In thehig we trust ... Martimo aren't there I hope its not a sign of whats to come congratulations on this fantastic achievement can I see a screenshot of the squad that done the job?

thats the team minus Stefan Jovetic who went back to Man City after his loan spell, Thorgan Hazard Edens Brother was a good little player getting me a fair few goals.
Rui Furtado is a player from my academy who is 19 now, a decent player and played all season in the first team. Thomas Vermalean and Stefano Ferraro were monsters at the back, only times I dropped points was when one of them was missing and the young Carlos Carrico or Jose Silva my Academy players filled in.

Looking to next season I have no money to spend, I spent it all last season and no champions league Football last year means I didnt generate any extra funds.
So its the same squad again, I'm worried that Vermalean, Qauresma Guberti and ferraro are old, all past 33 now. Jan Mucha is also gonna be 36 soon.
I cant add anything to the team this season, but because I won the title I'll get that 7 million for entering the champions league group stage.
I might get Jovetic permanent hes a free agent now

Last edited:
That won't work, I've screwed my game files up trying to add a skin so in the premiership for example teams don't even have any logo.
I'd have to reinstall my game

thats the team minus Stefan Jovetic who went back to Man City after his loan spell, Thorgan Hazard Edens Brother was a good little player getting me a fair few goals.
Rui Furtado is a player from my academy who is 19 now, a decent player and played all season in the first team. Thomas Vermalean and Stefano Ferraro were monsters at the back, only times I dropped points was when one of them was missing and the young Carlos Carrico or Jose Silva my Academy players filled in.

Looking to next season I have no money to spend, I spent it all last season and no champions league Football last year means I didnt generate any extra funds.
So its the same squad again, I'm worried that Vermalean, Qauresma Guberti and ferraro are old, all past 33 now. Jan Mucha is also gonna be 36 soon.
I cant add anything to the team this season, but because I won the title I'll get that 7 million for entering the champions league group stage.
I might get Jovetic permanent hes a free agent now

The teams very impressive Jovetic would be an incredible signing full time il try and post a screenshot of my team now but not letting me upload

I don't know if you wil be able to view it, I will try and sell Dias he wont enter contract negotiations

Last edited:
That won't work, I've screwed my game files up trying to add a skin so in the premiership for example teams don't even have any logo.
I'd have to reinstall my game

Shame, makes my Belenenses team look far better than they are...

Think I'm going to go into administration by the end of my first season :( not my fault, since we started at around -900,000 pounds. A pre-season friendly in singapore (that I was unable to cancel) cost 250,000 in travel expenses. And for the sake of getting rid of deadwood staff at half the amount they would have ended up costing the club over two years means im firmly in the plop.

I'm 600k in the red myself, high wages of jovetic quaresma hazard guberti mucha and ferrario make my seasons finances a loss if I don't make champions league.There really is no money in Portugal only way to make serious money is get in champions league. Or get lucky and have a few youth players that become a decent player and can be sold

This season not going as well, the board now want no less than a title win, Fc Porto have been near invincible this season so far and are not showing signs of slowing.
I have had to grind results out as I've had to alter my tactics a fair bit to accommodate the older legs in Qauresma, Guberti who still play vital attacking roles.
I used to try to dominate possession and and press high up pitch hassling opponents.
Now I stand off opponents to maintain shape and play quick direct attacking football down the flanks, as players like Hazard, Agra, Qauresma and Guberti make my wings the strongest part of my team.
Jovetic plays the false nine role to create more space for wingers to drift into.

This tactic has worked well for most games, I got beat by Porto at their ground, and had 3 draws to start the season while tinkering.
If I dont win the title again this year I'll consider moving to another club, this is as far as I can take them I think, theres just not enough money to make any impact in europe (excluding one fluke season) normally I'm noticeably outclassed in Champions League games and most Europa League.

Sp yeah, end of season comes I might move on after 6 years service.

Last edited:
This season not going as well, the board now want no less than a title win, Fc Porto have been near invincible this season so far and are not showing signs of slowing.
I have had to grind results out as I've had to alter my tactics a fair bit to accommodate the older legs in Qauresma, Guberti who still play vital attacking roles.
I used to try to dominate possession and and press high up pitch hassling opponents.
Now I stand off opponents to maintain shape and play quick direct attacking football down the flanks, as players like Hazard, Agra, Qauresma and Guberti make my wings the strongest part of my team.
Jovetic plays the false nine role to create more space for wingers to drift into.

This tactic has worked well for most games, I got beat by Porto at their ground, and had 3 draws to start the season while tinkering.
If I dont win the title again this year I'll consider moving to another club, this is as far as I can take them I think, theres just not enough money to make any impact in europe (excluding one fluke season) normally I'm noticeably outclassed in Champions League games and most Europa League.

Clear the cache and reload your skin for the logos!

aww noo well your doing better than I am with Martimo I score lots but concede way to many im sure you will succeed wherever you go but I hope you stay

Which club would you say is the biggest outside the top 4?

Estoril, although theres not much in it between them and the likes of Academica and Maritimo. Even Pacos Ferriria finished 3rd last season in real life.

Clear the cache and reload your skin for the logos!

Already done that, I've had logos on every football manager but on 204 they have never worked

By offering out some of my players to agents at greater than 50% of their value for 50% ownership, and making a few sales, I've been able to claw my way back from -?2mil in just one off-season/pre-season period :)

View attachment 415913

9 players in/32 players out (including free transfers and loans).
Cut my wage budget in the process by ?2,000 per week. (i.e. saving me 100k a year, which for a club my size is a lot)

I think I might just be getting the hang of this Portugal lark. Now time to aim for the top half of the table.

Last edited:
By offering out some of my players to agents at greater than 50% of their value for 50% ownership, and making a few sales, I've been able to claw my way back from -?2mil in just one off-season/pre-season period :)

View attachment 509308

9 players in/32 players out (including free transfers and loans).
Cut my wage budget in the process by ?2,000 per week. (i.e. saving me 100k a year, which for a club my size is a lot)

I think I might just be getting the hang of this Portugal lark. Now time to aim for the top half of the table.
Thats excellent, I've not had a brillaint season with Academica this year.

It looks like FCP will retain the title, there too far ahead now, I'm out the National, League and all european cups.
On top of these I've lost a LOT of money this season, so in Janaury I had to act to stop my debt holding the club back.

I sold Thomas Vermealean, Thorgan Hazard, Salvador Agra, Andre Gomes....all my top earners (Excluding Jovetic) all earn close to 20k, paying those wages in Portugal is just not viable, unless you often make the later stages of the Champions League.
In my case I've never made it past the group stage, I consider making the group stage an achievement, I normally fail in a qaulfier when drawn against a strong team like Napoli for example.

Selling my 4 highest earners and getting some decent fees ( about 15 million for them all) has put me back into the black and lowered my wage cost, I think I've cut enough costs so that I'm not loosing over 1 milllion per month.

However naturally this has weakened my side, I done all this towards the end of the window and didn't have time to find replacements.
So my form has suffered and its cost me the title, roll on my 7th year.

Lesson I have learned is even if you can pay high wages for good players, In Portugal its still best to ***** if its worth it, more often than not its not worth it.
Anyway good news is I'm staying with Academcia for the future, I'm excited about rebuilding another title winning side.

Thats excellent, I've not had a brilliant season with Academica this year.

...I sold Thomas Vermaelen, Thorgan Hazard, Salvador Agra, Andre Gomes....all my top earners (Excluding Jovetic) all earn close to 20k, paying those wages in Portugal is just not viable, unless you often make the later stages of the Champions League...

...I'm not loosing over 1 million per month...

...Anyway good news is I'm staying with Academica for the future, I'm excited about rebuilding another title winning side.

Pleased to see you're staying with Aca, and hope you can make that group stage! In theory being a recent title winner means better players will want to join your club for less money, but as you say its all about picking the best you can at the lowest wage.

To put those wages in context, my weekly wage budget is 26k (adjusted to 29k to stop my DoF bidding for players), of which I'm spending 22k.

Doing alright 5 games into my second season.

View attachment 415822Considering I have the lowest spend in the league...
View attachment 415821...not doing badly at all, although kudos to Olhanense, who have gone from being relegation scrappers (14th last season) to overachievers!
View attachment 415820That said, I have managed to get 2 points out of a possible 9 so far against the "big four", keeping a clean sheet against Porto and getting a late equaliser against Benfica :)
View attachment 415819On top of that, TV money is keeping my finances in the black, a decent run in the cups could mean I make a small profit this year.
View attachment 415817Trying not to make any substitutions/drop players, until someone gets injured or their form completely drops off the charts. My loan acquisitions from some of my parent clubs (Inter, PSG, Real Sociedad and Valancia) have added quality and competition at no cost whatsoever!

As an example of having to search to get good players on lower wages, my captain, who is bar far my best player, is on 1,400 p/week.

View attachment 415815

I think after another season or so I may be able to start targeting a Euro Cup place (although I'm not looking forward to the travel costs that come with it).

If I can't remain competitive with The Blues, then I may have to take on the challenge of Academica, Maritimo or Nacional as they seem to have the potential to nick that last Champions league spot with some work.

(Sorry for the long post

Last edited:
just read through and i wonna say you've done amazing with them, well done with all the success.

shame you had to sell your main players due to lack of money but as the saying goes no player is worth more than the club, and some times you have to make some hard decisions,

hopfuly you'll be able to rebuild a new winning team with them and have better younger players.

good luck for the future mate

Mking great stuff that keep.me updated I love seeing people's progress or lack of in Portugal. Believe me for all my successes with academica I've had several games ending in the sack.
I'll post my per annum screen shot too see were I am in the league now

Finished 2nd, although I ended up pushing FCporto much closer than I thought I would, Qauresma has retired this season too, couldnt find a replacement my team are much weaker this season.

To be fair, readjusting your squad and only missing out on the title by 2 points (which was you drawing a game rather than winning it, compared to Porto) is a great result.
Have Portugal got their group stage slot back yet in your save?

No, so finishing 2nd gets you into the playoffs not group stage still. I was disappointed with not winning a trophy too as I failed in the national and league cups. Also another poor outing in Europe.
That season I had all my star players until the end of January, it's this season coming I'm much weaker and will be a transitional season.

Although this is football manager and the game does not understand things like this, if I fall to low in the league I still risk the sack.