Leeds United - can we get back?

• Thread starter Thread starter Blynd1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 101
  • Views Views 6K
im not sure what you mean by these examples explain...

because Wolverhampton is a 1 club city, and so is Stoke,

whereas wigan and blackburn aren't cities...

Stoke isn't a 1 club city, Port Vale is in Stoke...

To Topic:

Personally I think Leeds should be disbanded and the ground given to Aldi's to build a supermarket on...

Sadly, that isn't going to happen and, hate to say it, but they do look like they have a good chance of getting to the Premiership if not this season then next... Grayson is a good manager and the squad has some decent players in it now.

But I still claim 'bragging rights' :D

I really do hope Leeds get back into the Premier League, they never really deserved to go down.

the toilet?

What a surprise a Huddersfield fan who spends his time criticizing Leeds. I'm not going to start slating your club because I really don't care about it. If you haven't got anything constructive to stay, then stay out of the thread.

I was going to reply constructively with my opinion but then realised it's pointless because the thread has gone down the toilet.

P.s. As a leeds fan, I urge other Leeds fans who have to listen to people spewing vitriol to just ignore it - stop getting embroiled in this "my team is bigger than your team" ****. It's cringeworthy.

Stoke isn't a 1 club city, Port Vale is in Stoke...

To Topic:

Personally I think Leeds should be disbanded and the ground given to Aldi's to build a supermarket on...

Sadly, that isn't going to happen and, hate to say it, but they do look like they have a good chance of getting to the Premiership if not this season then next... Grayson is a good manager and the squad has some decent players in it now.

But I still claim 'bragging rights' :D

the toilet?

What a surprise a Huddersfield fan who spends his time criticizing Leeds. I'm not going to start slating your club because I really don't care about it. If you haven't got anything constructive to stay, then stay out of the thread.

I was going to reply constructively with my opinion but then realised it's pointless because the thread has gone down the toilet.

P.s. As a leeds fan, I urge other Leeds fans who have to listen to people spewing vitriol to just ignore it - stop getting embroiled in this "my team is bigger than your team" ****. It's cringeworthy.

I've already made my 'constructive' comment, and sure, perhaps I should have used a :P on the toilet comment, it was meant in jest after all...

you are allowed to smile, you know? The majority of my friends are Leeds fans, so the ribbing is pretty much constant both ways... just because you yourself are unable to take a joke it doesn't mean other Leeds fans aren't..

lighten up will ya? :S

you are talking about leeds ... no prob ... but i want Eastleigh to come even n-power league 1

wii, league 1 is a nightmare for theams with a good past :P

for teams like Eastleigh, York etc etc it would be a dream

Leeds are looking good this season.

They won't get anywhere though. Neither will we so if you think I'm just being bitter cos you're above us in the table, think again.

I will be amazed if Leeds can hold a play-off spot. First season in the Championship for a while,and all that. But beside that, I don't think they'll be back in the big time for the foreseeable future.

I know this is off topic but I just thought I would mention that my brother was working as a security guard at the championship trophy as it was in Leeds today and managed to get me an autographed picture of both Leigh Bromby and Jonny Howson :D We may be called 'dirty leeds' but deep down they're good guys ;)

2-1 at Elland Road, first game of the season?

Better average attendance than you?

& mark my words, will finish above you at the end of the season.

Leicester city 2-0 sheep shaggers? whaat?lol. and we've beat leeds twice away already this season, lets make it a third on boxing day;). but no, i think leeds could go up, i think theyd get smashed if they went up this year but if they build a team well enough for 1/2 more seasons they could stay up:)

Leicester city 2-0 sheep shaggers? whaat?lol. and we've beat leeds twice away already this season, lets make it a third on boxing day;). but no, i think leeds could go up, i think theyd get smashed if they went up this year but if they build a team well enough for 1/2 more seasons they could stay up:)

You think sheep shaggers offends me? Lol.

Take a glance at the league table, who's still above you?

Fox *******.

Created this to see if i am the only believer that actually believes Leeds will be BIG once again... After the fall and the league 1 nightmare... we are 4th in championship wich i think it proofs we were NEVER a league 1 team and we have the quality to survive in the EPL. Am i the only one :P?

You were not too good for league 1. Too big for it yes, but not too good. Otherwise it would'nt have taken you 3 seasons to get back up, and even then you threw away a 15 point (I think) head start, scraping promotion on the final day.

As we have seen with other teams, it is not at all uncommon for teams from league 1 to gain promotion, and then hit the ground running the next year, it is not just Leeds. You obviously have the facilities to survive in the EPL, but so do a lot of teams. As we have seen, no one has a god given right to be in the top league.

Leeds probably will be back one day, but it may take years and years for them to be a major force once more. This season and next are big seasons for you IMO. If you go back down you are largely back to square one. However it doesn't look like you will, and if you can stay up, I don't think it will be long before Leeds are back in the top flight.

I dont think Leeds will be back this season, but I think that they will be back next year, as there team isnt stronng enough yet.
I think when they come back they will be like us(Newcastle) this year as I think that you, like us are a team which can be very inconsistent :P

Well possibly I'd like it if we went up but I want us to strengthen and get some more players we have a brilliant chance and if we do go up we have to beat derby's point tally

and I would like to thank CTpauley and jay Pricey for been honest even though they are mancs

We will be back when Ken Bates leaves and we get a chairman who will invest decent sums of money in the club (granted we can afford it). I think as a club we should be an enticing prospect for potential investors. The club is debt free, we have great facilities, a decent stadium, a strong squad with strength in depth and a young decent manager. Hopefully, Ken Bates will sell up sooner rather than later.

Back