Live - Transfer deadline day

People are forgetting that it is not only the transfer amount that is the price of the deal for a club. You have to remember wages etc. a player who earns 50k a week and signed for 30 mil is cheaper on a 5 year contract than someone costing 15 mil but on 120k a week wages. The 30 million player would cost 43 mil in 5 years (30mil + 13mil on wages) however the 15 mil player would cost 46.2 mil (15 mil +31.2 mil on wages)
Just thought id point out what people seem to be missing

Indeed, Torres is apparently on the highest wage at Chelsea now, while Carroll's on about 70/80k

Does anyone know how long Carroll is out for and if Suarez will play tomoro?

Carroll I think will be about 1-2 weeks, so not long. Suarez is eligable to play tomorrow, probably will

Cheers, i personally can't wait to see the suarez carroll partnership but i just hope that the king will play Johnson at RM so he can get the crosses in when carroll returns.
Would love to see:
------------------------------- Reina -----------------------
Kelly-------------Carra --------------Agger --- Aurelio
------------------------------Lucas--------------------------
---------------- Meireles ---------- Gerrard --------------
Johnson ---------------- Carroll -------------- Suarez

I know Johnson at RW is a risk but he has great attacking ability and kelly is solid.

Cheers, i personally can't wait to see the suarez carroll partnership but i just hope that the king will play Johnson at RM so he can get the crosses in when carroll returns.
Would love to see:
------------------------------- Reina -----------------------
Kelly-------------Carra --------------Agger --- Aurelio
------------------------------Lucas--------------------------
---------------- Meireles ---------- Gerrard --------------
Johnson ---------------- Carroll -------------- Suarez

I know Johnson at RW is a risk but he has great attacking ability and kelly is solid.
No Kuyt? Are you nuts? He's been your most consistant player for the past 3 seasons.

No Kuyt? Are you nuts? He's been your most consistant player for the past 3 seasons.

Yer, but if we are going to have Carroll in the middle, we need someone who can put good crosses in. Johnson will do that. Dont get me wrong, i think kuyt is a very good player and works his socks off but in that formation he doesnt fit in

Very impressive window for us. Letting no one go and bringing in three quality players. Bentley is already showing his ability for us with a few solid games thus far, not to mention his 25 yarder against Cov.

Curtis Davies looks a shrewd piece of business. A very talented young centre half, who not to forget the V*lla signed for 9 million. A proven high quality defender and should add another great centre half to the squad.

Martins is the kind of player we have needed for a long time. Essentially Chucho :)wub:) that can shoot. And Chucho's style of play brought the goals out of CJ last term. Now with a proven finisher as well as a good team player to partner Jerome. The goals will hopefuly come. By the way, Martins and CJ would have to be the fastest strikeforce in the league wouldn't they?

By the way, Martins and CJ would have to be the fastest strikeforce in the league wouldn't they?

I nearly agreed with everything you said for a moment. :p

Agbonlahor and Bent/Young/Delfouneso, my dear bluenose.

Another reason I hate Gabby. He always ruins my fun :(

He can't do backflips though ;)

I would like to see Gabby and Cameron have a straight line sprint, because i remember in a derby a few games ago now Jerome totally stripped him for pace to get to the ball, but a number of factors could influence that. It did shock me to see it, i still think Gabby is quicker but maybe not AS quicker as everybody makes him out to be!

I agree with everything you've said basically mate, accept Im sure the Davies deal progressed to over 10 million i think.

Bentley is a CLASS act!! If we can hold onto him it will be a miracle, he made the Cov players look like Pub footballers

I'd like to have seen Martins play against that Cov team, the line they played was ridiculously high and there'd have been space to exploit in behind it. It will be interesting to see who plays against City tomorrow night. We now have the right kind of team problems, not being able to fit everyone in. A few years ago, if we'd have been told we had Hleb fighting for a place in the team, we had laughed at you. Now it's reality. We've finally - in my opinion, built a good premier league squad. On paper the team could be fantastic.

Foster
Carr
Ridge
Davies
Rojo <3
Hleb
Bentley
Gardner
Ferguson
Jerome
Martins

And considering we have class acts in McFadden and Dann out injured. We could be a force to be reckoned with (on paper ;)) Exciting times.

I'd like to have seen Martins play against that Cov team, the line they played was ridiculously high and there'd have been space to exploit in behind it. It will be interesting to see who plays against City tomorrow night. We now have the right kind of team problems, not being able to fit everyone in. A few years ago, if we'd have been told we had Hleb fighting for a place in the team, we had laughed at you. Now it's reality. We've finally - in my opinion, built a good premier league squad. On paper the team could be fantastic.

Foster
Carr
Ridge
Davies
Rojo <3
Hleb
Bentley
Gardner
Ferguson
Jerome
Martins

And considering we have class acts in McFadden and Dann out injured. We could be a force to be reckoned with (on paper ;)) Exciting times.
Still unsure on Jerome to be honest. I think you need an out and out goalscorer otherwise you won't make the jump to the European places. Martins is good but he's injury prone, inconsistent and will want a **** load of wages to stay permanently.

Go back for Zarate. :wub:

Foster
Carr
Ridge
Davies
Rojo <3
Hleb
Bentley
Gardner
Ferguson
Jerome
Martins

Ye i agree mate although the key word as you've emphasized "on paper" :$ we have the team and squad to easily climb up the table a bit, we should not be where we are at all, but were there because we haven't been good enough,

Im fairly confident of our fate atm, as the games we have remaining consist of the teams in and around us at home, and only two "big" teams left after tomorrow, Pool and Chelski away.

I can't see Martins starting tomorrow, he has only just gone through a pre season allegedly so may not be fit enough, i can see 4-4-1-1 unfortunately mate, with Hleb behind Cameron.

Not sure what he is going to do like you say fitting them all in, Bentley HAS to play, so Larsson may have to move centrally or left hand side, although Beau i think is coming into his own really. Lets hop Eck doesn't make the BIGGEST of **** ups :p and leave all the talent on the bench!

That has to be the Summer's transfer target again to be honest and out and out scorer. Unless Martins bangs them in, in which case we'd take the 5 mil permanent signing clause on the deal.

Fact of the matter is, we're outside the drop zone with 3 games in hand on some teams. One of which is a must win, at home to a Carroll-less Newcastle. The others are tomorrow might and a tough away trip to Goodison. I'm confident we'll be fine over the course of the year, with Wigan, Wolves and West Brom going down.

Martins won't start tomorrow, I doubt he'll even be on the bench. As you said 4-4-1-1 with Hleb in behind Jerome. Will be interesting to see how Davies copes. Arguably the best attacking force in the league. Strength in depth, in every area. Hopefully it just doesn't click for them.

That has to be the Summer's transfer target again to be honest and out and out scorer. Unless Martins bangs them in, in which case we'd take the 5 mil permanent signing clause on the deal.

Fact of the matter is, we're outside the drop zone with 3 games in hand on some teams. One of which is a must win, at home to a Carroll-less Newcastle. The others are tomorrow might and a tough away trip to Goodison. I'm confident we'll be fine over the course of the year, with Wigan, Wolves and West Brom going down.

Martins won't start tomorrow, I doubt he'll even be on the bench. As you said 4-4-1-1 with Hleb in behind Jerome. Will be interesting to see how Davies copes. Arguably the best attacking force in the league. Strength in depth, in every area. Hopefully it just doesn't click for them.

Ye i agree money needs to be spent on a striker, if we stay up there are plenty of potential teams going down with players we would accept with open arms! Doyle, Fletcher, Rodellega, Odemwingie, (going by the teams you said would go) i personally think West Ham are still going, Albion will sort there worst Premier League defence record and stay up.

Ye i think with the games we have left we should be more than ok, still a long way to go, and for once i think we will be the team that is floating around the bottom that climbs far away from it, instead of the one that drops from the sky and plummets into relegation!

According to Blues site, Martins is in the squad for tomorrow, and Davies won't be starting, Jiranik has more than staked his claim and Rog well :$ he isn't moving for anyone! The only saving grace we have tomorrow with City is they always set up very solidly but defensively, especially away from home, they never really stretched Notts County at the weekend, they played a patience game, we can exploit that hopefully, if he starts Big Zig which he may do, we will cause them a lot of problems i think, its keeping them out with a fit again Tevez being the main problem!

If a player goes to the World Cup, it's because the manager believes they have ability to do well. He went as an untried 16 year old, didn't play a minute. He then played for 4 years, and still didn't make it to the England World Cup side. Carroll is in his first season in the Premier League as a first team player, and has already won an England cap. If he's not on the plan to the next tournament for England, it'll be due to injury.

Theo's pace didn't make him world class because he isn't world class. That gets thrown around far too much. Just because someone is amazingly quick doesn't mean they have world class ability. He should be a sprinter if that's the case not a footballer. At the age of 16, he had very little technique, no end product (some could argue he still doesn't) and was all just pace (again, some could say he hasn't changed). Andy Carroll has proved he can score in the big games (local derby vs Sunderland, vs Arsenal away, vs Chelsea). He's physical, can win headers, has a good touch and is an excellent prospect.

Theo Walcott for £12M was just as big a gamble as Andy Carroll for £35M.
How does Theo going to the World Cup as a 16 year old and not playing a minute go against him? He has no control over that, it is seriously just an irrelevant point.

I didn't say Theo's pace makes him World Class, that would be a ludicrous statement. I said Theo's pace is and always has been World Class, therefore Southampton had a selling point which demanded larger sums than usuall. Obviously Wenger thought he could mould a good player from Walcott, but anyhow that's not the point.

As for your last statment, your just having a laugh.