Live - Saturday football

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 100
  • Views Views 3K
I never said it was, quite the opposite in fact.

Yeah, and he wasn't trying to be funny.

By the way, calling someone's opinion ignorant......is ignorant.(6)

I never said it was, quite the opposite in fact.
All I'm saying is that I am dead serious that I think Lucas is better than Song. Lucas is underrated, has been extremely good this year, Song has been solid but unspectacular.

Didier Drogba = Best striker in the World at the moment

Great day for us, although im not getting carried away. Anything can happen this season it's crazy.
Only bad news is that Zhirkov got injured which leaves us with no natural left backs :S
Hope Paulo can step in, he's never let us down.

Rooney = Best striker in the world, at the moment.

I'd nearly have Lucas over Song

And, i'd have Lucas, over Song and Fletcher.

Sorry whilst I crash you defensive midfield party, but..

Portsmouth 1-0 Stoke, Piquionne :D!!!

Actually Danny isn't too far off with that, Fletcher sneaks it for me if we are comparing him with Lucas, Lucas has done his job very well this year but Fletcher has been the dominant force in the middle of the park all year, both players I wouldn't mind having in my squad if I'm honest

Actually Danny isn't too far off with that, Fletcher sneaks it for me if we are comparing him with Lucas, Lucas has done his job very well this year but Fletcher has been the dominant force in the middle of the park all year, both players I wouldn't mind having in my squad if I'm honest
:O You're letting the team down here. MAJORLY:@

Lucas is decent but i would have to agree with askep in that he is not fit to lace the boots of song or fletcher.:@

But seriously, Lucas has stepped up this season and has been a positive point in an otherwise poor Liverpool season. Song has potential but give him a few years, Fletcher pwns the lot of them

Rooney = 34 games, 25 goals.
Drogba = 29 games, 25 goals.

At the end of the day it's either one of them. I don't know why someone mentioned Ibra earlier. He's only scored about 13.

I'm a happy man now Manchester United have dropped some more points, only two points seperating them and Arsenal. Not a bad position to be in.

Now about the whole Song/Fletcher/Lucas thing.

In my opinion the best Defensive mid out of the 3 this season has been Song, that is his position now and he does it well. Fletcher however is not as defensive and has had a great season, wouldn't mind him at Arsenal at all. I think Lucas is 3rd out of the 3 but opinion is opinion :)

Fletcher > Lucas > Song based on form for me.

I of course see it as a neutral, whereas you lot are almost always going to say that the player on your team is better.

Don't get me wrong, I think based on ability, Fletcher probably isn't the best of the three... he's just been playing amazingly well this season. Never thought I'd see the day. I like Song the most out of that particular trio though.

I'm sorry, but Alex Song is an absolute animal. I would have him over any defensive midfielder in the league.

He is good at best.

Didier Drogba = Best striker in the World at the moment

Great day for us, although im not getting carried away. Anything can happen this season it's crazy.
Only bad news is that Zhirkov got injured which leaves us with no natural left backs :S
Hope Paulo can step in, he's never let us down.

Just no. Rooney is on a different planet.

Please don't tell me you just said Fletcher is better than Essien & Macherano :S

Sure, Fletcher is pretty good, and is playing well, but Essien is just on a different level, tackles superbly, got a wicked shot on him, just an all round beast in midfield.

Fletcher is on that level easily. essien hasnt been tht good this season. i will be shocked if fletcher isnt up for an adward come may.

Your stating like its fact, I just said I would have him over any DM in the league. Plus I wouldn't say Fletcher is a holding mid.
he is still better in Defensive midfield then song i would say.

And, i'd have Lucas, over Song and Fletcher.

Please danny. you cant be seriuos

Rooney = 34 games, 25 goals.
Drogba = 29 games, 25 goals.

At the end of the day it's either one of them. I don't know why someone mentioned Ibra earlier. He's only scored about 13.

Ibra is a class act thts why. there more to being a striker then scoring goals.

I'm a happy man now Manchester United have dropped some more points, only two points seperating them and Arsenal. Not a bad position to be in.

Now about the whole Song/Fletcher/Lucas thing.

In my opinion the best Defensive mid out of the 3 this season has been Song, that is his position now and he does it well. Fletcher however is not as defensive and has had a great season, wouldn't mind him at Arsenal at all. I think Lucas is 3rd out of the 3 but opinion is opinion :)

Arsenal are back in it. i think it is between 3 clubs for thw season now. lucas is most defo 3rd spot in that argument, probaly 4th

Last edited:
Oh brilliant, Scott is here.

Long may the defensive-midfield argument continue. :@

P.S. Wilson Palacios > All other defensive-midfielders. Discuss.

lol I don't get it, Fletcher is very good but Essien is so obviously better haha

Oh brilliant, Scott is here.

Long may the defensive-midfield argument continue. :@

P.S. Wilson Palacios > All other defensive-midfielders. Discuss.

Placios i think was better last season then he has been this season. i think tht last 6 months off last season he was brilliant, on par with anyone in the world. but this season he seems tht huddlestone might of caught him up.

PLease correct me if i am wrong tht is only in the 4 or 5 games i have watched spurs

Nah, you're right. Sergeant Wilson was probably my favourite Spurs player early on this season. He's taken his foot off the accelerator unfortunately, which is a shame as he's sensational when he's at his best.

Back