Limerick FC the 4th - This is Not A Joke

**** yeah!!! So glad to see this save back, im having a lot more fun doing lower league managing this year on 15. On my Horsham save we're rocking with 50 season ticket holders and thats after back to back promotions to the Vanarama Conference South!!
Thats brilliant mate, i definitely have an affinity for Limerick now so it feels good to be back, ive done more updates on the save in the past day or so than i had in the previous month on my last save.

Limerick

View attachment 304568

September 2014

September Results

View attachment 304567

Good wins against Drogheda and Bohemians whilst im happy with the 2-2 draw against Dundalk too, It was nice to McSweeney score a late goal against Drogheda on his comeback after a couple of months out.

League Table and Results

View attachment 304566

3rd place and an amazing first season were we will get European football is all but secure as were several points away from 2nd place and 4th place with 3 tough games to go.

Sign New 1 Year Deal

View attachment 304565

Limerick FC

View attachment 304526

October 2014

October Results

View attachment 304525

It wasnt the good end to the season i was hoping for but it didnt affect us, we started off with a bore draw against local rivals Cork City before getting smashed by Sligo Rovers. We did end the season on a high with a 3-0 where McSweeney grabbed a couple of good goals and our 2 standouts from the youth intake made their debuts.

League Table and Player Stats

View attachment 304524

So we were predicted to finish 8th place but managed to to the near impossible and get 3rd place and the last Europa League qualifier spot.

Limerick In Europe

View attachment 304523

Superb achievement for your first season! Hoping to get near that in my second season in the Premier League - McSweeney cost me 6 points - he's a fox in the box :p

Superb achievement for your first season! Hoping to get near that in my second season in the Premier League - McSweeney cost me 6 points - he's a fox in the box :p
Especially as hes so young! Ultimate aim is to tie him down for 4 years the big bonus of being professional now. When i was first Limerick two seasons ago they were in the first division so they have improved a lot by themselves so its put me around 3 seasons ahead of where i would be last year or two.

Got a bit overly excited seeing this is back! McSweeney has been mint considering he is only 16! Lets hope for another one of those gems of a regen we have seen in the past few stories!!

Got a bit overly excited seeing this is back! McSweeney has been mint considering he is only 16! Lets hope for another one of those gems of a regen we have seen in the past few stories!!
Thanks mate, we barely even need any regens as a lot of our best players are under 21 like McSweeney, Whitehead and Doherty, i cant wait to get into the Champions League and make McSweeney break some Limerick records.

Especially as hes so young! Ultimate aim is to tie him down for 4 years the big bonus of being professional now. When i was first Limerick two seasons ago they were in the first division so they have improved a lot by themselves so its put me around 3 seasons ahead of where i would be last year or two.

Semi-Pro status is killing me at the minute, just lost 3 quality youth regens to Shamrock Rovers because i couldn't off them proper contracts. Finances are 200k in debt aswell so i need to push for those european spots this year.

Semi-Pro status is killing me at the minute, just lost 3 quality youth regens to Shamrock Rovers because i couldn't off them proper contracts. Finances are 200k in debt aswell so i need to push for those european spots this year.

My finances are shot to, i havent even done that much to hurt them in only signing a few players, im at a stage where next season i need to win the league and get that champions league money or im going to have to sell some players come the end of the year, i should get a bit of money around august for the europa league too, the problem is you qualify for europe in october but dont get any prize money until next july/august

Limerick FC

View attachment 304484

January 2015 - Winter Transfer Window

Season Expectations

View attachment 304483

No transfer budget and only a few hundred pounds extra in the wage budget, our finance are in around 500k of debt too.

Players Out

So i managed to make around 100k by selling former captain Duggan who had been out on loan last season anyway and i also sold Oji the player i declared our best last season as he didnt want to sign a new deal and is pushing 30.

Players In

So i only brought in 3 players on free transfers, central midfielder Chambers is the key signing and should boss my midfield from here on out, i also signed a couple of defenders to bolster our options at the back with one coming from Finn Harps.

View attachment 304482View attachment 304481View attachment 304480

The media predicts that we will only be in 7th one place better than they predicted last season but a lot worse than the 3rd we did finish. For me this season is top 2 or bust, i feel as if my finances wont survive no European football.

View attachment 304479

Tactic and Starting 11 For New Season

View attachment 304478

Your looking at the Irish Barcelona! The tactic im using and the likes of Doherty and McSweeney have me dreaming of the Title this season!

Over 500 Season Tickets Sold

View attachment 304477

Thanks mate, we barely even need any regens as a lot of our best players are under 21 like McSweeney, Whitehead and Doherty, i cant wait to get into the Champions League and make McSweeney break some Limerick records.

Yeah that would be good to see! Group stages is around £8m isnt it? That would sort your finances out! Good luck for the season ahead!

Yeah that would be good to see! Group stages is around £8m isnt it? That would sort your finances out! Good luck for the season ahead!
even losing in the qualifiers of the Champions League can clear my debt

Good move signing Bonner. Top quality centre back - one of the players i lost on a free! Keep and eye out for Brandon Miele for a Centre Mid got him on a free 3rd season.

Limerick FC

View attachment 304309

Feb/March 2015

NOOOO McSweeney Is Out For 3 Months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View attachment 304308

Feb/March Results

View attachment 304307

So we started the month with a lucky win in the cup and McSweeney looking good before his injury we then won 4 of our opening 5 league matches with Rory Gafney on fire up front after playing a lot of last season on the wing.

View attachment 304306

2nd place with a game in hand of top spot whilst Gaffney and Doherty are in top form at the moment.​

Limerick FC

View attachment 304305

April 2015

April Results

View attachment 304304

We beat the Ramblers in the cup to set up a big Munster Senior Cup Final against our fierce rivals Cork City and we also carried on our decent form in the league with 3 wins in a row before getting stopped by Shamrock Rovers in a bore draw.
We then got thrashed by Cork City 4-0 who we will face in the Cup next month before getting back on track with a 3-0 win over St Pat's after a Gaffney hattrick.

View attachment 304303

Top of the table a third of the way through the season and the tactic and Gaffney are on fire as hes top of the goalscoring charts and highest average rating chart.

Limerick FC

View attachment 304302

May 2015

May Results

View attachment 304301

It was the perfect month as we progressed in two of the Cup Competitions and won all 4 of our league games this month and best of all McSweeney is back after 3 months out and scores two on his return.

View attachment 304300

Almost halfway through our second season and i really didnt expect to be top of the table by 5 points!​

Limerick

View attachment 304038

June 2015

1 Year Contract Extension Confirmed

View attachment 304037

McSweeney Injured Again And Chambers Out Too

View attachment 304036View attachment 304035

It gets worse as with key players missing we lose the Munster Senior Cup Final to Cork City.

View attachment 304034

On a brighter note we have the Europa League qualifiers to look forward to

View attachment 304033

June Results

View attachment 304032

It was truly one of my worst months in charge as Limerick boss as we lost two cup matches and struggled in the league too.

View attachment 304031

Were still top of the table at the moment on equal everything with Sligo Rovers in second place.​