How would my united team be set out with this tactic? Only signings I have made are Wellington Nem, Bale, Fellaini and Adryan.
Who would play what positon and is there any players you can suggest that would improve this tactic and my squad?
I enjoyed reading this thread and look forward to trying this tactic out so any help would be great:)

Fellaini would be perfect as a Central Midfielder (Defend).
Carrick/Scholes/Anderson as a Deep Lying Playmaker (Defend)
Anderson/Cleverley/Adryan as Central Midfielder (Attack)
Wellingon Nem/Bale/Nani/Young/Rooney/RVP in any if the 3 attacking roles really

small budget second season

first season i had a good budget and sold all of my squad

check out the sort of clauses i use, then see expenditure on transfers for last year (30M) and compare it to the "total" spent shown in the transfer history screen (225M), you can do the same for this year too. you'll see that i spent more or less what i obtained from sales in both years. the excess are clauses. obviously i will jhave to sell soe players before they reach their clauses or win a few titles and rake in some cash, otherwise i might send wolves into bankrupcy.

Holy ****, spent £225m :l I get what you mean though, doesn't it feel like cheating though? How do you even know who to pick to play with that many players? lol

Holy ****, spent £225m :l I get what you mean though, doesn't it feel like cheating though? How do you even know who to pick to play with that many players? lol

no, doesnt feel like it at at, because there are downsides. team cohesion etc; and obviously financially, where eventually you have to sell some of these players or win tittles, otherwise it can go very wrong.

in regards to the size of my squad, i have 27 players, two are loaned in, and i always prefere to play my own players so they will only play if they really have to. four of them are 20 years olds, six of them are 19 year olds, three are 18 year olds and i have one 17 and one 15 year old. so most of these players get some minutes in the reserves or under 18's and will rotate in the squad, apart from one or two who are first team players. so i really like the balance of it, because it has great depth and good talent and youth who is developed over time.

first game of the season:

View attachment 309598

great result, although we conceeded a few shots at the end because i was unsure abouth the shouts to use.

how would you play, in terms of shouts, against a flat 442?

first game of the season:

View attachment 309598

great result, although we conceeded a few shots at the end because i was unsure abouth the shouts to use.

how would you play, in terms of shouts, against a flat 442?

I tend not to use the shouts if things are going well and we're not getting overrun. My favourite shouts are play narrower and use the overlap, but I sometimes use hassle opponents and get stuck in if we need to get hold of the game. Also retain possession and pass to feet when struggling for possession. As long as the opposition is forced into lots of long shots, it shows that the defenive side of the tactic is working.

Against a 4-4-2, hassle opponents and get stuck in will help to dominate the midfield, and playing narrower should force them to use the wide areas and cross - something which aerially strong defenders should deal with comfortably.

I tend not to use the shouts if things are going well and we're not getting overrun. My favourite shouts are play narrower and use the overlap, but I sometimes use hassle opponents and get stuck in if we need to get hold of the game. Also retain possession and pass to feet when struggling for possession. As long as the opposition is forced into lots of long shots, it shows that the defenive side of the tactic is working.

Against a 4-4-2, hassle opponents and get stuck in will help to dominate the midfield, and playing narrower should force them to use the wide areas and cross - something which aerially strong defenders should deal with comfortably.

thanks mate!

will keep you updated on my results

Just got a great friendly result against Germany, although they predictably dominated the possession. Frustrating to concede the equaliser from a corner though.

View attachment 309633

still a great result!

what shouts would you use to play counter-attack?

im going with: pass into space, run at defence, get ball forward, exploit the flanks

dont know if i should drop deeper and stand off opponewnts too, might be asking for trouble

still a great result!

what shouts would you use to play counter-attack?

im going with: pass into space, run at defence, get ball forward, exploit the flanks

dont know if i should drop deeper and stand off opponewnts too, might be asking for trouble

Could do but could be dangerous as you may be under pressure for extended periods. I used exploit flanks against the Germans as my wide players could isolate their full backs 1 vs 1. Try clearing to the flanks and running at defence

I'll give it a run through with my Swansea save I'[ll keep you updated.

View attachment 309702

So decided to use this on my southampton save, had only played a few games lost one drew one and los to millwall in capital one sup 2nd rnd so as you can see I was doing fantastic! lol
Played 2 league games so far using this tactic and very pleased indeed. Beat everton 1-0 at home and beat Man city 3-1 at home :O

View attachment 309702

good results!

So decided to use this on my southampton save, had only played a few games lost one drew one and los to millwall in capital one sup 2nd rnd so as you can see I was doing fantastic! lol
Played 2 league games so far using this tactic and very pleased indeed. Beat everton 1-0 at home and beat Man city 3-1 at home :O

did you use shouts?

Last edited:
Do you use OI?

Generally no, although I occasionally tightly mark very good strikers, and close them down regularly. Also, sending inside forwards down the line is a good way to nullify their threat as my centre backs are good at defending crosses

played my first few matches in the premiership and had mixed results, although overall we performed well, so im happy with the outcome.

we've had quite a few injuries of key players and seem to be conceeding quite a few penalties though.

View attachment 309748View attachment 309739View attachment 309740View attachment 309741View attachment 309742View attachment 309743View attachment 309744View attachment 309745View attachment 309746View attachment 309747

i was very unhappy with the performance against arsenal, simply poor, although didnt really expect a result there. dissappointed with the late equaliser conceeded against stoke, conceeded form a penalty and a free-kick there. dissappointed with the result against bolton, definately didnt deserve to lose, especially by a 3 goal margin.

i was very happy with the great display against united. we were extremely unlucky! conceeded from a long range shot from kagawa when they couldnt get anywhere near our goal. we pushed on but conceeded from a defensive mistake from my CB, giving the ball away to rooney. GK mistake for the 3rd. but we will definately be winning more than we lose with performances like that!

so overall im happy, considering i was just prmoted and have a very very young squad.

im not getting along with the shouts though. the team looks to play better without them. maybe im not using them as i should.

now im ****** off!!
View attachment 309754

missed a penalty and conceeded from a corner :(

Unlucky but you seem to be doing quite well. How good is your familiarity with the tactic? Is the fluidity full yet? The shouts are the most difficult part of the game now imo. It's important not to alter the tactic too much as it can completely alter the balance of the tactic.

I just played England who started with a 4-4-2. I told the players to mark Rooney tightly and close him down, yet he still found space to score a long range effort. I instructed my players to play narrower and clear to the flanks, after we'd scored in the first few minutes. We added another straight away and defended well, restricted them to no real chances at all.

View attachment 309762

They pushed Gerrard into an AMC position, so I instructed my Central Midfielder (Defend) to man mark hi, and he didn't impact the game at all.​

Last edited:
Unlucky but you seem to be doing quite well. How good is your familiarity with the tactic? Is the fluidity full yet? The shouts are the most difficult part of the game now imo. It's important not to alter the tactic too much as it can completely alter the balance of the tactic.

I just played England who started with a 4-4-2. I told the players to mark Rooney tightly and close him down, yet he still found space to score a long range effort. I instructed my players to play narrower and clear to the flanks, after we'd scored in the first few minutes. We added another straight away and defended well, restricted them to no real chances at all.

nice result!

its completely fluid

im baffled with this right now, dont even want to finish this game, sickening....