Tough month, I am sure you can bounce back though!

Yeah, I don't want to leave having failed here, but once I sell a few wasters and bring in some talent in the summer, hopefully it'll go a bit better, but I don't want to over-sell and under-buy. And spend too much, a la Valencia. :p

Besides, league position isn't that important, I've sealed Europa League fotball by winning the Cup, but I can still technically get into the CL.

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

Thanks, Dan. :D

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

attachment.php

Liverpool - April Update
A vast improvement

Fernando Torres gets his second against Tottenham

Liverpool have vastly improved this April compared to their form in March this year. Three wins from three is a massive improvement on last month's two wins from eight.
It is apparently because of the return of several injured players to the squad and the return of the 4-2-3-1 formation.

Tottenham 0-2 Liverpool
Torres x2

Liverpool 3-1 Fulham
Gerrard, J. Cole, Wilson

Swindon 0-5 Liverpool
J. Cole x2, Torres x2, Wilson

The return of the 4-2-3-1 formation has seen the return to form of Fernando Torres and Joe Cole. So, with Liverpool a point off Chelsea and Everton in the CL places, they could win a CL place yet...

Table

Place--Team------GD-----PTS
3rd -- Chelsea ---+27------67
4th --- Everton ---+14 -----67
5th --- Liverpool--+30 ----- 66
6th --- Spurs ------+28 ----- 66
7th --- Man City -- +28 ----- 66
Liverpool play Bolton in the final match.

Cheers, mate. :D

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

attachment.php

Reds seal Champions League Place
1-0 win enough as Everton fall to Stoke

liverpool-celebrat_1004189c.jpg

Liverpool celebrate at the final whistle with their fans

Liverpool have qualified for next year's UEFA Champions League qualifiers, after a dramatoc last day in which they pipped their Merseyside rivals Everton to fourth place, Champions League football and a £17,000,000 reward.

Liverpool only won by a goal at Anfield against Bolton, who finished 14th in the table, scored by Steven Gerrard, one of Liverpool's two players in the Barclays Team of the Year, along with Danny Wilson.

Raul Meireles was sent off in the 44th minute after a second bookable offence.

Bolton threathened midway into the second half, and Kevin Davies' incredible run rounded off by a lovely chip over a helpless Guillermo Ochoa, before Danny Wilson got back and cleared it off the line.

Fernando Torres nearly scored at the end, but his long range effort hit the bar and fell to Gary Cahill.

Everton's 1-0 loss to Stoke, sealed by Turkish forward Tuncay Sanli's goal, has condemned them to the Europa League, and dening them their first shot at the Champions League since 2005.

attachment.php

Batistuta joins Croatia
Hoping to lead them to EURO 2012 title

20080723190817!Croatia_football_federation.png

Batistuta will hope to lead the world number two's to a first major title

Croatia have unveiled their new manager. It's the man whose Argentina side beat them in the World Cup 3rd place play-off almost two years ago. In his 5th managerial job in three years, it's Gabriel Batistuta.
Although details are scarce, reports say that he might resign after the tournament, even if he leads Croatia to the title.

In their group, they will face France, Poland and Sweden.

Great updates mate, I knew you could do it :D. Croatia is a nice twist too :p

Ta, but I'm only gonna be there for the Euro's. Give me summit to do over the summer.

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

attachment.php

Batistuta laughs off Man City reports
"I'm staying at Anfield"

gabriel-batistuta.jpg

Batistuta raises a wry smile at the line of questioning from our reporter

Interviewed in Moldova ahead of Croatia's clash with them on Saturday, he laughed off press speculation that he was going to leave his post at Anfield and join Manchester City.
Batistuta raised a smile and said he was staying at Anfield. It comes after Roberto Mancini was sacked after falling from 1st last year to a dissapointing 7th this year.

Young Lyon centre back Dejan Lovren is in the Croatian squad, replacing the injured Vedran Corluka.

Good update mate, must have been tempting though...

Cheers, mate, hope so. :D

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

attachment.php

West Ham go bust!
Hammers in receivership

west-ham-united-logo.jpg

The future of the Hammers is uncertain

West Ham United have gone bankrupt and have gone into receivership, even after their promotion back to the Premiership.
The Hammers have debts of up to a reported £63M, and they have only £27.5M in total funds, according to last season's AGM.
We can only hope that this historic club can pull themselves out of this trouble.

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:03 PM ----------

attachment.php

Croatia enjoy rollercoaster Euro 2012
Unbeaten group stage ends with loss in semis
w6xfro.jpg

Olic after the second against Poland

As EURO 2012 has ended with holders Spain retaining their title, Croatian fans have had a topsy-turvy summer in Ukraine and Poland.
After a win over Poland, and draws with France and Sweden, they were expected to go out in the quarters when they faced Portugal. But the Croatians stood firm, and swept the Iberians aside, 4-0. But in the semis, Spain proved just too much, winning 4-3 after extra-time.

Poland 2-4 Croatia
Olic x3, Lovren

Croatia 0-0 France

Sweden 1-1 Croatia
Modric

Croatia 4-0 Portugal
Modric, Raktic x2, Olic

Spain 4-3 Croatia
Olic, Krancjar, Lovren

Gabriel Batistuta resigned after the Euros as he said he would before the tournament began.

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 04:41 PM ----------

attachment.php

A New Era at Anfield
As the old guard leaves, new heroes arrive

remote_image20100711-14233-fyzvqw-0.jpg

Thomas Muller was the pick of the new signings

A new era has begun at Anfield, as Gabriel Batistuta has restructured his Liverpool side to feature a tem of international superstars.
Out went the over-rated, over-paid primadonnas, and in came a new batch of players willing to put their heart and soul into playing for the Kop.
Or at least, that's the plan.

Transfers

In

Vaclav Kadlec - CSKA Moscow - £5M
Michel Bastos - Lyon - £7.5M
Rui Patricio - Sporting Lisbon - £2.5M
Moussa Sissoko - Toulouse - £17.5M
Marcello Baraldo - Udinese - £1M (Comp)
Marek Hamsik - Inter - £9M
Thomas Muller - FC Bayern - £10M
Luis Fabiano - Sevilla - £7.5M
Jesus Navas - Sevilla - £7.5M
Domenico Criscito - Sampdoria - £17.5M

Out

Danny Agger - At. Madrid - £8.5M
David N'Gog - Inter - £6.75M
Maxi Rodriguez - Bari - £6.75M
Chris Mavinga- Dijon - £1.4M
Pepe Reina - Man City - £20M
Paul Konchesky - Spurs - £4M
James McFadden - Stoke - £6M
Danny Pacheco - Feyenoord - Ln Fee £1.7M
Stephan Lichtsteiner - BVB Dortmund - £5M
Milan Jovanovic - Napoli - £8M
Alberto Aquilani - Juventus - £9M
Dirk Kuyt - FC Bayern - £6M
Christian Poulsen - Sevilla - £8.5M

Matches

Premier League

Liverpool 0-0 Tottenham

Liverpool 1-0 West Ham
Torres

Liverpool 2-0 West Ham
Shelvey, Sissoko

Wolves 1-4 Liverpool
Wilson, Hamsik, Shelvey, Kadlec

Liverpool 1-0 Stoke
Kadlec

Fulham 1-3 Liverpool
Muller x2, Wilson

Liverpool 0-0 Man City

Champions League

Rangers 1-2 Liverpool
Torre x2

Liverpool 2-1 Rangers
Shelvey, Torres

Group F

Inter
Liverpool
Galatasaray
AEK Athens

Inter 2-2 Liverpool
Torres, Gerrard

Carling Cup

Liverpool 2-3 Man City
Torres, Muller

So, unbeaten in the league and in Europe, but already out of the Carling Cup, Liverpool might be aiming for European success this season.

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

attachment.php

Fabiano to leave in January
New arrival at Anfield...and he's already away!

LuisFabiano415.jpg

Fabiano can't settle in Merseyside

Brazilian hitman Luis Fabiano has confirmed that he is unhappy in Merseyside and can't settle in the area...so just two months after sealing a move to the Kop, he is now on his way to Portugal.
Fabiano has not played well for the Reds so far this season, with an average BBC Sports rating of 5.4 out of 10 in four appearances. So it may be a blessing in disguise for Liverpool, as they have recouped the full £7.5M they paid Sevilla.

But who will they spend it on? Numerous possible targets include Lisandro Lopez of Lyon, who Gabriel Batsituta loved as Argentina boss, and wished to bring to Valencia, Andy Carroll, who put three past Liverpool last weekend, and some fanzines say Celtic's Anthony Stokes is a target, but Batistuta denies this.

lisandro-lopez.jpg

love the layout of this mate :)
keep it up and hopefuly youll acheive great success with liverpool :)

Thanks, mate! :D

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

attachment.php

Batistuta resigns!
Anfield reign is over as big offers come in

2_GR.jpg

Batistuta leaving Buenos Aires to return to Liverpool after the international break a few weeks ago

Liverpool boss Gabriel Batistuta has resigned from his job at Anfield and is set to join either Chelsea, Manchester City or FC Bayern in the coming weeks.
He resigned because he was 'sick' of Liverpool, and couldn' carry on. Manchester City and Chelsea have recently sacked their managers, after one gave the board an ultimatum about improving the youth academy and the other for a string of poor results.

Whattttt? Disappointed you left, however I am sure you will do well wherever you go :)

Pssst, Go to Bayern.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Nah just kidding mate, best of luck at Chelski :) should be an interesting read :) My services are available for requirement. :wub:

Uh-oh. My comp randomly shut down, in the middle of my Chelski vs Burnley game and I duno when it last autosaved! :(

Controversial decision, good luck at Chelsea though, sad you left Ochoa :(

****, guys, the game last autosaved when I resigned and before Chelsea got rid of their coach. What should I do?

****, guys, the game last autosaved when I resigned and before Chelsea got rid of their coach. What should I do?

Delete your Chelsea posts and look for a new job would be my advice kid :)

Cheers, mate, will do :D

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

attachment.php

Batistuta joins Bayern
Rejects offers from Porto, Schalke and Celtic to join Die Roten

fc_bayern_munich_logo.png

FC Bayern Munich have confirmed that they have signed Gabriel Batistuta as their new manager.
The Argentine legend has joined Die FCB after resigning from his Liverpool job a few weeks ago.
It is thought he will want to bring Thomas Muller back to the Allianz Arena, and offload Dirk Kuyt who he offloaded from Liverpool to this massive club.
His first game will be against FC Bochum on the 5th of January.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

My next update will be just to show how Bayern have been doing, their squad, their future fixtures and possible transfer targets.

:D

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

OP updated. :D