Live - Saturday football

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 131
  • Views Views 7K
That scoreline was a bit kind to City today, felt Villa played well but just lack the quality that City have, bit miffed that we played Heskey over Bannan but don't think he'd have been able to do much either.
Ireland had a good go today which was encouraging, hopefully a run of games like he's getting will get him playing well.

Full credit to Man City, they were top class in the second half.

90th minute winner from Simon Walton :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

We deserved that today, this could be the turning point in our season. At least I hope it is, a fantastic win. 3 Points for only the 2nd time this season, and I feel on top of the world. [and an extra lol to exeter & torquay.]

Just hoping Cahill and Rodwell can last long enough. Going to be a worry
I'm more worried about Jack than Tim tbh, Jack apparently had a minor groin injury and he's also harder to replace, as we now have a few options up-front in case Tim needs to be substituted.

I'm more worried about Jack than Tim tbh, Jack apparently had a minor groin injury and he's also harder to replace, as we now have a few options up-front in case Tim needs to be substituted.

True. But we do have Phill Neville who can play midfield if it came to the worse. Or there's Heitinga who's versatile enough. And not forgetting Barkley (:wub:) if he's on the bench (don't know whos on subs bench)

True. But we do have Phill Neville who can play midfield if it came to the worse. Or there's Heitinga who's versatile enough. And not forgetting Barkley (:wub:) if he's on the bench (don't know whos on subs bench)

Yeah, but while Phil Nevs and Heitinga can play in central midfield they're strictly defensive players, and OTOH Barkley is more offense minded - Jack's a mixture of both, being good defensively and often joining the attack to pop up with the odd shot from outside the box. Plus he's been on form of late.

Saha has scored 5 goals in his last 6 league game against Chelsea.

Is he starting today?

Then I will be watching the game. Saha :wub:

Such a shame his career was riddled with so many injuries. What a #9 he was back in 2006-07.

We sure are lucky to have him. Even though he's injured quite a bit, he's come up trumps when needed. Thank you Fergie :wub:

We sure are lucky to have him. Even though he's injured quite a bit, he's come up trumps when needed. Thank you Fergie :wub:

No Barkley on the bench.

Mucha, Heitinga, Bilyaletdinov, Drenthe, Stracqualursi, Neville, Vellios.

No Barkley on the bench.

Mucha, Heitinga, Bilyaletdinov, Drenthe, Stracqualursi, Neville, Vellios.

Ah well. Still, for a once in such a long time, that's quite a strong bench for us

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 PM ----------

Mike jones, 3 reds shown and 22 yellows. not another one

Ah well. Still, for a once in such a long time, that's quite a strong bench for us

Indeed, despite the obvious losses this year we seem to have gained in squad depth, a lot of that being owed to Vellios and Barkley proving capable of playing in the first team and Jack finding his feet.

gonna be a long drawn out battle trying to keep sturridge away

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

what a ball by Baines. Why he's better than Cole imo

Chelsea didn't have so much wins against Everton.
RYppp.png

good recovery by jags there

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

excellent tackle by Mikel. had to make that one

Baines crossing is top class. Everton have done well, Fellaini should have scored that.

So far they've had plenty of the ball but we've been pretty solid at the back, and created a few good chances as well. A little concerned about Fellaini getting booked so early for a silly challenge.

So far they've had plenty of the ball but we've been pretty solid at the back, and created a few good chances as well. A little concerned about Fellaini getting booked so early for a silly challenge.

Normally makes one every match. Annoyingly. Look very solid defensively, with Jack and Fell sitting in front mopping up. Look pretty fluid when going forward too. Baines is pretty much showing Cole why he should be starting for England

Edit-I swear to ****** god I'm a curse to my club every time a ****** say how good we're playing. ffuuuuuuuu :@

****'s sake. They've done **** all to deserve that.

And they scored. Mata with very good pass to Cole.

Back