Live - Saturday football

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 233
  • Views Views 12K
What a game at EP!

Paul Turnbull scoring 2 too complete the comeback from 2-0 down, watch the second on the FL show tonight! :wub:

Utter rubbish. Certainly not that simple. RVP, Walcott and Fabregas are all injured. That's like Chelsea losing Drogba, Lampard and Malouda, and then an Arsenal fan saying it's Ancelotti's fault they lost. Honestly, Wenger couldn't exactly do anything if his team were playing like lethargic turtles. Maybe he made a mistake in not playing Nasri, but hindsight is 20/20.

we have better cover that what Arsenal have. We have gone without our main players time and time again and still come away with wins so your point is not valid at all.

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

You had momentum, you're just asking for an argument tbh. West Brom probably deserved it from what i've heard. I'm not missing your point, i'm just not raising to it and starting an argument. If anyone else has some brain cells, they wouldn't either..

/argument

You had momentum also though mate. Arsenal should be looking to win every home game especially against newly promoted teams. I was just bringing up the fact that when we beat Albion at the start of the season people were saying oh it dosen't matter because you were expected to win.

You had momentum also though mate. Arsenal should be looking to win every home game especially against newly promoted teams. I was just bringing up the fact that when we beat Albion at the start of the season people were saying oh it dosen't matter because you were expected to win.

I don't support Arsenal Mate.. And so should you, in my opinion losing to Newcastle is a disappointment, you really could've won the quad this year. As i said i expect West Brom deserved the win and heard they were 0-2 up. Good result for the Baggies. Yes, it's i suppose it's a bit ironic saying Chelsea had a easy start to the Season, but i suppose West Brom have grown into the league, not giving Arsenal any excuse's though, they should beat these teams, these are the games that win you the league in my opinion, you have to beat the smallish teams.

we have better cover that what Arsenal have. We have gone without our main players time and time again and still come away with wins so your point is not valid at all.

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

actually it was because chelsea fans were going on about how they were dominant, and people pointed out that actually you had a very easy start, so you couldnt draw conclusion

actually it was because chelsea fans were going on about how they were dominant, and people pointed out that actually you had a very easy start, so you couldnt draw conclusion

But their is a comparrison their now because we beat West Brom at home and Arsenal lost.

Except you haven't though, have you? Your bench today was one of the weakest I've seen under Ambramovich, and moreover you haven't gone without all three of Malouda, Drogba and Lampard this season and won. Only game I can remember where none of them played was against Newcastle, and look what happened there.

Turnbull, Ferreira, Van Aanholt, Zhirkov, McEachran, Sturridge, Kakuta are, in my opinion, roundly trumped by Arsenal's bench today.

Except you haven't though, have you? Your bench today was one of the weakest I've seen under Ambramovich, and moreover you haven't gone without all three of Malouda, Drogba and Lampard this season and won. Only game I can remember where none of them played was against Newcastle, and look what happened there.

Turnbull, Ferreira, Van Aanholt, Zhirkov, McEachran, Sturridge, Kakuta are, in my opinion, roundly trumped by Arsenal's bench today.

we were without Terry and Lampard for the Blackpool game and our win percentage without them 2 is lower. Everytime Drogba is out Anelka plays up front and always does a great job, everytime Lamps is out we seem to push Essien into his role and that works and everytime Terry is out we always seem to have decent centre back.

we were without Terry and Lampard for the Blackpool game and our win percentage without them 2 is lower. Everytime Drogba is out Anelka plays up front and always does a great job, everytime Lamps is out we seem to push Essien into his role and that works and everytime Terry is out we always seem to have decent centre back.
didnt work for you today, and as ZM puts its the weakest bench since roman took over

You're not actually listening to anything I say, are you? I cited three Arsenal players out injured, and Chelsea's three closest examples. My original point, which has been skewed completely, was that you can not blame Wenger "simple as" for losing today. My other point was that your bench really isn't that great, and I stand by that argument.

Also, if you really want to argue the point, Essien today showed why he can't replace Lampard like-for-like. All the qualities Lampard brings to the game - accurate long range shooting, precision late runs, et cetera - were definitely not on display from Essien today, the shooting in particular was wayward.

As much as people want to analyse today's game and find excuses, Chelsea lost.

Man City were eventually, the better team and got the goal. Chelsea will bounce back from these two defeats they have suffered this past week but this could seriously damage their chances of a second successive title.

However, I think they'll still win it this year, but not the next. That will be Manchester City.

You had momentum, you're just asking for an argument tbh. West Brom probably deserved it from what i've heard. I'm not missing your point, i'm just not raising to it and starting an argument. If anyone else has some brain cells, they wouldn't either..

/argument

Momentum? The momentum of only winning one of four pre-season games then losing to United in the Community Shield? Great momentum that.

this isnt to annoy arsenal fans but you have got to love odemwingie was abused at Moscow and now he is scoring for fun and always smiling. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/africa/8989926.stm

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

but chelsea have good cover for most positions unlike arsenal

Chelsea don't have good cover for some positions. Like goalkeeper, when cech's injured they have hilario or turnball and up front they only have kalou and sturridge to cover.

Mighty leeds won 1-0 against sheffield! we are 5th place now! COME ON WHITES!

been out all day so checked score on my fone and i was shocked we were getting beat 3-0 off WBA

but after reading on here and the bbc mtch report it seems we blew it as usual played ****, goalie forget what his job is, typical Arsenal :S

ffs. watching football first and you can already see waht the problem is with Liverpool,
Hodgson got his formation and tactics horribly wrong. We can only support you for so long Roy, but your not making it easy for us.

we were far too narrow.
i mean, a centre back playing in the left back position; and then a central midfielder playing as a right winger, with the left winger always cutting in aswell, worked perfectly.

oh. wait. no it didn't.

ffs. watching football first and you can already see waht the problem is with Liverpool,
Hodgson got his formation and tactics horribly wrong. We can only support you for so long Roy, but your not making it easy for us.

we were far too narrow.
i mean, a centre back playing in the left back position; and then a central midfielder playing as a right winger, with the left winger always cutting in aswell, worked perfectly.

oh. wait. no it didn't.
We need a winger more than a striker, now. Babel's never going to be up for it, his time here's come to and end, he's out. We need an Arda Turan type player, someone to stay out wide and get crosses in.

We need a winger more than a striker, now. Babel's never going to be up for it, his time here's come to and end, he's out. We need an Arda Turan type player, someone to stay out wide and get crosses in.

I heard Fabio Coentrao was rumoured for 'Pool as a left back, which I thought would be a good move. Of course, a rather debateable point might be the price...

FFS we were god damm awfull what was Almunia doing for the 2nd and 3rd goal :'(

Back