Live - Saturday football

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 233
  • Views Views 12K
but considering whats happened to most of the top sides today, its not the worst result

WOW what the **** happened to arsenal oO) party later, cant wait to rub that into my arsenal mate ;)

Ey? Explain how you think basically everyone lost

Well everyone that matters to me, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs, i couldnt have asked for a better days from my point of view, i dont care what 2nd rate teams like Blackburn ect do. So basically everyone lost

Really Dissapointed with the Spurs result today.

Never really got going, couldn't break down West Ham's defence, you would never had thought they were in the relegation zone. Fair play to them, they deserved it. Huddlestone was very poor by his standards and missed an open goal :@ Rob Green had a blinder as well. :(

Spurs are really missing Defoe, no real clinical strikers upfront.

Looking forward to the Twente game on Wednesday.

Really Dissapointed with the Spurs result today.

Never really got going, couldn't break down West Ham's defence, you would never had thought they were in the relegation zone. Fair play to them, they deserved it. Huddlestone was very poor by his standards and missed an open goal :@ Rob Green had a blinder as well. :(

Spurs are really missing Defoe, no real clinical strikers upfront.

Looking forward to the Twente game on Wednesday.
didnt see any of spurs game, where was it lost? though heard green made save after save.

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

Well everyone that matters to me, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs, i couldnt have asked for a better days from my point of view, i dont care what 2nd rate teams like Blackburn ect do. So basically everyone lost
it wont matter if we dont take advantage tomorrow

Sigh, Liverpool.
Konchesky, Poulsen, Skrtel, Johnson (currently) all liabilites today. We didn't play at all until we got our second. Another good display from Meriles, but he was played out wide, and struggled to get the ball, still some good passing. Best performance from Cole so far, but he didn't play THAT well...Gerrard's scared of shooting, and there was far too much room in the middle until Poulen came off, then we sured it up.

didnt see any of spurs game, where was it lost? though heard green made save after save.

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

it wont matter if we dont take advantage tomorrow

Still Enjoy it now, worry tommorrow, thats my view. We Will be Champions

Still Enjoy it now, worry tommorrow, thats my view. We Will be Champions
lol very true. am basking in a great day, despite the fact we didnt kick a football. a win would cap a great weekend

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 PM ----------

Sigh, Liverpool.
Konchesky, Poulsen, Skrtel, Johnson (currently) all liabilites today. We didn't play at all until we got our second. Another good display from Meriles, but he was played out wide, and struggled to get the ball, still some good passing. Best performance from Cole so far, but he didn't play THAT well...Gerrard's scared of shooting, and there was far too much room in the middle until Poulen came off, then we sured it up.
meierles played out wide?!

lol very true. am basking in a great day, despite the fact we didnt kick a football. a win would cap a great weekend

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 PM ----------

meierles played out wide?!
I was shocked too, was Stevie and Poulsen in the middle, Merieles kept coming inside looking for the ball, didn't get any, really. Should be in the middle with Stevie, that would be a great partnership

Poor defending for the Piquionne goal. Fairly easy header and no-one on the back post, where it would have been an easy clearence and it dropped in.

We just weren't decisive enough, West Ham played on the counter and caught us several times, probably because we had ruddy Corluka centre back :'(. Just never really got going, couldn't get in behind their defence, so just ended up taking long shots, except when Hudd did get thyough, he rounded the keeper, panicked and slashed it wide.

Hammers deserved it really, I think that if we had gotten the ball out to the wings more we could have caused them more trouble as Bale and Lennon had the beating of their full backs and could of gotten in behind them easily, but we didn't. Very poor game for Spurs...

I was shocked too, was Stevie and Poulsen in the middle, Merieles kept coming inside looking for the ball, didn't get any, really. Should be in the middle with Stevie, that would be a great partnership
see. i know people have been saying roy is getting unfair slack, but when you line your side up like that you just bring it upon yourself. merieles should be in the middle, either alongside gerrard with cole ahead, or alongside lucas, with gerrard ahead

Last edited:
Referee at Liverpool was just awful, for both teams. Had no clue what so ever, the whole match, worst display I've seen since Chelsea '07 and that penalty.

Referee at Liverpool was just awful, for both teams. Had no clue what so ever, the whole match, worst display I've seen since Chelsea '07 and that penalty.
i saw liverpools first goal from the sunderland free kick, unbelieveable

Poor defending for the Piquionne goal. Fairly easy header and no-one on the back post, where it would have been an easy clearence and it dropped in.

We just weren't decisive enough, West Ham played on the counter and caught us several times, probably because we had ruddy Corluka centre back :'(. Just never really got going, couldn't get in behind their defence, so just ended up taking long shots, except when Hudd did get thyough, he rounded the keeper, panicked and slashed it wide.

Hammers deserved it really, I think that if we had gotten the ball out to the wings more we could have caused them more trouble as Bale and Lennon had the beating of their full backs and could of gotten in behind them easily, but we didn't. Very poor game for Spurs...

Sounds pretty similar to the Arsenal game, other than the scoreline, defensive mistakes leading to cheap goals on the counter for West Brom. Bad day for NL.

Back