Luton

TypePlayer NameCurrent TeamNew TeamTransfer FeeNew Wage
FREEDaniel OpareNoneLutonNone£500
FREEJose Angel EsmorisNoneLutonNone£500
FREEMichel VormNoneLutonNone£500
LOANTammy AbrahamChelseaLutonNoneNone
LOANJason DenayerMan CityLutonNoneNone
LOANXaver SchlagerAC MilanLutonNoneNone

I have literally no idea how this works. Are you all playing on the same file at the same time? How are you getting players like Joel Campbell in League One?

It's kinda irrelevant for now since I don't own FM18 but I figure it's worth understanding this in case I join a FM19 chairman save.

ffs was away this weekend and missed the window. Let's hope things aren't too bad by January

I have literally no idea how this works. Are you all playing on the same file at the same time? How are you getting players like Joel Campbell in League One?

It's kinda irrelevant for now since I don't own FM18 but I figure it's worth understanding this in case I join a FM19 chairman save.

yeah all playing on the same file. The reason for the elite players in lower leagues is due to them being a free agent. As this game uses the in game editor the highest bid for a free agent wins.

Oh my! That Tammy abraham loan signing would give me a nightmare.

Mid Season Update

August

View attachment 36679

It is very early on in the season but it is nice to see all 3 promoted teams sitting outside of the relegation zone.

View attachment 36678

A very good start to the season for the 5 chairman teams in League 2. The top 3 are all chairman teams with Luton in 6th and Swindon slightly lower down in 13th.

September

View attachment 36676

Coventry and Lincoln sit right in the middle of the table, although Lincoln do a have a game in hand. Port Vale look to be struggling at this level and have yet to get a win after 9 games. It could be a long season for them.

View attachment 36675

The chairman teams are definitely dominating League 2 this season. The 5 teams are all in the top 6 with Newport Co. stopping Swindon from being in that 5th place. I expect to see a few more chairman teams in League 1 next season at this rate.

October

View attachment 36674

Coventry have flew up the table and currently sit in 3rd place. Lincoln have slipped slightly but are still outside the relegation zone in 17th. Port Vale have registered their first win of the season in this month but they are stuck to the bottom of the table which is worrying.

View attachment 36673

Luton look to be running away with the League 2 title this season, with Tammy Abraham smashing in the goals for them. Colchester and Yeovil still make it 3 chairman teams in the automatic promotion places. Cambridge have dropped out of the play off places after a poor month.

November

View attachment 36672

Not much change this month with Coventry flying high, Lincoln sitting just outside the relegation zone and Port Vale stuck in a lot of bother.

View attachment 36671

Same again here as none of the chairman teams moved a single place this month.

December

View attachment 36669

Coventry are definitely in a battle at the top with just 2 points separating 1st and 6th. Lincoln pushed slightly up the table and are in 16th place. Port Vale need to have a great transfer window and an incredible second half of the season if they want to stay up.

View attachment 36668

If Luton don't win the league from this position then it will be one of the shocks of the century. A 15 point gap at the start of the January must be unheard of in League 2. Yeovil drop out of the automatic promotion places for the first time. Lets just hope that is a minor blip. Both Cambridge and Swindon are out of the play off places and face another season in League 2 if things don't change.

Save file and club Balances to come on the next post.

January 2019 Save File

Club Balances

bcfc1 - Coventry - (-£2.6mil)
MWPlayz - Lincoln - £1.4mil
KillerRoo - Port Vale - (-£1mil)
TheNotSoSpecialOne - Colchester - (-£1mil)
DPorter8999 - Swindon - £500k
MrWisdoman - Luton - (-£940k)
NathWalker - Cambridge - £3.2mil
DanJames101 - Yeovil - £70k

As I haven't posted this update until very late, I will keep this January window open until Thursday 8pm. I will still get the end of season update done on Friday.

Due to a late day at work and my beloved Birmingham currently on TV, the end of season update will be delayed until very late tonight or more likely tomorrow.
Sorry for the delay.

January Transfer Window

Lincoln

LOANJared ThompsonChelseaLincolnNoneNone

Yeovil

FREERunar HoveNoneYeovilNone£200
FREEAtdhe NuhiuNoneYeovilNone£200
FREEKazenga LuaLuaNoneYeovilNone£200
FREEGabriele RolandoNoneYeovilNone£200
LOANRoss BarkleyArsenalYeovilNoneNone
LOANMichy BatshuayiChelseaYeovilNoneNone
LOANCalum ChambersArsenalYeovilNoneNone

The lack of funds has cost a lot of us here in making January signings. I may consider changing the rules slightly so that we can make 2/3 free transfers in the summer and in January to try and combat this.

I am currently in the process of finishing the season off so I will get that post up soon along with everyones summer balances.

Yeovil should **** the 2nd half of the season with those signings!!

How did Yeovil sign 3 premier league players???
I wish i had to get ronaldo on loan until january

2018/19 Season Update Part 2

January

View attachment 36331

Coventry continue to look strong. Lincoln are right in the middle of a big relegation battle. It could go down to the very last set of games. The less said about Port Vale the better.

View attachment 36328

Luton continue to run away with the league with Yeovil and Colchester looking favourites to take the other 2 automatic places with them. Cambridge and Swindon are currently in the playoffs and will be hoping to catch one of those two.

February

View attachment 36327

Coventry have dropped out of the automatic promotion positions but are looking very good in the first season in this division. It is only a 4 point gap from 15th to 21st and Lincoln are right in that battle. Port Vale are still sitting at the bottom with only 2 wins to their name.

View attachment 36324

The top 3 all look to be joining League 1 together but there is still a lot of work to be down for Cambridge and Swindon as they both slip in the table slightly.

March

View attachment 36322

It had been coming for a while but March finally confirmed that Port Vale will be returning to League 2. They actually did very well in scoring goals but they have conceded 65 in 40 games which is far too many.

View attachment 36319

March is also a significant month in League 2 as Luton confirm that they will be getting automatic promotion and Colchester guarentee a play off place at least. It also sees Swindon drop out of the playoff places and Cambridge only just holding on in there.

April

View attachment 36318

With just one game in May, most things have been decided in April. Lincoln have guarenteed their safety this season and in the end have made it look pretty easy as they sit 10 points above 21st. Coventry have clearly enjoyed a lot of success and have already guarenteed they promotion to Championship football next season. The last game of the season will decide whether they do it by winning the title or not.

View attachment 36317

Luton are confirmed as champions here with a mammoth 109 points with 1 more game still to go. Both Colchester and Yeovil will be coming up with them as they take 2nd and 3rd respectively. Both Cambridge and Swindon are trying to get a playoff place with Cambridge looking likely to happen while Swindon need results going their way for them to get back in there.

May

View attachment 36316

Coventry are named champions of League 1. 87 points is not an incredible return of points for a 46 game season but it is enough to gain the title in this division and to be the first team to move into Championship football.

View attachment 36315

It all went wrong for Cambridge and Swindon as both of them missed out on the playoffs all together. I was certain that Cambridge would make it but a loss in their last game and other results means that they finished 7th and Swindon 8th.

Summary

In the end it has been successful seasons for quite a few of us as Coventry, Luton, Yeovil and Colchester all achieve promotions in their divisions. Lincoln retaining their place in League 1 is also a great success while Port Vale, Cambridge and Swindon all face a season in League 2 next year.

Winning League two without spending anything shows it is not always about money. League one here we come. :)

buzzing to have been promoted, though with the loan signings i made, i would have been disappointed if i hadn't! On the subject of loans, obviously they're pretty unrealistic to see barkley etc rock up at yeovil. how does everyone feel about a rule that 50% of a players wages must be paid by the loaning club? rules out these crazy loans.

League One here we come baby! And no money spent this season (simply because we didn't ****** have any)! I agree with the above that having to pay half a players loan wages would make the game more realistic....although saying that there is no reason anyone else couldn't of bagged some high profile loans for themselves....as long as the rules are the same for everyone I don't think it matters either way

I am currently uploading the save file and will get the file with club balances up in a moment. One thing I hadn't thought of and would be interested in what people think of is the priority of transfers. Port Vale finished last season bottom of League 1 and will now be in League 2 while Luton, Colchester and Yeovil all finished in the top 3 of League 2 last season and will now be in League 1.

When it comes to priority of transfers, how would you rank them. My personal opinion was to still give Port Vale priority over those 3 but I am not sure if that is the fairest decision.

buzzing to have been promoted, though with the loan signings i made, i would have been disappointed if i hadn't! On the subject of loans, obviously they're pretty unrealistic to see barkley etc rock up at yeovil. how does everyone feel about a rule that 50% of a players wages must be paid by the loaning club? rules out these crazy loans.

League One here we come baby! And no money spent this season (simply because we didn't ****** have any)! I agree with the above that having to pay half a players loan wages would make the game more realistic....although saying that there is no reason anyone else couldn't of bagged some high profile loans for themselves....as long as the rules are the same for everyone I don't think it matters either way

I agree with the second point made by TNSSO. We are all playing with the same rules so there is no reason why we all couldn't have loaned 3 premier league players. Unless the large majority of you want me to, I don't plan on changing the rule as it is open for all of us to take advantage of.

Summer 2019 File

Club Balances

bcfc1 - Coventry - £340k
MWPlayz - Lincoln -£1.2mil

Port Vale - KillerRoo - (-£200k)
Luton - MrWisdoMan -(-£300k)
Colchester - TheNotSoSpecialOne - (-£2k)

Yeovil - DanJames101 - £290k
Cambridge - NathWalker - £500k
Swindon - Dporter8999 - £800k

The window is open until Sunday 8pm. Make sure you get your transfers in before then.

Feel free to post your end of season reviews whenever you can. I am aiming to get mine up later tonight.

Finally, if anyone is interested in joining this game then I am happy to see the numbers go up to 10/11 people at least. Let me know if you are interested in joining.