Another good update mate :) Its a shame you drew, but I still feel your going to do ell with this side :)

Cheers toddzy, update on Peru and Uruguay games soon.

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

attachment.php

Argentina qualify with win over Peru
Colombia and Uruguay to fight for Play-Off place
messi-vs-peru.jpg

Gonzalo Higuain celebrates scoring his opener

Argentina sealed their qualification for the 2010 FIFA World Cup after a 2-0 victory over visitors Peru. A double from Gonzalo Higuain gave Argentina 4th place with a game to spare.
Higuain scored his first in the 27th minute, after latching on to a lovely pass from Andres D'Allesandro.

Higuain got his second in the 65th minute after Javier Mascherano played the long ball, which Higuain made easy work of it, pushing it past the keeper.

argentina-vs-south-korea-live.jpg

Messi celebrating Higuain's second, then realising he is being taken off

Peru almost pulled one back, after a wonderful solo effort from Jefferson Farfan hit the bar, and so did his rebound.

Gabriel Batistuta was delighted that he could manage at a World Cup, especially with his home nation.

"I'm ecstatic, the players did very well today, and they can be very proud of themselves and how they played."

"To manage at a World Cup gives me the chance to do what I never could as a player - win."

"Of course, I'm not getting complacent - if we do that, we'll get nowhere - but we have as good a team as Spain, Germany, England or Brazil have to offer, and we've proven that."

Argentina play Uruguay on Tuesday, with the Uruguayan hoping for a win to give themselves a play-off berth.

attachment.php

Argentina put Uruguay to the sword
Colombia take play-off place, Uruguay out

2284FE927D84B705E8DACF32322F.jpg

Forlan watches on in horror as Messi's winner goes in

Uruguay will be devastated tonight as they lost a 2-0 lead to go out of the World Cup. Leading at half-time, Uruguay conceded 4 in the second half.
It had started so well when Jorge Fucile scored from his free-kick in the 32nd minute. Uruguay doubled their lead when Diego Forland converted his penalty kick after a foul from Fabricio Coloccini. However, replays showed that Nicolas Lodeiro was outside the box when he was fouled.

uruguay.jpg

Forlan scores his penalty

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

attachment.php

Argentina seal qualification
Wins over Peru and Uruguay seal World Cup place

Argentina-v-Nigeria-006.jpg

Unused sub Gabriel Heinze celebrates win over Uruguay

Argentina's wins over Peru and Uruguay have sealed their qualification for the 2010 World Cup.
They were 2-0 victors over Peru, with a double from Gonazlo Higuain getting them the points, and sealing their place in South Africa, but it was the match with Uruguay (which was meaningless for Argentina, but Uruguay had to win) which entertained the most.

429x.jpg

La Albiceleste's forwards see the assistant allow Higuain's opener against Peru

Uruguay had a two-goal lead at half-time after a Nicolas Lodeiro free-kick and a Diego Forlan penalty. It soon was clear that Pernia was fouled putside the box though.

At half-time, Gabriel Batistuta could be heard giving his players 'the hairdrier', telling them that they were 'letting the nation down'.

It worked.

Four goals in 45 minutes from Gonazlo Higuain, Esteban Cambiasso, Lionel Messi then Higuain again gave Argentina a fabulous win, and Colombia a play-off spot ahead of Uruguay.

Batistuta was very happy with the second-half performance.

" I belive we were a world-class team in the second half, but the first half was dire."

Oscar Tabarez was unavailable for comment.

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

Sorry, there was a mishap in the update, it didn't work first time but apparently it did. :p

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

attachment.php

Goals Galore for Argies as World Cup begins
Germany, USA and South Korea beware

Argentina racked up an incredbile 11 goals in 3 games as they prepare to face the USA on Saturday as thier World Cup campaign kicks off.
They played Spain, Nigeria and Belgium in a testing friendly period as they lost to Spain but demolished Nigeria and Belgium.

The lost 3-2 to the World Cup joint favourites and EURO 2008 winners Spain, while they beat Nigeria 4-1 and Belgium 5-2.

They were 2-0 down in 40 minutes against Spain, as Xavi and Pedro scored. Carlos Tevez pulled one back after half-time, but Fernando Torres sealed the win in the 90th minute. Gonzalo Higuain got a consolation in the 93rd minute, but it was too late as Gabriel Batistuta lost his very first game since taking charge of Argentina.

SPA-VS-ARG.jpeg

Xavi celebrates Spain's second with Silva, Villa and Pedro

A thumping win over Nigeria, however, lifted spirits as Argentina put four past them. Goals from Lisandro Lopez, Walter Samuel and another double from Gonazlo Higuain gave them a win. Obafemi Martins scored once at the end.

Argentina-Beats-Nigeria.jpg

Argentina celebrate the opener from Lopez (off screen)

The 5-2 win over Belgium came courtesy of hat-trick hero Lisandro Lopez, the first goal after just 28 seconds. Kun Aguero and Gonzalo Higuain added theirs later. Wesley Sonck and Marouane Fellaini scored for the hosts.

argentina-rusia-costa-rica-amistoso-internacional.jpg

Lopez scores his third

Argentina face the USA on Saturday in their first game of the World Cup.

Gabriel Batistuta took up club management near the end of the season, as he joined Brescia to try and save them from relegation. He shortened a five point deficit to a one point one, but Bresci still went down. He lost to Lazio and Parma, but drew with bottom club Lecce and upset Bologna by beating them 2-1. Batistuta resigned after Brescia went down.

Couple of good updates there mate I've just seen them :) I fudgin' love Lisandro Lopez the guy is clss on FM! Shame about Brescia though it was alwats going to be a tough task! Keep this going mate :)

Cheers mate! Yeah, Brescia was a challenge, we needed to beat Lecce and hope Chievo and Cesena lost on the last day. We were inning then with 5 mins left Lecce equalised...the Cesena and Chievomlost gaols and went behind. That was a real kick in the teeth. :p Yeah, i like Lopez too, playing him as a poacher works wonders! Will update on the group stages next ;)

I was going to look into signing him for Valencia but he's just joined Lyon sadly and would be outragous money to try and get and I'm trying to keep in the black :S, look forward to seeing the group stages mate :)

Yeah, that's a pity cos he's something else. At least you've got one of my subs in Ever Banega! :p I'm about to play Germany in match 3, so should be up soon.

I have him yes though he's injured :( haha! Look forward to your update mate, if you want a sig for this I'm happy to make you one :) I'll pop back in when your updates up!

Well, I've requested from Toxicflame already but I'll ask you if he misses it out or he forgets, thanks very much for the offer though.

Just a quick note to say congrats, you're story has been nominated for the Story of the Year competition
WHAT?! Are you sure you haven't got me mixed up with someone else?

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

attachment.php

Argentina storm to Last 16
Top of Group B with 3 wins from 3

Argentina-vs-South-Korea-World-Cup-2010-600x325.jpg

Gonzalo Higuain seals his hat-trick against South Korea

Argentina have blasted their way through to the second round of the World Cup, with wins over the USA (3-2). South Korea (5-0), and Germany (2-1). It featured hat-tricks from Lisandro Lopez against the USA and Higuain against South Korea.

Argentina opened thier account against the Americans with a 6th minute goal from Lopez. He doubled his tally after 22 minutes. The USA pulled one back through Michael Bradley on 36 minutes before Lopez made it 3 for La Albiceleste after converting from the spot. Maurice Edu of Rangers made it a nervy last 35 minutes for Argentina, who held on to win 3-2.

115048_crop_340x234.jpg

Things get worse for USA as Landon Donovan is sent-off

The game against South Korea started very well, Gonazlo Higuain scoring after 13 minutes. That turned out to be very unlucky for the Koreans, as Higuain got number 2 and 3 in the 21st and 31st minutes. It was four when Kun Aguero scored in the 39th minute, while Esteban Cambiasso scored on the other side of the half.

17argentina11-blogSpan.jpg

Higuain scores number 2

But the biggest challenge was yet to come. Germany.
But Argentina dominated the 3-time winners, and Lionel Messi scored after 20 minutes. Gonzalo Higuain (who else?!) made it two on 59 minutes. Lukas Podolski pulled one back after 76 minutes, but it was too late.

Argentina play Nigeria in the last 16.

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

attachment.php

Argentina need penalties to beat Nigeria
Super Eagles heartbreak after drama of shootout
OlympicsDay15FootballIWSvI2IdBoml.jpg

Argentina celebrate penalties victory

Argentina are lucky to still be in the FIFA World Cup today after narrowly scraping through their last 16 match with Nigeria. They went behind but equalised to take the game to extra-time then penalties. The pressure got to Nigeria, who lost.
Nigeria opened the scoring in the 50th minute with Ikechukwu Uche's goal. Argentina threw everything at Vincent Enyeam between the Nigerian sticks, but only managed to break thorugh in the 86th minute, thanks to Gonzalo Higuain, who now has 16 goals in 14 caps for Argentina.

17-06-2010-19-06-01_710370b.jpg

Uche scores the opener

It went to extra-time and Argentina had a chance, but Veron's shot went over. Uche nearly scored again for Nigeria, but hit the post.

Penalty kicks, and the first four penalties (from Messi, Taiwo, D. Milito and Ajilore) all went in. But Juan Sebastien Veron had his shot saved. Then Yakubu, Garay, Uche and Zarate all scored.

It was all down to Kalu Uche.

He scores, Nigeria win. He misses, sudden death.

Leo Franco saves it.

Gonzalo Higuain scored, putting all the pressure on Onyekachi Apam.

He misses.

Argentina go through, and they face the Ivory Coast, conquerors of Togo in the last round.

Another good update, and some good results in there too, specially Germany. Lets just hope you go all the way and bring home the cup :wub:

Cheers mate! Dissapointed with the performance vs Nigeri, but hopefully we can play better vs Ivory Coast! Will be tough, though, they beat Brazil 1-0 in the group stages...but also lost to Scotland there, so I don't know... :S

Cheers mate! Dissapointed with the performance vs Nigeri, but hopefully we can play better vs Ivory Coast! Will be tough, though, they beat Brazil 1-0 in the group stages...but also lost to Scotland there, so I don't know... :S

Hmm that sounds rather difficult based on that. Do you play attacking, controlling or what mate? Might be worth trying to play them on the counter, its not like you'll struggle doing that with the quality of your team....:S

I'm at the end, I'll update, I have played attacking all tournament so I've tried against them...Wait and see :D

Im expecting the cup mate so don't let me down :D

Lol, here comes my update...

Thanks, The Shots. I know, it actually scares me XD

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

attachment.php

Argentina leave it late...very late
3-1 win not as easy as it sounds

Gonzalo-Higuain-Scores.jpg

Higuain scores the third

Argentina left it very, very late to beat the Ivory Coast 3-1 in their World Cup quarter-final match. 10 man La Albiceleste beat the Elephants after extra-time in the most exciting match BBC Sports has seen this summer.
It had everything. Red cards, goals and lots of excitement.

It started with both sides having chances, but more for the Ivorians, before Argentina's Nicolas Burdisso was sent off for a professional foul in the 24th minute. Salamon Kalou scored in the 4th minute of injury time in the first half from the spot.

The second half saw Argentina throw everything at the Ivorians, but they didn't score until tyhe 91st minute, with Lisandro Lopez, his first goal since the group stages. They doubled their lead thanks to Lionel Messi in the 103rd minute. Gonzalo Higuain made it three in the 117th minute.

Gabriel Batistuta unleashed his hairdrier again at half-time, calling Higuain and Messi 'embarrassments'.

They went on to score.

FIFA's disciplinary board decided to extend Burdisso's ban to two matches, and incredibly harsh decision which means if Argentina get there, he will miss the final.

An exciting prospect, an Argentina vs England semi-final.

Don't miss it, Wednesday 7th July, on BBC One.

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

BTW, the winner of Argentina vs England will face SPAIN in the final.

Oooh.

Reeally good update and that's a very good win! Good luck against England, I hope you beat them :)

attachment.php

Argentina devastated at England defeat
2 late, late goals give Three Lions chance at WC glory

England+v+Croatia+-+FIFA+2010+World+Cup+Qualifier.jpeg

England celebrate Lampard's second

Argentina's World Cup campaign has come to a premature end, as they lost 4-1 to England. Two very late Frank Lamprd goals gave England the victory, and a chance at World Cup glory against Spain.
Joe Cole opened the scoring in the 36th minute. At half-time, Gabriel Batistuta again lambasted his team, questioning their passion. He told Gonzalo Higuain and Lisandro Lopez they could change the game. Lopez did.

He scored in the 47th minute, before Wayne Rooney reclaimed England's lead, with a goal that was clearly offside.

ArgentinavEngland.png

As you can see, as the ball is played, Rooney is in an offside position

Argentina threw everything at Joe Hart, but Frank Lampard scored in the 89th and 91st minutes to kill Argentina off.

The final twist of the knife came as the referee, Wolfgang Stark, refused to admit he was wrong, and refused to apologise to Gabriel Batistuta.

Batistuta was furious at the end.

"I'm absolutely fuming at the ref, I can't believe he allowed that England goal. That could cot me my job. I hope it costs him his."

"That said, I'm dissapointed, very dissapointed, with the performances of some players. I can safely say that Mauro Zarate will never play another game for Argentina, as long as I'm here. Neither will Gabi Milito. Or Ezequiel Lavezzi. They just don't care. They are a national disgrace."

"I believe we would have won this World Cup if Kun Aguero and Andres D'Allesandro wasn't injured. If Walter Samuel and Martin Demichelis weren't injured. If Nicolas Burdisso wasn't suspended."

"I'm sad to confirm that Juan Sebastien Veron has retired from professional football. I've been asked to say, on behalf of Estudiantes de la Plata, the AFA, the players and myself, thank you for all the years of hard work you gave to us."

Argentina play Croatia in the third-place play-off.

Really unlucky there mate, although I wanted England to win :p Lol. Still, I hope you beat Croatia in the 3rd place play-off. That is the very least you deserve! Well done on getting so far though.