Limerick FC the 4th - This is Not A Joke

Limerick

View attachment 285480

Nov/Dec 2023

Senior Challenge Cup Final V Shamrock Rovers

View attachment 285479

A decent performance but we struggled to find the back of the net making it a lot closer game than it needed to be but Wilkinson was the difference.

PSG At Home

View attachment 285478

Ciftci and Wilkinson were both injured so i had to let Shelvey play up top by himself and he got a goal inside a couple of minutes thanks to a penalty before Murray made it 2-0 around the half hour mark with Stanley pulling the strings in midfield.
They managed to get one back in the second half but it wasnt enough and we secured a huge win.

Sporting At Home

View attachment 285477

It was a very even game but the difference was a World Class Player in Roland Stanley who scored a couple of brilliant goals either side of a Boye strike.

Maribor - Away

View attachment 285476

Maribor were suppose to be the easy team in the group but we only managed to beat them by 1 goal both times and both times it was a late goal this time it was Stanley who got the winner.

Champions League Group Table

View attachment 285475

We top a Champions League group for the first time ahead of PSG who have won the whole thing 3 times in the last 6 years.

Draw Schalke In the Knockout Stages

View attachment 285474

Limerick

View attachment 285473

Dec 2023
End of Season

Squad In Order of Most Apps

View attachment 285472

Top Goalscorer - Conor Wilkinson - 43 Goals

View attachment 285470

Best Player - Roland Stanley

View attachment 285469

Best Young Player - Alan Jackson

View attachment 285468

Wilkinson Breaks League and Limerick Most League Goals In A Season Record

View attachment 285465

Sean Murray Breaks 6 Year Old Record For Most Assists With 24

View attachment 285464

Wilkinson Wins Player of the Year

View attachment 285463

Wilkinson Wins Golden Boot

View attachment 285462

James Few Wins Young Player of the Year

View attachment 285460

Ian McLoughlin Wins GK of the Year

View attachment 285459

Cleverly Wins Personality of the Year

View attachment 285458

5 Limerick Players in Team of the Year

View attachment 285457

Best Eleven - This Season

View attachment 285456

Best Eleven Ever
(10 Seasons)

View attachment 285455

It shows how ever growing and changing the club is with only 4 of the best eleven still with the club.​

Limerick

View attachment 285454

Jan 2024
Winter Transfer Window

Its 10 years since i took over at Limerick and a lot has changed for the club since then and were not just the most dominant club in Ireland but one of the best in the World.

Season Expectations

View attachment 285453

As has got to be expected by now a lot of my transfers will be done in the Summer when contracts are up, I did manage to tie up Alan Jackson on a further 6 month loan deal from Man City before agreeing a contract with him set to join in the summer for free.

Limerick releases

View attachment 285452

Sami was the big player to leave with over 200 games for us he is truly a Limerick Legend but nobody is bigger than the club, he wasnt playing as much as before, is well into his thirties but seemed to think i was going to carry on paying him over 20k a week!

Players In

So the only player to come in was a young English striker from West Ham on loan to be my third choice behind Wilkinson and Ciftci after we spent a couple of months using Jonjo Shelvey as a makeshift striker after some injuries

View attachment 285451

Limerick

View attachment 285397

Feb/March 2024

Champions League 1st Knockout Rnd

1st Leg V Schalke

View attachment 285396

For once we managed to travel well in Europe and stuck to our game plan, we got a goal and it was all looking good until they grabbed and equalizer with around 10 mins to go, Limerick is a Fortress so this one may well be in the bag.

2nd Leg V Schalke

View attachment 285395

It was a bore draw in the second leg which saw us through to the next round thanks to away goals but we were very lucky that Captain Howedes got sent off with less than half an hour gone.

Champions League Quarter Finals Draw

View attachment 285393

Well that couldnt have gone much better as we draw Arsenal the team we beat in the Knockout stages last season.

Schalke Match Sets New Gate Receipt

View attachment 285392

We Also Broke The record For Biggest Ever League Attendance

View attachment 285391

We then get the worse news possible with Roland Stanley Injured Again

View attachment 285389

Feb/March Results

View attachment 285387

It was a dominant start to the domestic season scoring 5 or more goals in 5 games this month alone, including scoring 16 goals in our opening 3 league games.

League Table and Player Stats

View attachment 285383

Limerick

View attachment 285380

April 2024

Champions League Quarter Final

1st Leg V Arsenal - Home

View attachment 285379

Not a terrible result against Arsenal but we are not the sort of team that travels well so im worried that we will give up when in England.

2nd Leg V Arsenal - Away

View attachment 285378

They got a penalty after a couple of minutes and i thought it was all over! But they missed it and then Wilkinson went and put us ahead! Wilshere managed to grab a very late equalizer but it wouldn't have mattered anyway thanks to the away goals rule but we werent finished yet and former Arsenal Trainee Few grabbed the winner on the night.

Champions League Semi Final Draw

View attachment 285376

So we get a tough draw in Bayern Munich but at the Semi Finals any team would have been tough, the team we finished above in the Group Stages PSG are still in their too.

Champions League Semi Final

1st Leg V Bayern - Away

View attachment 285375

We held on for so long but it didnt matter in the end as they scored two very late goals to all but knock us out of the Champions League.

Caulker Out For Months

View attachment 285374

April Results

View attachment 285372

Our league form continued to impress with 3 more wins whilst we also won easily in the All Ireland Cup Semi Final 1st leg whilst the all important second leg against Bayern is up next.

View attachment 285360

Down in 4th having played around half the games most of the other teams have thanks to our European exploits.​

Wow making some serious waves in the champions league this year!!

Limerick

View attachment 284775

May 2024

Champions League Semi Final

2nd Leg V Bayern - Home

View attachment 284774

They took an early lead which secured their place in the Final but Murray grabbed a late equalizer and i thought it would be nice to at least hold Bayern to a draw but it wasnt to be and they scored a late late winner.

Bayern went on to beat PSG in the Final of the Champions League

Wilkinson Out For 6 Weeks

View attachment 284773

All Ireland Cup Final V Dundalk

View attachment 284772

A comfortable Cup Final win with loanee Jones opening the scoring but the big story was 3 key players going off injured but luckily it was only one that will be out for a while.

Murray Injured

View attachment 284771

Limerick Named Champions League Overachievers Again

View attachment 284770

May Results

View attachment 284769

So along with the Cup Final we won 4 other cup matches and 3 other league matches and we seem to be scoring goals everywhere at the moment with 5 games again this month we scored at least 4 goals.

View attachment 284768

9 wins out of 9 in the league but we are really far behind in terms of matches currently 6 points off top spot but have 4 games in hand on them.​

Very well done on CL Exploits! With the league standings to when they change over your players values will shoot right up too im guessing as a player like Stanley only valued at £1.8m, if he was in PL he would be worth 10 times that!

Absolutely amazing that you made it through to the semi finals!!

wow you made some serious progress in Europe! do you think that your domestic opponent's being rubbish has helped or hindered you in europe?

Very well done on CL Exploits! With the league standings to when they change over your players values will shoot right up too im guessing as a player like Stanley only valued at £1.8m, if he was in PL he would be worth 10 times that!
Yes man i can only hope, im a couple of months ahead of the last post and hes shot up to being worth £5Million, got a lot of teams sniffing round him including Southampton Manager Xavi offering £13Million.
Absolutely amazing that you made it through to the semi finals!!
Thanks man, we are a force in Limerick, a bit like Bradford i think the big teams must not like to play on our pitch!
wow you made some serious progress in Europe! do you think that your domestic opponent's being rubbish has helped or hindered you in europe?
I suppose you dont really face any good teams domestically anymore so it helps with thinks like being able to rest key players before European games, i dont need to rush players back from injuries and also i guess the teams morale is high beating sides by 5 and 6 goals most weeks so they feel they can beat anybody.

Will hopefully post a few more updates this weekend after a busy week at work

Limerick

View attachment 282748

June 2024

Munster Senior Cup Final V Cork City

View attachment 282747

Stanley is unstoppable at the moment and pretty much won us this trophy by himself whilst the rest of the team stood around looking good.

Up to 24th in the European Club Rankings, but we are going to have to keep up making at least the knockout stages from now on to keep our ranking.

View attachment 282745

McGeady has picked up a nasty injury and at his age looks likely to retire.

View attachment 282744View attachment 282743

June Results

View attachment 282742

Another impressive winning month for us in various competitions and whilst are strikers are struggling the midfielders are in fine goalscoring form with not just Stanley grabbing goals but Few and Shelvey also finding the net 3 and 4 times respectively.

View attachment 282741

12 wins from 12 but were just 2 points clear with 2 games in hand, hopefully we should be able to catch up games with no more Champions League Qualifiers.

Brilliant story, I went back and read all of the previous incarnations. The job you've done there every time is incredible!

It feels weird to have gone a whole week without an update! Hope you can win the champions league with this save mate!