Live - Saturday football

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 122
  • Views Views 5K
Hmm. What? Nono - Mikel Arteta came IN, he didn't get sold by Arsenal. Silly Godcubed.

I wish I could play that card. Tbf - most of them do, but Cesc just hasn't. At all. Still think Nasri will flop at City in the longer term, though.

Only if City flop. So far Fab looks hungry again, back to his best, and looking to go another level if thats even possible

Have you seen Manchester City's 2nd goal?

Nasri's role in the buildup was subliminal (Got yet another assist), take a look.

It's as good of a goal you're ever likely to see in football, absolutely sublime.

United's goals have been good and clinical but when people watch Aguero's hat trick tonight they should be heaping on the praise. I haven't seen many better goal's than Aguero's 2nd this season, it was close to perfection...

The way Nasri has started I genuinely don't think he will flop (I thought he might) the style City are playing is the style Arsenal have tried to play in the past 2 years but City obviously have far better players playing in their system.

Have you seen Manchester City's 2nd goal?

Nasri's role in the buildup was subliminal (Got yet another assist), take a look.

It's as good of a goal you're ever likely to see in football, absolutely sublime.

United's goals have been good and clinical but when people watch Aguero's hat trick tonight they should be heaping on the praise. I haven't seen many better goal's than Aguero's 2nd this season, it was close to perfection...

The way Nasri has started I genuinely don't think he will flop (I thought he might) the style City are playing is the style Arsenal have tried to play in the past 2 years but City obviously have far better players playing in their system.

Wouldnt go that far with the 2nd goal, good as it was

And he's a Spanish international, yeah.

Ohwaitshithangon

You didn't mention internationals. You said "certain Spanish midfielders". Ergo - Mikel Arteta.

Re: Nasri - I don't think he'll flop immediately (clearly he hasn't), but in the LT. Think it was Jamie Sanderson (Young Guns) saying how difficult Nasri found life in England/at Arsenal at first - he had Meningitis or something early on, and only did well in the end because the help that Wenger was constantly giving him, on and off the field. He argued that Maninci isn't really the kind of character who can offer Nasri that and even if he is, it must be difficult for the players if Man City are changing managers every other season if they don't win the league, or at least something.

Ergo - he'll never quite be the player everyone knows he can be. Even at Arsenal - after a brilliant start to the season, he fell away. He's never really provided world class quality on a consistent basis.

I do think Clichy'll do well though. Good signing for any PL side IMHO, but wasn't working for him at Arsenal for one reason or another.

You didn't mention internationals. You said "certain Spanish midfielders". Ergo - Mikel Arteta.

Re: Nasri - I don't think he'll flop immediately (clearly he hasn't), but in the LT. Think it was Jamie Sanderson (Young Guns) saying how difficult Nasri found life in England/at Arsenal at first - he had Meningitis or something early on, and only did well in the end because the help that Wenger was constantly giving him, on and off the field. He argued that Maninci isn't really the kind of character who can offer Nasri that and even if he is, it must be difficult for the players if Man City are changing managers every other season if they don't win the league, or at least something.

Ergo - he'll never quite be the player everyone knows he can be. Even at Arsenal - after a brilliant start to the season, he fell away. He's never really provided world class quality on a consistent basis.

I do think Clichy'll do well though. Good signing for any PL side IMHO, but wasn't working for him at Arsenal for one reason or another.

You're saying it like it's a fact. Thoughts of a blogger =/= fact.

You're saying it like it's a fact. Thoughts of a blogger =/= fact.

I'm not at all, or I don't mean to be. I just meant - "basically"/"in conclusion" sort of thing. All according to Jamie, obviously.

Jamie, you definitely exaggerated over the 2nd goal

just watchin the Man Utd game now and I've got to say that the way they played was just....well the only word I can think of is incredible. just a shame that Chico didn't get a hatrick. Way he played he deserved one. When we play them I think we just go 1-10-0 (as in GK and 10 DFs lol) to at least try and stop and Rooney lol. Really is in sensational form. Really happy to see the lad playing with a smile on his face again. Such a world class player.

but also with Bolton. Think they're suffering a hangover from last season. 13 games with 10 losses...something is badly wrong there. they need to make changes badly

Last edited:
I refuse to believe Bendtner ment to do anything useful in that game, it was a complete accident.

Erm.....how quickly has Steve Bruce aged? jesus he looks about 70 odd now lol

And Neville does not look at all happy being on the bench at the Villa game. Looks very peeved tbh

Erm.....how quickly has Steve Bruce aged? jesus he looks about 70 odd now lol

And Neville does not look at all happy being on the bench at the Villa game. Looks very peeved tbh
Badly, badly let down by Gyan

what a finish from Petrov

Got to say that was an absolute pearler. Howard had no chance. Bannan really good by looks of it. Just wish to god we could hold on to a lead against ****** Villa. Our new bogey team

Think the protest by fans go to Kenwright though. When that first goal went in there seemed to be very little emotion. Looked very tense

Got to say that was an absolute pearler. Howard had no chance. Bannan really good by looks of it. Just wish to god we could hold on to a lead against ****** Villa. Our new bogey team

Think the protest by fans go to Kenwright though. When that first goal went in there seemed to be very little emotion. Looked very tense

Not too sure what else he can do right now, and i question whether the protest has any actual concrete ideas

Back