Live - Sunday football

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 90
  • Views Views 3K
the goal scoring opportunity wasnt denied, since they scored. thats what he would have been sent off for

ok, thanks for explaining that. still a brilliant football match though, end to end stuff!

game over I fear for Blackpool who could argue being unlucky not to be 2-2 IF they penalty was given and of course they scored. credit to Arsenal though (not that I enjoy giving it) they survived the pressure Blackpool piled on them.

Kornilenko will get a chance before the game ends.

Newcastle line-up

Harper
Simpson Williamson S Taylor Enrique
Guthrie Barton Coloccini Jonas
Ranger Lovenkrands

Not known whether Barton or Guthrie will be on wing, and Coloccini will most likely play as a DM, like he has at Deportivo.

3-1 arsenal full time

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

7 points behind man utd with a game in hand

Great game of football to watch, wonder how bad Almunia is injured, if I was an Arsenal fan, I certainly wouldn't be keen on Lehman in goal for much too longer. Blackpool I think can count themselves unlucky not to have at least two penalties (not the one they went on to score) but they didn't. Title race continues although as long as United keep winning, it really doesn't matter what Arsenal do.

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

3-1 arsenal full time

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

7 points behind man utd with a game in hand

away to Tottenham, not exactly a garunteed three points is it.

Nope, away to Tottenham. I think the Liverpool game is on the FA Cup semi final weekend.

spot on, your official game in hand is away to Tottenham which I believe is during a midweek. You play Liverpool next weekend when we entertain Citeh at Wembley, we then go back to having played a game more than you when we play Newcastle at St James.

Got the 3 points with a decent performance, exactly what was needed.

What a performance from Cesc, please don't leave. Ever. :wub:

Ahh, SS got it wrong then as they said the game in hand was the Arsenal v Liverpool game .

Its currently 0-0 in the aston villa v newcastle game.

My prediction is: 3-1 to newcastle (barton, lovenkrands and ranger) and best to score for villa

well i got that wrong about bent! :P i still fancy newcastle to win 3-1 haha.

Last edited:
We have played well, don't really deserve to be behind. Our left side has been really strong, much like it has all season. Ranger has had a few chances, pitty we don't have super Shola, we would be 7-1 up at the moment. ;)

We have played well, don't really deserve to be behind. Our left side has been really strong, much like it has all season. Ranger has had a few chances, pitty we don't have super Shola, we would be 7-1 up at the moment. ;)

Our passing into the final third and crossing haven't been good enough, and Ranger seems only interested in getting his first goal, rather than helping the team score. Super Shola and LeonBestIsMint would be very welcome though.

haha maybe not 7-1 but we would be winning ;)

Get Kuqi on! ;) hahaha!

Back