Live - Saturday football

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 100
  • Views Views 3K
Scott, why do you always feel the need to quote what everyone has said and just slate their opinion's? It's getting rather tedius now as it's happening every week.

Ibra is a class act thts why. there more to being a striker then scoring goals.

Im glad you said that. Drogba is arguably one of the best at bringing other into play as well as Ibra. At the end of the day if Rooney wasn't scoring the goals then you wouldn't be raving about him being the best would you. So goals are the main part of being a striker and statistically Drogba is better than Rooney this season.

Scott, why do you always feel the need to quote what everyone has said and just slate their opinion's? It's getting rather tedius now as it's happening every week.

Im glad you said that. Drogba is arguably one of the best at bringing other into play as well as Ibra. At the end of the day if Rooney wasn't scoring the goals then you wouldn't be raving about him being the best would you. So goals are the main part of being a striker and statistically Drogba is better than Rooney this season.

Rooney Brings others into play. his work rate is brilliant. i was raving about him 12 months ago. 18months ago. 24months ago. when ronaldo was the main man, i still felt rooney was the key player. Drogba not scoring isnt half the player of rooney not scoring. if you get what i mean.

and i am sorry if i find your media style reactional opinion about drogba rubbish, but just cause he socres twice in one game. disnt make him the best in the world.

Fletcher is on that level easily. essien hasnt been tht good this season. i will be shocked if fletcher isnt up for an adward come may.
Essien has been injured for what, 2 months? Missed about 8/9 games, hasn't had much time to show his ability, people have probably forgotten about him a lot, especially last season when he practically injured all season.

I can't stand Fletcher and neverr rated him but recently he has been pretty impressive.

He aint as good as a fully fit Essien but that's been a rarity for a while hasn't it.

id take de jong over fletcher, when we played chelsea he single handedly held lampard and essien back, anyway hope pompey win

Fletcher > De Jong completely in my opinion.

To be honest i haven't seen much of any of these players except fletcher but fletcher has been absolutely excellent this season.

Also, fletcher has been pigeon holed, i feel, as someone who's only talent is running around and fouling people. Fletcher is a much more complete footballer than some people give him credit for. Early in his career he was touted as a right midfielder somewhat like beckham and i can see why (Obviously i'm not saying his crossing is as good as beckham's), even from the centre of midfield he has whipped some majestic balls into the box E.g against ac milan(H). He's a big game player as well in my opinion. So personally i wouldn't swap him for anyone, not even essien.^^)

Last edited:
i disagree, fletcher is over rated in my opinion, we are all entitled to our own opinion

i disagree, fletcher is over rated in my opinion, we are all entitled to our own opinion
Yes we are entitled to our own opinions, this is just a discussion.

I'd say if anything, Fletcher is under rated, with De Jong being over rated. £13m I believe Man City paid for him, I've only really ever seen him play well once vs Chelsea and that's it, and I watch Man City a lot on live stream & Match of the Day.

Rooney Brings others into play. his work rate is brilliant. i was raving about him 12 months ago. 18months ago. 24months ago. when ronaldo was the main man, i still felt rooney was the key player. Drogba not scoring isnt half the player of rooney not scoring. if you get what i mean.

and i am sorry if i find your media style reactional opinion about drogba rubbish, but just cause he socres twice in one game. disnt make him the best in the world.

Rooney has only 2 assists this season, while Drogba has 6. I think there's no doubt in whom is the better at bringing others into play. I applaud Rooney for his work rate, its phenomenal, but Drogba also has a good work rate for a frontman. The amount of defensive headers Drogba clears when defending corners is incredible, not to mention the amount of assists he gets. Therefore your point about if he's not scoing he's not doing anything is invalid. Ask any Liverpool fan, 2-0 at the Bridge, Drogba terrorised them all night single handedly creating both goals.

Media reactional opinion? XD Care to explain?
I didn't say just because he scored 2 goals today that it instantly makes him the best striker in the world.

Over the course of the season, statistically he has scored the same amount of goals as Rooney, created more, and has played 5 less games due to the African Cup Of Nations.

I can see why many people think Rooney is the best at the moment, he may well be.
But im just saying that I think no striker can match Drogba at the moment, and im sure Arsenal fans would agree with me ;)

Last edited:
Yes we are entitled to our own opinions, this is just a discussion.

I'd say if anything, Fletcher is under rated, with De Jong being over rated. £13m I believe Man City paid for him, I've only really ever seen him play well once vs Chelsea and that's it, and I watch Man City a lot on live stream & Match of the Day.
De Jong is over rated- 17-18 million i think was the fee. He's a good player but not worth that fee, Completely agree with Max on this one

id take de jong over fletcher, when we played chelsea he single handedly held lampard and essien back, anyway hope pompey win

he did play well that game, but i thought when we playe you. he disappeared alot of the game. and fletcher kinda had him.

Rooney has only 2 assists this season, while Drogba has 6. I think there's no doubt in whom is the better at bringing others into play. I applaud Rooney for his work rate, its phenomenal, but Drogba also has a good work rate for a frontman. The amount of defensive headers Drogba clears when defending corners is incredible, not to mention the amount of assists he gets. Therefore your point about if he's not scoing he's not doing anything is invalid. Ask any Liverpool fan, 2-0 at the Bridge, Drogba terrorised them all night single handedly creating both goals.

I didn't say just because he scored 2 goals today that it instantly makes him the best striker in the world.

Over the course of the season, statistically he has scored the same amount of goals as Rooney, created more, and has played 5 less games due to the African Cup Of Nations.

I can see why many people think Rooney is the best at the moment, he may well be.
But im just saying that I think no striker can match Drogba at the moment, and im sure Arsenal fans would agree with me ;)

Arsenal fans like myself realise that both Rooney and Drogba have completely and utterly raped us this season, and as unfortunate as it is. We're used to it :P

Wilkinson sent off for Stoke, might be able to win this now (A)

How about rooney running back 50 yards to win back the ball. or his willingness to play on the left or right. dnt see drogba doing that, or how about no matter what rooney puts in 100%. whilst drogba does it when he wants to, not all the time. like last season didnt he have a strop on and only score 5 goals. and play quite awful.

Back