The bookies might think its a race for second but I think Manuel's men can cause a bit of a stir this year when they settle in.

Oh, and being that I am from north of the Tweed I'd just like to offer my comiserations for last night ;)

The bookies might think its a race for second but I think Manuel's men can cause a bit of a stir this year when they settle in. Oh, and being that I am from north of the Tweed I'd just like to offer my comiserations for last night ;)
Yes, THANKS FOR THAT! :S
Serie A is a piece of ****, tenner on you to win it at 100-1!
I don't know that Manuel is as talented a manager as Jamie but I reckon we can rattle a few cages once we've settled in ;)

View attachment 245597

Manuel's Mobile

"Hello Juan Ca.........ahem, I mean John Carlov, ahem.

"Just call me JC old mate."

"Yeah, I think that will be easier. What's up?"

"Just wondering how the side is looking? Are they fit? Are they ready? Any injuries I should know about?"

"Umm, no they're fine mate. Lacking a bit of cohesion but that's to be expected. Why do you care?"

"Manuel, I'm offended! You're my oldest & dearest friend. Of course I care!"

"Bullshit JC! You're up to something. Whats the go!?"

"Well Manuel, did you see the title odds?"

"Of course I did JC, we're 100 - 1!"

"You say that like its a bad thing Manuel!"

"Isnt it?"

"Where you see despair Manuel, I see opportunity! Do you realise that a mere bet of 100K would net us a cool 10M should you win the title Manuel?"

"Oh, god! I hope you are not suggesting that we steal 100K out of the Mob fund, which we have already stolen from Lazio, to place a bet on ourselves to win Serie A JC!"

"Indeed I am Manuel"

"You are going to get us killed, you know that right?"

"Oh Manuel, you're such a drama queen! They'll never miss 100K!"

"I don't know about that JC but F@#K IT! How much worse could it get!? Place the bet! Lets do this ****!"

"About time you pulled that stick out of your *** old mate!"

.....CLICK

"You say that like its a bad thing Manuel!"

"Isnt it?"

"Where you see despair Manuel, I see opportunity! Do you realise that a mere bet of 100K would net us a cool 10M should you win the title Manuel?"

Ahahahahaha JC :wub::wub:

Italian Cup

3rd Qualifying Round

View attachment 245576

We dominated from the outset here, as expected.

The longer we went without breaking through though, the more nervous I got.

We had complete control of the game but had really struggled to break the Serie B club down. Lucas Boye missed a number of chances, though it would be a stretch to call any of them clear cut, & Leandro Paredes was causing all kinds of trouble drifting in from the unfamiliar right flank position.

At the half I decided to take a calming approach, reminding the guys to relax & keeping going the way they had been. The result would come.

My approach almost immediately paid dividends as, once again, Leandro Paredes found space after floating in from the right. The little Argentinian chipped a perfect little ball to the far post for Stevan Jovetic to open our account & ease my nerves.

19 minutes later the same pair combined in almost identical fashion to double our lead & put the game to rest. An easy enough win after a nervy start.

9J0Cc3F.jpg

epic story!
legendary author!!

love it mate, probably the best on here!

can't wait to see how it goes...

'Twas to be expected :p. John Carlov betting on you to save himself. Good run-out in the qualifying game though. Those matches are fantastic for getting the team to gel.

That's the best match update presentation that I think I've ever seen!

View attachment 245341

We started this game well & took control early. Unfortunately for us, Atalanta managed to score with their first attempt at goal, a Hassan header from a Rasmus Jonsson cross. God dammit!

We immediately went back into control but I wasn't feeling good. I just had feeling.

At the half hour mark a cross was put into the box by Davide Santon. The Atalanta defence managed to get it cler but only as far as Victor Wanyama.The big Kenyan took a quick touch before blasting the ball into the back of the net from all of 30 yards. An unbelievable strike! The keeper didn't even move, it was too fast!

After initially having to shout at the boys to make sure they were remaining focused, we once again settled in to controlling the match & when Lucas Boye buried a "snap on the turn" into the back of the net, the ominous feeling I had early in the match had all but gone. This was looking easy.

The half came & went with little change in the flow of the match. I looked more likely that we would add a third rather then Atalanta equalising but looks can be deceiving at times.

On 69 minutes Efthymis Kanaris pulled Atalanta level with another goal off the head, this time from a corner. Our marking was horrible.

From there the game changed dramatically. Atalanta found their desire & were pushing hard. We were under the pump well & truly. Luckily Leandro Paredes decided he didnt want us to lose.

Im still not sure how the crafty Argentinian managed it but he danced his way into the box, skipping past defenders with ease before beating the keeper at his near post from point blank range. A spectacular individual effort.

In the closing stages Atalanta continued to throw everything at us but we managed o hold them out to open our account for the new season with a win.

View attachment 245342