Live - Man City v Swansea

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 214
  • Views Views 12K
There is a new name in the land of the Barclays Premier League, and his name is Sergio Leonel "Kun" Agüero del Castillo.

And, in the memorable words of Andy Gray; "Take a boo son"

So I'm guessing there's a chance that Balotelli may become a bit-part player? That'll go down well if that happens lol

Rotation really. Love Aguero's second though, thats what made him feared in La Liga, he hits the ball with such power and pace.

Say what you want about 'not getting too excited about 1 game' but for me, a debut is never easy. Making a Premier-League debut is never easy. Making a debut with such a large price-tag is never easy. The pressure, the expectation, everyone is really watching and knowing you need to live-up to that cost and score goals early-on. And I tell you what, Aguero for a debut, put in a smashing performance. He was a joy to watch, and he coped with the pressure so very well. You can tell everyone not to get over-excited, but after that debut, Man City fans have a right to praise Aguero. He was fantastic, and I hope to see more of the same...

Super Mario wont be a bit part player, might be the kick up the backside he needs.

Aguero wise, what else did people expect?

Did exactly what he has done for the past 3 years at Atletico, played magnificently.

Need to fit him in my fantasy team, can't drop Silva/Kompany the only other option is dropping Yaya...

Super Mario wont be a bit part player, might be the kick up the backside he needs.

Did exactly what he has done for the past 3 years at Atletico, played magnificently.

Need to fit him in my fantasy team, can't drop Silva/Kompany the only other option is dropping Yaya...

Apparently doing what you always did in La Liga in one game against Swansea suddenly makes you God in the Prem...

Him, Dzeko and Silva will be great. Silva best player on the pitch for me. Most important attacking player for City

some people amaze me, especially some utd fans, city fans are of course happy aguero got a debut brace and played like an absolute babe, but no there are always some people who have to take it away from us, stop being bitter and jealous and learn to accept that we are buying the best players, i know im sounding like a tool right now but some people really annoy me. Utd fans bummed cleverley after 45 minutes playing well against a team who werent even trying but we cant *** aguero? ridiculous. Aaaaandy's post earlier on was completely spot on, well said.

P.S- Not aimed at many people on this thread, just a select few bitter utd fans.

piersmorganPiers Morgan

I hope the #Arsenal board watched City tonight. Sod the penny-pinching, and get the **** cheque-book out. You've got the money.

One problem, he fails to mention he is a **** and knows **** all about football and has no real talent (appart from hacking phones).

Apparently doing what you always did in La Liga in one game against Swansea suddenly makes you God in the Prem...

Him, Dzeko and Silva will be great. Silva best player on the pitch for me. Most important attacking player for City

But you can't blame City fans for expecting great things and calling him a great player, after dealing with the weight of a Premier-League debut like that. Many top-class players, with massive price tags [ie- dzeko] have took a long-time to settle too English Football and he's done it so quickly and so impresively.

I mean it was against Swansea City, some PL fans are rather fickle.

Heard things like 'SAF signed the wrong Atleti player' <---Moron.

They're all jumping on the bandwagon, probably don't even know where he gets the name Kun from.

A Japanese comic character is the answer but if I asked half of PL fans they would be clueless.

Annoys me when people over exaggerate a display, people need a bit of perspective on the display and it was undoubtedly a brilliant debut but Britton was essentially a one man midfield and Yaya/Silva/Aguero just played triangles with him it was horrifying to watch at times.

Was in the exact same situation as you regarding Fantasy Football dropped Yaya as Silva and Kompany will be point-scoring
Machines .

Was really looking forward to seeing Aguero in the PL and he delivered, Great all-round start from City with a clean sheet as well even though it was Swansea, nice to see Dzeko on the scoresheet too.

But you can't blame City fans for expecting great things and calling him a great player, after dealing with the weight of a Premier-League debut like that. Many top-class players, with massive price tags [ie- dzeko] have took a long-time to settle too English Football and he's done it so quickly and so impresively.

Dzeko has only been here half a season, and that was made more difficult by fitting him round Tevez. I love Aguero, and im estatic that he is in the prem, and even though he is at City, I want him to be a huge success, but I'm not gonna start worshipping him after Swansea. Except for his second goal, that was classic KUN

Looks like Nasri will be resigning tomorrow then, who in their right mind would want to go and play for City after that performance...

some people amaze me, especially some utd fans, city fans are of course happy aguero got a debut brace and played like an absolute babe, but no there are always some people who have to take it away from us, stop being bitter and jealous and learn to accept that we are buying the best players, i know im sounding like a tool right now but some people really annoy me. Utd fans bummed cleverley after 45 minutes playing well against a team who werent even trying but we cant *** aguero? ridiculous. Aaaaandy's post earlier on was completely spot on, well said.

P.S- Not aimed at many people on this thread, just a select few bitter utd fans.

But he is over-rated (6)

Just kidding. He did have a great start yes, and everyone with sense knows he's world class. But I just want to see how he performs against the more physical well established Prem defences like Utd, Chelsea, even Stoke. There's teams that like to shut down supply routes, crowd out the midfield....just makes it more intruiging for me. However this time around, I am not looking forward one jot to the Everton v Man City fixture. Suspect I'm going to need a couple of four packs handy to take the pain away

Last edited:
But he is over-rated (6)

Just kidding. He did have a great start yes, and everyone with sense knows he's world class. But I just want to see how he performs against the more physical well established Prem defences like Utd, Chelsea, even Stoke. There's teams that like to shut down supply routes, crowd out the midfield....just makes it more intruiging for me. However this time around, I am not looking forward one jot to the Everton v Man City fixture. Suspect I'm going to need a couple of four packs handy to take the pain away

I respect that, but people are having a go at city fans and even other fans (basically everyone in the IRC room has jumped on the bandwagon) for praising his debut and saying he will be a good signing. it really annoys me that people have to spoil the fun.

I mean it was against Swansea City, some PL fans are rather fickle.

Heard things like 'SAF signed the wrong Atleti player' <---Moron.

They're all jumping on the bandwagon, probably don't even know where he gets the name Kun from.

A Japanese comic character is the answer but if I asked half of PL fans they would be clueless.

Annoys me when people over exaggerate a display, people need a bit of perspective on the display and it was undoubtedly a brilliant debut but Britton was essentially a one man midfield and Yaya/Silva/Aguero just played triangles with him it was horrifying to watch at times.

Don't personally think a person's will to Google something makes them smarter or stupider as far as the Kün nickname goes.

I respect that, but people are having a go at city fans and even other fans (basically everyone in the IRC room has jumped on the bandwagon) for praising his debut and saying he will be a good signing. it really annoys me that people have to spoil the fun.

I'd to see where anyone had a go at city fans on this thread...

Back