Academica are doing quite good in mine 5th after 14 games

I just beat Porto 2-1 at home to end a run of 7 league games without a win, im currently 9th after 15 games with 18 points and im in January (still no funds) im out of Europa league finished 3rd in the group 1 point behind 2nd place ! We have links with Martimo so im trying to loan a young striker from their B team for no cost, im really determined to do well and im looking at your save as the benchmark!

I wouldn't class my save as the benchmark, I've started with the 5th Best team in the league (Arguably) who have a good youth academy which can make you decent money over the years.
Although I have over taken Braga, Benfica and Sporting CP consistently with constant 2nd places.
Winning 2 league cups and 1 National Cup as helped too.
However Academica already have a decent side (by this league Standards) those Standards are comparable to Winning a few League Cup and an FA Cup with Everton over a 5 year period.

Any advice on how to make money in Portugal? I've decided to take on Belenenses, and really want to build them from the ground up.

Luck plays a huge part, getting into the Champions League Group stage will transform your finances as you get 7 million, 7 million I got gave me a transfer budget of about 1.5 Million and good wage budget the next season enough to work with for sure.
If you have that star player worth 1 Million or more, if you get a decent offer for him I'd sell him, most Free Agents on the game are Quality players if you pick the right ones for your team.

So yeah, to make money get in the champions league, to get in the champions league be patient and keep playing its rare it happens in the first or second season.

Keep trying you will get there eventually!

Has anybody had any luck with Boavista? Im in my third season with them and got them into the 2nd tier but it was a fight to stay up last season. I only have a 9k wage budget.
Any suggestions?

Sorry I'm no help with Boavista, kudos for playing at that level and trying to bring Boavista back to glory.

Just started a season with Fafe, can only offer maybe 500 pounds for a key player. The game created a bunch of portuguese regens though to start (weird?). Picked up two who "could become decent First Division players", it's going to be a brutal first few seasons.

I wouldn't class my save as the benchmark, I've started with the 5th Best team in the league (Arguably) who have a good youth academy which can make you decent money over the years.
Although I have over taken Braga, Benfica and Sporting CP consistently with constant 2nd places.
Winning 2 league cups and 1 National Cup as helped too.
However Academica already have a decent side (by this league Standards) those Standards are comparable to Winning a few League Cup and an FA Cup with Everton over a 5 year period.

well im quite inconsistent but i think we can avoid relegation we are currently 10th 8 points off 15th have 2 signings coming in for free in summer 10 games left so its looking promising was given 1.1 mil in January negotiated it to 515k and 12k wage budget signed some trialists a scout and a striker on loan whos joining for free in summer they also agreed to update youth facilities(was much needed)

the fact you won cups and are competing with porto shows how far you have come

Last edited:
well im quite inconsistent but i think we can avoid relegation we are currently 10th 8 points off 15th have 2 signings coming in for free in summer 10 games left so its looking promising was given 1.1 mil in January negotiated it to 515k and 12k wage budget signed some trialists a scout and a striker on loan whos joining for free in summer they also agreed to update youth facilities(was much needed)

the fact you won cups and are competing with porto shows how far you have come
true, but bear in Academica have won the National Cup in real life, back in 2012 they won it.

Just got destroyed by Napoli in the champions league play off, so I never made the group stage this year no 7 million for me. Even though I finished 2nd I had to play in Champions League playoffs because Portugal lost a champions league place during my game. That was because FC Porto and Benfica sucked in Europe for the first few seasons of the game.

This is a disaster for the league, meaning only the Champions get automatic Champions League Group stage.
More incentive to FC Porto though :)
I think it will only make FC Porto pull away even further, as they will be the only team playing in the champions league getting possibly 10+ million per year from it.
FC Porto beat me 5-1 in the supertaca, that winger Quintero they have is terrifying.

true, but bear in Academica have won the National Cup in real life, back in 2012 they won it.

Just got destroyed by Napoli in the champions league play off, so I never made the group stage this year no 7 million for me. Even though I finished 2nd I had to play in Champions League playoffs because Portugal lost a champions league place during my game. That was because FC Porto and Benfica sucked in Europe for the first few seasons of the game.

This is a disaster for the league, meaning only the Champions get automatic Champions League Group stage.
More incentive to FC Porto though :)
I think it will only make FC Porto pull away even further, as they will be the only team playing in the champions league getting possibly 10+ million per year from it.
FC Porto beat me 5-1 in the supertaca, that winger Quintero they have is terrifying.

I cant buy a win so many inuries stupid mistakes there is 5 games left im 15th like 5 points off 10th and the manager who got them promoted in 04 is constantly criticising me in the media (hes unemployed coincidently )

I cant buy a win so many inuries stupid mistakes there is 5 games left im 15th like 5 points off 10th and the manager who got them promoted in 04 is constantly criticising me in the media (hes unemployed coincidently )

thats brutal, I would suggest playing more negative and play not to get to beat, I do that a lot when my team is not one of the strongest in the league.
However it seems like you need a few wins.

I think thats what id do in you situation though, is play negative, rigid, contain/defensive, hard tackling, counter attacking long ball etc.

thats brutal, I would suggest playing more negative and play not to get to beat, I do that a lot when my team is not one of the strongest in the league.
However it seems like you need a few wins.

I think thats what id do in you situation though, is play negative, rigid, contain/defensive, hard tackling, counter attacking long ball etc.

Thanks for the suggestions but I need a small miracle id say we will go down il play last few games tomorrow and post results here

Thanks for the suggestions but I need a small miracle id say we will go down il play last few games tomorrow and post results here

I've crashed out the Euro League Group stage, finishing 3rd behind Dnipro and Tel Aviv, all of us on 8 points but I got out on goal difference.
However I'm storming the league, 5 points clear of Vitor Guimaris and 7 points clear of FC Porto. :)
With no European games to distract me I might actually pull the title off this year

Ive made a mess of it relegated on the last day after losing to Vit Guimaris and got sacked im going to start again maybe with nacional de madeira or someone like that to try and break the dominance of the top 4

Ive made a mess of it relegated on the last day after losing to Vit Guimaris and got sacked im going to start again maybe with nacional de madeira or someone like that to try and break the dominance of the top 4

That's bad to hear, you might have made to hard with your team selection. Try a team with a better starting squad and a little more money. I was tempted with braga before I chose Academica.
Give Portugal another go, it's my favourite league to manage in. Only 30 games and the goal to break porto and benefica dominance

That's bad to hear, you might have made to hard with your team selection. Try a team with a better starting squad and a little more money. I was tempted with braga before I chose Academica.
Give Portugal another go, it's my favourite league to manage in. Only 30 games and the goal to break porto and benefica dominance
I really like it too I picked Martimo they had a minus wage budget but I adjusted the budgets terminated some loans, listed a player or two ive decided to get some staff in which I didn't do in the last save im also going to take my time and not just try and finish the first season as quick as possible
...How's your current season going?

I really like it too I picked Martimo they had a minus wage budget but I adjusted the budgets terminated some loans, listed a player or two ive decided to get some staff in which I didn't do in the last save im also going to take my time and not just try and finish the first season as quick as possible
...How's your current season going?

I've been Maritimo before, on Fm2013 kept them about 5th/6th for about 4 years before moving to Real Betis. They have a decent squad good luck

I think I'm gonna do it, 5 games left and im 10 points clear, only a disaster will stop me getting that title. I'm also in League Cup Final and Taca De Portugal Semi. Everyone else seemed to roll over in cup games???
I'll post season results soon

I've been Maritimo before, on Fm2013 kept them about 5th/6th for about 4 years before moving to Real Betis. They have a decent squad good luck

I think I'm gonna do it, 5 games left and im 10 points clear, only a disaster will stop me getting that title. I'm also in League Cup Final and Taca De Portugal Semi. Everyone else seemed to roll over in cup games???
I'll post season results soon

That's great I believe you can do the treble!! ive made some good signings both staff and players so far need to continue, I sold my left back ruben who was also one of my best players to sporting Lisbon for 1.2mil

That's great I believe you can do the treble!! ive made some good signings both staff and players so far need to continue, I sold my left back ruben who was also one of my best players to sporting Lisbon for 1.2mil
yeah good move that, post me a pic of your sqaud going into the season....

Do you use the Director of football, I do I him find players and bid for them , but i finalize them, its great for help finding players

Do you use the Director of football, I do I him find players and bid for them , but i finalize them, its great for help finding players

I will I have 2 friendlies to play first when I have them played just letting you know the players I signed will be on the bench as Martimo have a surprisingly strong team signed a lot of staff

View attachment 417106
Finally I've done it, so happy first time Ive ever done this on Football Manager :))))
Got beat 5-1 in league cup final as I rested several players to target the title.
Got Nacional De Maderia in the final now to make it an impressive double

View attachment 506473
Finally I've done it, so happy first time Ive ever done this on Football Manager :))))
Got beat 5-1 in league cup final as I rested several players to target the title.
Got Nacional De Maderia in the final now to make it an impressive double

In thehig we trust ... Martimo aren't there I hope its not a sign of whats to come congratulations on this fantastic achievement can I see a screenshot of the squad that done the job?