I didn't go for Banks purely for age issues.

[COLOR=#00e0]---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------[/COLOR]

Thuram -------- Matthaus------ Maldini -------- Lizarazu​

I just did a *** wee.​

I made Mattheus a natural DMC & CB, so I'm not sure where your manager will choose to play him, I guess it depends upon who else you buy​

Also, 29 isn't that old for a 'keeper really, he should be reaching his prime​

This is true, although I've been in auctions before where i've bought players around the age of 30, and watched it all go down the pan after 3-4 seasons. So i told myself not to buy so many of them from now on. I know it's different for GK's, but i felt a token bid would be pointless as someone would bid big on him.

More fool me i guess. :(

Looks like I overpaid a bit for Beckenbauer, but he's a class player so all is good ;) And Carlos Roberto should help bolster the backline, to beat AussieOchoa by .2m is nice too ;)

Me and Iamauser seem to permenantly bid similar amounts on the same players. Pleased with Zoff and Zico, but my overbids in the first round have left me slightly short on cash.

Me and Iamauser seem to permenantly bid similar amounts on the same players. Pleased with Zoff and Zico, but my overbids in the first round have left me slightly short on cash.

The bidding seems to be getting lower and a few bargains are emerging now, you're just going to have to keep bidding sensibly to try and bulk up your squad on the cheap. There are plenty of rounds left so just bid patiently :)

Am I the only one that's as excited as the participants about this? :$

Tried to stop myself from reading this as I knew I would be gutted not to be involved. Still enjoying it massively and will download the db when out. Look forward to this finishing and following the story. One of the most interesting auction games.

Round 6

Goalkeepers

Peter Shilton | Leicester City

Nigel Spink | Aston Villa​

Defenders

Andreas Brehme | Kaiserslautern​

Marcel Desailly | AC Milan​

Colin Hendry | Blackburn Rovers​

Midfielders

Len Shackleton | Sunderland​

Vinnie Jones | Wimbledon​

Liam Brady | Arsenal​

Forwards

Mark Hughes | Manchester United​

Duncan Ferguson | Everton​

Last edited:
Teehee Nigel ***** XD

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

Bids made

Wish I had thought about this earlier but I could have made a team of Jock Legends...basterd!

This will likely be the last round of the week as I really need to start creating more players, just waiting on a couple of bidders now but there's really no rush

Round 6 Results

Peter Shilton | Leicester City
Winner - Jake & Iamauser £11.1m
Runner up - CalumE5 £10.1m

Nigel Spink | Aston Villa
Winner - Nixon £5.1m
Runner up - none

Andreas Brehme | Kaiserslautern
Winner - Nixon £10.1m
Runner up - CalumE5 £9.1m

Marcel Desailly | AC Milan
Winner - Kris £10m
Runner up - Iamauser £9m

Colin Hendry | Blackburn Rovers
Winner - Ben £8m
Runner up - Iamauser £7m

Len Shackleton | Sunderland
Winner - Nixon £8.1m
Runner up - AussieOchoa £5m

Vinnie Jones | Wimbledon
Winner - Jake £12.1m
Runner up - Ben £8m

Liam Brady | Arsenal
Winner - CalumE5 £9.1m
Runner up - none oO)

Mark Hughes | Manchester United
Winner - Jake £12.1m
Runner up - Iamauser £9m

Duncan Ferguson | Everton
Winner - Nixon £12.1m
Runner up - Kris & Sam £10m

Bargain of the round is Spink for £5.1m, a very reasonable price for a decent back up 'keeper. Also, Brady and Shackleton were real steals, while £10m for Desailly is decent business too.

No real overbid that round, but I'd probably say Jake's deal for Vinnie Jones was a little steep, though he is a very useful player.

* Can Jake & Iamauser re-bid for Shilton please *