Limerick FC the 4th - This is Not A Joke

Limerick

View attachment 303545

July 2015

Europa League 1st Qualifying rnd

View attachment 303543View attachment 303542

A couple of comfortable wins to get our European adventure of to an amazing win as we smash them 7-1 which includes an 80k win bonus for each game.

View attachment 303540

Sturm Graz Up Next

View attachment 303539

Europa League 2nd Qualifying Rnd

View attachment 303538View attachment 303537

So we lost the 1st leg away from home but the two away goals proved to be vital as we beat them easily back on our home turf with my youngsters in fine form to help us through.

Limerick Draw Genk In 3rd Qualifying Rnd

View attachment 303536

1st Leg

View attachment 303535

Not a bad result away from home to pick up a decent draw and get an away goal in a game where we dominated possession but little in the way of proper chances.

In between all of those European games we actually had some league games to play too.

View attachment 303534

It wasnt terrible in the league but we did have a surprise loss to Galway but also won 3 league games and drew with Shamrock Rovers.

League Table and Player Stats

View attachment 303533

Still equal with Sligo Rovers on everything and i would like to think that a top 2 finish is guaranteed.​

Limerick FC

View attachment 303131

August 2015

Europa League 3rd Qualifying Rnd

2nd Leg V Genk

View attachment 303126

Well we never really looked like winning this match but centre back Folan getting sent off before half time certainly didnt help, Oh well thats the European adventure over for this season but im sure we will be back and even better next year.

August Results

View attachment 303125

Either side of the Genk loss we managed to pick up 3 important league wins in a row before suffering a 1-0 defeat to Bohemians who literally scored the latest ever goal in the history of the world. We then beat St Pat's with McSweeney grabbing a hattrick before being held to a 2-2 draw against our main league rivals Sligo Rovers.

View attachment 303124

4 points clear with only 6 games to go as Sligo Rovers slip up in a couple of games where they could only manage draws instead of wins like us.​

Limerick FC

View attachment 303123

September 2015

A couple of decent players from the youth intake, the CM should be useful but its annoying that 2 year in a row we have got LB's that could be good!

View attachment 303122View attachment 303121

September Results

View attachment 303120

Looks like we are trying to throw the title away with a thrashing handed out by Shamrock Rovers and poor draws against Dundalk and Galway and our only win of the month was against Longford Town.

View attachment 303119

Despite that poor month Sligo Rovers didnt do much better and were still some how 3 points clear at the top of the table with 3 games to go.​

Still drives me mad that your Limerick Stories are in Thomand Park since we've moved back to the Market Fields :p
My one huge criticism of SI is that they're yet to put that into the SI database. Still, only a minor gripe :p

Gratz on the league title. Gaffney looks like he had a solid season; finishing with 16.
Maher looks like a nice, solid regen. Good Determination, N.Fitness adn work rate so he'll be able for the Irish league no bother.

Still drives me mad that your Limerick Stories are in Thomand Park since we've moved back to the Market Fields :p
My one huge criticism of SI is that they're yet to put that into the SI database. Still, only a minor gripe :p

Gratz on the league title. Gaffney looks like he had a solid season; finishing with 16.
Maher looks like a nice, solid regen. Good Determination, N.Fitness adn work rate so he'll be able for the Irish league no bother.
Gaffney has been brilliant especially as he mainly plays out on the wing so McSweeney can play up top, Ive only the one player over the age of 30 so the youth team is definitely the key to any success i hope to have. thanks for reading
Hmmmm.. Is this new Maher related to Thomas Maher :p
I can only hope! Along with Gareth Maher the decent prospect i have got two more youngsters who are rubbish called Mike Maher and Craig Maher.

Limerick

View attachment 302726

October 2015 - End Of Season

Squad In Order Of Most Apps

View attachment 302725

Top Goalscorer - Rory Gaffney - 21 Goals

View attachment 302724

Best Player - Jack Doherty

View attachment 302723

14 goals and 20 assists along with being a mainstay in the Ireland Under 21 team.

Best Young Player - Sean McSweeney

View attachment 302722

17 goals and 10 assists in 28 games, hes a regular in the Ireland Under 19's and has been picked for the Under 21's more recently.

Lynch Wins Young Player of the Year

View attachment 302720

4 Limerick Players In Team of the Year

View attachment 302719

Limerick Best Eleven Announced

View attachment 302718

Limerick Named Overachievers Of The Year

View attachment 302715

Limerick

View attachment 302551

January 2016
Winter Transfer Window

Season Expectations

View attachment 302550

I could have gone as low as mid table finish but after winning the league last season the least i expect is a title challenge this year, it gives me a big wage budget but our finances are still heavily in the red at the moment so i wont be splashing the cash just yet, Hopefully just playing in the Champions League Qualifiers will get us out of debt.

Players Out

So a few bit part players left in the likes of Ndo, and Walsh whilst Sexton who was our Number 1 also left on a free transfer, the big talking point though was Panathinaikos activating Prince Agyemang's 350k release clause which was a shock as his value was less than half of that.
I was sad to see him go but he is replaceable compared to some of my other first teamers and hes wiped out half our debt in one swoop.

Players In

So i brought in 3 players which included a new GK who looks much better than our previous keepers, a young prospect who i have had in previous Limerick saves and Foran a centre back who will slot straight into the first team.

View attachment 302547View attachment 302545View attachment 302544

Transfer History

View attachment 302543

Wow that wage budget! Even if you don't use it now, after the money from the champions league you'll be able to add some real quality

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Limerick

View attachment 302540

Feb/March 2016

League Title Odds

View attachment 302537

So were predicted only finish 5th next season despite just winning the ****** thing! I was expecting it to be Sligo, Dundalk and then us not 5th!

Ticket Sales Soar Since Title Win

View attachment 302536

Starting 11 and Tactic For New Season

View attachment 302535

Youth intake players O'Flynn and Maher will be getting some serious game time this season as i look to create my own superstars.

Feb/March Results

View attachment 302533

It was a lot of games this month as we debut in the All Ireland Cup, these couple of months felt worse than they probably were as we lost and drew quite a few games but some where in the cups which we still managed to go through while our league form suffered after playing so many tough cup games in such a short period of time. The depth of my squad is going to be tested this season for sure.

View attachment 302530

Down in 5th place but were not far off the top at this early stage of the season with Galway looking the surprise package with 3 wins on the bounce.​

Wow that wage budget! Even if you don't use it now, after the money from the champions league you'll be able to add some real quality

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah it was an impressive amount for so early on in the story for me, I could have bought an amazing striker but i didnt want to break the £1000 a week mark yet as i feel we should be able to get by a couple more seasons before spending big money.

Limerick

View attachment 302505

April 2016

So not only did my new keeper get injured but so did my new centre back ******!

View attachment 302503

April Results

View attachment 302502

So first off we made the All Ireland Cup Final after a couple of draws against Dundalk before beating them on penalties. We then went on a decent unbeaten run with 5 wins and 2 draws in the league after an indifferent start to our Title defense.

View attachment 302497

Thats more like it as we fly up to second place and are now just 2 points behind Sligo Rovers in top spot but they do have a game in hand on us. With the All Ireland Cup all but over now we will have a bit of breathing space between fixtures again hopefully.​

Limerick

View attachment 302408

May 2016

All Ireland Cup Final Against St Pat's Is My 100th Game With Limerick

View attachment 302407

All Ireland Cup Final

View attachment 302406

It was an easy win really as we went 2-0 up early on before they scored a goal with 10 minutes to go to set up a nervy end but we managed to net twice more and win the biggest Cup in the Clubs History.

May Results
View attachment 302405

Well it was almost the perfect month with just the Dundalk draw at the end of the month stopping our 100% record. We progressed well in the other cup competitions whilst its all been about Gaffney and Mann up top with McSweeney really struggling for goals at the moment.
So along with making it into the next round in 3 cup competitions we also won 3 out of 4 league matches.

View attachment 302404

So were just 2 points off the top spot from Sligo Rovers at around the halfway stage of the league season. Ive barely been looking at the league with so many cup matches going on at the moment, Ireland must be one of the countries you can win the most cups in one season, 5 domestic competitions and Europe

Congrats on the League! Maher does look like a nice regen so be interesting to see how he develops!

Great league win, and looking strong again this year!

YES YES LIMERICK haha finaly it's here.

Guess seasons goes Quick as it had onley 12 teams