Reaction score

LE TIGRE / CE

New! New! New! V2! [21/11/2016]

This tactic is a standard four defenders, three midfielders and three players at front tactic, with a defensive midfielder and two wingers. This tactic is originally produced to overachieve with weaker clubs. So, at the moment of writing, I don’t know what to expect when using this tactic with great clubs. Just try and find out or check the comments below. Below you can find all the information you need about the tactic. Have a read!

There are two versions of this Le Tigre tactic, the standard version (normal press) and the defensive version. Later I will tell you something about how to use them right. The tactic has several attacking duties, which will turn out in lots of runs from deep by many players. This is riskfull, but can turn out in some amazing combinations and beautiful attacking play. This might cost you a goal, but in tests the tactic showed many more goals for.

The league tables above shows you what this tactic can do. I selected the lowest predicted club in the English Premier League and I have my own fun career with Almere City in The Netherlands, also predicted to finish last in the Eredivisie after the promotion. And even if you won’t finish first, this tactic should make you overachieve with your weaker club. Below you can find the schedule of the Hull City season.

The team report shows some information about the tactic and my players. The other screen shows players statistics. My centre strikers scored 40 goals, whilst the defenders have the better average rating. I transfered some players on loan, but haven't used them. The results with Hull City are from first season without any big transfer. I haven't used an editor like FMRTE or something.

The pressing style is in the tactic 'standard'. I don't want my players to run over the pitch, out of position and leave their opposition players standing all free. That's why I made 'pressing triggers'. When the opposition wide players have the ball, I want my team to press more. The wide players have often a problem when someone's pressing them because of the lack of free players around them and because of the sideline. Ideal, isn't it? Pich the opposition instructions below to make sure you close down the opposition right.

How to press - V1 (L) and V2 (R)
View attachment 118941 View attachment 117775

When to use what version? That's an important question. We have two potential 'base tactics', the normal- and high pressing version. If you have a lot of players who can play with a great pressing style, like ball winning midfielders, go for version high pressing version. When you need to defense in-match or when you're the far underdog, go for the defensive version.

How to be more effective? Think logic! Try. Try. And sometimes there's an error. For example, when the opposition has a lot of central players, don't play too width. Try make it hard for the opposition to find the central players. In attack, you can try to focus on attacking down the flanks. Logic, isn't it? Further, when facing a two striker team, make sure your fastest CD is facing the fastest striker of the two players. Equal for the player who is good at headers.

Think also logic when it comes to player roles. When you don't have a good complete forward, try the deep lying forward on support. Or when you don't have good inside forwards, pick some wingers.

What training to use? Whatever you like! I pick just the balanced team training and tactical match training. Make sure you give your players a lot of rest when you're playing lots of matches in a few days and plan a lot of friendlys (look at my schedule) when you have national matches or days off.

Downloadlink
Version 1
Defensive version -
Click for download!
Normal press version - Click for download!
High press version - Click for download! (Fix!)

Version 2
Defensive press version - Click for download!
Normal press version - Click for download!

High press version - Click for download!
Check post #106 for more details.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Wow, if you can win the Eredivisie with Almere City in your second season, then I really need to try this.

Wow impressive results might give a go with villa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where have you been

Great to have you back !

Used your tactics religiously for the last few FM's, always love the 2x IF and Striker formation.

So far on this FM i have been using your tactics from 2016, got me into the prem with Forest and a FA Cup and Euro league win. Cant wait to try this tonight, keep up the good work you are awesome.

Will try this and see for myself, but my immediate curiosity begs me to ask:

How do you find the tracking back-dynamics to be on attacking inside forwards to be in this version?

In FM16 I found attacking inside forwards was suicide due to the overpowered overlapping wing backs. No matter their stats they would simply abandon their defensive duties at some point and let the opposition full back run wild.

Inside forwards on support (always playing 4-1-2-2-1) ended up my go to-solution in FM16 with either the forward or the two CM's on attack duty. I would love, though to play with a support forward and attacking inside forwards (like most real life 4-3-3's) and the support inside forwards seem extremely ineffective in this version.

So in short: How is attacking inside forwards doing defensively against attacking full backs in this version? I know that these are highly open contest in real life as well, but I would like to se inside forwards with high workrate track their fullbacks more should the initial high press fail.

Great to have you back !

Used your tactics religiously for the last few FM's, always love the 2x IF and Striker formation.

So far on this FM i have been using your tactics from 2016, got me into the prem with Forest and a FA Cup and Euro league win. Cant wait to try this tonight, keep up the good work you are awesome.
Wow, nice to hear from you. Thanks for the support. And also thank you for letting me know! KIU! ;)

Will try this and see for myself, but my immediate curiosity begs me to ask:

How do you find the tracking back-dynamics to be on attacking inside forwards to be in this version?

In FM16 I found attacking inside forwards was suicide due to the overpowered overlapping wing backs. No matter their stats they would simply abandon their defensive duties at some point and let the opposition full back run wild.

Inside forwards on support (always playing 4-1-2-2-1) ended up my go to-solution in FM16 with either the forward or the two CM's on attack duty. I would love, though to play with a support forward and attacking inside forwards (like most real life 4-3-3's) and the support inside forwards seem extremely ineffective in this version.

So in short: How is attacking inside forwards doing defensively against attacking full backs in this version? I know that these are highly open contest in real life as well, but I would like to se inside forwards with high workrate track their fullbacks more should the initial high press fail.
The attacking wingbacks are not a good option with this current ME. They too often walk forward, even in situations it is unacceptable. This will make you very weak at the back. That's why I chose for the fullbacks in attack, which make it to a better balance between attack and balance.

The inside forwards on attacking dutie making more runs from deep without the ball, instead of the supporting roles (ineffective, like you said). The supporting roles make it to a quit static football. I understand your curiosity, because in FM16 these two roles couldn't play together. I feel this ME the balance is a bit better between the attacking back and IF. But if you doubt, try it yourself. I am not playing that long with the IF's on attack, so I am curious as well.

Thanks for your message!

Sorry, will put (more) information up later today. Deep lying should be working also. Haven't tried an advanced or poacher. Try it! ;)

Hi Christian, how does the defensive tactic work? Do you always start with the normal one and change in-game?

Great opening post :)

I will be testing this tonight, has anyone else tested this yet?

Not having much luck with ANY tactics on this game, no consistency.

Maybe with some other roles in these positions?
d5888d2869faea68818720cedd593e99.png

Cannot wait to start new save with Fulham. Tactic with attacking FB`s, a DLP and 2 att midfielders should fit well that team.

I am a big fan of your tactics since FM2015 also. Cheers, CE!

Hi Christian, how does the defensive tactic work? Do you always start with the normal one and change in-game?
Depends on the opposition. If you are far underdog, pick defensive. Otherwise, pick standard. Don't be to shy to change to defensive, tactic works also! ;)

Great opening post :)

I will be testing this tonight, has anyone else tested this yet?

Not having much luck with ANY tactics on this game, no consistency.
Haha, thanks a lot. But it is far from finished. I will finish it tonight!

Maybe with some other roles in these positions?
d5888d2869faea68818720cedd593e99.png
Haven't tried. But that's because of the weaker team. I could pick two Advanced Playmakers on attack or something, but these weaker teams don't have players who might fit these roles. That's the reason, but try when you have a big club.

If it is as good as ¨let's overachieve¨ i will buy it, gonna test it right now, great to see tactics from you again CE :D.

Hi guys,
I've beem searching for a 443 with wingers for a long time,

The results you achieved with this one are pretty impressive,

Gonna try it on INTER,

I'll give you some feedback later :)

trying it with west ham 11 games into season 1 and sitting bottom of the table so cant do any worse than i am now

Will try it with Spurs tonight! Let's see if it works with a bigger club. Thanks CE!