Lewie100 vs AW190 - The Milan rivalry

View attachment 241309
November - Steady Progress
We had a good run of form in October, will it keep going?

Fixtures
View attachment 241308
2 months unbeaten, up to 6th in the league, 5 points off top. EL group won, blah blah

As for Lewie....
Just playing until he's sacked now (5th most insecure manager in the whole database and plays Fiorentina, Roma and us in the next 6 weeks :D )

Also, I (hopefully) will have a big idea up soon - hope everyone will like it (and it kicks off...)​

^ I'm doing what the board want, in 5th/6th and no sign of a contract for me :/

They know Lewie has just had a rough start, they're backing him cause they know he's going to start owning it ;)

View attachment 241110
December + some of January
Unbeaten for 2 months, will we keep it going?

Fixtures:
View attachment 241109
Yep, still unbeaten - that's 3 and a half months now :D
Nice to start smashing some teams now as well :p
In EL we have APOEL :) and then it's Malmo or Panathanaikos - so it's looking like a QF appearance for us

Oh, and the next game is the small matter of
View attachment 241105
Our 7-0 win in the cup was just a practice for this game :p

Maldini, you have been warned!

The big game

Well, here it is:
View attachment 241101

I wanted a win, but given the circumstances I am happy with the draw.

The first 30 minutes were fairly even but AC took their chances.

The 2nd goal was a howler from Handanovic's point of view, straight at his near post and he let it in...

I was pleased that Shaqiri got the goal (and a good one it was too) before HT, otherwise I fear we would have lost this. The majority of the team weren't playing to their high standards from the rest of the season so I made 2 changes at HT.

The 2nd half passed without much incident - literally, there were about 3 highlights :/

Possession wise we were on top, but AC didn't crack until the 87th minute when Belhanda pounced in the box. A goal on his debut in the Milan derby :D

A minute later and another penalty area scramble before Diego Lopez denied us on the line - great stop. From the resulting corner, Shaqiri seriously ****** up the short corner routine.

A couple of minutes later, that was that. An entertaining first Derby della Madonnia - I'm pleased we didn't lose it... and Maldini needs 7 points from his next 3 games to keep his job.

Side note - 15 league games unbeaten :D

View attachment 241083

November - Mid January: The Sack Looms...

By the point of the last update, we were literally the most inconsistent team in the league. Some games we were heroic (Juventus), some games we were shambolic (Cesena). New Year came, and the games before looked like this:

View attachment 241080

I was then called to a meeting by the board. They wanted to know why we were playing so poor, and that they didn't want me in charge. I managed to get them to agree that I had to get 11 points in the next 5 games. (Torino, Inter, Sassuolo, Cesena, Parma). In the middle of January, the last fixtures looked like this:

View attachment 241079

7 points in 3 games and a Italian Cup win. The team have really picked up form now! I only need 4 points from 2 games to survive now.

We are positioned in 10th now, 5 points off Inter in 7th.

Can we catch them? Will I even last the end of the season?

To all,

I am looking for someone to take over from AW190, as he is unfortunately going on holiday for a few weeks, and will only have WiFi for next weekend. Inter are currently 7th in the table, just 2 points from 5th Palermo, but 8 points from 4th Fiorentina. They are also in the Italian Cup Semi Finals, where they will face Napoli. You need to be active and regular, and willing to have a bit of banter in the Steam background. My Steam username if you want to add me is: lewie100 - FM Base

Thanks,
Lewie100

A bit of banter? The biggest understatement since saying Glen Johnson was good! :p

Bumping this, really hoping somebody is interested at least!

Come on guys! Someone? Anyone? Just to keep it going for a bit? Please? (I know it sounds like begging but...)

View attachment 240895
Maldini has been sacked :/ and apparently I'm joint favourite to go next....

What is honestly making me want to stay here?
I have an idiotic chairman who doesn't know how to run this great club, mounting debt levels, poor performances from some of the players, pre-arranged transfers that I don't want to happen.

And if i'm brutally honest, I don't feel like I belong here. I'll give it until the Roma game - if we don't win it then I resign.

P.S. We found a replacement for me :D