.

View attachment 153789
I cashed out on the clause for €8 million to get that otherwise he would have had to be sold for around €75 million.

View attachment 153788
After a number of failed takeover attempts including one by David Sullivan Emploi have a new owner. They have started every season well but, this time they haven't faded away as they have the last couple of seasons.

View attachment 153787
We took on Lazio II or Atletico as they are also known in a friendly with Saul and Griezmann both scoring.

View attachment 153786
Messi wins the Golden Ball award with a massive lead over second place De Bruyne and a much bigger lead over James in third

View attachment 153784
De Bruyne made up that gap to win world player of the year and James displaces Ronaldo for third place.

View attachment 153783
Griezmann is runner up to fellow Serie A star Paul Pogba for the French player of the year. Samir Nasri and his awful hair finishing third.

View attachment 153782
Basta records back to back Serbian player of the year awards. He has had a great year out at right back for us and will be hard to replace when he starts to decline.

World Team of the Year
View attachment 153781
Saul gets a spot on the bench of the team with the two players ahead of him at CM coming first and third in world player of the year voting shows how good he has been for us since he signed. He played a key role in winning us the title and if we retain it he will play a massive role in that.

Last edited:
Algeria Update

I've not done an update on Algeria as I've just done friendlies and CHAN games that are all greyed out players so I don't care about them.

World Cup Group Draw
View attachment 153780
After the first two teams are drawn there are some decent groups we could be drawn in.

View attachment 153779
We are in Group H which could be a disadvantage if we get through as we will get less rest than whoever we play. A group that is more than possible to get out of. Anything against Portugal would be a bonus and Norway and Australia are both beatable.

View attachment 153778
Also, apparently the desert of Algeria is similar in weather to the Russian Steppes.

View attachment 153777
Guess which country the African Player of the Year will be from. The African Cup winning performance before I took over likely had a big impact on that.

View attachment 153776
The Algeria best 11 shows why we have a chance in the World Cup. It is a good squad but, we do lack depth which will hurt us.

View attachment 153775
Algeria and Leicester's Mahrez wins the African Broadcaster's player of the year award.

View attachment 153774
It is an Algeria 1-2-3 for African Player of the Year but, have a look at the vote totals for how close it was. 144 to 143 to 142 shows how good all three have been.

African XI of the Year
View attachment 153773
Algeria has a number of players in the squad M'Bohli, Ghoulam, Brahimi, Mahrez, and Taider all make the team

January Window Outgoings

As usual a number of our players have bids made for them by bigger teams, most I reject but, there is a big departure and the threat of civil war in the squad.

Bruno Fernandes
View attachment 153679His injury saw players climb above him in the CM spot where I have a number of players. He wanted more first team football so he is sold for just more than I paid to free spending Red Bull Leipzig.

Zach Clough
View attachment 153678
He never seemed to adapt to top level football or Italian football. He never scored for us and wasn't great for Crystal Palace where he was on loan so I sold him to Palermo for €6.5 million which is a decent fee.

Ismail Azzaoui
View attachment 153677
To get a spot in the team as a winger you have to be a great talent and while Azzzoui was he wasn't training well but, was adamant he was. I listed him and he chose Barca over Real Madrid, Man Utd and Liverpool so I showed him. We do make a nice profit on him though which I like.

Gabriel Barbosa
View attachment 153676
Chelsea make another bid for Barbosa and I tell them where they can stick it. In the this transfer is rejected and will never happen pile.

View attachment 153675
Unfortunately Chelsea sent in a bid for the, they just met your players release clause and can blow you out of the water in terms of wages offered part of my inbox. Their bid of €93 million meets his release clause and I tried to offer him a new deal but, I couldn't match what he wanted so.

View attachment 153674
So Barbosa makes his move to Chelsea for €93 million and me hunting for some new players to play up front for us.

View attachment 153673
Barbosa had a great three years in Rome firing us to the Serie A last year and hopefully this year as well he also made us a massive profit. In 85 league games for Lazio he scored 47 goals which is a great return from any player but, especially one so young.

View attachment 153672
Hopefully he can do what Chelsea's last two record signings did, Torres and Shevchenko both returned to the club that sold them for nothing after failing miserably.

Danilo Cataldi
View attachment 153671
Chelsea despite spending €93 million on Barbosa still have enough cash left to make this offer for Cataldi but, I rejected it and he has no release clause that Chelsea can meet.
Dusan Basta
View attachment 153670
PSG made a number of bids for Basta but, I turned them all down and he didn't seem to want to leave for Paris so the right back will be representing us vs PSG in a month

Marco Parolo
View attachment 153669
A bid came in for Parolo from City but, I rejected it. This did not go down well with Parolo and his wanting to leave did not go down well with me.

View attachment 153667
We exchanged some words that became less friendly after he refused to trust the youngsters I bought and to stay until the end of the season and I refused to sell him to Man. City.

View attachment 153666
The team were on the side of Marco yet again as he had a dispute with me.

View attachment 153665
But, I was able to win around everyone except Griezmann, which is annoying as he is the star and Kimmich.

View attachment 153663
So the squad has somewhat split into two camps over the issue. Which is nice.

Joshua Kimmich
View attachment 153662Barca bid for him and I said no. We basically had the same fight I had with Parolo but, the squad weren't interested in supporting him and oddly enough Griezmann thinks I have dealt with it well despite having done the exact same thing I did with Parolo.

I also forgot to screenshot it but, centre back Mauricio departed for Brazil. He wanted more game time and Dragovic and De Vrij were better and I wanted younger back ups so he moved for 5.25 million to Palmeiras

View attachment 153660
He was a key player in us getting Champions League football in my first year but, a bit part player after that​

January Incomings

I had planned for a quietish window but, then Barbosa left I had cash to splash so I splashed it.

Lorenzo Cozzolino
View attachment 153658
A promising young Italian who I could sign for a decent fee so I snapped him up from Bologna for €2.3 million. He made his Bologna debut in the Italian Cup just before joining and should develop into a good striker for us.

Gabi
View attachment 153655
This signing helped me complete two things I want to do. Sign Atletico Madrid and also get an experienced player in to replace the loss of Mauricio. Gabi is a decent player and I signed him on a free for the summer but, paid €1.1 million to bring it forward as I want an experienced player for the CL and Serie A run in.

Ezequiel Lavezzi
View attachment 153654Another experienced player Lavezzi signed fore free after letting his contract in China run out. I took him in on a trial and he impressed so inked a two and a half year deal.

Rodrigo Ely
View attachment 153653
With Mauricio gone I wanted a cheap option to ensure we didn't lack centre backs and Ely fit that with the bonus of being home grown in Italy. He cost just €1.9 million from AC Milan and just has to provide cover at CB

Mattia Destro
View attachment 153652
The Serie A journeyman, we become his eight side, was a cheap signing to ensure we have a striker with Serie A experience he did only score 7 goals in 41 games from Napoli but, with my wingers enjoying goals if he can just up his strike rate a bit we should be able to get by with him. He was a cheap signing at €6.5 million.

Donis Avdijaj
View attachment 153649The German who looks about 12 in his photo and has an unpronounceable last name signs from Schalke for €21.5 million as hopefully the long term replacement for Barbosa. He won't be the leading man up front this season and I rejected over 100 loan offers for him after I signed him. Also as a bonus he has no release clause in his contract.

January Window Overview

View attachment 153648
The biggest move is unsurprisingly Barbosa. For Algeria Mahrez's move to Real could see him playing less. Berardi continues to move every January and is now a Real Madrid player along with Liverpools top scorer Christian Benteke. Inaki Williams moves from Napoli in the other big Italian deal. Liverpool also get a new striker in Morata who is on €215k a week and has fit in well, failing to score in his first four games.

View attachment 153641
A look at our dealings in January.

View attachment 153640
I was only third in total spent behind Napoli whose big signing was €24.5 million for Mario Balotelli from Stoke and Inter who bought a number of players including Milik and Schneiderlin from Man Utd​

January Update

Back to the football and we have a straightforward month on paper but, will it be that way?

Lazio 3-0 Latina
View attachment 153635
Despite Onazi getting sent off for a dumb slide tackle in the first half when it was 0-0 we got a win over struggling Latina. Griezmann got us ahead after 66 minutes, Candreva's wide free kick was cleared to him and he whipped in a second cross that Griezmann powered in at the far post. Barbosa got us two goals up 5 minutes later, Candreva with another great cross into the box and Barbosa stooped to head in from just inside the box. Drmic wrapped up the win with a late goal, Barbosa passed to a wide open Drmic and his first time effort was saved but, he fired in the rebound to give us a comfortable ending to the game.

View attachment 153631
Meret will miss almost 2 months with a collarbone injury his injuries are stacking up I hope they don't hit his development.

Lazio 4-0 Frosinone
View attachment 153629
An easy win over last place Frosinone as Gabi and Lavezzi make there Lazio debuts. Griezmann got us ahead after 23 minutes, Dragovic was taken down in the box and Griezmann stepped up and snuck his effort past Valdes and in. Parolo got us two in front soon after, looping in a header from a Griezmann corner. Lavezzi marked his debut and return to Italian football by making it 3-0 after 66 minutes, chesting down a Felipe Anderson cross and half volley past Valdes from a very tight angle. Anderson got a late goal for us to help our goal difference, taking down a chipped pass from Basta and half volleying into the top corner to give us a four goal win.

View attachment 153627
An outgoing transfer that I forgot to mention my scout Vales turned down Real Madrid and Man City to stay at Lazio which is good to see.

View attachment 153626
Mas tweaks his groin in training and will miss the rest of the month

Sampdoria 2-3 Lazio
View attachment 153624
Barbosa signs off as a Lazio player by scoring the winner in a tight game against Sampdoria. Dragovic got us ahead after 21 minutes, a powerful near post header from a Candreva corner getting us ahead. Sampdoria hit back quickly through an unlikely source of their own, Palombo who fired a 22 yard free kick in past Alisson. Two minutes later and Sampdoria were ahead through Eder, as he cut inside and curled a beautiful effort past Alisson from just outside the box. Candreva got us level after 37 minutes, Barbosa hitting a cross field pass to him and Candreva buried a fierce shot on the half volley into the bottom corner from just outside the box. After 69 minutes Barbosa got his last Lazio goal to get us the win, Drmic passed to Candreva and he slipped in Barbosa who finished low beyond the reach of Viviano. A good win and it shows that we will miss Barbosa when he leaves.

View attachment 153623
We link up with Tigres in an attempt to boost our Mexican fan base and grab some good players from them.

Cesena 1-4 Lazio
View attachment 153622
We come from behind to hammer Cesena and after coming on for Drmic at half time Vanja Galovic became Lazio's youngest ever player and came close to becoming Lazio's youngest ever scorer but, had his chance well saved. Ze Eduardo put us behind after 12 minutes, as he sprayed the ball out wide then got into the box to volley past Alisson. Griezmann got us level 7 minutes later, Basta hitting a low cross in just in front of goal and Griezmann poked it in at the back post. Josip Drmic, who is now first choice striker, got us in front after 25 minutes, Zeca's cross was hooked high into the air by Elez. Greizmann headed the ball back in front of goal and Drmic reacted quickly to head in his 8th goal of the season. Drmic grabbed his second goal after 35 minutes, Griezmann passing to him inside the box and Drmic took a touch before sweeping a low shot inside the far post. Keita killed the game off with his first game of the season after 55 minutes, Candreva drilled in a ball and Keita had gambled on it and got past his man to poke in at the back post. An easy win and it shows we can score without Barbosa who also showed he can score without us by netting on his debut.

View attachment 153621
He becomes Lazio's youngest player and will get a few more games if he can keep on dominating the U-20 league as he has been doing so far.

View attachment 153620
Candreva signs a monster deal to stay here for the next 3.5 year it may be a bit of a risk given his age but, he has led in assists every year and this one as been no different so I think it will work out.

Table
View attachment 153619Juventus have had a poor start to 2018 and it has allowed us to open up an 8 point lead over them and we hold the head to head tie breaker so far. Roma have done well under new manager Montella and are up to 5th.

Candreva at 30 is not a risk, I reckon he's good for another 4 years. I'm 3 years ahead of you and he hasn't put a foot wrong for my team since joining

Candreva at 30 is not a risk, I reckon he's good for another 4 years. I'm 3 years ahead of you and he hasn't put a foot wrong for my team since joining

My issue is that he seems to pick up a lot of small injuries and if they add up or he gets a big one then it could make him much worse and at that wage he is around 7% of my wage bill and I can't sit on that if he isn't consistently performing.

February Update

We face PSG in our Champions League knockout round and face Inter Milan and Napoli in the Serie A.

View attachment 153446
Candreva celebrates his new contract by getting injured and he will likely miss the PSG game.

Lazio 1-3 Inter Milan
View attachment 153445A new look Inter side claim a 3-1 win over us as we kick off the month with a loss. Persic got us behind after just three minutes, his shot from the edge of he box taking a deflection off of Dragovic and wrong footing Alisson and hitting the post to go in. Drmic got us level after 34 minutes, Onazi passed to Parolo on the edge of the box and he played in Drmic who placed his effort out of reach of the keeper and inside the far post. Milik got Inter ahead after 48 minutes, receiving a pass and beating a man before chipping the ball over Alisson to score a great goal. Luan put the game a bit further out of reach after 57 minutes, a Nagatomo cross was cleared to Schniederlin and he passed to Luan who fired past Alisson. Disappointing to lose to Inter but, they are a good side.

Torino 0-3 Lazio
View attachment 153443
A comfortable result for us makes it 6 wins out of six against Torino. Anderson got us ahead after 21 minutes, Parolo heading down a Griezmann free kick and Anderson was free to volley in past the keeper. De Vrij got us a two goal lea before half time, a Griezmann free kick looked like it had evaded everyone but, De Vrij popped up at the back post to poke the ball in. Griezmann then got on the scoresheet after 56 minutes, Saul was fouled trying to get under Griezmann's corner and Greizmann stepped up and blasted his penalty down the middle and in. A comfortable win over my favourite opposition.

View attachment 153439
Kimmich is happy to stay now and this helps morale a bit but, Parolo is the bigger issue in the squad.

Lazio 1-1 Palermo
View attachment 153434
We struggled to break down Palermo who played with 3 CB's 2 DM's 2 CM's 2 wingback and a striker. We got ahead after 68 minutes through new signing Avdijaj, a quick counter from a free kick Destro hit the ball up to Avdijaj and he lifted the ball over Kameni and in. Palermo got a late leveller with Chiriches rising highest to head in a corner and leave us with just a point. However, I can't be to angry at a point as look at the beard of their right back, not sure of the hair style though

View attachment 153433
Pescara 6-1 Lazio
View attachment 153432Unacceptable. Our second 6-1 loss of the season, it was a rotated side but, still had more than enough quality so that this result should have been out of the question. Our only goal was sub Saul heading in a corner from fellow sub Griezmann. Pescara cut our defence to shreds and Alisson didn't have that bad a game in goal the number of 1 on 1's he had to face. It is the worst possible preparation for our game against PSG.

Lazio 0-1 PSG
View attachment 153423
Playing with an odd formation PSG got an undeserved away win and goal. We had been dominant until PSG scored with their second shot and first on target, Pastore played in Cavani and he skipped past Dragovic and Cavani slipped a low shot in past Alisson. It isn't a disastrous result and we just have to win in Paris. We also probably should have had a penalty when Saul was pulled down trying to get onto a corner.

View attachment 153422
PSG's odd formation but, it worked.

Lazio 0-0 Napoli
View attachment 153421A drab draw against Napoli Alisson making a couple of saves was enough to win a man of the match award I felt should have gone to his opposite number. Reina made a number of good saves especially denying Griezmann a number of times from good positions.

Table
View attachment 153420
With a poor month we have had our lead cut to three points by Juventus who had a good month. Serie A stalwarts Sampdoria look in danger of falling into the Serie B​

March Update

We head off to Paris needing a win and also face Roma in a Rome derby to end the month in a challenging game.

Cagliari 1-2 Lazio
View attachment 153342
We edge a win over Lazio to return to winning ways with our first in five games. Drmic got us ahead late on in the first half, we countered from a corner and Mas whipped in a cross that Drmic redirected past the keeper from close range. Mitrovic hit back for Cagliari right after though, heading an Obi cross past Alisson and in. Griezmann bagged the winner for us after 60 minutes, Drmic was tackled when in on goal and the ball fell to Mas and he whipped in a cross and Griezmann flicked in a header at the near post to get us the much needed win.

Lazio 1-0 Udinese
View attachment 153338
A close win over Udinese to get us in a winning mood ahead of our game in Paris. Candreva scored the only goal after 72 minutes, Candreva's cross was headed clear and fell to Saul and he hammered a volley at the keeper and it was parried to Candreva who fired in the rebound to get us the win. A good result for us and we are in good form going into the Champions League match.

PSG 4(5-3)3 Lazio
View attachment 153334PSG scored the 3 goals in six minutes to cancel out a Griezmann hat trick and knock us out of the Champions League. Griezmann got us ahead after 13 minutes, he chested down a Canderva free kick and fired it past Sirigu. Di Maria put us behind just before half time Van der Wiel got wide and cut the ball back to Di Maria and from near the penalty spot he fired a low shot past Alisson. Griezmann got us back ahead for the first time in the tie after 57 minutes, a corner was half cleared and fell to Felipe Anderson he hooked the ball back into the mixer it bounced around and fell to Griezmann who fired it past Sirigu and in. We were behind in the tie soon after as Lukaku scored after 64 minutes, Van der Wiel played him in and from a tight angle Lukaku hit the post and with Alisson sprawled on the ground Lukaku fired in the rebound to put us behind. We never really recovered from it and Cavani got us further behind two minutes later, he took in a low pass from Matuidi beat Mas and then rolled a low shot past Alisson at the near post. Lukaku grabbed a second goal after 70 minutes, Cavani passed to Lukaku and Dragovic dived in and missed allowing Lukaku to emphatically fire past Alisson. Griezmann gave us some hope when he completed his hat trick after 77 minutes in a counter attack, Dragowski played a long ball up to Drmic and inside the box he squared to Griezmann to give him a simple finish for his hat trick. Wr couldn't get two more goals so despite Greizmann bagging a hat trick we fall out of Europe. It shows why you have to win your group.

Genoa 0-3 Lazio
View attachment 153328
A comfortable win for us over our bogey side to help us bounce back from European disappointment. Drmic got us ahead after 14 minutes rounding off a counter attack, Saul went on a great run and hit the ball wide to Rosales who crossed in for Drmic to volley in. Griezmann doubled our lead after 71 minutes, Cataldi got the ball wide to Mas and hr crossed in for Griezmann to volley in. Lavezzi rounded off a good win for us with a late goal, Mas passing to Lavezzi and he took a touch before firing a low drive in from close range. A good win and we do the double over Genoa.

Lazio 0-3 Roma
View attachment 153327
Well it had to happen eventually a loss to Roma although two late goals made it look worse than it was De Vrij being suspended was a big loss. Nainggolan put us behind after 66 minutes, a nice passing move ending when Nainggolan volleying in at the back post. Vidal scored after 88 minutes to leave us very little chance of a good result, a rapid counter got the ball wide to Durm and he passed to Vidal whose near post shot managed to beat Alisson and go in. Belloti wrapped up the scoring with a very late goal, he ghosted past both centre backs then fired low past Alisson. A poor result and I am not happy to have lost my first Rome derby in that way.

Table
View attachment 153326
We have a three point lead over Juve but, face AC Milan and then them in our first two games next month. Cesena and Frosinone also look like they are going down.

Youth Intake
View attachment 153325
Three intakes and I am yet to have a player over 2* come through.

View attachment 153324
The best of the lot but, the best he can hope for is to be a back up and get the odd game for us​

April Update

The month starts with massive games against AC Milan and Juventus before not getting that much easier as we go to Fiorentina. This month will be key for the title run in.

AC Milan 1-2 Lazio
View attachment 153291
Griezmann hit a late brace to get us the win over AC Milan and keep us ahead of Juventus who won with an 87th minute goal. Bacca put us behind after 31 minutes, Abate hit a cross to the back post Arda Turan sent it back across goal and Bacca cushioned the ball into the goal from close range. Griezmann got us level after 75 minutes from the spot, on a counter attack Griezmann got the ball wide to Drmic and was dragged down as he tried to get onto the end of it. He picked himself up and fired his penalty into the corner. He grabbed the winner after 87 minutes, another counter saw Anderson pass up to Avdijaj and he played in Griezmann who fired past Donnarumma to get the winner that is big in the title race.

View attachment 153290
That was Griezmann's 50th game for us so we have to pay Atletico €10 million but, performances like that one are why I don't mind that to much.

Lazio 0-1 Juventus
View attachment 153287
Disaster as we fall three points behind Juve with not long left in the season. We had been defending quite comfortably until sub Dybala scored after 64 minutes, Juve were probing passing the ball around the edge of the box until Poga played in Dybala who was playing out wide and Dybala took a touch before powerfully shooting past Alisson. The only positive is when we were pushing to equalise Juve didn't score so thanks to Barbosa's late goal we hold the head to head and will go ahead if we are level on points

View attachment 153284
This is Juve's run in and it has some games they could lose and hopefully the Champions League semi final can distract them. Inter and Napoli look most likely to take points off them but, they are in great form.

Juventus 3-1 Inter

The first chance for them to drop points bites the dust as they record an easy win over Inter.

View attachment 153283
Other results that day see us qualify for the Champions League which is all the board expects but, I still want the title.

View attachment 153282
I've been given quite the war chest for next season but, a massive chunk of it is Barbosa money that I didn't spend.

Fiorentina 0-3 Lazio
View attachment 153281
I actually have a great record against Fiorentina and made it five wins from six games and stayed undefeated against them. Drmic got us ahead after just 7 minutes, Saul somehow managed to slip the ball between three defenders and Drmic ran onto it and fired past the keeper from close range. Drmic doubled our lead after 21 minutes, Saul passed to a wide open Griezmann and he picked out Drmic who had a simple close range finish to get us ahead. Griezmann got the goal that killed the game off putting us three goals up after 25 minutes, Drmic passed to Candreva on the counter and he beat a man and fired a shot on target. The keeper parried it and yet again Griezmann was Johnny on the spot to fire in the rebound. An easy win but, it came with a cost.

View attachment 153280
Candreva ruptured his tendons and will miss the rest of this season, a world cup he was almost guaranteed of going to and probably the start of next season at 31 it remains to be seen how he will be after he recovers.

Torino 0-3 Juventus

Juventus' city rivals are powerless to stop them picking up there 11th Serie A win in a row.

Lazio 4-1 Atalanta
View attachment 153279
We respond by hitting 4 past Atalanta with Drmic hitting a first half hat trick as he does all he can to keep us in the title race. Drmic got us ahead after 11 minutes, Cataldi won the ball back and passed to Anderson who raced past his man and cut the ball back to Drmic who fired into the bottom corner to get us ahead. Atalanta were level soon after though, Cuero hit in a harmless cross but, Alisson came and failed to claim allowing Lopez to head into an empty goal. Drmic got us back in front after 29 minutes, we countered from a corner and Anderson hit in an early cross that Drmic rose to head in past the keeper. Drmic completed a 24 minute hat trick after 35 minutes, Griezmann played him in and Drmic took a touch before firing across the keeper and in. Keita grabbed a goal after 57 minutes to kill off any lingering hope for Atalanta, Anderson's through ball was perfect and Keita hit in on the half volley past the onrushing keeper and in.

View attachment 153278
NOOOOOOO. Juventus score twice late on to win against Palermo and stay in front in the title race.

Bologna 1-1 Lazio
View attachment 153277
We respond by drawing the match we won last season to win the title. Algerian Taider finished a beautiful passing move to put us behind after 59 minutes firing a low shot into the corner and earning himself a place on the bench in the World Cup in the process. Drmic hit back for us after 77 minutes, a counter attack from a corner Griezmann hit in an early cross and Drmic volleyed it in. However, we couldn't get the winner and fall 5 points behind Juve.

Table
View attachment 153276
The draw has all but handed Juve the title two points from there last two games will see them champions. They travel to Pescara and host Napoli.

View attachment 153275
We have hope!!! If only they could have won​

May Update

Two games to try and steal the Serie A title from under the noses of Juventus but, we will need some help from Napoli.

Lazio 3-1 Empoli
View attachment 153194
A good win over a talented Empoli side ensures that the title race will go down to the final day of the season. Drmic, who has been on fire, got us ahead just before half time. A counter from an Empoli free kick began when Greizmann's clearance fell kindly for Drmic he passed the ball to Anderson who then lofted a pass over the top and Drmic volleyed it off his shin low past the keeper. He scored again just after half time, Griezmann got the ball wide to Anderson and he crossed in for Drmic to redirect the ball in past the keeper. Griezmann got us three goals ahead just after the hour mark Anderson's cross was cleared to Saul and he set up to volley and then passed to Griezmann and he fired in low past the keeper. Empoli pulled a late goal back, a first header was saved but the rebound was easily fired in.

View attachment 153193
Empoli bounced back to get a great win to end there season hammering Inter.

View attachment 153191
The table going into the final game. Juve host Napoli and we are the only team to beat them at home and need Napoli to do that and beat Latina who will want to do well to ensure they beat the drop.

Latina 0-2 Lazio
View attachment 153190We do our job and win 2-0 over Latina. Drmic got us in front after 30 minutes, arriving just ahead of his marker to poke the ball in at the back post. Anderson scored our final goal of the season after 38 minutes, a counter from a corner saw Drmic played in on goal by a clearance but, the angle was to tight so he had to pass the ball back to Anderson who beat a man and then rolled the ball to there keeper, Strakosha, who somehow let it in showing why I sold him.

So would our result matter.

View attachment 153189
No. Juve won one nil Mandzukic scored and missed a penalty while Napoli had a man sent off. So in totally non controversial status win the Serie A for the 5th time in 6 years.

Table
View attachment 153188
Juve are top by three points while we finished 20 points clear of fourth place AS Roma. AC Milan again got CL football and Inter and overachieving Pescara will be in the Europa League. Udinese's return to the Serie A was short lived and they go down with Frosinone and Cesena.

Italian Cup
View attachment 153187Fiorentina edged the final over Juve going ahead in extra time and then winning on penalties.

Champions League Final
View attachment 153185
In an ill-disciplined final Juve won on penalties. Mandzukic scored but, Aguero quickly levelled and the teams were level for around 119 of 120 minutes. So I doubt that the Juve fans are to beat up about the Italian Cup Final