attachment.php

Argentina take home bronze medal
Higuain also wins Golden Boot and Golden Ball

croatia_turkey_lose_595267p.jpg

Croatia's Corluka and Rakitic can't believe loss in third place match

As Argentina lick their wounds from the loss to England, they have at least taken third place in the World Cup, despite another unimpressive performance in a 2-1 victory.
For the fourth time in a row, Argentina's opposition took the lead, Niko Kranjcar scoring after 62 minutes. Argentina equalised in the 88th minute, Gonzalo Higuain scoring his 7th of the tournament, equalling Croatia's Ivica Olic's total. In the 94th minute, Lisandro Lopez scored, sealing an Argentine win and the bronze medal.

Gonzalo Higuain has also won the Golden Boot with seven goals. Ivica Olic also scored 7, but played more games than Higuain to get that total. Lisandro Lopez came third, scoring 6. Gonzalo Higuain was the only Argentine player in the Best 11, despite the fact Lisandro Lopez scored more goals and had a better average rating than Wayne Rooney, and so did Kun Aguero. There were 9 Englishmen in the best 11, despite the fact they all had pretty mediocre tournaments.

England beat Spain 2-1 in the final, Michael Owen scoring the winner in the 106th minute.

Carlos Bilardo had retired from football.

Gabriel Batistuta will keep his job at the Argentine national team, even though the AFA said they were dissapointed they only got to the semi-final. They say they hope Batistuta can 'repay their faith in him' with better future performances.

Argentina moved up one place in the World Rankings after the World Cup, to third. They are now behind Brazil in first and England in second.

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

Really unlucky there mate, although I wanted England to win :p Lol. Still, I hope you beat Croatia in the 3rd place play-off. That is the very least you deserve! Well done on getting so far though.

****, so I'd have had support if I played Spain? :p Cheers, mate, the AFA weren't as impressed though. :S

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

attachment.php

Exclusive - Argentina squad to face Wales
Batistuta to experiment with youngsters

4721_2171.jpg
17215_news.jpg

Left - Matias Suarez, Anderlecht Right - Federico Fazio, Sevilla

Gabriel Batistuta has announced his squad to face Wales at the Millenium Stadium, and he is going to experiment with the youngsters at his disposal.
Matias Suarez, Federico Fazio, Rodrigo Palacio and Nicolas Otamendi all got unexpected call-ups for the friendly in Cardiff, and they are all expected to play some part in the match.

Pablo Aimar, Sebastian Battaglia, Maxi Rodriguez and Lucho Gonzalez were all recalled after being left out of the World Cup squad through injury.

Batistuta stayed true to his word and has left Gabriel Milito, Mauro Zarate and Ezequiel Lavezzi out of the squad, as he promised after the match against England.

Batistuta has blamed the World Cup failure on injury. Kun Aguero, Andres D'Allesandro, Lucho Gonzalez (before the tournament), Angel di Maria and Martin Demichelis were all struck by injury.

This is a must-win game for Argentina, if they lose, even though it is a friendly, Batistuta could lose his job.

Well done mate great story keep it up. Unlucky against england :'(

Ahhh, S***, shame against England, you let me down for sure :'(! Only playing, good luck against Wales though :)

attachment.php

Wales seal historic win
Argentina thumped by plucky Welsh as situation gets worse

CraigBellamyWales_569237.jpg

Bellamy makes it three

Wales have shocked the football world as they beat the third placed team at the FIFA World Cup by 3 goals to 1 at the Millenium Stadium in Cardiff. Two goals from Craig Bellamy and one from Gareth Bale stunned Argentina as Gabriel Batistuta's standing in the AFA gets even worse.
Bellamy scored after just 6 minutes with a thumping effort following Federico Fazio's mistake. Gareth Bale made it two in the 10th minute before Lisandro Lopez pulled one back in the 13th minute. Bellamy got another in the 20th minute before Argentina toughened up at the back, but they didn't manage to score another.
Gabriel Batistuta was devastated at the end, and asked his assistant to attend the press conference afterwards. The assistant, Alejandro Mancusco, was made to eat some humble pie after saying that Argentina would have no problem containing Joe Ledley, who was Wales' second best player, behind Bellamy of course.

Argentina face Egypt in September, but will Batistuta be there?

Argentina's friendly with Egypt has been cancelled after clashing with Egypt's African Nations Cup qualifier with Mozambique.

Last edited:
Gees, mate, whats happening :O? I hope you keep going with this Its my current favourite :) things shall soon pick up :)

Great story. Unlucky at the World Cup, but you have a great young squad and should be able to challenge again next time.

And also the fact that you didn't win the World Cup makes the story better in a weird way, as it's not as predictable and it is more realistic. Keep it up.

Thanks, mate! I'm hoping I can get back on track, and soon, because my job security has fallen to 'insecure' after the Wales game. Thanks very much for the support, I love your story as well!

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

Amazing news! Despite losing to Wales, being in an 'insecure' position in my job and not playing since August, The September rankings show Argentina are top of the rankings! XD

Cheers pal. :D

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

attachment.php

Argentina stroll to victory over Bolivia
Four goal destruction of minnows lets Batigol off hook
2073814764-23062010102706.jpg

Javier Pastore, the hat-trick hero

Argentina got a vital win over Bolivia, which might just have saved Gabriel Batistuta's job. The four goal demolition of the minnows left Gabriel Batistuta beaming at the end.
With Lionel Messi, Kun Aguero, Angel di Maria, Gonzalo Higuain and Lisandro Lopez all pulled out of the squad by their clubs, Batistuta relied on young, untested players. And it worked very well.

Batistuta called up Oscar Ustari (GK), Diego Perotti (CM), Javier Pastore (AM), Nicolas Otamendi (CB), Mario Santana (RM), Mauro Boselli (ST) and Gonzalo Rodriguez (CB) for their first starts under the Argentina legend. He also recalled Rodrigo Palacio and Federico Fazio again.

The scoring was opened by Javier Pastore, who converted a penalty in the 7th minute. Pastore scored again in the 30th minute, after some fantastic work from Palacio. Pastore got his third in the 35th minute. They made it four after Javier Pastore played a short free-kick to Walter Samuel, catching the defenders out before Samuel blasted it into the net.

Argentina travel to Hampden next month (November) for another friendly match.

Good win mate, although it is Boliva its still a good scorline :)

Yeah, I'm just glad we're back on track and now my job status is back to 'secure'. :p
Will be harder against Bolivia in La Paz, they're incredibly difficult at home.

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

Toddzy especially, keep watching...you won't believe what just happened here.

........I'm ready and watching constantly hitting my F5 :O

attachment.php

Valencia unveil Batistuta as manager
Shock appointment stuns all at Mestalla

es-valencia.png

Manuel Llorente stunned the journalists twice today after sacking Unai Emery and then appointing Gabriel Batistuta just hours later.
Emery was sacked as boss as Valencia lay 16th in La Liga after ten games, just two points off the relegation zone. Batistuta said this morning he would be honoured if Manuel Llorente even considered him for the job, never mind if he hired him.

Batistuta said he is not nervous at all, after making such a big step in club management, from Brescia to Los Ches. He also said he would not resign as manager of Argentina, and would combine the two jobs.

Valencia also lie 3rd in their Europa League group, behind FC Copenhagen and Stuttgart, but 3 points ahead of Aris.

Batistuta's first match in charge is tomorrow, in the Copa del Rey against Lleida.

**NOTE**

I will update monthly on Valencia, but I will still update every game for Argentina.

Any feedback on this?

You copying mother Fudger :O haha! Nah good luck mate there a good team to go on IMO :D glad we have the same team, we can compare notes now haha! Feel free to use the kits I created for them if you want :), if you like them anyway!

I might just do that, mate, but there is a lack of harmony at the club, will be a massive challenge. :D

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

attachment.php

Batistuta at Valencia - what to expect
Batigol to bring in Argentine players

After being hired as the new manager of Valencia, Gabriel Batistuta will have a **** of a task on his hands.
The players have a lack of confidence, he has upset former captain Angel Dealbert by handing the armband to Roberto Soldado, and there are not enough quality players at the club.

So Batistuta will have to rely on the players there who are performing well, and on some youth.

Juan Manuel Mata - The Spanish winger is in great form this season, and he will have to keep it up if Valencia are to improve their standing in La Liga.
Aritz Adruiz - The strike partner of Roberto Soldado, he has done well so far, with 4 goals in 4 games and setting up some chances when he's been on.
Roberto Soldado - With 5 goals in 8 games, Soldado has been a shining light in the darkness of Valencia. He will be instrumental for Los Ches if they are going to get better.

Batistuta may also have his eye on some targets for January.

Javier Pastore - The Palermo midfielder has impressed in Sicily this year, and Batistuta has warmed to him after his hat-trick against Bolivia. With money to spend, don't be surprised to see Pastore rock up at Nuevo Mestalla in January.

Andres D'Allesandro - Antoher Argentinian who Batistuta could spend on. Consistently good for La Albiceleste, and with a small price tag, Batistuta might get him on loan with a view to a permanent move.

Sergiy Kryvtsov - The young Ukrainian could be the man to partner the Italian Andrea Barzagli in the centre of defence. With Dealbert and Lolo nowhere near good enough for Valencia, there will be a new centre-back at Nuevo Mestalla in January. It might be him.

Gregory van der Wiel - The Real Madrid defender is on the transfer list at the Bernabeu, but whether or not Valencia will cough up the cash is another question.

Wilson Palacios - Transfer listed at White Hart Lane, the Honduran could be playing in another white strip this winter.

Other possible targets include David Bentley, Juan Arango, Jermaine Beckford, Seydou Keita and Eyong Enoh.

I cant really give advice on signings as ive barely signed anyone :( But good luck with Valencia, I look forward to the update for it :)

attachment.php

Valencia score 6 in Batistuta debut
Minnows Lleida prove no match

439x.jpg

Soldado gets his fourth, and Valencia's fifth

Valencia produced a fantastic perfomance to put them through to the next round of the Copa del Rey after a 6-0 victory over minnows Lleida.
Four goals from striker Roberto Soldado helped Valencia on their way to victory.
Los Ches had to wait until the third minute of injury time in the first half before they scored, thanks to Aritz Adruiz. They got another on the other side of half-time, from Soldado. He got another three in the 77th, 86th and 89th minutes. Youngster Jordi Alba made it six in the 91st minute with a sublime volley.

When asked about Sodado's incredible performance, boss Gabriel Batistuta held his head in his hands and sighed.

He then said "If only he were born in Buenos Aires..."

Batistuta played a 4-4-2 diamond formation, with Ever Banega, who he knows from the national team, just in front of the defence, Joaquin and Jordi Alba on the wings and Juan Mata behind the strikers.

Valencia play Sporting Gijon on Saturday.

Thats a great win mate, 6-0! Im struggling at the moment to find something like that! Keep it up :)

Cheers, mate. Bout to update for October. Aris in the Europa Leaggue next, must win!

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

attachment.php

Valencia - October 2010 Review
Good start to Batistuta's reign

Valencia have performed well since Gabriel Batistuta arrived at Nuevo Mestalla, with 2 wins from 2.

Valencia 6-0 Lledia
Adruiz (45+3), Soldado (46, 77, 86, 88), Alba (90+1)

Valencia 1-0 Sporting Gijon
Soldado (90+4), + Banega, Mathieu, De Las Cuevas

That late win over Gijon has lifted Valencia to 12th position in La Liga.

One black mark on Valencia's month was when Miguel was given an official club warning for not turning up to training.

Valencia play Greek side Aris at home in the Europa League on Thursday.