:( I think you may get one of those awful seasons where the board constantly set you points targets.

I am tiring of Portugal, as my attention span for most clubs does not last longer than a season and a half really, unless I completely fall in love with them (as I did with Wrexham, from FM11 to present). My relationship with the board has really broken down, and I've been looking at opportunities abroad. Unless something magical happens, I may have to end my affair with the boys from Restelo. :(

View attachment 415354View attachment 415353

I will definitely return to Portugal in the future, unfinished business with cracking that league. But perhaps it will be well into the future when Portuguese regens start showing some real potential.

Good luck with Academica though! I will still be following your progress :)

Last edited:
View attachment 510488View attachment 510490

I will definitely return to Portugal in the future, unfinished business with cracking that league. But perhaps it will be well into the future when Portuguese regens start showing some real potential.

Good luck with Academica though! I will still be following your progress :)

How did you finsish the season in Portugal ?

I'm staying with Academica closing onto 10 years service, I've had offers from AC Milan, Liverpool, Celta, Everton, and Espanyol.
I've not been tempted away yet, although I gae AC Milan some thought

I didn't, but my board would no longer budge on anything and I began to realise I had taken Bele as far as I could without magically making the CL group stage or getting a sugar daddy takeover. I left them in 8/9th position with a good squad so I don't feel I've done them a disservice by going to HSV.

I do however continue to be thrown challenges by FM14 as I am tasked with cutting my wage bill...by 200k p/w!

View attachment 415288View attachment 415287 The obvious thing to do would be to offload VDVaart, but he is instrumental to how we play and I don't think there are many clubs who would match his wages considering he's 31 years old. I would probably have to pay a large percentage until the end of his contract, so it makes more sense to just keep him.

I left the Martimo save I was in November I was 7th but I had started using someone elses tactic which is why I was not in relegation zone I started with estoril and using one of my tactics I lost Europa league playoff but im focused on the league I have 4 points from 2 games I should have won both but drew 3-3 away to Oldhanense and won 2-1 at home to Vit.Setubal I will probably get relegated im targeting 34 points I think id be safe with that and board want me to avoid relegation so im focusing fully on that but ive already picked up a few injuries to key players thankfully only a month or so

Last edited:
Wow I got so lucky with my game eh, it, it is why I'm still at academica in 2020 I know there's another title there for me.
Might even be this season, despite being transitional I'm about were I normally am at the half way stage, that's roughly the same points ad fc porto.
I still make a significant monthly loss in $$$ , so jovetic will be moved on at end of season.
He's 30 now and is injured more than he's fit, he's by far my highest paid player he's not worth it.

Wow I got so lucky with my game eh, it, it is why I'm still at academica in 2020 I know there's another title there for me.
Might even be this season, despite being transitional I'm about were I normally am at the half way stage, that's roughly the same points ad fc porto.
I still make a significant monthly loss in $$$ , so jovetic will be moved on at end of season.
He's 30 now and is injured more than he's fit, he's by far my highest paid player he's not worth it.

Well il try my best to stick with Estoril but the furthest ive gone with a save before being sacked or getting bored was jan 2nd season with inter I have a guy on 8.25k a week at Estoril in last year of his contract and nobody wants him ... he wont even be in the first 11

Just beat Benfica 2-1 at home after going down after 5 minutes

Could I see some ss of you best players to come through your academy and their history? and a ss of transfer history for this season congratulations on getting out of the group stage fantastic achievement !!

Just conceded an 88th minute equaliser at home to sporting Lisbon :( I have 11 points from 10 games cant seem to win at the minute have drawn my last 4 I think but before that I had lost 3 in a row im in the 5th round of the taca de Portugal

I'll post some screens of a few academy players when I get home later.
I finished 4th that season in the end, missing on champions league and having half my team sulk because they think the team underachieved

Still using the same tactic I used for Bele in Portugal, currently 2nd and 5 points behind Bayern in my first full season at Hamburg.
Guess I've got another form of league domination to break!

View attachment 413373

Still using the same tactic I used for Bele in Portugal, currently 2nd and 5 points behind Bayern in my first full season at Hamburg.
Guess I've got another form of league domination to break!

View attachment 514957

yeah it looks similar to Potugal that, might be harder because of how dam good bayern are.

I've decided to leave my Academica game there, Lost 6 out 8 league games to start the 2021/2022 season, and also I want to start again with new patch.
I've got the new game underway I started unemployed and ended up getting the Job at Maccabi Haifia (Israel)
I'm gonna post my progress in the FM stories thread.

Didnt know this thread was closed or how that happened, apparently i done it, didnt know there was administrative tools for threads we create.