understand... but how i see is this way- Johnson at the start of the game can be sold for a good price...I've always got $20m+ for him...
so that allows me to spend on other areas for improvement, saving wages as well...
might get someone like Sciglio on loan for the season who can play on both flanks/make a bid for S'mpton full backs...
but that's how i play L'pool...

awaiting your next update!!!

Aye, In any other save I'd sell him and get someone who's better, cheaper and younger.
I love to raid the loan market for players to do a small job but that's usually because I'm obsessed with buying the best.

But for the challenge of the story, I'm committed to the 5 years plan.
Youth takes priority and I've a Liverpool born RB in the academe who I'm determined to make England's RB! :p

Last edited:
I wish you good luck against manchester united :). My prediction is 1-1 to be fair. :p

Disapointment

View attachment 439601Ultimately disappointing month, failing to grab a win in 3 Premier League games.
Continued my cup run though so hopefully that will keep moral on my side.

View attachment 439600I've lodged a formal complaint against Sky, I don't seem to
be able to win when they broadcast my games live.

Stoke City vs Liverpool

Premier League
1-1

Sterling gave us the lead on 20 minutes but a second half Peter Crouch screamer from outside the box meant we had to share the spoils. 67% possession but with only 3 shots on target, we didn't make the most of the chances we created for ourselves.

Liverpool vs Man Utd
Premier League
1-2

This one hurt. Having dominated the first half, we went out with attacking intent to try capitalize on a lackluster United. But it seems I would have been better off not scoring, Sturridge's strike on 53 mins seemed to wake the beast and United dominated for the last 30 minutes, scoring two crucial goals.

Liverpool vs Swansea
Capital One Cup
1-0

Martin Skrtel
, the unlikely hero broke the deadlock on 11 minutes, but it was a poor match in truth. Both sides only threatened from long range and the finishing was very poor. Luis Suarez make an unremarkable return to 1st team action. I'm expecting it to take him 2-4 games to get up the par.

West Brom vs Liverpool
Premier League
1-1

67% possession, 7 shots on target, a missed Steven Gerrard penalty. . .
Football is indeed a cruel mistress. We took the lead on 65 mins thanks to a cheeky Victor Moses lob but failed to see out the match, Leandro Damiao equalizing on 79 mins.

View attachment 4395932 Draws from 2 very winnable games have cost us badly as the leading pack begin to break away.

Football Hurts
View attachment 439599
View attachment 439598
View attachment 439597
Forster put in a great shift, Saving 11 shots on goal; holding 6 and parrying 5.

View attachment 439595

Player of the Month: September
View attachment 439594
Given that no one really excelled or stood out, I've given the September award to the Match Ball. The match ball put in a fantastic effort, scoring 8 goals. although he was pretty lonely this month, no one put him in the back of the net enough to take him home. If you would like to adopt a match ball, please dial 0800-1487-66-66.
Match Balls are waiting by the phone.

Click link to skip to next chapter
October: time for a Halloween scare?

Last edited:
Ha love the player of the month pretty unlucky results really hopefully you can kick on and climb up the league

Ha love the player of the month pretty unlucky results really hopefully you can kick on and climb up the league

Aye, just laps in concentration and the team isn't putting away the chances. Massive month in October though so after that, things can only get easier form here eh :p

October: time for a holloween scare?

The Premier League
View attachment 439547View attachment 439551
September was very disappointing and October is not looking good either. I'm worried about my job right now and It'll take some really good performances to see me through to January.

View attachment 439537Premier League
Week 7

Anfield
View attachment 439531Premier League
Week 8

Emirates Stadium
View attachment 439529Premier League
Week 9

Anfield
View attachment 439529Capital One Cup
4th Round

Anfeild

I need to stop drawing and start wining a few games, the table in unforgiving: sitting 12th with a game in hand.
goal difference is not in my favor either so i need to start winning to increase that.

Time to turn things around

Last edited:
Awesome story so far. Anyone saw today's match against Chel$hit? We were disappointing. We cant get CL football if we play this way

Time to turn things around

12th in the league. . . . .
After an opening day 4-1 win against Everton, things did not go according to plan.
With only 1 win in their next 5 games, Liverpool slumped to 12th in the
Premier League table, and the pressure was starting to show.

I had to get away form the first team for a day or two, the pressure was getting to me.
I left Tuesday's training to my assistant Tonnie Bruins Slot. We had worked together at Ajax and struck up a quick friendship. When I asked him to be my Assistant at Liverpool, he did not not even need to think about it, accepting the job without a moments hesitation and he has been a rock for me when things have not gone well.

I headed to the Kirby Academy; I may be a first team coach, but youth football is where my heart will always be. This is where my story really began, or re-ignited.
This training session changed my life.
View attachment 439360View attachment 439362Javier Gonzalez Mendez at the Kirby Academe training ground.

One of the first things I did upon arriving at the club back in June was promoting Rodolfo Borrell
from Head of Youth Development to First Team Coach.
His talents were being wasted and the First team needed his technical coaching.
I did however allow him to remain as U18's Manager.
He was the clubs previous Head of Youth Development so the current crop of players were
guys he'd brought to the club himself, I trusted him to prepare them for the U21s.

I walked out onto Kirby's training pitch, not as good as Melwood but standards
needed to be kept, the boys needed something to aim for.
Our new Head of Youth Development, Phill Cannon was setting out cones
for a the morning's session.

The players came out, sprinting onto the pitch with youthful glee,
I recognized a few faces; Jaoa Texeira, Jordan Rossitier and Jordon Ibe.
I gave Texeira and Rossitier their senior debuts against Peterborough in the Capital One cup
and Rodolfo Borrell has made a point of reminding them.

"The gaffer gave two of ye a chance in the First Team,
Lets make him wonder why ye aren't always in his team!"

View attachment 439361
Rodolfo Borrell
"There a fine group of young lads eh?"

Javier Gonzalez Mendez
"They are indeed Rodolfo, you're doing a great job here.
How's Rossitier feeling?He seemed didn't seem
happy when the Peterborough game finished."

R.Borrell
"Ah yes, he didn't feel he played that well and was very upset
that he let the team down in his first game"

J.G.Mendez
"He didn't play that well but I wasn't expecting him to light the world on fire.
It was his debut and he handled it well. I was happy with him"

R.Borrell
"Sure, you and I know that, but he's 16! He's a local boy and
you know what football means to these lads.
They want to light the stage on fire!"

J.G.Mendez
"They'll get their chance, they just need to work hard and not think about
anything other than their football"

There were shouts from the pitch, Phill Cannon was waving me over and asked If I'd sit in on the session and help them. I wouldn't dream of saying no, these kids would one day be helping Liverpool stand shoulder-to-shoulder with Europe's Elite: The UEFA Champions League

View attachment 439359
View attachment 439358
It was here where I noticed it, one of the most important
realizations of my, so far, young managerial career.

Rodolfo Borrell and Phill Cannon together drew up two rough formations;
nothing more than circles on a page to indicate positions.

They exchanged a quick nod and split the players into two groups. All they did was show
the guys the page, tell a few of the guys where they should be and just let them play.

It was an eye opener.
These kids were only 16 or 17 years of age, had been given no tactical instructions
but they were holding the defensive shape of their make-shift formations and attacking in groups.
They were playing football.

I realized I'd been too specific with my instructions, trying to tell the first team players exactly what I wanted them to do, forgetting that they were the ones on the pitch, they were the ones who had to play. All I really can do is give them a place, a shape, a mentality; and let them play.

View attachment 439357And my god did they play!

The Road to Revival

Last edited:
Awesome story so far. Anyone saw today's match against Chel$hit? We were disappointing. We cant get CL football if we play this way

Sound man but please avoid using term like "Chel$hit" here.
I don't want to see people getting offended and staring a flame war.

Have respect for everyone here and the teams they support.

The Road to Revival

News that John.W. Henry was personally flying to
England to watch Liverpool's home game against Chelsea
could mean only one thing: He was evaluating his new, under-pressure manager

With Jose Morinho's Chelsea sitting 6th in the table, a game in hand over those above them,
many people expect him to take all 3 points form Anfield.

The Premier League lived up to it billing, this was indeed
the greatest league in the world, because on-one saw this coming.

The game started tentatively, this Liverpool side looked like they
simply could not cope with the occasion . . . but Juan Mata could.
GOAL!

"Juan Mata has put Chelsea ahead!"
the commentators roared, excitement
reaching a crescendo as Jose Mourinho celebrated his sides advantage.
Eden Hazard turned, escaping the attention of Lucas before slotting the ball between
the center backs, right into the path of the onrushing Mata.

0-1

Fraser Forster punched the ground in clear disgust,
only minutes later he would be turning Eden Hazards
long-ranged effort around the post.

Luis Suarez ran the ball in a cul-de-sac before getting viciously dispossessed.
His protests fall on deaf ears as Chelsea push forward, the woodwork this time feeling their fury.

Ashley Cole and Cesar Azpilicueta ran the overlapping runs
offering Hazzard and Oscar space as they
carved into the Liverpool defense.

Glen Johnson and Aly Cissohko look utterly out of their dept.
Half time came just in time.

There was a nervous silence in the air. 45,372 seats filled with
deafening silence. Javier Gonzalez Mendez nervously walked onto the pitch,
the players hadn't returned form the dressing rooms yet.
raising a microphone to his lips, he uttered a few lines.

His broken english, his first words directly for the fans.

"Walk on, walk on.
With hope in your heart,
And you'll never walk
Alone"

The crowd slowly, one by one joined in, until there was a chorus;
a plethora of voices, serenading with passion.

The Liverpool players walked out onto the pitch, and you could see it in their eyes.
They knew right there and then, they had witnessed the birth of something special.
Their Spanish born manager had won over the fans!

Now it was their turn.

The Second half began; Eto'o rolled the ball back to Mata, who did not see the
onrushing Daniel Sturridge.

Almost as if making a point that he left Stamford Bridge for better things,
he stole the ball from Mata's feet, shot off down the channel,
weaving between Obi Mikel and Frank Lampard.

Showing Terry right, he stepped over and dragged the ball to his left before and
letting off a powerful left-footed shot that smashed against the crossbar.

The Kop roared it's appreciation and now Chelsea looked rattled.
They sensed a goal, and the occasion didn't disapoint.

GOAL!

"Liverpool have equalized! I don't believe it, Daniel Sturridge against his former club!
And you can hear just what it means to these fans, listen to that noise.
I tell you, that strike has replayed every penny of the ?12M they paid for him"

Coutinhio got the ball on the halfway line, sprints past Lampard,
Pin-points a pass into the path of Daniel Sturridge who tucks it away first time.

1-1

Liverpool push forward, smelling blood and charging for a second.

A nervous Murhinio makes a change. It's former Liverpool favorite, Fernando Torres
comingon, replacing Samuel Eto'o.

Liverpool seem to have adjusted their formation, Coutinhio and Sturidge coming in off the wings
and are sitting up high along-side Suarez . . .it seemes Mendez has switched to a 4-3-3.

GOAL!

"I don't believe it, we are witnessing a revival here at Anfield!
Luis Suarez has put Liverpool in front after 72 minutes. His first goal this season, and oh
what a time to score! His manager looks delighted"

Suarez catching Ashley Cole in possession and smashes a low driven shot
into the bottom corner past Petr Cech.

2-1

Chelsea looked firmly in the driving seat, they owned the wings while Hazard and Oscar
were making fools of the Liverpool Full Backs.

Forster was by far the busier keeper, being kept on
his toes by Chelsea for the first 45. Look at the stats.
7 shots against: 5 held, 1 parried

Morhinio will be furious with his side for letting such a commanding
positionslip away from them,

and wait, the ball's dropping at Coutinho's feet . . .

GOAL!

"COUTINHO! Take a bow son, take a bow.
2 goals in 2 minutes,
A screamer from outside the box."

Johnson swung a ball in from the right hand side, easily dealt with by Ashley Cole
but look at Coutinho here! He picked up a possition just outside the box, watching it come down he lets it fall as low as he can before unleashing an unbelievable right footed volly, leaving Cech no chance.

3-1

What an unlikely comeback! This is the Liverpool we saw on the opening day against Everton:
Ruthless, clinical and precise. Liverpool went on to win that game 4-1, we're not seeing a repeat
of that scoreline. . . . .or are we.

Suarez has the ball, latching onto a delightful pass from Gerrard. . .
He's past Terry, he takes it around Cole, he's one-on-one with Cech.

Something form nothing. Lucas picks up the ball in his own half before laying it off to Gerrard. Now watch the movement of Suarez to create the space, Gerrard picks him out! He still had a lot of work to do but he made it look like child's play; John Terry and Ashley Cole, two of England's most experienced defenders, turned inside out by the Uruguayan.
GOAL!

"My, oh my, oh my. Sensational. Simply sensational!
Suarez scored his 2nd goal, Liverpool's 4th, inside 6 minutes.
We're looking at a route here! What a second half form Liverpool!"

4-1

Suarez scores 2, Sturrige and Coutinho both on the score sheet to recuse a
game that looked far beyond them!

Wait, Ben Arfa has the ball. . .

GOAL!

"Ben Arfa pulls it back to 4-2, but the Liverpool fans don't care, their party has already started!
what a period we're after haivng. 4 goals in 8 minutes"

4-2

What a game and what a result.
Javier Gonzalez Mendez inspires a huge win for his side.

Last edited:
The month that defined us

View attachment 439117View attachment 439118
A month that I had been dreading since I lost the Man United game.
So many big matches but I'm happy with how they went.
I was expecting to loose at least one of them but Home to Newcastle
came as a bit of a shock, still the lads were tired about their heroics against
Chelsea and Arsenal.

Liverpool F.C. vs Chelsea F.C.
Premier League
4-2

I just wrote a whole page on this fecking match, go read it there :p

Arsenal F.C. vs Liverpool F.C.
Premier League
2-2

Our form form the Chelsea game carried on and we were ahead after 3 minutes
thanks to a Giroud own goal. Raheem Stirling made it 0-2 after 21 minutes but we couldn't get a 3rd.
Mesut Ozil was left with a tap-in after Forster spectacularly saved 2 point-black shots but couldn't keep out the Germans 5 year finish. Thomas Vermaelen scored form a 83rd minutes corner to end the match in a draw.

Liverpool F.C. vs Newcastle United
Premier League
0-2

Suarez and Srurridge didn't take their chances, otherwise, it was a good performance from the team.
Moussa Sissoko put Newcastle ahead after 25 minslook out of it, creating chances and passing well.
55% possesion; 19% in the Newcastle third, but we just couldn't that the vital goal.
Newcastle then killed it off after 82mins when Papiss Cisse broke the Offside trap
and slotted under the hapless Fraser Forster.

Liverpool F.C. vs Newcastle United
Capital One Cup 4th Round
4-1

Nothign like revenge. Sweet, sweet revenge!
Like in the Chelsea match, Newcastle got off to an early lead after 22 mins when Gabriel Obertan turned inside Cissokho and floated the ball over Forster. This lead would not last however, 29 mins gone and Moses was tripped by Vuron Anita inside the penalty area: Gerrard converted the spot kick. Goals from Mamadou Sakho (42) and Luis Suarez (80) compleated the scoring as Liverpool advance to the Quarter Final.

View attachment 439095
While I still remain in the top half at 9th, I've stopped the free-fall and got 4 points form Chelsea and Arsenal.
Now it time to kick on up the table and secure European football.
Only 4pts from my minimum aim of 6th (Europa League Football) so
it's not as bad as it may seem.

Player of the Month: October
View attachment 439098
Steven Gerrard

Average rating: 8.2
Played: 4
Goals: 2
Assists: 3

In other news
View attachment 439093Jordan Henderson scores his first goal for England against Moldova

November Blues

Last edited:
Much better month! Loving the story so far and soory for using "ChelShit"... was a bit angry after the match.

November Blues

View attachment 439003
View attachment 438999
Disappointed with the Crystal Palace result but I was on the ropes
against Southampton so I guess it balances out

View attachment 438998

West Ham United vs Liverpool F.C
Premier League
2-3

I was delighted with the resolve shown by the lads, having fell behind twice we took kept up the intensity and came out on top in a great game. Wiston Reid gave West Ham a dream start by heading home a corner on 2 minutes. John Flanagan scored his first goal for the club and it was one to remember, A Liverpool corner taken short, Suarez crossed the ball into the penalty area before Flanagan struck it first time on the volley and past Jaaskelainen. Reid scored his second on 64 mins while Sakho, equalized again, for Liverpool on 71 mins; both goals coming form Corners. It was a hectic end to the game, both sides throwing cation to the wind but on 80 mins, Sterling took the ball up the left and drilled in a low cross which was fired into the goal by Lucas.

Southampton vs Liverpool F.C.
Premier League
0-0

I don't know how I came out of this game with a point, my team was played off the park by Southampton and Fraser Forster was the only thing standing between them and a home win.

Southampton

Liverpool F.C.
Shots
On Target
59%
Possession
41%

All 15 shots saved by the Liverpool Keeper who finished with a Man of the Match wining 7.8 Match Rating.

Liverpool F.C. vs Crystal Palace
Premier League
2-2

This was a game where both sides led at one point but ultimately could not be separated after 90 minutes.
Glen Johnson scored after 10 mins giving Liverpool an early lead. Crystal Palace hit back with two goals before half time; Chemakh (39) and Kevin Phillips (42) to send the home side trailing at the interval.
Luis Suarez scored after 61 minutes to compete the scoring.

Liverpool F.C. vs Hull City A.F.C.
Premier League
3-1

Hull City opened the scoring after 14 minutes. Robbie Brady's lucky free-kick hitting the post only to be turned in by an outstretched Fraser Forster. That was all we would hear from Hull as Liverpool put three un-answered scores past Allen McGregor to sign off a comfortable Home win. Martian Skrtle (28), Daniel Sturridge (39) and Steven Gerrard (pen 55) were the Liverpool goal scorers.

View attachment 438995
We move up 2 places since last month. A strong December could see Liverpool Challenge for that
coveted final Champions League spot.

Player of the month: November
View attachment 438994

What a month by the 6'6" English man. I'm expecting him to be on the plane to Brazil with the form he's been in for us this season. His performance at St.Mary's Stadium alone earned him Player of the month.

Average Rating: 7.03
Appearances: 4
Clean Sheets: 1
Shots Saved: 21

Last edited:
Much better month! Loving the story so far and soory for using "ChelShit"... was a bit angry after the match.

Not a bother mate. All's forgiven :p
I know how you felt, I was livid after the match . . . .then I played them myself in Fm and well, you saw what happened there :p

Last edited:
Premier League
3-2

Shouldn't you write 2-3?

3-2 makes it seem like West Ham won.

Premier League
3-2

Shouldn't you write 2-3?

3-2 makes it seem like West Ham won.

That's what I get when I write updates at ridiculous O'Clock in the morning :p
Will edit now. thanks mate.

Good to see the English giant doing well in Liverpool. Has done wonders up here in Celtic IRL so it's nice to see him winning points on his own for you :p

Good to see the English giant doing well in Liverpool. Has done wonders up here in Celtic IRL so it's nice to see him winning points on his own for you :p

I always been a huge fan of him myself. The scout's in FM don't rate him all the highly but my Christ, he;'s immense!
After the mistakes Reina was making last season, I was Rodgers would try sneak him off ye :p