Those results with Hull are insane - fantastic work.

Could you share some insights / examples of games in that season, how did you do against the big teams, what did you do in those games.

Great work again.

by any chance anyone wants to upload a screenshot of the team/player instructions? Can't download the tactic right now :(

Great opening post mate!
Thats how everyone would try to do when opening a thread! Well done! Organized and all information about it to the community!

Now, for the tactic, i always keep with my feet beyond when i see results like this in first season with teams like Hull with the default squad, with no major signings! I must be honest and i know i will be punched for saying this but it always remind me that chinese tactics with fake screens!
I am not saying that this screens are fake but man you must have been very lucky achieving that results with Hull!

I follow everything you say in OP! I started 2 times with Hull in 2 saves, and i will not post here any screen because i don´t want to SPAM your thread! This is just my opinion, to make it clear! In the first save in December my record was about 6/7 losses! Then i started another save with the team and the results where leading me to the same road of the first save!

Glad you achive those results mate!
Once again, great work on the opening post!

so far so good for me, creating some lovely goals, best one i tried so far for fm17, started out bottom in the prem after 11 games and now im 7th, only used the normal one too

It's working on my INTER's save.
9 league games, 7 wins and 2 draws, 1 place, so far so good.
The tactic seems pretty balanced and consistent.

The only thing that im not enjoying is that my Striker doesn't score :(
9 Games and Icardi has only 2 goals and one of them was a penalty....

Last edited:

LE TIGRE / CE

This tactic is a standard four defenders, three midfielders and three players at front tactic, with a defensive midfielder and two wingers. This tactic is originally produced to overachieve with weaker clubs. So, at the moment of writing, I don’t know what to expect when using this tactic with great clubs. Just try and find out or check the comments below. Below you can find all the information you need about the tactic. Have a read!

There are two versions of this Le Tigre tactic, the standard version (normal press) and the defensive version. Later I will tell you something about how to use them right. The tactic has several attacking duties, which will turn out in lots of runs from deep by many players. This is riskfull, but can turn out in some amazing combinations and beautiful attacking play. This might cost you a goal, but in tests the tactic showed many more goals for.

The league tables above shows you what this tactic can do. I selected the lowest predicted club in the English Premier League and I have my own fun career with Almere City in The Netherlands, also predicted to finish last in the Eredivisie after the promotion. And even if you won’t finish first, this tactic should make you overachieve with your weaker club. Below you can find the schedule of the Hull City season.

The team report shows some information about the tactic and my players. The other screen shows players statistics. My centre strikers scored 40 goals, whilst the defenders have the better average rating. I transfered some players on loan, but haven't used them. The results with Hull City are from first season without any big transfer. I haven't used an editor like FMRTE or something.

The pressing style is in the tactic 'standard'. I don't want my players to run over the pitch, out of position and leave their opposition players standing all free. That's why I made 'pressing triggers'. When the opposition wide players have the ball, I want my team to press more. The wide players have often a problem when someone's pressing them because of the lack of free players around them and because of the sideline. Ideal, isn't it? Pich the opposition instructions below to make sure you close down the opposition right.

When to use what version? That's an important question. We have two potential 'base tactics', the normal- and high pressing version. If you have a lot of players who can play with a great pressing style, like ball winning midfielders, go for version high pressing version. When you need to defense in-match or when you're the far underdog, go for the defensive version.

How to be more effective? Think logic! Try. Try. And sometimes there's an error. For example, when the opposition has a lot of central players, don't play too width. Try make it hard for the opposition to find the central players. In attack, you can try to focus on attacking down the flanks. Logic, isn't it? Further, when facing a two striker team, make sure your fastest CD is facing the fastest striker of the two players. Equal for the player who is good at headers.

Think also logic when it comes to player roles. When you don't have a good complete forward, try the deep lying forward on support. Or when you don't have good inside forwards, pick some wingers.

What training to use? Whatever you like! I pick just the balanced team training and tactical match training. Make sure you give your players a lot of rest when you're playing lots of matches in a few days and plan a lot of friendlys (look at my schedule) when you have national matches or days off.

Downloadlink
Defensive version - Click for download!
Normal press version - Click for download!
High press version - Click for download!

High press version not start downloaded....

can someone upload the high press version file .fmf

FM17

Welcome back @ChristianEriksen, you're the reason why FM can be so much more enjoyable. I enjoyed your tactics in FM14 or FM15 (i've forgot) which shows how long i've been away from FM... long enough that i've to create a new account here in fm-base as i've forgot my previous account lol.

Anyw, let me share my opinions on my ongoing save with your tactics in FM17 so far..

View attachment 118661

Pre-season training: Fitness (Very High), Match Tactics

View attachment 118662

During season training: Balanced (Average), Def. Positioning

*** Do note that during pre-season, ensure that the players are only focused on their pre-season training and don't put them in any individual training as it will increase their training workload and reduce the effectiveness of their pre-season training. High training workload also means higher chance of injury***

View attachment 118658

These are my results so far... and yes !! It's really a promising start on what could be the best tactic for FM17. I will explain each point as thoroughly as possible so that everybody in this forum can try and offer your opinion as well so as to even improve this tactics to the next level.

I plug in the 4-3-3 High Press and the normal version at the start of the game... but i've only tested the 4-3-3 normal version during pre-season and have not used it since as the 4-3-3 High press is producing better results. In the beginning, the performance is not really great but that is due to the fluidity of the tactic but nonetheless... i'm still able to win games after games.

At the start of August, i changed the general training and match preparation to the (During-Season training). At that point, tactics is only halfway fluid but i'm starting to see better performance and much more exciting build-up play.

View attachment 118660

1st game vs Leicester, i used the 4-3-3 High press. Leicester were defending very deep and it was difficult to break them down and eventually, the deadlock was broken through Herrera's brace.

View attachment 118659

2nd game vs Hull, i used the 4-3-3 High press. From the screenshot, you can see that i dominated the whole game with the amount of shots and possession i have. But once again, the fluidity of the tactics means that i'm unable to create much more promising chance and see out the game with a better scoreline.

View attachment 118663

3rd game vs Tottenham, i used the 4-3-3 High press. But this game i changed the mentality and team shape to Counter and Structured. As you see, i give up possession in exchange for a better defence. The 2 goals i conceded are set-pieces and a fast break from them.

View attachment 118664

4th game vs Everton, I used the 4-3-3 High press but this time with standard mentality and fluid team shape. As you see, the possession football is back with 60% ++ possession and just look at Everton stats. It just remind me of the game that Chelsea beat them 5-0 in the Premier League just a few days back.

**********************************************************************************************

In summary, this tactic does works for any team but do give it some time. Don't plug in for 1-3 games and when you loss, you complained that it's not working or blah blah blah... Analyze the weakness of your squad and look at how you're conceding those goals and try to change accordingly.

For example, the game vs Hull which i know i will be controlling and dominating the game. Thus, i change the mentality to control so i can have more authority on this match. Then, the 2nd match vs Tottenham where the quality between them and Hull is clear that i know they can hurt me if i continue with the control approach... so i tore up my usual approach and play a counter-attacking football game.

Most importantly, keep tinker around with the mentality and team shape or even the tactics by all means so as to keep the AI guessing what approach you're using before each game.

Last edited:
It's working no my INTER's save.
The tactic seems very balanced and consistent.

The only thing that im not enjoying is that my Striker doesnt score :(
9 Games and Icardi has only 2 goals and 1 is by penalty....

Some advice???
Tried another role? Could work! ;)

It's working no my INTER's save.
The tactic seems very balanced and consistent.

The only thing that im not enjoying is that my Striker doesnt score :(
9 Games and Icardi has only 2 goals and 1 is by penalty....

Some advice???

If you change the striker role you should change it to a role that makes the striker also involve other players like F9, DLF(S) or even trequeista.

Last edited:
My striker was like 6.6 6.7 6.5 every match, changed it to DLF role and boom started scoring like 2 goals per match, and helping his team mates at the same time a lot.

what do you mean dont play with to much width mate if the other team has loads of central players?

what do you mean dont play with to much width mate if the other team has loads of central players?

When playing with to much width the central players of your opponent will overrun your central midfielders because you give them to much space to exploit.

Last edited:
View attachment 118578

First match at home using high press won 4-0. Second match against Man City away, used defensive and wow. Didn't expect that. lol. Used in-game editor to make it fluid.

Been testing most of the tactics here and finally found one that is suitable for me. Finally i can start new save and play the game. Nice Tactic!

tbh ive tried every tactic none works so ill see with this everyone is raving about but doubt it will work im with blackburn in the prem btw used eusbio v3 in the champ and won play offs but in the prem just gets battered every game