Just spent over an hour reading through the thread just to say it's awesome you chose Batty. I'm doing a Fiorentina save with him as well, saw it fitting that a club legend should return to lead them to glory. You should try and stay with Bayern for a while now though, you jump clubs too quickly lol.

Striker, I might do. Cheers crucifixy, I'm also hoping to go to one of Batistuta's formr clubs, preferably Fiorentina. :D

And thanks,Koppieman :D

Last edited:
Ok. _

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 08:18 PM ----------

attachment.php

FC Bayern sign Hlousek
Gijon striker on his way to Munich

93108959.jpg.28280.0_display_image.jpg

Hlousek, pictured above playing for Slavia Prague, has moved to Bayern for £15M

FC Bayern Munich have signed Czech Republican striker Adam Hlousek from Spanish side Sporting Gijon for £15,000,000.
Hlousek, who scored 5 goals in 12 La Liga games this season before joining yesterday. He is FC Bayern's first signing of the January transfer window, when we expect Gabriel Batistuta, their new boss, will not only bring in some new faces but may want to offload some unwanted baggage.

Already this January, Martin Demichelis, Dirk Kuyt and Mario Gomez have been sent out on loan deals with future fees already agreed between clubs, with the players going to Genoa, Hamburg and Inter respectively.

You can purchase FC Bayern new home shirt with Hlousek's name on the back by clicking on the picture below.

Hlousek-7.jpg

Hlousek's new hero shirt can be purchased by clicking on the above photo

Verrrry good signing :D he becomes an incredible player!

Just read through the whole story... brilliant :)

Cheers very much guys, sorry about the lack of updates, should be doing one tonight. :D

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

attachment.php

FC Bayern - January/February 2013 Update
Highs and Lows for Batistuta

340x.jpg

Hlousek has put in some amazing performances since joining Der FCB

Since joining FC Bayern Munchen, to give them their proper name, Argentina legend Gabriel Batistuta has had a couple of real ups and downs.
As the Bundesliga and 2. Bundesliga were both off on a winter break, Bayern organised a few friendlies against lower level opposition, and Bayern's first match was against VfL Bochum. They lost 4-3 in an embarrassing defensive display from Martin Demichelis. He has since went on loan to Genoa...

Friendlies

VfL Bochum 4-3 FC Bayern
Altintop x2, Lodeiro

Hansa Rostock 0-2 FCB
Lodeiro, Hlousek

Bundesliga

FCB 4-0 Greufer Furth
Hlousek, Diouf x2, Altintop

Leverkusen 2-1 FCB
Diouf

FCB 2-1 Koln
Hlousek x2

BVB Dortmund 2-2 FCB
Lodeiro, Pranjic

FCB 2-1 Schalke 04
Hlousek, Pranjic

Frankfurt 1-1 FCB
Robben

FCB 2-2 HSV
Hlousek, Olic

...and FCB have since, as you can see, got themselves back on track and are now unbeaten in 5 in the Bundesliga. But next up is a massive test...AC Milan in the San Siro. FCB are without new signing Neven Subotic (article below) due to the fact he was a deadline signing and wasn't therefore eligible.

Transfers

In

Adam Hlousek - S. Gijon - £15M
Daniel - Villareal - £8.5M
Ricardo Apeldoorn - Roda JC - £2.8M
Neven Subotic - BVB - £42.5M

Out

Martin Demichelis - Genoa - Loan
Mario Gomez - Inter - Loan
Dirk Kuyt - HSV - Loan
Rod Fanni - Barcelona - £5M

Der FCB have strengtheened their defence with the signings of Subotic, Daniela and Apeldoorn, who will shore up a previously leaky back 4. Badstuber and Subotic will be the two centre-backs and Daniel and Lahm will be on either side. Other news defensively as FCB have agreed to sign Barca's Oguchi Onyewu at the end of the season when his contract expires.

Buy your new Apeldoorn, Subotic and Daniel hero shirts below.

Subotic-4.jpg
Daniel-6.jpg
Apeldoorn-5.jpg

****** ****, just had to skim through this story again (What a roller coaster!), keep forgetting, and my e-mail is clogged up with so much **** I miss important updates despite my subscription! Will make sure I really follow now though (for however long you're going on for..)

Nice touch with the "Buy your kit" bit, but I think it's better for just big signings, not for everyone.. The 3 pictures take up a bit too much space IMO (small thing, but it all counts!) - Christ talking of which, I just realised you signed Subo for £42.5m! :O

There'll be no cash for Ochoa!(6)

Anyways.. Keep going, great story - Think Colin Todd should come back though ;)

Yes, FC Bayern have released a statement today saying they are hoping Mr Todd will be joining Gabriel here at the Allianz Arena. They also have said it was a bit ****-ish to forget Ochoa, but my young Belgians are doing not too bad so who knows. And cheers, I'll only do the tops for the big signings. :D

Yes, FC Bayern have released a statement today saying they are hoping Mr Todd will be joining Gabriel here at the Allianz Arena. They also have said it was a bit ****-ish to forget Ochoa, but my young Belgians are doing not too bad so who knows. And cheers, I'll only do the tops for the big signings. :D

XD "A bit twatish"

attachment.php

FC Bayern in German Cup final
Win over Wehen seals Hertha BSC showdown

david-alaba-portraet-fc-bayern-ausnahme-talent-oesterreich-mehmet-scholl-herzog-gerland.jpg

David Alaba celebrates his goal after coming off the bench to seal a Bayern victory

FC Bayern Munich fans are today 'very pleased', as one said, to once again be in the final of the German Cup. A comprehensive, dominant 2-0 victory over 3. Liga side Wehen has set up a clash with capital side Hertha BSC, who shocked a Leverkusen side by an incredible scoreline...5-2, despite the fact Hertha are struggling in 2. Bundesliga, currently 5th.
This means Bayern cannot rest on their laurels, and they didn't last night, with 73% of the possession, 14 shots at goal and 7 on target, but an incredible performance from Wehen keeper Eric Domaschke kept the score down.

Bayern were dissadvantaged early on, as Nicolas Lodeiro was stretchered off with suspected strained knee ligaments after he twisted painfully under pressure. Balasz Dszudszak was his replacement.

Bayern took the lead after 26 minutes, when Dutch dynamo Arjen Robben dribbled mazily through the confused Wehen defence before playing a cheeky one-two with Czech hitman Adam Hlousek before stroking it pasty the helpless Domaschke.

Bayern-Munichs-Arjen-Robb-001.jpg

Robben put the Bundesliga leaders in front with a fantastic solo effort

Bayern continued to pressure, and Adam Hlousek was denied on 63 minutes, when his curled shot was plucked out by Wehen keeper Domaschke, when the ball seemed to have already beaten him. Balasz Dszudszak also went close, his header hitting the post before the Wehen defence hoofed it clear.

It was only when Toni Kroos picked up a knock, which has now been confirmed will rule him out for 4 weeks, and he was replace by David Alaba that Bayern were to double their lead.

Another tremendous run from Arjen Robben was topped off by the young Austrian at the back post, who calmly stroked it into the net to bring Wehen's fairytale to an end.

But Bayern face a stern test in the final, when they play 2.m Bundesliga side Hertha BSC.

Nice update again Pistolped. Good luck in the final - Can't wait for the return of the Todd-Batistuta partnership!

Thanks for your kind comments joss. I think Colin will be making return, he just needs to get a flight etc sorted to Munich. I'll need to get some details from pistolped on what he actually wants written though.

Thanks for your kind comments joss. I think Colin will be making return, he just needs to get a flight etc sorted to Munich. I'll need to get some details from pistolped on what he actually wants written though.

Haha OK. Look forward to it as I've already said!

Well, I was gonna send him over on British Airways but we can no longer afford an economy class seat with them after the 1,000,000% increase. Channel Tunnel on the bus then, Mr Todd?

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

attachment.php

FC Bayern - March 2013 Update
Bundesliga domination doesn't transfer to Euro success

dszudszak_jpg_656756a.jpg

Balazs Dszudszak has been in top form for FCB recently

Bayern Munich have, this month, continued their unbeaten Bundesliga run and extended it to 10 games. Their European exploits have been, however, far less successful.
After losing 2-1 away from home at the San Siro, Bayern were still in a decent enough position to hit back against AC Milan and only needed 1 goal to go through.

UEFA Champions League - Last 16, Leg 2

FCB 0-0 AC Milan

They failed. However, FCB have gone unbeaten all month in domestic competition. An, with only five games left in the season, are ahead by 5 points, with Borussia Dortmund and Wolfsburg trailing behind.

German Bundesliga

Duisburg 0-2 FCB
Lodeiro, Hlousek

FCB 0-0 Karlsruhe

Hoffenheim 1-2 FCB
Altintop, Hlousek

FCB 0-0 Werder Bremen

Beilefeld 2-4 FCB
Hlousek, Pranjic (pen), Schweinsteiger (pen), Kroos

So, a rather unimpressive performance against Karlsruhe aside, good stuff domestically this month from FCB, but they will need another few players this summer, not least a top quality striker to partner Adam Hlousek with Ivica Olic only getting one all season and Mame Biram Diouf injured and out of form.

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

attachment.php

FC Bayern - April/May 2013 Update
FCB retain Bundesliga trophy

4590765854_cc56b4f7a3_z.jpg

FCB players celebrate winning the Bundesliga two years in a row

Gabriel Batistuta has now experienced a first in his 4 years as a football manager...being a league champion. His dream was realised after his team's 3-0 win over title rivals Wolfsburg. Bayern celebrated on the field at the Allianz Arena with some fans who had ran onto the park, but the players and staff asked the police to let them 'party' with them, as Arjen Robben reportedly put it.
On a poorer note, Bayern's incredible 13 game unbeaten run was ended at the hands of lowly Hannover, as FCB lost 3-2, a week after winning the league title.

German Bundesliga

FCB 4-2 Stuttgart
Robben, Kroos x2, Badstuber

Augsburg 0-1 FCB
Altintop

FCB 3-0 Wolfsburg
Robben, Hlousek, Daniel

Hannover 3-2 FCB
Schweinsteiger, Hlousek

Nuremburg 1-3 FCB
Kroos, Breno, Hlousek

So, FC Bayern Munchen have won the German Bundesliga, with 72 points from 34 games. And what of the German Cup? Well...

Hertha shock the world!
Capital club win first cup at home on penalties

610x.jpg

Hertha BSC players celebrate in front of their fans after winnning on penalties

The world of football witnessed a massive shock tonight as Hertha Berlin SC won the German Cup on penalties after holding Bayern Munich at 1-1 for 120 minutes. The only penalty missed was by Bayern Munich's Adam Hlousek, who had his shot saved by the man of the match, Timo Ochs.
It started very well for the Bundesliga champions, who pressured very early on. The didn't score until the 43rd minute, and it was Toni Kroos who, ironically, scored a penalty. Shortly after the break, however, Hertha equalised through Hanno Balitsch.
Bayern pressured and pressured, but Timo Ochos made save after save.

Extra Time.

Bayern pressured more and more, the Hertha defence struggling to hold up and making mistakes at every turn, but the incredible performance from Ochs was denying Bayern every chance, and they were getting frustrated.

Penalties.

The two sides confered with their coaches, and a show of hands went up at one point for both sides, the brave individuals who were willing to take a kick.

The two teams lined up at the halfway line, hand in hand. The first man stepped up. Michel of Hertha. The penalties were being taken in front of Hertha's fans.

He placed the ball on the spot. He looked up and saw the young Belgian keeper, Arie Berton. His imposing figure dwarfed the goal. He took a deep breath and took his run up. He struck the ball with the ferocity of which I've never seen a penalty taken.

Goal.

The Hertha fans went wild, but then that joy turned into a chorus of boos as Bayern's Daniel Pranjic stepped up. He turned round to see his Bayern team-mates geeing him on. He scores.

1-1.

Hedwiges Maduro then nets for Hertha.

And now, the turn of Bayern's talisman, Adam Hlousek. He has been one of Bayern's best players since joining in January. Seeing his name on the teamsheet immediately strikes fear into the heart of an opposing player.

Timo Ochs saves it.

Hlousek's penalty was never then dropped by Hertha, deserved winners of the 2013 German Cup.

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 04:31 PM ----------

OP updated.

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

attachment.php

Whatever happened to...
...Gabriel Batistuta's old teams?

Gabriel-Batistuta.jpg

Batistuta has had success at a number of different clubs

Ever since the shock announcement of his appointment as Argentina way back in June 2009, Gabriel Batistuta has come a long way in the football world. And this week on BBC Sports "Whatever Happened To?" series, we take a look back at all the national teams and clubs that Batistuta has managed.

Argentina

Already a cult hero in Argentina because of his performances while playing for La Albiceleste, he became more so when he took over the reins of the sacred Argentine national team from disgraced former manager Diego Maradona, who is still serving a jail sentence for drug offences.

He took a downtrodden and worn out old seleccion and transformed them back into a behemoth of world football.

Wins over big footballing nations like Brazil, Uruguay and Germany put the Argies back on the world map.

Players that Batistuta introduced to the national steup, like Franco di Santo, Federico Fazio, Diego Perotti and, more importantly, Javier Pastore, still regularly turn out for Argentina.

Brescia

Batistuta took over Brescia at the end of the 2009/10 season and was tasked with trying to save them from relegation. But despite cloing a 9 point gap to a 1 point one in just 5 game, and a surprise win over Bologna, Brescia went down after drawing 1-1 with Lecce.

They finished 7th in Serie B this season.

Valencia

Batistuta's first big club job put his name on the European manager's map, after leading a demoralised and 'useless' Valencia side from 17th in La Liga to 4th in 2010/11, and to a Europa League title. An epic European adventure saw Batistuta's side regularly outplay sides, but sometimes lacked that end product. Theyalso got to the quarter finals of the Copa del Rey.

Valencia finished 5th this season, failing to qualify for the Champions League.

Liverpool

When Batistuta joined Liverpool in 2011, they were 5th in the EPL table and in a decent position, and Batistuta continued the good start they had under Roy Hodgson. They also went on to win the Carling Cup that year, ending a 5 year trophy drought.

Liverpool finished 1st in the EPL this year, but the best performing players were oones that Batistuta brought in, including Thomas Muller, Michel Bastos, Guillermo Ochoa and Yohann Gourcuff.

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

attachment.php

Batistuta: This season will be my last
Batistuta to retire after World Cup

Batistuta.jpg

Batistuta is to quit football management at the end of the year

FC Bayern Munich boss and Argentine football legend Gabriel Batistuta has announced that he will be retiring from the football world after the World Cup in 2014, which is at the end of the season.
Batistuta, whose 5 year career has seen him manage two nations and four clubs, has said he will remain with Bayern until the end of the year, when he will resign and not take another job. Even though he has only been a manager for a few years, Batistuta has recieved some of the biggest accolades in world football, including the Europa League and the German Bundesliga. However, the Argentine press have called 'Batigol' the 'nearly man', after he reached the semi-finals of the 2010 World Cup and the final of the 2011 Copa America only to lose as Argentina manager.

But a vacancy has opened up in the Argentina job, and some sources say that Batistuta has said he was 'interested' in taking up his former role.

Batistuta would, however, have to patch up his poor relations with the AFA president, Julio Grondona, who he called a 'mafioso' after he left the job, for the way he ran the AFA.

However, there is but a small chance that Batistuta would be given the job anyway.

But, just as he did back in 2009, he could completely surpirse us all again.

Epic twist mate :O! I'll try and update my part during the week!

This is great. Are you ending it because of FM2011 ?

Awww, it's gonna be over soon :S Good luck, hopefully you can win Champions League in your last year :) And beat Liverpool in the final ;)