Really good start from Isco then from the sounds of it! Not so great from Thiago, but as you say he's still far from what you'd traditionally consider to be his peak age, so sure that he'll still come good on his promise and potential!

Yeah haha as a Liverpool fan I didn't have the heart to not play him, the fact that it was 10 years and played at the same stadium just seemed to good a chance to miss. I've given him a contract as player/under 18s coach now and moved him to the reserves as I have way too many midfielders now.

Definitely starting to understand what you mean about it becoming a burden, the last few days of the transfer window became a bit of a nightmare. I have 4 or 5 transfer requests, a couple of players didn't turn up to training so when January comes I may well have to cut a few of them. My issue at the moment is mainly with the first team "back up players". My issue is that my favoured eleven are still so young and nowhere near their potential that I can't really afford the luxury of rotating them with players who are even further away from their potential as the team could become too weak. In the end I couldn't get rid of Suarez or Allen in August, but they're definitely top of my list to try and get rid of in January, and I probably need to sell at least another 3 of my first team squad.

Wow yeah you definitely picked things up in that second season! Who were your top 3 scorers that year? I think my first season I scored 74, second was 85, conceding 33 both seasons. Then last season only scored 76 but conceded 19, with 23 clean sheets so I was really happy with the defensive performance! Felt really nervous then selling Skrtel and Enrique, but Kjaer seems to be going from strength to strength. I took him on a free transfer, with the intention of just selling him on straight away (as I did with Mame Diouf) but he's really relieved the pressure to bring through Marcelin who is a 5* CD regen I'm focusing on bringing through.

If you do need a slightly older RB, I can't recommend Wallace enough, I got him for £4.4m and he's now a national team contender for Brazil, scores some absolute screamers as well haha. His PA varies from 4 to 5* so will be interesting to see where he ends up.

Unfortunately not! Similar to you that was one of my top priorities, first season the board outright refused anything. I'm nearing the end of my second completed extension, but even after that I'll only be at 50,000 so I think I might then just wait a few years to improve finances further and then try and build a new stadium. Old Trafford is at 92000 on mine, it's so frustrating that they've been able to expand so much!

Last season I had a profit of £4m, the projection for this season is an £80m which is largely from the fact that I've sold so many big names early on in the summer window. Yeah I'd definitely agreed tbh, to have a squad of that ability/potential so low is very good. Mine is currently at £1.75, which is definitely more than I'd like (even though the budget is £2.45m) once I'm able to either move on Reina, or get him on to a staff contract it'll look a lot better though (he's on £150,000), even on Gerrard player/staff contract he's on £75,000 so I should be able to knock another £50,00 off that when I move him over to solely staff.

Really good start from Isco then from the sounds of it! Not so great from Thiago, but as you say he's still far from what you'd traditionally consider to be his peak age, so sure that he'll still come good on his promise and potential!

Yeah I'm sure he'll improve. So far in the third season he has 10 apps, 1 goal and 3 assists, with an avg. rating of 7.05.

Definitely starting to understand what you mean about it becoming a burden, the last few days of the transfer window became a bit of a nightmare. I have 4 or 5 transfer requests, a couple of players didn't turn up to training so when January comes I may well have to cut a few of them. My issue at the moment is mainly with the first team "back up players". My issue is that my favoured eleven are still so young and nowhere near their potential that I can't really afford the luxury of rotating them with players who are even further away from their potential as the team could become too weak. In the end I couldn't get rid of Suarez or Allen in August, but they're definitely top of my list to try and get rid of in January, and I probably need to sell at least another 3 of my first team squad.

Yeah that's the thing, you risk getting too many players in the squad, and some of them will get unhappy about lack of playing time, get lower morale, hand in transfer requests, give you problems regarding discipline etc. I think the best approach is to have about 18 players you know you'll be able to give a fair amount of playing time, and count on more experienced players as backup - or have some good prospects on the reserve team you can move up to first team in case of injuries/suspensions. I'm having problems limiting myself, as there are so many potential stars out there I wanna buy.

Wow yeah you definitely picked things up in that second season! Who were your top 3 scorers that year? I think my first season I scored 74, second was 85, conceding 33 both seasons. Then last season only scored 76 but conceded 19, with 23 clean sheets so I was really happy with the defensive performance! Felt really nervous then selling Skrtel and Enrique, but Kjaer seems to be going from strength to strength. I took him on a free transfer, with the intention of just selling him on straight away (as I did with Mame Diouf) but he's really relieved the pressure to bring through Marcelin who is a 5* CD regen I'm focusing on bringing through.

Not sure how to check stats from earlier seasons, but Neymar had 28(1) apps in the PL, 34 goals and 11 assists with an avg. rating of 7.89! In total last season he had 45(3) apps, 52 goals and 19 assists. Definitely worth the £39m. Sterling had 23(4) apps in the PL, 10 goals and 13 assists and avg. rating of 7.54. I also sold Skrtel and Enrique, and the only one I still have in defense from the original line-up is Agger, who I'll sell next summer. Kjær is awesome, a good buy and someone I've had success with on earlier versions of FM, especially when teaming up him and Agger.

Last season I had a profit of £4m, the projection for this season is an £80m which is largely from the fact that I've sold so many big names early on in the summer window. Yeah I'd definitely agreed tbh, to have a squad of that ability/potential so low is very good. Mine is currently at £1.75, which is definitely more than I'd like (even though the budget is £2.45m) once I'm able to either move on Reina, or get him on to a staff contract it'll look a lot better though (he's on £150,000), even on Gerrard player/staff contract he's on £75,000 so I should be able to knock another £50,00 off that when I move him over to solely staff.

Yeah I have a projection of £86m this season, not sure if that's what I'll end up with, but definitely a good plus margin in any case. I have 5 players on £100k p/w or more, and Gerrard is one of them. What keeper are you looking to replace Reina with? I replaced him with ter Stegen already in the first window, and he's played every single game for me so far and been immense. I guess he'll be 23 years old or something in your save now, and if he's been playing regularly his potential should still be pretty high. It's fixed to start with, and higher than that of David de Gea.

View attachment 287130

As you can see, Man City is paying more than double of what I'm paying, haha! I don't mind my wages increasing in the future, as long as I can handle it and the team is performing well. But I don't think I'll ever have it as high as City, if that happens I'll resign...

Definitely sounds like he's moving in the right direction then from those stats and pretty quickly too!

Yeah totally agree, in past years I've never really had anymore than 21 in the first team squad. My issue last year was that I played so many games (68, including 4 pre-season friendlies) that conditioning started to become a major issue, and in turn injuries became stupidly common. At one time even after bringing in some youth/reserves I could only put out 5 subs I really felt comfortable with. This season my first team squad is 32, I'm thinking 24-27 is probably a better number for me next year. It does get really hard when you come across a good prospect to limit yourself though as you say! Clearly from the fact I have 52 players across my squads I struggle even more so haha.

Neymar sounds like a bargain with those stats haha. He basically played a part in 50% of your league goals?! I really need someone that consistent, as much as I love Suarez in real life for Liverpool he can be so frustrating on FM haha. He'll be 29 by the end of the January transfer window though so I really need to try and move him on. Agger played about the first 10 games in 12/13 for me then got injured, and Coates was too consistently high performing to really drop. Really pleasantly surprised by Kjaer though!

My projection has gone up to £83.02m, nice to see it heading in the right direction! Have you done the "recommending staff role talk" with Gerrard? Once he gets on with that you can offer him a player/staff contract which will be a lot lower even if you do plan to keep using him from time to time! I have Jamie Carragher as my assistant, so not sure what I'll do when Gerrard totally retires as I'd prefer him as my assistant, before he succeeds me. I've been a massive fan of ter Stegen since discovering him on last years FIFA, and would definitely have gone for him, but I found a Dutch regen with 5* who is developing well and looks like he will get there. I have a pretty handy back up in Mattia Perin (2.5 CA/2.5 PA) but will probably look to sell him on in a couple of years.

I'm actually really jealous of your wage situation haha. I want to get mine down to that sort of level, obviously once I get rid of a few players including Suarez, it won't be far off but I've been looking at some renewals and it's not looking good! For starters Wilshere is asking for double his wages (taking him to £220,000pw), double appearance fee, double goal bonus...

How does yours compare?

View attachment 287152

Here's my start to the season. So proud of my defence yet again, especially considering the 4 who I've played most have an average age of below 21 haha. At the other end of the pitch, I have no idea what to do. When I've rotated the team, players who I didn't see as starters have played really well, leaving me with decisions to make!

View attachment 287154

What's your 18 man squad/tactics page, looking like this season?

Neymar sounds like a bargain with those stats haha. He basically played a part in 50% of your league goals?! I really need someone that consistent, as much as I love Suarez in real life for Liverpool he can be so frustrating on FM haha. He'll be 29 by the end of the January transfer window though so I really need to try and move him on. Agger played about the first 10 games in 12/13 for me then got injured, and Coates was too consistently high performing to really drop. Really pleasantly surprised by Kjaer though!

Yeah, he was worth about £44m for a while, now he's dropped to £34.5m though because of a slow start to the season (a slow start for him meaning "just" 9 goals in 12 Premier League games). I'm planning on keeping him as long as I can afford his wages.

My projection has gone up to £83.02m, nice to see it heading in the right direction! Have you done the "recommending staff role talk" with Gerrard? Once he gets on with that you can offer him a player/staff contract which will be a lot lower even if you do plan to keep using him from time to time! I have Jamie Carragher as my assistant, so not sure what I'll do when Gerrard totally retires as I'd prefer him as my assistant, before he succeeds me. I've been a massive fan of ter Stegen since discovering him on last years FIFA, and would definitely have gone for him, but I found a Dutch regen with 5* who is developing well and looks like he will get there. I have a pretty handy back up in Mattia Perin (2.5 CA/2.5 PA) but will probably look to sell him on in a couple of years.

Yeah I did that with both Carra and Gerrard, and they both look like **** coaches. I let Carra run out his last contract, and he's currently an unemployed manager. Gerrard has terrible attributes, and the only one over 13 is defending! Totally random, I wish SI would make players becoming staff have less randomized attributes. How are their attributes on your save? Must be decent if you're having Carra as assistant, or is that more due to nostalgia?

I'm actually really jealous of your wage situation haha. I want to get mine down to that sort of level, obviously once I get rid of a few players including Suarez, it won't be far off but I've been looking at some renewals and it's not looking good! For starters Wilshere is asking for double his wages (taking him to £220,000pw), double appearance fee, double goal bonus...

Hehe, I'm pretty pleased with it at the moment yeah, but I know what you mean about players asking for extreme wages. It's really typical when they're already on high wages and your team is having success. It sucks, but I guess it's realistic unfortunately.

View attachment 287156

Here's my start to the season. So proud of my defence yet again, especially considering the 4 who I've played most have an average age of below 21 haha. At the other end of the pitch, I have no idea what to do. When I've rotated the team, players who I didn't see as starters have played really well, leaving me with decisions to make!

Very nice start! Just 3 goals conceded in 10 games is really strong. I just finished my 13th game and have a 27-7 goal difference, meaning yours is slightly better. My next game is against City, so hopefully it won't **** my stats up too much. It's at home, so I'm definitely going for a win, they're a bit too close in the league table for my liking. Yeah, I know alot of people rotate players every other game because they have so many players and they're desperately trying to keep them all happy. I pick my team based upon condition and form rather than games played. Like Rodrigo, who scored 4 goals in the last match. There's no doubt he'll be starting against City, pushing Neymar out to the AML.

What's your 18 man squad/tactics page, looking like this season?

View attachment 287169

Gerrard has been really great recently, and still has some games in him, so I couldn't leave him out for the next match. Usually Isco would start, but like you can see he only has a 6.74 rating the last 5 games. Rodrigo got a 9.9 rating the last game haha, hope he can keep scoring like that, he's stealing the limelight from Neymar at the moment!

Yeah, he was worth about £44m for a while, now he's dropped to £34.5m though because of a slow start to the season (a slow start for him meaning "just" 9 goals in 12 Premier League games). I'm planning on keeping him as long as I can afford his wages.

I saw one screencap of Neymar at early to mid twenties where his valuation was 90 million euros! Think he was at Barcelona on that one though so might explain it to some extent, but still pretty crazy to say the least! I was intending to keep Wilshere right to the end of his career, but if his wage demands stay as it is I might struggle to! Going to wait till January so I can at least put another 5 and half years on it! Is there a date when all the valuations go up just out of age? I noticed it at the end of last season every player seemed to increase loads, but it could have been because I'd just won the Champions League.

Yeah I did that with both Carra and Gerrard, and they both look like **** coaches. I let Carra run out his last contract, and he's currently an unemployed manager. Gerrard has terrible attributes, and the only one over 13 is defending! Totally random, I wish SI would make players becoming staff have less randomized attributes. How are their attributes on your save? Must be decent if you're having Carra as assistant, or is that more due to nostalgia?

As if, that is pretty weird. They're both really solid tbh. Carragher is 17 defence, 16 mental and youth, 15 technique and tactical. Gerrard is 20 attacking, 16 man management, youth and mental, 15 fitness, disappointing tactical and technique though. Really can't understand why they've come out poorly on yours.

Hehe, I'm pretty pleased with it at the moment yeah, but I know what you mean about players asking for extreme wages. It's really typical when they're already on high wages and your team is having success. It sucks, but I guess it's realistic unfortunately.

Ahh the main differences are rotation, hot prospect and not needed then! Most of my rotations are in fact hot prospects, but they weren't interested in that status so yeah, more of a sign I need to stop signing quite so many young players haha.

Very nice start! Just 3 goals conceded in 10 games is really strong. I just finished my 13th game and have a 27-7 goal difference, meaning yours is slightly better. My next game is against City, so hopefully it won't **** my stats up too much. It's at home, so I'm definitely going for a win, they're a bit too close in the league table for my liking. Yeah, I know alot of people rotate players every other game because they have so many players and they're desperately trying to keep them all happy. I pick my team based upon condition and form rather than games played. Like Rodrigo, who scored 4 goals in the last match. There's no doubt he'll be starting against City, pushing Neymar out to the AML.

Wow yeah definitely hard to justify dropping someone after scoring 4 in a game! I've generally done pretty well against City, Newcastle and Arsenal have been the teams that I've really struggled against for some reason. My main issue is the fact that I have anywhere up to 8 players competing for my AML/AMC/AMR line, then for my 2 MC spots I have 7 realistic choices, there is some crossover obviously same goes for ST, but I definitely have too many players.

Gerrard has been really great recently, and still has some games in him, so I couldn't leave him out for the next match. Usually Isco would start, but like you can see he only has a 6.74 rating the last 5 games. Rodrigo got a 9.9 rating the last game haha, hope he can keep scoring like that, he's stealing the limelight from Neymar at the moment!

Ahh yeah, looks like he;s on a good run. Unfortunately his CA has gone down so much for me that it'd take an absolutely massive injury crisis for him to be a consideration. I'm not certain I'll have started the same 11 in any two matches so far this season, so could be a while before I work out my best 11!

Mersk I am interested in copying your tacs as been trying lots of different ones to try and get LFC firing. I have coppied from the screen shot but do you use any individual tacs, shouts and whats the team instructions??

Thanks for any help.

I finished the 2012/13 season in 5th place, 3 points off top 4. Disappointed in getting knocked out in the Group Stage of the EL and 3rd Round of the CO Cup and the 4th Round of the FA Cup. Borini finished as top scorer for me, 35 league goals... breaking the EPL goalscoring record. Notable players i bought were Georginio Wijnaldum, Danny Simpson, Wilfried Zaha. And players i sold were Cole, Spearing, Glen J, etc.

How did you get rid of cole. at start or end of season. i never gt hime to agree to leave. what tac did you use?

I saw one screencap of Neymar at early to mid twenties where his valuation was 90 million euros! Think he was at Barcelona on that one though so might explain it to some extent, but still pretty crazy to say the least! I was intending to keep Wilshere right to the end of his career, but if his wage demands stay as it is I might struggle to! Going to wait till January so I can at least put another 5 and half years on it! Is there a date when all the valuations go up just out of age? I noticed it at the end of last season every player seemed to increase loads, but it could have been because I'd just won the Champions League.

****, that's insane. I've noticed the valuation works differently from previous versions. On FM12, if you bought a player for £50m, he would be valued at £50m regardless of his previous value and it would gradually drop. On FM13 on the other hand, the value of player might increase slightly after being bought, but it doesn't get set to the buy price. I've also found that players generally decrease in value during the season, but only if they have already reached their potential. Young players with high potential will gradually increase in value as long as they are improving, but experienced players tend to drop (unless they're playing exceptionally well), and when the summer transfer window comes it shoots back up - this could probably be related to winning trophies and the signing of new contracts. This means that if you're gonna buy an experienced player, it could be wise to do it in january. Likewise, it could be wise to wait until the summer window before you sell an experienced player. At least that's my impression so far.

As if, that is pretty weird. They're both really solid tbh. Carragher is 17 defence, 16 mental and youth, 15 technique and tactical. Gerrard is 20 attacking, 16 man management, youth and mental, 15 fitness, disappointing tactical and technique though. Really can't understand why they've come out poorly on yours.

Yeah, it's because they are generally randomized. It continues to confuse me why SI have chosen to have coaches' attributes differ so much from save to save. I've seen lists of coaches supposed to be 4.5-5 stars, who on my save have often been just 3.5-4 stars. The same goes for players becoming staff, like Carra and Gerrard: Their attributes are randomized, leaving you with attributes decided by a random throw of dices. Very frustrating and pointless. I was hoping SI would do something about it in FM13, but obviously they haven't.

Wow yeah definitely hard to justify dropping someone after scoring 4 in a game! I've generally done pretty well against City, Newcastle and Arsenal have been the teams that I've really struggled against for some reason. My main issue is the fact that I have anywhere up to 8 players competing for my AML/AMC/AMR line, then for my 2 MC spots I have 7 realistic choices, there is some crossover obviously same goes for ST, but I definitely have too many players.

Rodrigo scored 1 against City, and Neymar scored 2. Ended up beating them 5-1, which gives me a breather at the top of the league table. I've usually done well against Newcastle and Arsenal, the team that I struggle against is actually Wolves! But yeah, with that many players to choose from it can be hard for a player to maintain a good form. Also, if you sell some players you'll cut down on your wage budget and thus earn the club more money. But I definitely feel you, it's hard to say no to buying wonderkids for bargain prices!

Mersk I am interested in copying your tacs as been trying lots of different ones to try and get LFC firing. I have coppied from the screen shot but do you use any individual tacs, shouts and whats the team instructions??

Thanks for any help.

Personally I wouldn't recommend copying anyone's tactics, as all tactics are (meant to be) suited for the team in question and the players at hand. This is especially true in FM13 in contrast to earlier versions. In FM12 you could use the same tactic for every game and win them all, provided you had the best players. In FM13 though, you'll find that some tactics work against certain other tactics, but fail to do the job in other cases. For instance, my 4-2-3-1 is not very efficient playing against a 4-1-2-3, as their DM will often cancel out my AMC, who is also my main playmaker. I could list up several different examples, but I'm sure you get the point.

Nevertheless, I will provide you with some screenshots should you decide to try it anyway.

View attachment 287304View attachment 287316View attachment 287315View attachment 287314View attachment 287313View attachment 287312View attachment 287311View attachment 287310View attachment 287309View attachment 287308View attachment 287306View attachment 287305View attachment 287317

The shouts I use are "retain possession", "play out of defence", "play through defence" and "hassle opponents". I often change team mentality to Control after taking the lead, especially if I'm playing a strong side. Bear in mind I rarely use this tactic when playing away games, unless I'm playing a weak side or feel like gambling. In away games I usually play with my other tactic, which is a more defensive one with a DM instead of an AMC.

Don't expect immediate firework, and don't rely on it to win you games. The best thing you can do is develop your own tactics. And remember, if you lose or draw games with a tactic you feel suits your team, a huge change in tactics may not be the best answer. Sometimes small tweaks are all it takes.

Last edited:
****, that's insane. I've noticed the valuation works differently from previous versions. On FM12, if you bought a player for £50m, he would be valued at £50m regardless of his previous value and it would gradually drop. On FM13 on the other hand, the value of player might increase slightly after being bought, but it doesn't get set to the buy price. I've also found that players generally decrease in value during the season, but only if they have already reached their potential. Young players with high potential will gradually increase in value as long as they are improving, but experienced players tend to drop (unless they're playing exceptionally well), and when the summer transfer window comes it shoots back up - this could probably be related to winning trophies and the signing of new contracts. This means that if you're gonna buy an experienced player, it could be wise to do it in january. Likewise, it could be wise to wait until the summer window before you sell an experienced player. At least that's my impression so far.

Yeah I'd noticed that as well, the thing at the end of the season just through me a little. I'd never done more than a couple of seasons on FM12, but really like how they've changed the values system. Definitely makes it a lot more rewarding to manage "the Wenger way" haha. I think the morale of a player may have some effect as well, although obviously that seemingly effects form as well, in turn effecting the value. I had to bite the bullet a bit with Suarez. Got to January in my save and I hadn't even given him 10 matches (starts or as a sub), his value was going up and down, but always around £15m, and with the number of players I options I have for the attacking 3, and Son Heung Min and Ademilson as my favoured strikers, this wasn't really gonna change! I managed to get £23.5m for him, to Juventus. Felt a bit gutted to sell him, and the fans weren't happy to see a club icon go either.

His last match pretty much summed up his Liverpool career. Home match against Tottenham, he scored a wonder goal after 10 minutes, but then missed 2 penalties in the first half haha (they had Vertonghen sent off in the first minute, we hammered them all game).

Yeah, it's because they are generally randomized. It continues to confuse me why SI have chosen to have coaches' attributes differ so much from save to save. I've seen lists of coaches supposed to be 4.5-5 stars, who on my save have often been just 3.5-4 stars. The same goes for players becoming staff, like Carra and Gerrard: Their attributes are randomized, leaving you with attributes decided by a random throw of dices. Very frustrating and pointless. I was hoping SI would do something about it in FM13, but obviously they haven't.

In the case of former players, you would think there'd be a lot more consistency than there obviously is. After how they both turned out in mine I assumed that there was a pattern, from the fact mine seemed logical but yours suggest otherwise! I wonder if it's linked to their attributes at the point in their playing career you encourage them to become a staff member?

Rodrigo scored 1 against City, and Neymar scored 2. Ended up beating them 5-1, which gives me a breather at the top of the league table. I've usually done well against Newcastle and Arsenal, the team that I struggle against is actually Wolves! But yeah, with that many players to choose from it can be hard for a player to maintain a good form. Also, if you sell some players you'll cut down on your wage budget and thus earn the club more money. But I definitely feel you, it's hard to say no to buying wonderkids for bargain prices!

Haha that's a great result! How many points clear are you now? We hit a bit of a rut in December, finally lost a game after a 58 game unbeaten streak, ironically it was against Arsenal that I broke their record haha. But it then seemed appropriate it was Man U that beat me. I've sold Suarez(£23.5m) and Allen(£17.5m) in early January, which obviously took quite a bit off, but I have to pay Suarez 48k p/w till June 2017. I'm now about 70k p/w better off than I was, that's after renewing Wilshere, Casquero (LB 5* regen) and a few hot prospects.

I saw your thread about potential dropping and despite what some say there is definitely something in it other than it being relevent to the squad. I notice it with Sterling, Wallace and Kjaer a lot! But the same as you Sterling's value is now other £20m so I don't understand why. I also had Coates pick up a hip injury leaving him out for 3+ months, both his CA and PA were 4* before the injury, after his comeback he's down to 2.5* CA and PA. Not happy at all!

Just finished third season, won the Premier League, Champions League, FA Cup and even the Mickey Mouse Cup even though I didn't even try to win it, haha. I decided I needed to make some changes in the squad, and even though I'm only in mid-June I've already had a busy transfer window so far.

I decided to let Agger and Suarez go. Agger was 30 and only had 1 year left on his contract. Luckily Real Madrid was interested, and bought him for £31.5m, roughly double of his value. Suarez was 28 with also just 1 year remaining on his contract, and didn't have a really good season, scoring only 2 goals in 30 league matches. He still had an avg. rating of 7.11, and attracted the likes of Barcelona, who outbid Man City with a bid of £45m against City's of £41m. Both deals are confirmed.

In addition I signed Daniel Sturridge for just £1.8m in the January window, played him in 6 matches in which he performed good, and just sold him to Wolves for £13m! Great business. I'm also looking to offload Shelvey who I no longer need, despite him having performed well and reached a value of £21m. I'm hoping to get somewhere near £30m for him. I'm also trying to sell Rodrigo, who despite scoring a decent amount of goals hasn't really convinced me. I bought him for £13.5m and he's now valued to £16.5m, but the only offer I've had so far is a loan offer from Stoke that will cover his wages and use him as a key player. Might not be a bad deal, as his value could increase further if he has a successful loan spell. I've not had any offers for Suso yet, although he's worth £21m and is just 21 years old. But there's still plenty of time left in the transfer window.

The only signing I've made so far, apart from regens, is Kyriakos Papadopoulos. I figured I needed a dependable centre back as Agger left, and I'm about to offload Vadim Demidov who I used as backup. That will leave me with Papadopoulos, Zouma, Nkoulou and Doria, which should provide good cover in that position. One of the regens I bought was a £12m signing from Barcelona:

View attachment 288910

Notice the great stat distribution, and how many attributes that are around the 15 mark. He just turned 17, and I got a good feeling about this one. Also got some others regens in, most of them for just a compensation fee.

View attachment 288915View attachment 288916View attachment 288917View attachment 288918

Conchie and Eastham came through my own youth intake, and especially Conchie looks awesome. Him and Ernesto Roberto are the main reasons I'm selling Shelvey. With Thiago and Isco (who both have had a great season and are value at £28.5m and £27.5m respectively) as first choices, these two should provide some interesting backup. And of course I also have players like Wellington Nem, Neymar and Gerrard(!) who can also play in the AMC role should it be needed.

I'll post an update when the transfer window is over, but so far it's looking really good. These transfers also mean I'll be reducing my wage budget, as Suarez was on £100K p/w and Agger on £75K. Btw, Raheem Sterling is now valued at £27m! Allen and Lucas are both at £25m, and I'm gonna keep Lucas for another season as he's still 28 and I can sell him for a good price next year.

I might need some reinforcements as far as wingers go, since Suarez mainly rotated with Sterling on AML and Suso rotated with Nem on AMR. Might go for Oxlade-Chamberlain to replace Suso, unless I can find a regen or retrain one I already have.

Does anyone have a Liverpool save file i may use? Reason being I have one myself, however I keep getting those crashes with the dump files..strangely enough my liverpool save is the ONLY one that does this....and its also quite saddening cause on that particular save Im first in the league in December and Borini is a scoring machine. I don't want to start over to be honest. I dont want to be picky incase anyone does let me use their save, but id prefer it to be in the 2nd season or even halfway or so through the first

Hi fellas, Just recently got the game ( last thursday ) completed a season with Liverpool and came 4th!! Which im pretty chuft about, part from the fact Utd came above me but what can ya do, biggest shockers of my season was 1. Borini has been an absolute star, along with Suarez upfront.. First few games I wasnt even playing Borini, but I stuck him on and he's smashing them in left right and center. 2. Danny Wilson .. I played him from the beginning with Skrtel.. Legends together, Agger as back up! anyway.. on to the next season, just got Douglas Costa and a few others.

Alright, finally finished with the transfer window. Think it went pretty good, especially the financial aspect.

View attachment 289801

Decided to stick with Suso, signed him on a new contract since Arsenal wanted crazy money for Oxlade-Chamberlain. Got a bunch of great regens, and will be using them as backup. I also signed some decent players for free, who I have loaned out and look to sell after the season. Also the board expanded the stadium and it's now at 55.000 seats. They don't wanna build a new stadium yet, but maybe in a year or two.

Alright, finally finished with the transfer window. Think it went pretty good, especially the financial aspect.

View attachment 289801

Decided to stick with Suso, signed him on a new contract since Arsenal wanted crazy money for Oxlade-Chamberlain. Got a bunch of great regens, and will be using them as backup. I also signed some decent players for free, who I have loaned out and look to sell after the season. Also the board expanded the stadium and it's now at 55.000 seats. They don't wanna build a new stadium yet, but maybe in a year or two.

very nice management mate

Well Im starting to struggle a little, Borini, my top goal scorer is injured for about 7-8 months, Suarez - morale very poor... he cant score, i got W.Zaha, who is proving to be quiet decent.. first game he got a hatrick.. next fixtures within 5 games are reading,newcastle,man city, utd & Juventus.. oh dear!!

View attachment 289801

Wow not bad at all, I swear 15/16 is a really good year for raking it in haha I took about £125m to £14m spent that year.

16/17 started pretty awful for me, worst league start and between Euro Super Cup and Club World Championship I'm permanently playing catch up with anything up to 4 games in hand at some points. Only took 2 points from my first 3 matches which was pretty worrying. Ademilson has just become amazing though, think he has 3 hat tricks so far this season, about 30 goals in little over 20 games now.

My defence is finally looking how I want, so I'm probably going to sell Kjaer and Coates in January at the end of the season, between them they're valued at about £27m so hopefully be able to get £40m+.

Plenty of midfield options, only I don't know what I can bring myself to sell Shelvey as I like him to much in real life, so maybe have a couple to many players for the next 2 or 3 years. Selling Hendo sometime this season, so that's another £20m or so.

Son Heung Min who I got on a free is about ready to sell now and should comfortable be £25m+, like him and he always scores but Ademilson seems a more exciting players and it doesn't make sense to keep both when I only paly 1 ST and they're the exact same age.

Last edited: