Live - Saturday's football

Sucks that I missed the Liverpool game, I hate work :(

Two results that make me a lot happier today:
Liverpool 3-0 Wolves
Aston Villa 1-0 Man City

That is a massive win for Villa, great to see Bent making an impact. I don't remember the last time Liverpool won by three goals, very good result, hopefully we played well. Oh and Torres getting two made me ****.

Shame Newcastle couldn't hang on, isn't that the second game in a row they've conceded in injury time? (I'm probably wrong :p)

Sucks that I missed the Liverpool game, I hate work :(

Two results that make me a lot happier today:
Liverpool 3-0 Wolves
Aston Villa 1-0 Man City

That is a massive win for Villa, great to see Bent making an impact. I don't remember the last time Liverpool won by three goals, very good result, hopefully we played well. Oh and Torres getting two made me ****.

Shame Newcastle couldn't hang on, isn't that the second game in a row they've conceded in injury time? (I'm probably wrong :p)

Only half time for Villa mate, anything can happen yet

Petrov has been brilliant so far today, good passing and tackling.

hes been quality. City are too scared of Villa's pace so they wont commit to the attack in numbers

Saw this on Twitter just now, sensational if you ask me.

Footy Fact: Dimitar Berbatov has only scored in 8 Premier League games this season, yet he is the league's top scorer with 17 goals.

Albrighton been relatively quiet this game, but his work rate has allowed us to stifle their attacks down our right. Clark is looking solid on our left too, with our defence playing narrow.

Reo-Coker looks likely to come on. Good idea, will shore up the midfield.

Last edited:
Have we had an attack in the last 20 minutes?
Don't think Downing is flourishing in that central role, just not seeing anything from us at the mo

Have we had an attack in the last 20 minutes?
Don't think Downing is flourishing in that central role, just not seeing anything from us at the mo

Playing deep, waiting for them to commit enough for us to hurt them on the counter but they've been cautious. Still, happy so long as they don't score.

Surprised too see Downing in the middle rather than having Reo-Coker on, who's more of the defensive option, but to be fair it's worked

Playing deep, waiting for them to commit enough for us to hurt them on the counter but they've been cautious. Still, happy so long as they don't score.

Hopefully they won't, we've defended well so far but I think it might just be a matter of time.
We're looking better now :D

OH Young! Nearly nearly! Good shot. Impressive hold-up play from Bent.

Just occurred to me, we're not even playing Makoun yet. Happy days. Marc is murdering Kolarov...

Last edited:
SUPER SUPER MARC
SUPER SUPER MARC
SUPER SUPER MARC
SUPER MARC ALBRIGHTON

That was good play from him then, definite yellow for Kolorov, we're looking alright as of yet, wonder if Milner will come on..

Saw Makoun before the game, with his shirt and a scarf. hopefully will be on against Wigan on Tuesday.

suprised silva and johnson havent switched wings to offer the much better crossing options