Liverpool close in on Henderson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Valencia is over rated imo, complete no show in the big games. Your saying he is better than Nani?
In 2 seasons time Henderson will be as good/better than anderson.
So Jones as back up in the 4-2-3-1??

Doesn't show up for the big games? Did you not see him rip Ashley Cole a new one? Only game he didn't turn up for was Barcelona. Only person that did turn up for that game was Rooney.....

Valencia is over rated imo, complete no show in the big games. Your saying he is better than Nani?

Sigh, so you can see into the future? No? Your point is moot

He has clearly peformed in the big games. He was so good on his return, Nani got shifted back to the left. and Nani and Valencia > Henderson, so why buy a 3rd right-sided player when its not an area to strengthen.

Jones starting in the 4-2-3-1/4-3-3, and rotation at centre-back.

Bored of this, you're clearly being obtuse.
:wub:

Last edited:

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

And Jones will start for that 4-2-3-1? Valencia is over rated and doesnt show up a lot of the time.

Valencia rarely fails to turn up, and sadly he didn't in the champions league final.

Game against chelsea was biggest in the league, the decider, he shed Cole into new one..

Edit: Zooooomed.. DMF acted quicker and posted exactly what i did.

Last edited:

Methinks you're just using the CL final and tarring Valencia's entire season with it. He was excellent against Schalke (big game) and both games against Chelsea (one big, the other huge).

Comparing Henderson and Anderson is stupid. We don't know how they'll develop.

No, Jones possibly starting in the 4-2-3-1.

Talking about N'Gog, yo.

Lol, maybe I'm being harsh on him. Lee's link was very informative. I will watch him with an open mind. Still not sure hes worth 7m, but then the same was said about Hernandez. Think Liverpool got a very good deal on Henderson, considering the over-inflated price of english players

Sigh, so you can see into the future? No? Your point is moot

Whether you think he is overrated is irrelevant, and has clearly peformed in the big games. He was so good on his return, Nani got shifted back to the left. and Nani and Valencia > Henderson, so why buy a 3rd right-sided player when its not an area to strengthen.

Jones starting in the 4-2-3-1/4-3-3, and rotation at centre-back.

Bored of this, you're clearly being obtuse.
:wub:
So you can see that Jones will be good enough to replace Rio?

Jones starting above Fletcher? Okay.......

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

Comparing Henderson and Anderson is stupid. We don't know how they'll develop.

No, Jones possibly starting in the 4-2-3-1.

He's currently a better centreback than evans or smalling, so he would be the one to replace him on current form.

And fletcher isnt an "enforcer" or a DMC

Whats the contract length on Henderson?

He's currently a better centreback than evans or smalling, so he would be the one to replace him on current form.

And fletcher isnt an "enforcer" or a DMC

I could argue that Smalling is as good him as would many United fans a week ago.

DMF seemed to think he was, none the less you would have Jones start in midfield above Fletcher who can win the ball.

Whats the contract length on Henderson?

Not been announced yet. Still waiting for official confirmation that he's our player.

Late flights were booked for Jones and Henderson today. Whether they'll make them is another thing.

Expected in Denmark tomorrow, so I guess he'll finish it tonight, head off in the morning. Not sure

You reckon he will start on the right or rotate? Personally think hes good enough, wonder if Dalglish will bench Kuyt though

A lopsided 4-4-2 for 'Pool? Hum te tum...

Reina
Johnson - Agger - Skrtel - LB/Kelly
Henderson - Gerrard - Lucas - Kuyt
Suarez - Carroll

With Suarez playing off the Geordie? Where does Meireles fit in?

Don't forget Mata, Cissokho, Downing, Wickham, Adam, Bojan and all the other who are 'going to join'...lol.

You reckon he will start on the right or rotate? Personally think hes good enough, wonder if Dalglish will bench Kuyt though

Wonderful having options like these! We're still in for Adam, too. I'd say a lot of people now expecting a 4-3-3, we have such **** width, and unless someone like Mata comes in (which I still think may happen), Kuyt/Suarez/Carroll front line. With Meireles/Gerrard/Lucas/Spearing/Shelvey(loan, probably though)/(Adam/Downing/whoever else/Henderson rotating.

First choice front line
Lucas Gerrard Henderson
Kuyt Carroll Suarez
Imo.

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

Don't forget Mata, Cissokho, Downing, Wickham, Adam, Bojan and all the other who are 'going to join'...lol.

Where are you spouting this **** from?

Wonderful having options like these! We're still in for Adam, too. I'd say a lot of people now expecting a 4-3-3, we have such **** width, and unless someone like Mata comes in (which I still think may happen), Kuyt/Suarez/Carroll front line. With Meireles/Gerrard/Lucas/Spearing/Shelvey(loan, probably though)/(Adam/Downing/whoever else/Henderson rotating.

First choice front line
Lucas Gerrard Henderson
Kuyt Carroll Suarez
Imo.

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

Gonna need width somwhere, still need a left back, and a left winger. But looks strong

First choice front line
Lucas Gerrard Henderson
Kuyt Carroll Suarez
Imo.

Well they are after all of them apparently and some Liverpool fans seem to think they are joining.

Well they are after all of them apparently and some Liverpool fans seem to think they are joining.

Some of them will. We haven't had strength in depth for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.