cheers mate, what are the team instructions for the away games?

Pretty much the same as the default but I haven't tested it enough to know if it works as well as I want it to. I'd feel bad posting a tactic that I didn't trust since it's just a shape I'm tinkering with. As soon as I have it to a reasonable standard, I'll post it.

Cool story bro! I love liverpool (also crystal palace). Great photoshop skills.

Oh and can you check my southport story and give me some advice? That would be great :D. Please gys help to expand my strory any help would be great!

The first game; more improtant than the last.

View attachment 440190
View attachment 440188Premier League
week 1
Anfield
View attachment 440184Premier League
week 2
Cardiff City Stadium
View attachment 440183Capital One Cup.
2nd Round
London Road
View attachment 440180Premier League
week 3
Anfield

View attachment 452907
Jeff Stirling
"Hello and welcome to Soccer Saturday, I'm Jeff Stirling and we have had a cracking day today in the Permier League. With me here I have Matt Le Tissier, Paul Merson, Phil Thompson and Charlie Nicholas. West Brom held Manchester United to a 1-1 draw at the Hawthorns in the early kick off today, a disapointing start for David Moyes who took over from Sir Alex Ferguson this summer. Phil, what's happening over at Stamford Bridge?"

Phil Thompson
"It's still 2-0 Jeff. Chelsea have been on top but they're having trouble closing out the game. I'm sure they'd like to get the 3rd goal but it doesn't look like it's coming."

Jeff Stirling
"Chelsea lead Stoke City 2-0 thanks to an early goal Frank Lampard. David Luiz doubling Chelsea's lead on 35mins. Southampton beat Sunderland 3-0; goals coming from Rickie Lambert and Morgan Schneiderlin.
Arsenal's home game against Norwich finished 1-1 while Hull and Aston Villa Played out a goalless draw at The Circle. Both Swansea and Manchester City beat Fullham and West Ham 2-0, the goals coming for the home side. And times up at Stamform Bridge, Phil?"

Phil Thompson
"Yeah Jeff, it's finished 2-0. A good first half but I'm sure Mourinho will not be happy with that second half display."

Jeff Stirling
"Jose Mourinho rejoining Chelsea in the summer from Real Madrid maintains his undefeated record at Stamford Bridge"

"Now, we turn our attention to the big game on Monday. We have a cracking game in store for you on Ford Monday Night Football. Yes, the Merseyside Derby, Liverpool take on Everton in Anfield."

View attachment 440134
Jeff Stirling
"The biggest game on Merseyside is their season opener. Could there perhaps have been a more cruel opener for both Roberto Martinez and Javier Gonzalez Mendez?"

Matt Le Tissier
"I think it's a great opener for both of them. Thrown straight into the cauldron of a local derby. We'll find out exactly what they're made of and possible get to see how they'll handle the step up. These are top, top clubs and the expectation is there. Liverpool fans have been sorely missing the Champions League and they'll expect nothing less than 4th while Everton have been pushing towards the top 4 for a few years under Moyes, I'm sure the Chairman will want that push maintained even though they don't have the finacial muscle of City, Chelsea or even Spurs. There defiantly is pressure on both men"

Phil Thompson
"We've all seen Roberto Martinez from his time at Swansea in the Championship and the great work he did with Wigan, consolidating them in the Premier League. I don't think Everton fans need to worry, he's a top manager with Premier League experience. It's Mendez who has the most pressure to deal with. Don't forget, he's never managed a senior club. Yeah, he's done great things with the Ajax academe but this is certainly a huge step up"

Jeff Stirling
"Javier Gonzalez Mendez was the man Liverpool Owner John W.Henry opted to go for after Brendan Rodger's unfortunately announced he was taking a break form the game to concentrate on his recovery.
Questions surely have to be raised, he's the man the chairman wants but can he deliver on the fans expectations?"

Charlie Nicholas
"It looks to me like he was brought in to do a long term job. His background is youth coaching but the clubs he's worked at have produced some of the worlds best players, and they are starting for their teams at 16-18 years of age. Most of Liverpool's Squad is young and brimming with talent, and they now have a man who knows how to make these young stars flourish... I think Liverpool have made a good choice but can he get 4th, I don't think so.

Jeff Stirling
"You can catch Liverpool vs Everton Like on Sky Sports One and Sky Sports One HD, coverage starts at 7:30pm. That's all form us here at Soccer Saturday. Have a good evening"

View attachment 440125

Click link to skip to next chapter
A Derby on Merseyside

Last edited:
Think I'm playing the exact same tactics based on Barcelona! Working a treat in my Boro save!!!

Great story and photoshop skills :D

Sound man. I'm a creative type so this is a lot of fun for me! :)

Cool story bro! I love liverpool (also crystal palace). Great photoshop skills.

Oh and can you check my southport story and give me some advice? That would be great
grin.gif
. Please gys help to expand my strory any help would be great!

I once dated a girl who's uncle used to play in goal for Crystal Palace so just to **** him off, I decided I didn't like the team. petty I know but the rivalry was amusing :p

Will have a look at your story mate.

Think I'm playing the exact same tactics based on Barcelona! Working a treat in my Boro save!!!

Haha, I love it when that happens.
It's a solid shape for possession based systems. Bit weak out wide but you can't have it all I guess :p

Getting Sturidge to work in it is tough though., I managed to reduce his long shots (despite still have the PPM, I think it may come in useful for teams who shut up shop to get corners off of.) but he's very reluctant to pass the ****** ball.

Sound man. I'm a creative type so this is a lot of fun for me! :)

I once dated a girl who's uncle used to play in goal for Crystal Palace so just to **** him off, I decided I didn't like the team. petty I know but the rivalry was amusing :p

Will have a look at your story mate.

Nice one with the girl xD. I'm not dating girls so yea. I don't sleep because i play fm 14 xD. And thx for checking the story :)

This is a cracking story so far mate. The graphics are brilliant. I'm trying to post my first story however it keeps coming up with an error message saying 'this contains too many links and the language has to be checked in case it's offensive.' You have any idea what's going wrong? Cheers.

Great story mate, thoroughly enjoying it, even as a Chelsea fan. :p

This is a cracking story so far mate. The graphics are brilliant. I'm trying to post my first story however it keeps coming up with an error message saying 'this contains too many links and the language has to be checked in case it's offensive.' You have any idea what's going wrong? Cheers.

Thanks a million. The graphics are a lot of fun to think up.

I've no idea why you're getting that error. Try asking one of he moderators.

Great story mate, thoroughly enjoying it, even as a Chelsea fan.
tongue.gif

sound man. I hope you keep enjoying it.

I'm always torn about what to do with Chelsea. Due to the English Football code of honor, Chelsea are a rival yet, I like the team! :p

sound man. I hope you keep enjoying it.

I'm always torn about what to do with Chelsea. Due to the English Football code of honor, Chelsea are a rival yet, I like the team! :p
Of course, we're lovable. :p I don't share the feelings but just to get along here, I'll pretend that I too like Liverpool. (washes his mouth with the soap.)

Last edited:
A Derby on Merseyside

View attachment 440058 View attachment 440060View attachment 440053
Position
Player
Rating
GKFraser Forester6.60
RWBGlen Johnson7.00
CB(R)Martin Skrtle7.40
CB(L)Mamadou Sakho8.20
LWBJose Enrique6.70
DCMLucas LEvia8.10
CM(R)Jordan Henderson7.90
CM(L)Steven Gerrard7.90
ST(R)Eduardo Salvio6.70
CFDaniel Stturidge7.90
ST(L)Coutinho8.50

View attachment 440051

August
View attachment 440050

Liverpool vs Everton
S.Gerrard (1), Lucas (8), M.Sakho (67) D.Sturridge (70); L.Baines (45)

What an opening day win! Absolutely delighted to get one over Everton and the 3 points just make it all the sweater.

Cardiff City vs Liverpool
C.Bellamy (19), T.Ince (44, pen 74); D.Sturridge (18)

The form didn't last however, loosing 3-1 away to Cardiff City in a shock result. I couldn't fault the lads though , they played well but didn't have the rub-of-the-green. Daniel Sturridge with his second goal of the season denied Cardiff City a clean sheet.

Peterborough vs Liverpool
T.Barnett (11), B.Assombalonga (93); J.Teixeira (57), Coutinho (92)

3 of the starting XI came in from the reserves in the cup match against Peterborough. Keeping with my philosophy of blooding the youth. John Flanagan (Sent off on 80mins), Joao Teixeira and Jordan Rossiter all started; Teixeira getting on the score sheet. Fraser Forster was the hero after this one went to penalties, saving the second spot kick against him while we scored all 5.

Liverpool vs Norwich
Coutinho (55), Kolo Toure (90)

This was a frustrating match as John Ruddy (a goalkeeper I very highly rate) was absolutely on fire. With 60% possession and 9 shots on target, I had to shake Ruddy's hand after the match and tell him he played a blinder.
Coutinho Continued his fantastic start to the season by scoring the vital breakthrough goal after 55mins

Player of the month: August
View attachment 440046Philippe Coutinho

Appearances: 3 (1)
Goals: 2
Assists: 4
MoM: 2
Average Rating: 7.50

Coutinho put in a great shift over the past month, setting up 4 goals, 3 of which came int he 4-1 demolition of Everton. His quick, agressive and skillful dribbling proved too much for most defenders as he's terrorized down the left wing

Click link to skip to next chapter
September: The kids are back to school

Last edited:
View attachment 440019

""Against one of the best in the business"

Given the context of the story; I'm only 4 months into my first senior job, this made me burst out laughing!

Last edited:
View attachment 453278

""Against one of the best in the business"

Given the context of the story; I'm only 4 months into my first senior job, this made me burst out laughing!

the game definitely knows how good Moyes is :p

in terms of transfers, I'd say you sell Glen Johnson as a team like Chelski/Arsenal might buy him for a good price... and you could buy a better upgrade! Only saying 'coz I don't think his play/form in-game doesn't justify his wages! (even IRL!)

good luck! loving your story!

the game definitely knows how good Moyes is :p

in terms of transfers, I'd say you sell Glen Johnson as a team like Chelski/Arsenal might buy him for a good price... and you could buy a better upgrade! Only saying 'coz I don't think his play/form in-game doesn't justify his wages! (even IRL!)

good luck! loving your story!

Well soon find about, I'm just about to play this match now :p

Aye, I agree with you on his wages but he's ideal for what I'm looking for right now; an aggressive wing back.
I'll hold on to him since he has a "professional" personality which is great for the youngsters and since he can play both on the right and left, he's an invaluable utility player if both Enrique and Cissoko get injured.

John Flanagan is his successor. I know there are better out there but I don't see the point in buying when the club has a home grown boy who can be good enough to be first team quality. I'll give him a chance to make the No.2 shirt his own!

Well soon find about, I'm just about to play this match now :p

Aye, I agree with you on his wages but he's ideal for what I'm looking for right now; an aggressive wing back.
I'll hold on to him since he has a "professional" personality which is great for the youngsters and since he can play both on the right and left, he's an invaluable utility player if both Enrique and Cissoko get injured.

John Flanagan is his successor. I know there are better out there but I don't see the point in buying when the club has a home grown boy who can be good enough to be first team quality. I'll give him a chance to make the No.2 shirt his own!

understand... but how i see is this way- Johnson at the start of the game can be sold for a good price...I've always got $20m+ for him...
so that allows me to spend on other areas for improvement, saving wages as well...
might get someone like Sciglio on loan for the season who can play on both flanks/make a bid for S'mpton full backs...
but that's how i play L'pool...

awaiting your next update!!!