MrTini23

Premium
Reaction score
TEST.png
Liverpool FC: Fields of Anfield Road

kloppsiralex.png

In an interview with BBC Sport, Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has expressed his desire to better Sir Alex Ferguson's 13 Premier League titles.

Sir Alex Ferguson is regarded as one of the greatest managers of all time having led the red half of Manchester through their most successful period. During the Scot's reign at Old Trafford, they won: 13 Premier League titles, 5 FA Cups, 4 EFL Cups, 10 Community Shields, 2 Champions Leagues, 1 Cup winners cup, 1 Super cup, 1 Intercontinental cup and 1 FIFA Club World Cup.

Klopp spoke highly of Sir Alex whilst talking to BBC Sport's Phil McNulty.

"Sir Alex is by far the greatest manager that the Premier League, if not the world, has ever seen. I know that the Liverpool fans will not be happy with me saying this but the facts do not lie. To win that amount of trophies in that amount of time is an extremely impressive feat."

"I want to bring that type of success to Liverpool. I'm often reminded of Liverpool's glory days when I'm at Anfield and I want to bring that back to the club. We have a squad that is capable of great success and there is no reason why we can't win trophies this season."

Last edited:
henderson.png

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has rejected a bid from Man City for Jordan Henderson this morning and insists that the Liverpool skipper is not for sale.

Manchester City had made a twenty two million pound bid that Klopp instantly rejected with a firm "He's not for sale".

Jurgen Klopp said:

"Manchester City made a bid for Jordan (Henderson) this morning and we've rejected that. Henderson is not for sale and we feel that it would be stupid for us to sell a player of Jordan's talent and squad importance. Jordan is our captain for a reason and is one of the best midfielders in the Premier League."

Liverpool skipper Jordan Henderson also spoke to the Sky Sports:

"I don't want to leave the club and I'm happy that the bid was rejected. I've enjoyed my time here so far and hope to be here for as long as possible. It's a great club with great fans and playing at Anfield is probably my favourite thing in life, nothing can beat the atmosphere when playing for Liverpool at Anfield. I hope that I can kick on this season and play even more first team games and enjoy the atmosphere even more."

For some reason I'm getting this whilst trying to post my update regarding a new signing? It only has one link?

cc7f696486f5bf8315b37c43d1a9140e.png

4805b24b2106e0bc61d48eb3c2828467.png

I'll post it as a screengrab instead

hughes.png

Derby County midfielder Will Hughes has today been linked with a £10 million move to Premier League giants Liverpool

Reports suggest that Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has made an enquiry as to the availability of Derby midfielder Will Hughes, with the Reds preparing a bid of around £15million for the midfielder. It has been confirmed that the Liverpool boss is very keen to replace the want away midfielder Lucas with Will Hughes citing concerns on squad depth.

Derby released a club statement saying: "Derby County Football Club can confirm that Liverpool have made a formal approach as to the availability of Will Hughes, we have sent them a preliminary asking price and are open to negotiations."

No other comment has since been made from either club and with Will Hughes likely to play a big role for Derby this season, it is unknown whether a bid has been made or whether a bid has been accepted.

hughes_wants_to_join.png

Derby's preseason plans have been thrown into turmoil as midfielder Will Hughes has stated his desire to leave following interest from Premier League side Liverpool.

Speaking exclusively with BBC Sport, Hughes had this to say:

"Yes I do want to leave Derby. As much as I love Derby as a club and a place, when a team like Liverpool comes in for you, there is absolutely no way you can say no to that. The club is one of the biggest in the world and has some of the most passionate fans around. I've played at Anfield before and the noise the crowd generates is nothing short of fantastic. It is really intimidating when you are on the opposition."

"No offence to Steve Mclaren as he is a great man and a great manager but I want to work with Jurgen Klopp. I really feel I could benefit from his footballing knowledge and become a better player as a result. Also the competition for places means I have to improve as a player and if I want to break into the England team and play every game, that's what I need to do."

lucas.png

Liverpool midfielder Lucas Leiva has confirmed that he has handed in a transfer request, declaring himself unhappy with the amount of competition for places at Anfield.

In a pre-prepared statement, Lucas said:

"I have handed in a transfer request, whether it is accepted or not I will not be here for the Premier League kick off this season. I have enjoyed my time here since the first day but I don't think I can do it any longer. I have given my all every game but now there are too many players in my position. I need to be playing first team football and I don't think that will happen here".

"My reasons for leaving are to further my own career. I want to be playing football week in and week out, not sitting on the bench in the middle of November."

"I'd like to thank the Liverpool fans. They've been very supportive since I began in the first team and it's because of them I've been here so long and never wanted to leave. I've had a fantastic time here, fantastic moments and I'm saddened that it's coming to an end."

hughesjoins.png

Premier League Liverpool have finally got their man, as central midfielder Will Hughes joins from Championship side Derby.

Liverpool have been chasing the young midfielder for a while and rumours had been rife that a Hughes bid had been accepted by Derby. Today both clubs have confirmed that the midfielder has joined Liverpool for a fee of £13.5 million on what is believed to be a four year contract. The 21-year-old midfielder played 127 times for Derby and managed to score 7 goals.

BBC Sport managed to catch up with both Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp and Will Hughes as they left Liverpool's Melwood training ground.

Hughes said: "I am delighted to have finally signed for Liverpool. As I've said before Liverpool are a great club with great fans and I am really excited to get started. I know I will have to fight for my place here but I think that will make me a better footballer. Hopefully we can win everything there is to win this season."

Jurgen Klopp added: "I am very happy that Will has decided to join us and I'd like to welcome him to the club. Will is a terrific player and should definitely push for a starting place in the side if he works hard in training."

lucasleaves.png

Liverpool have today confirmed that midfielder Lucas Leiva has completed a move to French side Monaco on what is believed to be a 3 year deal.

A statement on the official Liverpool website said: "Everyone at Liverpool would like to thank Lucas Leiva for his services and wish him the very best of luck for the future with both his new club and with the Brazilian national team". No fee was mentioned in the statement but it is believed that Monaco have paid 17.5 million pounds for the Brazillian.

Lucas Leiva had joined Liverpool from Gremio for a fee of 6 million just prior to the 2007-08 season. To start with the Brazilian found the Premier League hard going but the more he played, the more he adapted to the English game and he eventually became a fan favorite.

Lucas played a total of 27 times for Liverpool last season but with the recent acquisitions of Marko Grujic and Georginio Wijnaldum, the Brazilian felt the time had come to leave and subsequently handed in a transfer request. In all Lucas Leiva played 223 games in the red shirt, scoring 1 goal.

firmino_out.png

It's bad news for Liverpool today with the news that Roberto Firmino and Simon Mignolet will both miss the season opener against Manchester United.

The pair both picked up injuries during a training session at Melwood, Mignolet whilst completing a routine running drill with his teammates and Firmino during a practice match. Simon Mignolet's injury has been confirmed as a pulled hamstring and Roberto Firmino's is a broken arm. Both are likely to be out for up to a month, thereby missing the trip to Manchester United.

Reds boss Jurgen Klopp was disappointed with the news but insisted that the team could cope.

"Obviously it is a big blow to lose the likes of Roberto and Simon, even if just for a month or a couple of weeks. However, we have very good squad depth and should be able to cope with their absences. We have a number of potential replacements for Roberto including the likes of Adam Lallana and James Milner."

"To replace Simon, we have two excellent keepers in Karius and Donnarumma so I don't think we will have any problems."

gintersigns.png

Liverpool have today announced that they have signed German defender Mattias Ginter for a fee of around the 32 million pound mark.

After successfully passing a medical, Ginter was unveiled by manager Jurgen Klopp in a press conference at Anfield, completing his £32 million switch from Dortmund.

The 22-year-old admitted that he had his sights set on Anfield as soon as he heard of Liverpool's interest. Delighted with the move, he described Liverpool as one of the best clubs in the world in his speech to a packed press conference at Anfield.

"I'm absolutely delighted to become a Liverpool player, it is one of the best clubs in the world," he said. "I'm delighted to be able to play under Jurgen Klopp again who I can hopefully learn a lot from and better my game. When you play for a big team there's pressure on your back, I have pressure, It's not a problem, I'm still confident. I think I'm at the right club to keep progressing in my career. I'm very focused to do a good job and to show the Liverpool fans that I'm a good player."

Good luck with Liverpool, do us proud! Use to love writing stories this way, takes time but they're smart and worth it!

Good luck with Liverpool, do us proud! Use to love writing stories this way, takes time but they're smart and worth it!

Thanks :) Appreciate the kind words. It's a long writing process but the end result is definitely worth it

willems.png

Liverpool have completed the signing of PSV Eindhoven defender Jetro Willems for a fee believed to be in the region of £17.75 million after the 22 year old passed a medical at Anfield.

PSV Eindhoven manager Phillip Cocu has wished defender Jetro Willems all the best after he signed a four year contract with the red half of Merseyside in a deal worth a reported £17.75 million. It's believed the 22 year old had asked for the move after being made aware of Liverpool's bid for his services.

The Dutch international had three years remaining on his contract with PSV Eindhoven.

Willems will find himself battling with Alberto Moreno for a place in the first team, the Spaniard currently being regarded as Liverpool's first choice left back. Liverpool also have James Milner and youngster Kevin Stewart who are capable at playing in the left back position.

klopp_excited.png

Jurgen Klopp has spoken of his excitement ahead of his Liverpool sides season opener against Manchester United at Old Trafford.

Speaking to BBC Sport, Klopp said:

"Obviously if we had the choice of games at the start of the season, this would probably be pretty far down the list. Man United are one of the strongest teams this season after making such high profile signings. Zlatan and Pogba will bring a lot to their side and it will be up to us to make sure we stop their threat. We know what to expect come Saturday afternoon"

Despite preferring to not start away at Man United, Klopp still believes his side can win at Old Trafford.

"With that being said, I'd back us to beat anybody and playing Manchester United at Old Trafford only adds to the excitement of the beginning of the season. I'm excited, the players are excited and there is noone at the club that doesn't believe that we can be successful this season on all fronts. If we are going to be successful, we need to win these games and that's what we are setting out to do."

Unitedaway.png

Paul Pogba saw red on his Manchester United debut, as Manchester United and Liverpool opened the season with a 1-1 draw at Old Trafford.

[video=youtube;v4Axxkyi83s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4Axxkyi83s[/video]

Lineups.jpg

Man United: De Gea, Darmian, Smalling, Bailly, Blind, Mkhitaryan, Rooney (Herrera 68), Pogba, Martial (Depay 82), Mata (Carrick 80), Ibrahimovic.
Subs Not Used: Romero, Shaw, Rojo, Schneiderlin.

Booked: Rooney, Pogba.

Off: Pogba 80.

Liverpool: Donnarumma, Clyne, Ginter, Lovren, Moreno, Henderson, Can, Mane (Wijnaldum 80), Lallana, Coutinho, Sturridge (Origi 65).
Subs Not Used: Karius, Sakho, Milner, Matip, Hughes.

Booked: Lovren, Ginter, Henderson, Moreno, Can.

Match_Stats_Bar_2.jpg

Referee: G Scott
Stadium: Old Trafford
Attendance: 75,635 (3,000 away)
Possession: Man United 46% - 54% Liverpool
Shots: Man United 15 - 11 Liverpool
On Target: Man United 6 - 4 Liverpool
Fouls: Man United 14 - 21 Liverpool

kloppsatisfied.png

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp was satisfied after seeing his side pick up a point away at Manchester United

Manchester United took the lead with 18 minutes to go, Zlatan Ibrahimovic scoring on his Manchester United debut after heading home a Juan Mata corner. The game changed with 10 minutes left as Paul Pogba was sent off for a second bookable offence. Two minutes later, Liverpool earned themselves a point with sub Divock Origi smashing home an Adam Lallana through ball.

Liverpool boss Klopp was positive after watching the draw.

"I'm happy that we managed to get a point today. We knew going into the game that it would be difficult and I thought that the players were magnificent. Obviously we are a little disappointed to not go on to win the game but it isn't often that Man United don't win after going ahead."

The German also praised the impact of sub Divock Origi.

"Origi made a very good impact off the bench, that's what he's good at, scoring goals when we need them the most," Klopp added.

Liverpool's next game is at home against newly promoted Middlesbrough, the game being the first at Anfield since the completion of the recent work on the main stand.

borohome.png

Liverpool thrashed Middlesbrough by 4 goals to nil at Anfield, an Adam Lallana goal adding to a hat trick from England international Daniel Sturridge.

[video=youtube;Y6955f6hOQM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6955f6hOQM[/video]

Lineups.jpg

Liverpool: Donnarumma, Clyne, Ginter, Lovren, Moreno, Can (Milner 59), Henderson (Wijnaldum 72), Mane, Lallana, Coutinho, Sturridge.
Subs Not Used: Karius, Sakho, Origi, Matip, Firmino.

Booked: Can, Henderson, Moreno.

Middlesbrough: Valdes, Barragan, Chambers, Bernardo, Friend, Forshaw, Clayton (Ayala 64), Stuani, Downing (de Pena 59), Fischer, Negredo (Rhodes 72).
Subs Not Used: Guzan, Traore, Gibson, Nsue.

Booked: Forshaw, Clayton.

Match_Stats_Bar_2.jpg

Referee: K Friend
Stadium: Anfield
Attendance: 54,074 (3,000 away)
Possession: Liverpool 57% - 43% Middlesbrough
Shots: Liverpool 18 - 5 Middlesbrough
On Target: Liverpool 9 - 0 Middlesbrough
Fouls: Liverpool 12 - 13 Middlesbrough