• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 100
  • Views Views 3K
Ballack > Fletcher

I joke . . Every midfielder > Ballack

This is a stupid argument.

Most of the comparisons made are completely different players :S

You see, I would love someone like Ballack at Arsenal. Still great technically and would add great experience.

maloudas been better this year. actually looks quite good

How about rooney running back 50 yards to win back the ball. or his willingness to play on the left or right. dnt see drogba doing that, or how about no matter what rooney puts in 100%. whilst drogba does it when he wants to, not all the time. like last season didnt he have a strop on and only score 5 goals. and play quite awful.

I already said Rooney's work rate was phenomenal, there's no doubting that. I've seen Drogba go on a crazy surge now and then and win the ball back for us. But as you said, only when he is in the right frame of mind. Why the **** would we need to play Drogba on the left or right wing? It's not my fault United didn't have the players to cover that position so Rooney had to play there.
I think last season was a bit of a rollacoaster in terms of the stability of the club with the change in managers and what not. Under Hiddink you saw a rejuvenated Drogba as he was playing week in week out whilst under Scolari he was on the fringes due to injury and suspension. Correct me if im wrong but that was last season and has nothing to do with this season? Not to mention that Drogba scored 14 goals not 5, playing only a quarter of the season, whilst Rooney scored 20 playing practically the whole season XD

Portsmouth 1-2 Stoke.

Absolute ******* ****.

Wow, 10 men Stoke and still they go in front. That's some FM stuff right there.

How about Song > Fletcher > De Jong > Essien:D not really.

Anyhow, i thought eboue played really good today our fullbacks this season have played dreadful glad we got the win tho.

I already said Rooney's work rate was phenomenal, there's no doubting that. I've seen Drogba go on a crazy surge now and then and win the ball back for us. But as you said, only when he is in the right frame of mind. Why the **** would we need to play Drogba on the left or right wing? It's not my fault United didn't have the players to cover that position so Rooney had to play there.
I think last season was a bit of a rollacoaster in terms of the stability of the club with the change in managers and what not. Under Hiddink you saw a rejuvenated Drogba as he was playing week in week out whilst under Scolari he was on the fringes due to injury and suspension. Correct me if im wrong but that was last season and has nothing to do with this season? Not to mention that Drogba scored 14 goals not 5, playing only a quarter of the season, whilst Rooney scored 20 playing practically the whole season XD

I was talking about the league, where he scored 5 in 24 starts and 9 sub appearance

http://www.premierleague.com/page/H...4~28142,00.html?s1=2009&t1=404&s2=2009&t2=395

Rooney was playing on the wing so ronaldo could play upfront. same reason you used to play anelka on the left. so actaully wasnt reli utd not haaving enough wingers when they had like 8.

ok i apologize im wrong, de jong is an anchorman, he sits in front of the defence and only tackles, he rarely attacks and he does his job brilliantly, fabregas is just class end of, fletcher is not an anchorman hes a tradtional center midfielder, he does his job well, essien is more of a defensive midfielder in the sense he gets more involved in attacking than de jong who just sits back

I was talking about the league, where he scored 5 in 24 starts and 9 sub appearance

http://www.premierleague.com/page/H...4~28142,00.html?s1=2009&t1=404&s2=2009&t2=395

Rooney was playing on the wing so ronaldo could play upfront. same reason you used to play anelka on the left. so actaully wasnt reli utd not haaving enough wingers when they had like 8.

I was talking about overall, taking the Champions League into account aswell.

In all seriousness, where is the logic in playing your biggest targetman on the wing? We only used Anelka on the wing as he was fast and agile. It's not that Drogba didn't want to play there, if any manager played Drogba on the wing i would persume there would be something extremely wrong with them.

De Jong is well overrated, Fletcher and Song are both class but there is only one player for me in this position, Essien in terms of quality is the best, by far.

Ballack > Fletcher

I joke . . Every midfielder > Ballack
I actually almost cried before i saw the bottom.:$

But, you can't compare Fletcher and Song then.
I think you can:S I mean it would be stupid to compare fletcher and fabregas because they do totally different jobs while song and fletcher do basically the same thing. There might be slight differences but basically the fulfil the same role.<)

That blatantly isn't the reason rooney was used out wide. Rooney was only ever moved out to the wide when we used a 4-3-3 in big games and we had ronaldo spearheading the attack so rooney had to be moved out wide.|)

I think you can:S I mean it would be stupid to compare fletcher and fabregas because they do totally different jobs while song and fletcher do basically the same thing. There might be slight differences but basically the fulfil the same role.<)

I couldn't disagree more. While it is Song's job to sit in front of and fill in for the Centre backs when they push forward for set pieces or other opportunities, I feel that Fletcher's job is more to keep the play going and even to get assists, something that Fabregas does also. Song barely moves from in front of the back 4 while Fletcher is more expressive and as a result seems more of a creative force. In my opinion he is closer to Fabregas' style than Song's and therefore if you can compare Song and Fletcher, then you can compare Fletcher and Fabregas.

I believe drogba and rooney on level par this season. And as for the essien quote i believe he is chelseas most influential player and played a massive part in us winning the facup last season.

Back