Le Classique - Une rivalité à un autre niveau

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you get s set amount of 'Like' a day mate, if you un-like a comment you'll be able to do it on another comment ;)

PSG.png

2011/12 PSG Kits

Home
psg_home-2.png

Away
psg_away-2.png

Third
psg_third-2.png

We have stuck with Macron and AirFrance for our sponsors. We have also stuck with El_Wufio Studios for our kit designs. The home is the usual Navy Blue, the away is a Retro-Style White kit, and the third is a masterpiece, Gold to celebrate last years Europa League and Ligue 1 wins, but very modern.

---------- Post added at 08:28 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 09:20 PM ----------

no updates today as I am travelling interstate for futsal and won't have the chance to progress much in my game :)

PSG.png

The Pre-Season (July)

A total of 5 friendlies to play, also the Champions Trophy against Auxerre was to be played.

PSG 4-2 Stuttgarter K.
Nene (2)
Bodmer
Henry

PSG 1-0 NEC
Ceara

PSG 3-0 Boluspor
Annan
Hlousek (2)

PSG 2-0 Sakaryaspor
Hlousek
Chantome

PSG 2-0 Kasimpasa
Henry
(New Signing)

French Champions Trophy
PSG 0-1 Auxerre

A good pre-season, 5 wins, 1 loss, 12 goals scored, 3 goals conceded and four clean sheets. Our new signings are doing well, getting on well in all parts of the field and gelling well with the team.

Transfers (so far)

IN

Diego Renan - £13.75mil - Cruzeiro

A long term replacement for Ceara on the right, and we needed to strengthen the left back position, and as he can play both flanks he was the perfect choice. Still young at 21 years of age, a great future ahead of him, will look to combine with Dodo as the Brazilian fullbacks grow together.

View attachment 106706

Gabriel Obertan - Ln Fee £875k - Man Utd

In the Man Utd reserves team and transfer listed we moved on him to replace Kalou, but will more likely be a backup to Sessegnon and Hlousek. Wanting to save money for other transfers we opted for the loan instead of a full transfer, but maybe will change at the end of the year.

View attachment 106703

Carlos Vela - Ln Fee £975k - Arsenal

Again to cover the wingers, especially after the crisis of injuries last year, but he was again available to loan, and was a lot cheaper this way. He can also play in the forward role as his preferred position, but will play more of the wing this year. An agreed price of £2.5mil if we opt to but the youngster.

View attachment 106704

Chris Smalling - £2 mil - Man Utd

Looked to bring in some youth at the back with Camara aging and Celso not coming for another year. Owena was also on his way out for first team football so we needed a young centre back to replace him. Very cheap for a player with such potential, could be starting with Sakho and Celso one day.

View attachment 106705

OUT

Peguy Luyindula - £900k - AS Monaco

The pre-settled fee between us and Monaco allows the unwanted striker to move for first team football after a season long loan there last year.

Sylvain Armand - £2.7mil - Deportivo

Very hard to watch Sylvain leave, he was a great part of our play last year, but he is aging, and with Dodo and Makonda becoming better as they become older he was allowed to leave. A good price for the aging left back.

Apoula Edel - £700k - Hercules

Our third choice goalkeeper, never got any first team football with Coupet and Felipe in front of him, and wouldn't in the future with Areola coming through, good deal for player and club.

Full Transfers (so far)
View attachment 106708

With barely any money left, it is likely no players will be coming in, I am very happy that we have depth in all parts of the field now. A good transfer window, spent a bit too much though. Jelle Vossen may also be leaving on another loan this year.

Likely Team
View attachment 106707
Nick van Aalst​

StoryHeader.png

Le Classique VII

Stade Velodrome - 21-8-11 - 8:00

The first Le Classique of the year, so early, and so anticipated. After 2/3 wins last year, we come into this game on a high, yet Marseille are out to get us even more. Not one win for them against us last year, hopefully we can keep this record up. New signing Diego Renan was ready for his first taste of the huge French Rivalry, and Nene was out to shatter Marseille hearts again. All I knew is that this would be a very tough test so early in the year.

View attachment 106854

In the first minute Marseille pushed forward, and they looked for an early goal, and you know what, they got it. 55 seconds into the game and Marseille went up 1-0 through Gignac. A soft goal, a through ball that Kompany should have easily intercepted, but it slipped past his leg, all Gignac had to do was tap it past Felipe. I was so angry, yelling my head off on the sideline, I yelled at Kompany like I had never yelled before, screaming at the team for giving the ball away, but then I thought, this is what Marseille wants, I quickly apologised to Kompany and the team, and told them to get on with the game and put it out of their mind, this is a good chance to show what we're made of.

Andre-Pierre_Gignac.jpg

Goalscorer - Andre Pierre Gignac

After that we settled into the game and started to knock the ball around confidently. Kompany started to get over his mistake, and became one of the best players on the pitch in the next 20 minutes. We had three chances in the first 20 minutes through Nene, Bodmer and Hlousek, but their single shot stood over our three and kept it 1-0. In the 25th minute Erdinc made a beautiful run, taking on three players, but he hit it all wrong and the ball sailed over the goal. 1 minute later Sessegnon had a shot after some nice play from Erdinc, again, and all of a sudden it was 1-1. He hit the ball into the near corner, and Mandanda didn't have a chance.

sessegnon-42.jpg

Sessegnon seemed delighted with his goal

The game calmed down before halftime, with only two chances at goal coming, one for Annan and one for Erdinc. No goals for the rest of the half, but still a good half with a lot of chances. At halftime I told the boys to simply go for it, we deserved it, and we needed it. We needed to show the fans that we a great team, this was where we could do it. Henry came on for Erdinc, I believed he could turn this game on it's head, he's done it before at Arsenal and Barcelona and he could do it here, he is just that type of player.

_40776016_henry.jpg

Could he change the game?

Nothing much really changed in the game, we still pushed forward while Marseille held strong, both teams playing well and both teams not looking like conceding. Bodmer picked up an injury with half an hour to go, not now, we needed him in midfield, we needed him to control the team. Chantome came on, and he was an adequate fill in for Bodmer, but he couldn't dictate play how Bodmer can. Annan got another chance a few minutes later, but never really looked like scoring. Sankhare came on with 15 minutes left for the tired Nene, he came off without breath, that shows how hard he had worked. Then it went all wrong, Gignac got through on goals and straight away it was 2-1, with about 10 minutes left we were behind, not a good time for me then.

art.gignac.jpg

Gignac celebrates his second

With 10 left, I told Chantome to tell the team, "Boys, it doesn't matter if we lose 2-1 or 10-1, as long as we try to tie this game up, we can do it, this is ours!" Straight away we bombarded the Marseille goal as they fell back and defended like crazy, we had a good three chances, but nothing came, the final whistle went, and the three points went to Marseille. We tried our hardest, but tonight it wasn't meant to be. Everyone gave their all, but Marseille need to know that next time, this is our game! MOM to Nene who gives his all every game, he is a truly gifted player.

View attachment 106853View attachment 106855
22-8-11
Nick van Aalst​

Last edited:
PSG.png

Group of Death - Champions League Draw

PSG will revisit Europa League competitors from the last two years, and will face one new side in the Champions League Group Stage. In what is already being called the "Group of Death" PSG will face Europa League finalists Arsenal, whom PSG defeated 4-1 last year to win the Europa League, and Atletico Madrid, whom PSG played two years ago in the Europa League Group Stage, aswell as Genoa, who haven't played PSG in the last two years.

View attachment 106856

PSG start with an away game to Arsenal to get their campaign underway, then a home game against Genoa, and then an away to Madrid before the flip matches.
Nick van Aalst​

Tough group kid, and that was unlucky against Marseille. Are we going to win Ligue 1 this year again with a little Champions League trophy too (H)?

Tough group kid, and that was unlucky against Marseille. Are we going to win Ligue 1 this year again with a little Champions League trophy too (H)?

Veerrrrrry tough group, well I'll try my best, but I can't guarantee anything man ;)

Just had a read through all this and it's a brilliant story. Great achievement winning the Europa league and Ligue 1. Good luck with this season.

Just had a read through all this and it's a brilliant story. Great achievement winning the Europa league and Ligue 1. Good luck with this season.

Thanks man, got a bit lucky to win both ;) Alwyas nice to have new followers.

Uhh I was gonna try and get my August update in, I wrote it all, but my computers a little
***** and won't let me upload attachments to fm-base, so it will be up
tomorrow :D

PSG.png

Average yet Awesome August

The first games of the 2011/12 season, 3 Ligue 1 games and a UEFA Super Cup game providing a fairly relaxing month. Tough teams in Bordeaux, Marseille and Inter, but we stood firm and came away with a decent months worth of results.

The Ligue 1 season started with an away game against Le Havre, and we took all three points in a 2-0 win against good opposition. Henry got the season's goal scoring underway with a strong strike from the edge of the box in the 33rd minute. Hlousek doubled our lead in the 55th minute and from there we looked safe. We probably should have scored another 2 or so goals, but we have to be happy with the three points no matter what. MOM to Nene who is continuing his good form from last season, well it looks like it.

A tough test at home to Bordeaux proved to be a solid win, with a surprising goalscorer giving us the three points in a narrow 1-0 win. We had to wait until the 61st minute, but it was worth the wait as Kompany made a lovely header to send Bordeaux home depressed. In a game where our finishing wasn't crash hot, we did well to secure the win, and against a title contender there's nothing better. MOM to Sessegnon who played like a God out on the right wing today.

View attachment 107012

The first Le Classique of the season, a 2-1 loss away to Marseille in Ligue 1. Sessegnon got us the goal today, but we should have at least got a draw, we know we deserved it. MOM to Nene who really is a beast in the centre of the park. Detailed report above.

UEFA Super Cup, a match we look to learn from, opponents Inter Milan are possibly the best team in the world at the moment, but we came away with the trophy in a 1-0 win, our first silverware for the season. Hlousek scored the only goal of the game with a wonderful header after some brilliant work by Sessegnon in the 37th minute. A downside of the game was an injury to Ceara that will put him out for about 2 weeks, but we have good cover for the Brazilian. We were **** lucky to win this match, but a MOM performance from Anthony Annan keeping Inter from scoring gave us the win.

View attachment 107013

A great month, we got our first silverware, and we are looking for more, 3 wins from 4 matches, although a disappointing loss away to Marseille.

View attachment 107015

Final Transfers
View attachment 107014

Only one transfer in August, 15yr old goalkeeper Bruno Cardoso, from Toulouse, a fee of £200k for the potential superstar.

View attachment 107011
1-9-11
Nick van Aalst​

Last edited:
Good update, and a nice win against Inter mate. Keep it up, still :wub: it

Good update, and a nice win against Inter mate. Keep it up, still :wub: it

still :wub: how u follow it hardcore ;)

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 09:17 PM ----------

gonna stop this for a while, just no motivation :S, might be back, if not I will most likely do a PSG story on FM11

mate, love the french league, love this story. how wiked is kalou, so underrated. keep it up bud

Status
Not open for further replies.