Live - Sunday football

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 84
  • Views Views 3K
How silly of me. :P

I honestly think it depends if we score 2 goals early on. If we do, then we'll run away with it I think as Portsmouth's shoulders will slump and our midfield will run you ragged.
If we can hang on at 0-0 until half time we might have a chance. I think it's all about frustrating your team at the start, if we do that we've got a chance.

But like you said, if we concede even 1 goal early I think you'll batter us to be honest.

Ffs N'gog starting. He could of put Kuyt up front and played Maxi on the right, we have far less of a chance with N'gog on the field. He has also dropped Lucas after a terrific game against Benfica...

This surely shows Rafa cares about Europe more than the league now? Dropping Torres and Lucas who both played well vs Benfica. Maybe he's just resting them, but he's done this a few times, who knows.

Liverpool: Reina, Johnson, Kyrgiakos, Carragher, Agger, Aquilani, Mascherano, Maxi, Gerrard, Babel, Ngog.

Subs: Cavalieri, Benayoun, Kuyt, Lucas, Degen, Ayala, Pacheco.

Fulham: Schwarzer, Baird, Hangeland, Hughes, Konchesky, Greening, Murphy, Etuhu, Duff, Nevland, Zamora.

Subs: Zuberbuhler, Kelly, Shorey, Okaka, Riise, Smalling, Dikgacoi.

Ffs N'gog starting. He could of put Kuyt up front and played Maxi on the right, we have far less of a chance with N'gog on the field. He has also dropped Lucas after a terrific game against Benfica...

Err,I think Coach Carter would beg to differ on that being a bad thing.:P

Fulham to win 3-1 I reckon.

Liverpool: Reina, Johnson, Kyrgiakos, Carragher, Agger, Aquilani, Mascherano, Maxi, Gerrard, Babel, Ngog.

Subs: Cavalieri, Benayoun, Kuyt, Lucas, Degen, Ayala, Pacheco.

Fulham: Schwarzer, Baird, Hangeland, Hughes, Konchesky, Greening, Murphy, Etuhu, Duff, Nevland, Zamora.

Subs: Zuberbuhler, Kelly, Shorey, Okaka, Riise, Smalling, Dikgacoi.
Can't see Fulham winning without Dempsey in the team against Liverpool, so 2-0 'Pool.

Err,I think Coach Carter would beg to differ on that being a bad thing.:P

Fulham to win 3-1 I reckon.
Nah, Coach hates him now.

This surely shows Rafa cares about Europe more than the league now? Dropping Torres and Lucas who both played well vs Benfica. Maybe he's just resting them, but he's done this a few times, who knows.

Tbf Torres does have a knee injury, but yeah it does seem Rafa cares more about Europe as he let him play on with the injury against Benfica. I just think it would be better if we had Kuyt up front rather than ******* N'gog.

Can't see Fulham winning without Dempsey in the team against Liverpool, so 2-0 'Pool.

Nah, Coach hates him now.

Fulham could pull one in 2-1 I'd say to Pool then.

Why does he hate him? :'(

our game has been poor. Valencia should have buried that 1 on 1 in the first half. it does seem however like it might be the type of game where we sneak a last minute winner. i hope

No Fernando Torres? Well.. Now we know for definite, Rafa wants the Europa League more then he does 4th spot. Which to be fair, at this stage is fair enough cause even if we do win all of our games, I don't think we would have got 4th. So resting Torres for the Europa League games is pretty smart by Rafa if you ask me.

David N'Gog up-front? I've spent all season backing this guy, and over the last 2-3 games he's played I've lost it all, he missed a 1v1 the other week and that was pretty much the end for me. Rafa should have started Babel or Kuyt up-front. They can do more damage then N'Gog.

Liverpool 1 - 0 Fulham

just as i predicted utd to drop points at blackburn haha ******* love it. up the rovers.

Wicked result, even if we don't finish top 2nd is a great achievement.

a couple of weeks ago balckburn drew 1-1 with chelsea and i hated them... today they drew 0-0 with man utd AND NOW I LOVE THEM !!!!!!(6)

Last edited:
Shocking altogether
Arsenal deserve second place and Chelsea deserve the league
We really cannot function without Rooney

Uh oh United, still not got over the mid week result?

a couple of weeks ago balckburn drew 0-0 with chelsea and i hated them... today they drew 0-0 with man utd AND NOW I LOVE THEM !!!!!!(6)

Correction, Chelsea drew 1-1 with Blackburn a couple of weeks ago.
But then again, who cares?

We haven't recovered since Olic scored that last minute winner. Poor tbh. We'll do well to finish second. AWFUL AWFUL miss from Valencia. Blackburn was always gona be tough but they didn't even play well, we were just weak.

Back