January 2016

View attachment 290788

Q.P.R. 2 - Oxford 0

Expected to win this but credit to Oxford, they didn't make it easy. A stellar performance from Abou Diaby getting us home.

Goals - Murphy (28), Diaby (42)

P.O.M. - Abou Diaby (QPR)

View attachment 290787

View attachment 290786

Q.P.R. 4 - Nottingham Forest 1

After going to the break at 1 all we blew third placed forest to pieces in the second half. A Reyes hat trick overshadowing Cheryshev's impressive debut.

Goals - Reyes (9, 62, 63), Cheryshev (72)

P.O.M. - Jose Antonio Reyes (QPR)

View attachment 290787

View attachment 290785

Blackburn 1 - Q.P.R. 2

Another tough match against 2nd placed Blackburn, another superb performance. Ifran gets his first goal for the club whilst Cheryshev gets number 2.

Goals - Bedoya (34), Ifran (45), Cheryshev (72)

P.O.M. - Ryan Mason (B'Burn)

View attachment 290787

View attachment 290784

Q.P.R. 4 - Blackpool 1

Blackpool are languishing in the relegation zone & on this performance its not hard to see why! 3 in 3 now for the Russian.

Goals - Berntsen (12), Diaby (34), Maghoma (64), Cheryshev (68), Murphy (84)

P.O.M. - Denis Cheryshev (QPR)

View attachment 290787

View attachment 290783

Q.P.R 1 - Hull 0

Probably the best performance of the month to knock off the tigers. Our attack has been starring but this time it was the defence who stepped up.

Goals - Murphy (22)

P.O.M. - Vegrad Forren (QPR)

View attachment 290787

View attachment 290782

Millwall 0 - Q.P.R. 2

Bendtner gets a goal on his debut while Cheryshev scores his 4th in 5 matches to condemn Millwall to defeat in what was actually a very close game.

Goals - Bendtner (35), Cheryshev (51)

P.O.M. - Shuan Williams (Millwall)

View attachment 290787

View attachment 290781

View attachment 290787

Player of the Month

View attachment 290780

Easy decision to make here! The little Russian has been SUPREME since joining. 5 appearances for 4 goals, 4 assists & an average rating of 8.6. Cant wait until he settles in!!!

Last edited:

View attachment 290661 Manuel's Musings

January proved to be the perfect month. The side have really started to click & put together some impressive performances.

In the league we take the maximum 12 points from our 4 games which has rocketed us into 3rd position & the playoff spots while we also progressed to the 5th round of the FA Cup where we have drawn a very winnable game against Bolton.

Our success in January has not gone unnoticed either with the club getting a clean sweep of the monthly awards.

View attachment 290633

View attachment 290641

View attachment 290640

View attachment 290639

View attachment 290633

Off the pitch I have been pleased with what we were able to do in the market. In addition to the more high profile dealings we also managed to make a few less glamorous moves.

Out

View attachment 290651

The departure of young striker Carlos Strandberg was a bit of a disappointment. He had impressed at times & at 19 still had plenty of improving to do. Once Milan declared an interest though he wanted to leave & I wasn't going to stop him. Not too sure about the price tag. 2M was a bit below my valuation but not too bad for a 19 year old who was going to be my 3rd or 4th choice striker.

Rio Ferdinand to Ghangzhou was a bit of a no brainer, despite my staff still rating him as our best defender. At 36 I was never going to extend his contract (which was up at years end) & he has been seriously out performed on the field by Forren & Onuoha so I will take what little I can get & run like ****.

View attachment 290633

Tactics & First 11

After a bust window I thought it might be good to give everyone an idea of what I now have to work with.

View attachment 290625

At the moment this is my preferred formation with my best 11 selected. Young Norwegian Daniel Berntsen is pushing Jose Antonio Reyes all the way for that Inside forward position on the right despite not being fully comfortable with the role yet. Here is Daniel's profile.

View attachment 290622

Daniel is a guy I have high hopes for in that Inside forward role. If he can improve his finishing even a little he will be next to unstoppable with his flair, skill on the ball & vision.

Whilst young centre back Jordan Willis is also pushing for a starting spot, though the form of current pairing Vegrad Forren & Nedum Onuoha is making it hard for him to establish himself. Here is Jordan's profile.

View attachment 290619

& here is the rest of the squad with my first choice subs selected.

View attachment 290617

View attachment 290633

From here on I think I will be doing updates for every game. The current format looks nice but just takes me too long to do all the photo shopping & by the end of it all I can't be bothered going into any great detail about the matches which, I feel, is hurting the overall story.

Hopefully I can still keep things looking nice while allowing myself the time to go into greater detail for each match as well as updating things such as finances & other things that, at the moment, I just can't be bothered with. Also it should allow updates to be more regular.

So, what does everyone think about that?

Last edited:
Manuel Pablo Goes Back to School

View attachment 290583

Queens Park Rangers boss, Manuel Pablo, will return to school in an attempt to gain his National C coaching license. It is understood the club will foot the bill for the course in the hope that the manager will gain valuable knowledge & skills which will help the clubs players develop as footballers.

View attachment 290549

Saturday 6/2/2016, DW Stadium, Attendance - 15,379

Wigan 3 - Q.P.R. 5

Goals - McKay (6, 48), Reyes (24), Cheryshev (46), Diaby (50), McLean (54 pen), Bendtner (77, 80)

P.O.M. - Nicklas Bendtner (QPR)

View attachment 290547

View attachment 290548

View attachment 290547

"The rain was so heavy for this match I could barely see the players!

Wigan adapted to the conditions quickest & before we knew it Billy McKay had shot them into the lead. The first 20 minutes was all Wigan in truth & to be honest we were probably lucky to only concede the once.

In the 24th minute, during one of our few attacking raids to that point, Nicklas Bendtner played in Antonio Reyes with a superb back heel & the Spanish veteran made no mistake, keeping his cool & slotting it home past the keeper to restore parody.

The rest of the half was quite dour. The shocking conditions meant both sides had resorted to long balls which, for the most part, the defences were handling easily.

I told the boys at the half the game was still there for the taking, assuring my defence that they had been unlucky while giving my midfield a spray for their poor ball retention. It seemed to work.

The second half began in a flurry. From the kick off we worked the ball into the feet of Bendtner who once again played a delightful ball in behind for Cheryshev who continued his fine form by rounding the keeper & tapping home into an unguarded net. 2-1 in just the 46th minute.

Our lead didn't last long though as our defence fell asleep & Billy McKay latched onto a long ball over the top to add his second of the game & level the score at 2 all in the 48th.

Just 2 minutes later the Wigan defence backed off Abou Diaby allowing him to take a couple of touches before blasting a long range bomb into the top corner to restore our lead. The keeper never stood a chance!

Once again though our lead was short lived as Vegrad Forren conceded a soft penalty for a challenge in the air from a harmless free kick. James McLean stepped up & made no mistake. 3 all.This was tuning into a goal fest!

On 77 minutes the great Dane, Nicklas Bendtner (who had 3 assists to this point), decided he'd seen enough & was going to win us the game himself. Firstly he received the ball on the edge of the area, turned his man, shuffled past another before finding the far corner with a perfectly placed shot across the carpet to hand us back the lead, 4-3. Then, just 3 minutes later, he played a sensational little 1,2 with Jose Antonio Reyes before beating the keeper 1 on 1 to put the game beyond doubt.

Bendtner was unbelievable in this match. 3 assists, 2 goals & a rating of 9.4.

In a match that was pretty well an even contest it takes a touch of class to secure all 3 points & "Lord Bendtner" definitely delivered today!"

View attachment 290547

View attachment 290546

View attachment 290547

View attachment 290545

Last edited:

View attachment 290523

97 days in charge & already breaking records! Huddersfield up next, lets hope we can make it 10 & really push for that automatic promotion spot.

View attachment 290520

Samba's form has forced my hand here. He is never going to get you a lot of goals or be the flashy star of the team but he's the kind of player every team needs. A hard nosed ball winner who never takes a backward step.

Happy to have him resign & even happier that I was able to negotiate a pay cut!

View attachment 290519

9/2/2016 Loftus Road, Attendance - 13,322

Q.P.R. 0 - Huddersfield 2

Goals - Bunn (46), Wells (49 pen)

P.O.M. - Jonathan Hogg (Hudd)

View attachment 290518

View attachment 290515

View attachment 290518

"The first half was all one way traffic. I think at the break we had 58% possession & 14 shots to nil. Apart from knocks to Ifran (4th minute) & Diaby (28th minute?) we were looking good. No real CCC's but plenty of half chances & we even hit the bar a couple of times.

I had a bit of a bad feeling at the break but I told the guys if they kept working hard the result would come. Unfortunately the guys apparently only heard the "result will come bit" & forgot to show up for the beginning of the second.

Huddersfield scored with their first 2 shots on goal! In the first minute of the second half Harry Bunn caught our central pair napping, beat them to a seemingly harmless cross & buried the header from close range.

3 minutes later Vegrad Forren gave away his second penalty in 2 matches & Nahki Wells stepped up to sink our chances of winning 10 straight.

We probably had enough chances to get back into the match but, to be honest, we were always off the pace & never looked capable.

A very disappointing end to our winning streak & trust me, the guys are aware of my feelings on the matter."

View attachment 290518

View attachment 290513

View attachment 290518

View attachment 290512

View attachment 290416

13/2/2016 Loftus Road, Attendance - 18,629

Q.P.R. 3 - Bolton 0

Goals - Berntsen (27), Reyes (78), Murphy (87)

P.O.M. - Daniel Berntsen (QPR)

View attachment 290413

View attachment 290414

View attachment 290413

"Don't be fooled by the score line here. We dominated play but all 3 goals were either lucky or the result of Bolton errors. In truth we struggled to break them down & resorted to taking pot shots from distance all too often.

In the 27th minute a ball winning tackle on Diego Ifran took a lucky break into the path of the advancing Daniel Berntsen to slot home for our first. A lucky break but the young Norwegian did well to keep his cool & beat the keeper.

What followed was an incredibly frustrating 50 minutes where we controlled field position & possession yet, for the most part, looked completely harmless.

I was beginning to think this was going to be another one of those games where we fail to make our chances pay & end up getting punished when, on 78 minutes, an attempted clearance by the Bolton defence pin balled ins way into the path of Jose Antonio Reyes who gave the keeper little chance with a well placed finish to make it 2-0.

In the dying minutes a David Wheater back pass was under hit allowing Daryl Murphy to stroll onto the ball & beat the keeper to make it 3-0.

In the end it looked easy but in truth was anything but. I told the fella's they would need to step up their game against better opposition!"

View attachment 290413

View attachment 290411

View attachment 290413

View attachment 290410

View attachment 290407

So we have been handed a very tough quarter final match up against fellow Londoner's Tottenham.

Spurs occupy second position on the Premier League table so we will have to be at our very best to get a result.

View attachment 290406

A Manchester derby looks to be the Marquee match up for the Quarters. Of the other matches I only rate ourselves as capable of pulling off an upset but I might be a bit biased there. ;)

Silvio to Join Q.P.R.

View attachment 290405

Management for Athletico Madrid wingback, Silvio, have tonight confirmed that the Portuguese international will play for Queens Park Rangers next season after agreeing to a 3 year deal with the London club.

Silvio, who's contract in Madrid is up at years end, has played just 7 matches for Athletico this season after spending the last 3 years on loan at Deportivo la Coruna & SLB. It is thought the lure of regular first team football at Loftus Road was the motivating factor behind the Portuguese's decision.

Great save so far, looks like it's starting to go really well for you!

QPR have been subject of a lot of 'poor management' so hopefully you can start something magical. :)

Great save so far, looks like it's starting to go really well for you!

QPR have been subject of a lot of 'poor management' so hopefully you can start something magical. :)

Thanks for that mate.

I am happy with what I have been able to do so far here, am really hoping we can push on & overtake Blackburn for that automatic promotion spot. My history with playoffs is not great :S

View attachment 290203

16/2/2016 Pride Park, Attendance 20,397

Derby Co. 0 - Q.P.R. 3

Goals - Reyes (28, 35), Murphy (90)

P.O.M. - Jose Antonio Reyes (QPR)

View attachment 290201

View attachment 290202

View attachment 290201

"Back to a bit of form in this match, for the first half in any case. It looked as though it was going to be another case of plenty of possession, no goals but as we neared the half hour mark Jose Antonio Reyes drifted in from the right, slid between 2 defenders & blasted a shot into the top corner to give us the lead. A beautiful individual goal!

It didn't take long for the Spaniard to double his tally (& our lead) either as Abou Diaby jinked past his marker in midfield before sliding a perfectly waited pass into the veteran forwards path to put us 2-0 up.

The second half was a much tighter affair. Derby are a decent side so had always expected them to put up a fight & for a while they had me nervous.

I feared the worst when Jordan Rossiter went off injured. My only option was to bring on Willis, who I'd never played there before.

I needn't of worried as the youngster did well & in the dying moments Daryl Murphy added our third & sealed what turned out to be a comfortable 3 points."

View attachment 290201

View attachment 290196

View attachment 290201

View attachment 290195

So we move back into 3rd spot after Notts Forest slip up at Crystal Palace. We are 5 points adrift of Blackburn in that much desired automatic promotion place.

Last edited:

View attachment 290186

20/2/2016 Loftus Road, Attendance 15,242

Q.P.R. 1 - Cardiff 0

Goals - Berntsen (16)

P.O.M. - Nicola Leali (QPR)

View attachment 290185

View attachment 290184

View attachment 290185

"A very good performance against tough opposition.

We lost Reyes to injury after just 8 minutes & it was his replacement, Daniel Berntsen, that gave us the lead 8 minutes later with a brilliant individual effort that saw him drift in from the right before jinking past a defender & slotting the ball home past the keeper.

Cardiff dominated possession but we always looked the more dangerous team. Our defence was solid & our direct passing was a constant threat to a Cardiff side pushing for an equaliser.

We had chances to ease my nerves & extend the lead but unfortunately just lacked that cutting edge.

In the second half fullback Jack Robinson picked up a knock but was luckily able to continue.

The game remained close but in reflection we were never really in danger of conceding, though the pessimist in me always expected us to."

View attachment 290185

View attachment 290177

View attachment 290185

View attachment 290176

So we again close the gap on Blackburn after Crystal Palace do us another favour by holding them to a scoreless draw at home. The difference is now just 3 points!

View attachment 290173

View attachment 290172

Reyes - Torn Hamstring, 3 Months.

A bitter blow to our push for promotion. 3 months means he will probably not play again this year. On the plus side we have plenty of cover.

Berntsen is a ready made replacement & was pushing for the starting spot anyway while we also have the likes of Diego Ifran & Will Keane who could fill the role in a pinch.

View attachment 290169

Jack Robinson - Damaged elbow, 2 weeks

Quite lucky with this one. Firstly 2 weeks isn't that bad. Secondly his obvious replacement, Yun Suk-Young, has himself just returned from a short injury layoff. Vegard Forren could also step in at LB if needed though would be nowhere near as affective going forward.

Last edited:

View attachment 290009

23/2/2016 New York Stadium, Attendance - 6,903

Rotherham 0 - Q.P.R. 0

Goals - N/A

P.O.M. - Hayden White (R'ham)

View attachment 290007

View attachment 290006

View attachment 290007

" A disappointing draw against a side that is almost certain to be relegated.

We looked sluggish, our passing was dreadful & on the odd occasion we did manage to create a chance our finishing was poor to say the least.

In fact the only positive thing I can say about our game was that our defence held up well. Besides that it was a horrible performance & I let the boys know as much. After all we're supposedly pushing for promotion here!"

View attachment 290007

View attachment 290002

View attachment 290007

View attachment 290001

Once again Blackburn slip up which means just 2 points separates us from that automatic promotion spot. Brentford have all but got the title in the bag while Huddersfield & Forrest are refusing to give up in their pursuit of second place as well.

The final stretch is looking very interesting!

View attachment 289913

27/2/2016 Loftus Road, Attendance - 12,225

Q.P.R. 2 - Birmingham 0

Goals - Ifran (37), Berntsen (48)

P.O.M. - Diego Ifran (QPR)

View attachment 289912

View attachment 289911

View attachment 289912

"Afraid we are getting a touch of Jekyll & Hyde about us.

In stark contrast to our last performance we were on fire for the best part of this game. Some of our build up play was spectacular though heading to the half it had been all for naught.

On 37 minutes though an exquisite Berntsen run, which started from inside our half, was capped off when the young Norwegian beat his man, got to the byline, & picked out the perfect cutback to Diego Ifran who buried the chance from the penalty spot(ish).

Shortly after the break we had the game in the bag as a quick pass out of defence found Ifran with time to turn & run at the defence. Just as they closed him down he slipped the ball into the path of Berntsen who made no mistake & doubled our lead.

After our second the guys got a bit complacent & invited Birmingham back into the game. On a different day they may have pulled one back & made a game of it but that day wasn't today
."

View attachment 289912

View attachment 289910

View attachment 289912

View attachment 289909

Blackburn AGAIN slip up, this time at home to lowly Bolton, which means we move into second spot & have our destiny in our hands. Still a lot of football to be played but at this stage of the year that's all you can ask for.

View attachment 289776

1/3/2016 Selhurst Park, Attendance - 21,250

Crystal Palace 1 - Q.P.R. 0

Goals - Williams (30)

P.O.M. - Shir Tzedek (Palace)

View attachment 289775

View attachment 289774

View attachment 289775

" Godammitt!!! All that hard work getting ourselves into second spot ruined in one extremely frustrating 90 minutes.

Palace started by controlling possession, knocking the ball around without ever really threatening us. for our part, we looked good when we got the ball & had our chances to take the lead, without success.

On the half hour mark Sandro left a back pass short allowing Palace Attacking mid Jonny Williams to beat Leali to the ball before burying it in the back of the net. ****! 1-0 Palace.

From that moment on it was all one way traffic. Every time we got on the ball we looked like scoring, carving the Palace defence open at will. We spurned chance after chance after chance!

Palace keeper, Ariel Harush, had the game of his life (Cant believe he wasn't POM), pulling off a number of fantastic saves, including 3 Bendtner efforts in the one movement!

As the game reached its conclusion we threw everything at them but despite our dominance just couldn't break through. Incredibly frustrating!!!"

View attachment 289775

View attachment 289773

View attachment 289775

View attachment 289772

So we drop back to 4th after the loss at Palace. Huddersfield continue their incredible run & Blackburn return to the winners circle as well.

We will need to bounce back quickly if we are to have a chance at automatic promotion.

Second to fourth after just one loss? ****, that's a tight table.

Good luck in getting an automatic promotion spot.

Second to fourth after just one loss? ****, that's a tight table.

Good luck in getting an automatic promotion spot.

Cheers mate, yeah its incredibly tight, very little room for mistakes!