Dporter8999
£2.9m
Wycombe

-£55k
Yeovil
DanJames101
£1m

What is a chairman game

A chairman game is a chance for players to take the role of a chairman at a club and control many aspects of the club, including transfers, managers, budgets and upgrading facilities. All changes are done through myself and once they have been confirmed by me, you are free to announce them in any way you wish on the thread.

The Main Rules

1. You need to have a copy of FM18. I will be using the official January update on FM18 for this game so you will need access to that as well so you can see what is happening and make your announcements accurate.

1. The key thing for chairman games is that everyone involved is active. I would much rather have a game of just 5 active people than 20 people who aren’t posting anything. Failure to post anything for a season will lead to you being removed from the game. I know we all have lives so if there is a reason that you aren’t able to post anything then just let me know and I will make sure to not remove you from the game.

2. Make sure you read all of the rules that I am going to post below. I have taken and adapted rules I have seen in other games so much sure you read them carefully as they may not be the same as you are used to.
General Rules

1. You can sack your manager at any point. You will have to pay off the rest of their contract to do so.

2. Unemployed managers are first come first served. Wages will be set by the editor.

3. Only realistic manager signings are allowed. There won’t be any Guardiola’s or Klopp’s moving down to League 2. The manager can be at most half a star better ranked than your club.

4. You can set your managers budget to be whatever you want, just remember that everything we do will be taken from the clubs overall balance, including the managers budget.

5. Your club facilities can be upgraded at any time for the following prices.

Level
Cost per Level
16 – 20
£2,500,000
11 – 15
£1,000,000
6 – 10
£500,000
1 – 5
£100,000

£1,000,000 per 1000 seating increase

Transfer Rules

There are 6 types of transfers.

C2C – Transfers between chairman
No. of transfers – Unlimited
Transfer Value – Decided between chairman
Wage Value – No Change

DOM – Transfers from other teams in England
No. of transfers – 3
Transfer Value – x1.5 value
Wage Value – x1.5 value

FGN – Transfers from teams outside of England
No. of transfers – 3
Transfer Value – x2 value
Wage Value – x2 value

U18 – Transfers of players 18 or younger
No. of transfers – 2
Transfer Value – x3 value
Wage Value – x3 value

FREE – Transfers for players not at any club
No. of transfers – 3
Offer whatever wage you wish. Highest wage wins.

LOAN – Transfers on loan from any other club
No. of transfers - 3
All players must be either loan listed or viewed as back-up or lower by their team.

For the first season, transfers will be based on a first come first served basis. After that, the order will be based on the performance of your team in the previous season.

Template

This is the template I would like all transfers sent to me in. It will make it a lot quicker for me to do all the changes and mean the game can run quickly.

Type
Player Name
Current Team
New Team
Transfer Fee
New Wage
FGN
Lionel Messi
Barcelona
Birmingham
£200m
£900k
(I can dream with this transfer)

This is the first time I have ran a chairman game so there may be differences to other games or things removed from them. This is so I can get used to the basics of a chairman game and things may change as things go on. If you have any advice on how to improve things then feel free to either post in the thread or to message me privately.

Last edited:
How are you allocating the teams?

If its picks, i'll take Swindon, or 2nd choice Barnet

How are you allocating the teams?

If its picks, i'll take Swindon, or 2nd choice Barnet

It is first come first served in terms of picking teams. So once anyone knows who they want, add a comment to get that team. I will add you to Swindon.

January update :'(

I'm not a fan of the different databases that people make. I wait until FM19 for this summers changes. It means that there are loads of changes for that game to keep me interested all year long.

If you are interested in taking charge of anyone else then let me know and I can add you to the game

Can i go for Lincoln City please.

This has now been added to the first post. Feel free to download the game file and start planning your first window with Lincoln.

Wait for a moment, I have downloaded it and not sure how to open it
Can you help me choose the right app/file.

Last edited:
If you look at the row above the last, it says -55k

Wait for a moment, I have downloaded it and not sure how to open it
Can you help me choose the right app/file.

You need to make sure the file is in the correct folder. If you are on a windows computer then you need to move the file to the following place.

Sport Interactive / Football Manager 2018 / games

I'm not sure of the exact place for other systems but I imagine it will be similar. You should see any of your own personal saves in the folder as well.

If you look at the row above the last, it says -55k

Wycombe start with a negative balance on the game. If you look at that teams finances on the save file then it should match with the values in the table. If you find any that don't then let me know what you have it as and I will check them again.

I dont seem to find Lincoln in the league two chairman game

Last edited:
I'd love to take Cambridge if possible mate

No problem. I have added you now. Feel free to download the file and start planning your first summer.

I dont seem to find Lincoln in the league two chairman game

I'm not too sure what the problem is here. If you have downloaded the file and been able to get onto it then it should look the same as any other game with Lincoln starting in League Two. Can you try and explain what you mean by you can't find Lincoln and hopefully I can figure out what is happening?

No problem. I have added you now. Feel free to download the file and start planning your first summer.

I'm not too sure what the problem is here. If you have downloaded the file and been able to get onto it then it should look the same as any other game with Lincoln starting in League Two. Can you try and explain what you mean by you can't find Lincoln and hopefully I can figure out what is happening?
I could only find teams that wasnt Lincoln City and you better make sure the manager is sacked.