Luton's Season

View attachment 36269
View attachment 36268View attachment 36267
Winning the League Two with 112 points and a total of 91 goals makes a fantastic season for Luton Football Club.
The Club on the pitch are doing very fine but the same can't be said off the pitch.
Having only 10,000 stadium and no money to upgrade or buy players the club will again have to really on Loans and the tactical genius of their coach.
As for this season the Chairman has made the objective very clear.

Season Objectives.
Avoid Relegation

View attachment 36250

Coventry end of season post and transfer update

An incredible season in League 1 means we are now heading into the Championship and face a massive challenge in surviving at this level. In order to do this we have moved quickly to confirm all of our transfer deals.

TypePlayer NameCurrent TeamNew TeamTransfer FeeNew Wage
FGNDomagoj JendrisLokomotivaCoventry£60k£1k
FGNMiguel MenesesUniversidad de ChileCoventry£120k£440
FGNAntonio LunaChivasCoventry£42k£600
U18Siphiwe NdlovuPlatinum StarsCoventry£44k£600
U18Jorge MoraDeportivo CaliCoventry£90k£70
LOANTimothy Fosu-MensahMan UtdCoventryNoneNone
LOANMichy BatshuayiChelseaCoventryNoneNone
LOANLoris KariusLiverpoolCoventryNoneNone

We have loaned 3 backup players that were no longer needed at their premier league clubs. Karius will obviously be playing in goal while Fosu-Mensah will provide quality depth in a lot of different positions. Batshuayi should be far too much for the defenders at this level to handle with his physical and technical ability.

Finally we have also decided to spend the little money we have on making an investment into the youth system. All 5 signings that cost us money are 18 or younger and look to have great potential. It is unlikely too many of them will break into the team this season but I hope to see them develop into great players for the team.

The target for last season was to survive and we ended up winning the title but I think that is going to very unlikely in a league that holds some great names.

Last edited:
SOrry lads but im gonna have to drop out of this one. Just got too much on my plate to play it consistently

View attachment 1179567

Coventry end of season post and transfer update

An incredible season in League 1 means we are now heading into the Championship and face a massive challenge in surviving at this level. In order to do this we have moved quickly to confirm all of our transfer deals.

FREEChris SmallingNoneCoventryNone£500
FREEMunirNoneCoventryNone£500
FREEDanny WelbeckNoneCoventryNone£500

We have taken advantage of the free market to bring in 3 top class players. Smalling will bring in some great experience at the back while Munir and Welbeck will hopefully provide plenty of goals up top in Robins' 4-4-2 tactic.

We have also loaned 3 backup players that were no longer needed at their premier league clubs. Karius will obviously be playing in goal while Fosu-Mensah will provide quality depth in a lot of different positions. Batshuayi will allow us to rotate up top and have 3 great strikers to fit into 2 positions.

Finally we have also decided to spend the little money we have on making an investment into the youth system. All 5 signings that cost us money are 18 or younger and look to have great potential. It is unlikely too many of them will break into the team this season but I hope to see them develop into great players for the team.

The target for last season was to survive and we ended up winning the title but I think that is going to very unlikely in a league that holds some great names.

understand you posting your transfers and loans due to the priority rule, but surely with the free transfer rule, you still may be outbidded for your free signings?

SOrry lads but im gonna have to drop out of this one. Just got too much on my plate to play it consistently

No worries. If you want to get involved again later then just let me know.

understand you posting your transfers and loans due to the priority rule, but surely with the free transfer rule, you still may be outbidded for your free signings?

I had not thought of that. I will be editing that post and changing the wages I offer those players. Thank you for the reminder and hopefully nobody else makes that mistake.

Is there teams available and if so could i join the game

You are more than welcome to join. The only rule to choosing a club is they must currently be in League 2 so if you want to download the most recent save file and then choose a team from League 2. The only teams in League 2 that are not available are Swindon and Cambridge although I haven't heard from those two chairman for a while so if you want one of those teams then we can discuss it.

View attachment 36086

Major Change at Exeter

Following a humbling season in League 1, Exeter have returned to League 2 with not only ambition for a swift promotion but also new chairman and manager. The chairman who as of now would like to remain anonymous for political reasons has stated that Tamas Bodog has been named manager of the club.

View attachment 36085

In a social media statement, the club has said Bodog has been set minimum expectations by the chairman and that although the chairman is anoymous to the public they have met in person in Bodog's hometown of Dunaujvaros, Hungary to discuss budgets, transfers and expectation.

Minimum Targets

League Two - Promotion
Carabao/FA Cup - As far as possible

We have made various transfer offers and hope to see our team improve before the end of the window

Summer Transfer Window

Coventry

FREEChris SmallingNoneCoventryNone£500
FREEMunirNoneCoventryNone£500
FREEDanny WelbeckNoneCoventryNone£500

Luton

FREEAndreas PereiraNoneLutonNone£750
FREEJohannes EggesteinNoneLutonNone£750
FREEJorge SeguraNoneLutonNone£750
LOANTammy AbrahamChelseaLutonNoneNone
LOANXaver SchlagerAC MilanLutonNoneNone
LOANHarry WinksTottenhamLutonNoneNone

Exeter

Change of manager from Paul Tisdale to Tamas Bodog

FGNMikey JohnstonCelticExeter£29k£1.4k
FGNHarry CochraneHeartsExeter£132k£3k
FREEJames MilnerNoneExeterNone£3k
FREEOtavioNoneExeterNone£2.5k
FREEPercy TauNoneExeterNone£2k
LOANRafael LeaoSportingExeterNoneNone
LOANPedro SilvaSportingExeterNoneNone

I am sadly dropping out aswell because i dont get much time.

Sorry guys I'm pulling out of this as I'm off on holiday for 10 days so won't get chance to play. If it's still going when I return I will hop3fully have an opportunity to rejoin!

Mid-Season Update

View attachment 35840

Extremely strong first half of the season for Coventry as they sit in the promotion places as we come to January. The partnership of Batshuayi and Munir seems to be working for them as Batshuayi is top goalscorer in the league and Munir has the highest average rating.

View attachment 35839

Luton have made a pretty strong start to their first season in League 1 and sit in 11th place. Yeovil are slightly lower but are still pretty comfortable from relegation as they are 17th and 8 points ahead of the relegation zone.

View attachment 35838

It was Luton last year and this year it is Exeter that are running away with the league. Only 1 loss from 25 games means they sit 9 points ahead of 2nd place and look almost certain to be playing League 1 football next year. Cambridge may look close to the automatic places in 4th place but there is a 10 point gap and they will do well to close that down in the 2nd half of the season. Swindon are still struggling to get out of this division and sit in 12th place.

Apologies

I need to apologise for the late update on this. Work has been hectic at the moment which has meant that I haven't been able to do all the transfers and simming as quickly as I would like. To make sure everyone has time to complete any transfers, I will be keeping the window open until Friday 8pm.

My next post will contain the save file and everyones balances.

January 2020 File

Coventry - (-£4.2mil)
Luton - (-£400k)

Yeovil - £170k
Cambridge - £2.7mil
Swindon - £800k

Exeter - (-£500k)

For clubs in debt unless we can get out of debt we can only do the expiring players right?