Limerick FC the 4th - This is Not A Joke

coolmcool

Reaction score
Limerick FC

View attachment 305153

Guess whos back, back again, My Limerick story of course! I felt like i was losing interest in my Nottm Forest story and it hasnt really hit it off anyway so i thought i would go back to my roots of FM and have another go as Limerick a team i have had 3 previous stories with before, hope you will all enjoy.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...ries/147320-limerick-fc-return-greatness.html
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...ies/162297-limerick-fc-not-joke-part-2-a.html
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...ager-stories/124712-limerick-fc-not-joke.html

Yes! Was a silent follower of your other ones so I'm glad it's coming back for Part 4! :D

Ah yes! Another LOI story - i'm running a Finn Harps one at the minute - got promoted second season after missing out in play offs! Will follow this and best of luck!

Ah yes! Another LOI story - i'm running a Finn Harps one at the minute - got promoted second season after missing out in play offs! Will follow this and best of luck!
Cool man, Finn Harps were my main rivals in my first season as Limerick a couple of years back and have always been a ****** of a side to beat. is Curtis or Mchugh still their?

Cool man, Finn Harps were my main rivals in my first season as Limerick a couple of years back and have always been a ****** of a side to beat. is Curtis or Mchugh still their?

McHugh was there for the first season but he was like 34 or 35 so i let him go at the end of the season. **** of a target man

McHugh was there for the first season but he was like 34 or 35 so i let him go at the end of the season. **** of a target man
I remember him being a pain in the ****, On my previous saves i have had some amazing youth players come through so thats my hope for this one and done well in the Champions League, i will check out your story tonight

Limerick FC

View attachment 305086

Jan/Feb 2014

So my season expectations consist of a top half finish which is top 6 out of 12 teams so it could be harder than it sounds. I would like to get some Europa League qualifying football for next season which needs a top 4 finish.

View attachment 305083

I brought in a couple of new signings, an AMC i have bought before and a RB who is quite old but much better than the rest of my options. I also have a new GK coming in the summer as my one is retiring at the end of the season, they were all free transfers.

View attachment 305081View attachment 305080

Were only predicted 8th place by the media out of 12 teams

View attachment 305079

A Massive 460 Season Tickets Sold

View attachment 305078

Limerick

View attachment 305077

March 2014

My supposed best starting 11 and tactic for the new season but it means little at this early stage of the season as im liking to tweak and move things round a lot.

View attachment 305076

March Results

View attachment 305075

Well it was a very busy first month as we played a staggering 8 games in the opening month and it went well despite not really knowing the tactics or players, we won both of our cup games.
We started the league season poorly with a loss to holders St Pats before going on an impressive 5 game unbeaten run in the league with 3 wins and 2 draws to end the month.

League Table and Player Stats

View attachment 305074

All the way up in 3rd place at the moment with top of the table Dundalk up next.​

Good to see this again.
Are you going to alternate between this and nottingham forest?

Good to see this again.
Are you going to alternate between this and nottingham forest?
Yeah when i get tired of no money and players i have never heard of i will swap it for Nottm Forest for a bit but im starting to lose interest in that save due to no money

Limerick FC

View attachment 305002

April 2014

Rainsford Out For 3 Months

View attachment 305001

April Results

View attachment 305000

So the big result was at the end of the month were we beat Cork City our main rivals in the Munster Senior Cup and have all but secured my trophy with an easy Final waiting. We played 5 times in the league winning 2 games and drawing 1 whilst we lost twice but to Dundalk and Sligo Rovers who are Title Contenders.

Limerick To Play Fermoy In Final

View attachment 304992

View attachment 304991

Sitting pretty in 5th place with 16 year old McSweeney on fire!

View attachment 304987

Hands down my favourite save, read for the last 2 games and loved them both! Always followed alongside you with my athlone save so might have to get it started now you have

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hands down my favourite save, read for the last 2 games and loved them both! Always followed alongside you with my athlone save so might have to get it started now you have

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks mate, im really enjoying being back at Limerick managed to smash out over half the season last night something i rarely do!

Limerick FC

View attachment 304900

May 2014

May Results

View attachment 304899

It was not a good month for us in the Cups, we lost to local rivals Cork City in the League Cup before having a shocker against lowly St Mary's.
We lost our opening game of the month in the league but soon got back on track with 3 decent wins in a row including beating St Pat's a top team we lost to earlier on in the season.

View attachment 304898

Up in 4th place at the moment and already almost halfway through the season i think the league starts to show your real standings. We should be able to secure a top 6 finish with Shamrock Rovers in 7th already 8 points behind us.

Best Player - Sam Oji

View attachment 304897

Limerick FC

View attachment 304896

June 2014

Munster Senior Cup Final V Fermoy

View attachment 304895

An easy victory as we win our first Cup of my Limerick Career with 16 year old McSweeney grabbing a hattrick.

McSweeney and Whitehead Injured

View attachment 304894View attachment 304893

Typical that we didnt really pick up any injuries in the last few months when we had a ton of games but as soon as we have a few weeks off its injuries galore.

McSweeney Signs Pre-Contract

View attachment 304892

Young GK Signed

View attachment 304891

June Results

View attachment 304890

So along with the big Cup win we beat Bray Wanderers in the league before having around a month off.

View attachment 304889

Flying high in the top 3 and with two players in the Top 4 Goalscorers in the league my debut season couldnt be going much better.​

Last edited:
Limerick FC

View attachment 304888

July 2014

July Results

View attachment 304887

It was a tough month with our Top Goalscorer out injured we lost to Shamrock Rovers at the start of the month before beating local rivals Cork City in our next game, we then as expected lost to Sligo Rovers before struggling to draw against Bohemians. We ended the month well though with a comfortable win over UCD.

View attachment 304886

Very happy with being in 4th place but were not guaranteed a Europa League spot in 4th as it depends on the Cup Winners but were only 1 point off 2nd place at the moment.

Best Player - Rory Gaffney

View attachment 304885

Limerick

View attachment 304858

August 2014

August Results

View attachment 304857

So with all the cup competitions over for us this year its all about the league and we hit a bit of a topsy turvy form first off managing a draw with Dery before beating St Pat's again the current league holders and then beating Athlone.
We then ended the month with a loss to Dundalk a narrow win over Bray Wanderers and then getting thumped by Shamrock Rovers.

View attachment 304856

4th place with 6 games to go and im desperate to hang on in their and confirm a place in the Europa League qualifiers, we could still get 4th and not get European Football depending on who wins the Cups so 3rd should be our aim for the last few matches.

Best Player Shane Tracy

View attachment 304854

**** yeah!!! So glad to see this save back, im having a lot more fun doing lower league managing this year on 15. On my Horsham save we're rocking with 50 season ticket holders and thats after back to back promotions to the Vanarama Conference South!!