Interesting DM he signed! Loving the layout, Look forward to seeing how the season progresses!

Cheers mate, just hope Notts dont find themselves in another relegation battle!

Hopefully now you have a full season with them you can push on and the team gels well and you can get some good results!

August 2015

View attachment 295734

Notts Co. 3 - Colchester 1

Went a goal down early before fighting back & going on to dominate. A nice way to start.

Goals - D.Wright (15), Barkhuizen (34), Chihi (48), Markkenan (57)

P.O.M. - Adil Chihi (Notts)

View attachment 295733

View attachment 295732

Huddersfield 3 - Notts Co. 3

Certainly showed we were no pushovers here, taking the Terriers all the way to penalties. We lost but still a good display.

Goals - Bunn (3), Markkenan (44), Wilson (45,47), Barkhuizen (56), Murray (90)

P.O.M. - Harry Bunn (Hud)

View attachment 295733

View attachment 295727

Barnsley 2 - Notts Co. 1

A bit unlucky here, was leading 1-0 in the 70th when Taylor picked up his second yellow. Just couldn't hold them out.

Goals - Hayhurst (14), McHale (74), Lalkovic (77)

P.O.M. - Will Hayhurst (Notts)

View attachment 295733

View attachment 295728

Notts Co. 2 - Scunthorpe 1

2 goals within a minute to start the match, we then took the lead after 20 & the rest was fairly uneventful.

Goals - Tempest (7), Taylor (7), Hayhurst (20)

P.O.M. - Greg Tempest (Notts)

View attachment 295733

View attachment 295726

Bradford 1 - Notts Co. 2

Looked to be cruising with a 2 goal lead going to the half until Hanson pulled one back in added time to make the 2nd half nervy

Goals - Hollis (5), Chihi (39), Hanson (45)

P.O.M. - James Hanson (Brad)

View attachment 295733

View attachment 295723

Notts Co. 1 - Crewe 1

A very hard fought match with plenty of cards. In the end a draw was probably fair but we had our chances to win it.

Goals - Chihi (33), Noel (36)

View attachment 295733

View attachment 295593

Player of the Month

View attachment 295719

View attachment 295733

View attachment 295718
Manuels Musings

A very nice start to the season. Disappointing to go out of the Capital 1 Cup on penalties but such is life.

In the league 3 wins, 1 loss & 1 draw has us flying high in the final playoff spot. Obviously still a long way to go but, for the most part, I have been impressed by what I've seen.

Chihi already looks to be a fantastic signing. His ability to beat his man creating constant chances, not just for himself, but for others as well.

Last edited:
agree with James, the layout is very nice. How do you do get your matchups to look like that? Am thinking about starting my own story and kinda wanna copy it but cant get it to look anything like yours!

agree with James, the layout is very nice. How do you do get your matchups to look like that? Am thinking about starting my own story and kinda wanna copy it but cant get it to look anything like yours!

Well, thank you both very much. I've put a bit of work into improving that aspect for this story so its nice to know it hasn't gone unnoticed, although i'm surprised to see people commenting on it as i'm still not altogether happy with it.

Before i answer, i must give a massive thanks to the Legendary Brendn for, at least trying, to teach an old dog new tricks!

Anyway, i assume when you say my "match-ups" you are talking about the club & competitiin logo thingy?

If yes, then its all done with photoshop. Basically just made up a home & away template for the comps i'm in & add the opposition logo in as i go. Also make sure to save them so you are not repeating yourself.

If you would like a more complete description of how i do it just PM me, this is getting a little long winded but am only too happy to help!

View attachment 295588

Manuel's Mobile

"Hello, Juan Carlos how are you my friend?"

"Good Manuel, very good. I have some fantastic news for you"

"Well, don't keep me in suspense JC, what is it?"

"I have secured another signing, a Spanish winger!"

"You what!? You do know what a wage budget is don't you?"

"Oh Manuel, you & you're budgets"

" Its not me old mate, Its the board! They will not take kindly to over spending, are you trying to get me fired?"

"Dude, what happened to you? You used to be cool" Juan Carlos laughs before hanging up.

View attachment 295582

Jarein Dominguez

View attachment 295583

Ok, so he looks to be decent but.....

View attachment 295580

View attachment 295582

Just on a side note, this is my favourite piece of photo shopping so far. It is so poorly done it can only be hilarious & I love the idea that Manuel would be lugging that thing around!!!

September 2015

View attachment 294621

Tranmere 3 - Notts Co. 3

A ding dong battle against the newly promoted Tranmere. Was looking for 3 points but happy to walk away with 1 after being 3 down at the half hour mark.

Goals - Williamson (11) , Power (19), Massey (30), Barkhuizen (42,88), Spencer (74)

P.O.M. - Greg Tempest (Notts)

View attachment 294620

View attachment 294619

Notts Co. 3 - Morecombe 1

As expected An easy 3 points at home. Unfortunately Markkenan picks up an injury & will miss the next 3 months :'(

Goals - Spencer (26), Chihi (28), Hugill (29), Noble (78)

View attachment 294620

View attachment 294616

Wallsall 1 - Notts Co. 1

Were second best for the majority of this game so picking up a point was quite pleasing.

Goals - Preston (16), Hayhurst (34)

P.O.M. - Will Hayhurst (Notts)

View attachment 294620

View attachment 294610

Notts Co. 2 - Portsmouth 3

An even game that just didn't go our way. Threw everything at them in the closing stages but got caught on the break in added time.

Goals - Westcarr (7), Barkhuizen (42), Chihi (48), Hollands (56), Ambrose (90+)

P.O.M. - Tom Barkhuizen (Notts)

View attachment 294620

View attachment 294608

Rochdale 1 - Notts Co. 1

Yet another draw against opposition we should be beating. An even game so 1 point is fair but we can definitely do better.

Goals - Barkhuizen (33), Varney (56)

P.O.M. - Hayden Mullins (Notts)

View attachment 294620

View attachment 294594

View attachment 294620

Player of the Month - Tom Barkhuizen

View attachment 294591

View attachment 294620

View attachment 294592 Manuel's Musing's

A bit of a disappointing month really. For the most part our opposition was weak yet we walk away with 1 win, 1 loss, 3 draws & very few impressive performances.

On the plus side, we have actually moved up the table into 4th position. It seems the league is extremely competitive this year so every point we can muster is going to count. A draw may not be such a bad thing after all.

On the field both Chihi & Barkhuizen have really impressed while Jimmy Spencer has done ok stepping into the injured Markkenan's shoes.

View attachment 294536

Manuel's Mobile

"Hello?"

"Yes hello Manuel, its Ray" (Trew, Club Chairman)

"Ah yes Ray, how can I help?"

"The board have asked me to contact you. It seems you are being linked with the vacant Sunderland job?"

"Umm..... yes, I was asked to attend an interview Ray."

"And?"

"Well I think it went quite well."

"Of course it did, they would be lucky to have you!
The board however are keen to keep you here & would like to know if there is anything we can do to hang onto you?"

"Well mate, its a fantastic opportunity to further my career. Sunderland are a big club!"

"That's true Manuel but there must be something?"

"Well, the club is doing quite well at the moment, in the playoff spots. An increase to the wage budget would allow me to strengthen the squad & really give promotion a push."

"Consider it done my friend."

View attachment 294534

"So, can we count on you being around a bit longer?"

"..............." Click

View attachment 294395

Notts County have today confirmed the capture of towering 29 year old centre back Nikola Vujadinovic. The 190cm Montenegrin boasts an impressive resume having enjoyed stints at Udinese, in Serie A, Sturm Graz, in the Austrian Premier Division, Aberdeen, in the Scottish Premiership &, most recently, Osasuna, in the Spanish Adelante.

Last edited:

View attachment 788952

Sunderland Hire Powell

View attachment 293854

Sunderland have chosen Huddersfield boss Chris Powell as the man to guide them back to the Premier League. The club currently sit in 10th position in the Championship, 4 points from the playoffs & 6 points from league leaders Huddersfield.

Huddersfield will now be looking for a new manager.

So could Manuel be on the move?

Ohh could be a twist on the horizon!

Not just yet guys :(

If you have actually been offered a Sunderland job, take it!

Would have if I could have mate....

What do you reckon guys, should I chase the Huddersfield job or keep going with Notts?

They are top of the Championship but very much over achieving! While I'm half a chance of getting Notts promoted this year, though its a long shot i'll admit.

Keep up with Notts, See how this season develops, Already looks like an improvement is on the cards from last season and if you sneak promotion they may even give you a decent WB/TB to play with!

View attachment 790871

Q.P.R. Fire Holloway

View attachment 293073

Queens Park Rangers have parted ways with popular manager Ian Holloway today. The London club sit in a disappointing 19th place on the Championship ladder after having pre season hopes of promotion to the Premier League.

Former Cardiff & Bournemouth manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has been installed as favourite to fill the position.