Ideal position for that youth intake player as you were missing a right back prospect. Great recent results too, in with a great chance in both competitions though United look dangerous in the league :/

Ideal position for that youth intake player as you were missing a right back prospect. Great recent results too, in with a great chance in both competitions though United look dangerous in the league :/

Aye, I've no natural Right backs coming through the system. I do have a young lad who I'm training to play RB but he's more of a natural CB. I need to do a recruitment push this window and bring in some hot prospects to populate the U18. It's full of **** at the moment :p

View attachment 150269

View attachment 150268
View attachment 150267View attachment 150266

Given the creative talent I have in midfield, I'm trying to move to a possession based attacking
style of football. This is to give me two outcomes:
1. More possession = more chances.
2. The less the opposition sees the ball = the less chances I will concede.

I'm hoping this will help us defensively because we've been conceding far too many goals this
season There is only so much I can do in setting the side up but one of the strengths we have is
in our midfield technical ability to pass and retain possession. If we keep the ball, that takes a
lot of pressure off our defense.

View attachment 150265View attachment 150264

View attachment 150212
View attachment 150210
View attachment 150209

With 10 minutes still on the clock, I though we had just about done it. But when Lukaku fired
in the equalizer on 82 minutes and forced the game into extra time, i knew the tie was over.
We had lost the momentum and Chesela were envying home advantage and had fire in their
bellies. Disappointed to finish the game with a 4-0 loss but we got to the last 8 of the
champions league. Our progress is taking shape as the recovery back to one of Europe's
elites is nearing the end of it's journey.

View attachment 150205

View attachment 150204

View attachment 150203

This right here is our chance to go back to the top of the premier league. We led the table in
the early parts of the season but our form dipped sharply. We've managed to claw our way back
into contention and a win here today could see us in pole positioning for the final stretch.

View attachment 150201
Absolutely gutted. It was one of those games where everything they touched turned to gold while we
struggle to retain passes among our back 4. A day to forget as we dropped 3 massive points.

View attachment 150197View attachment 150196
We still have a chance but it's going to be tough. We've only Spurs left to play of the top teams
so it's up to us to keep our composure and put in professional performances to take the 3 points
from our remaining fixtures. Hopefully we can bring the title to Mersyside for the first time in
30 years.

Luckily, Manchester United seem to be losing momentum, because they were in a position where winning their games in hand would've put them way above. Now they'd be just three points ahead. Goal difference will be the bit to worry, though.

View attachment 150040
View attachment 150039

View attachment 150038
View attachment 150034

Another draw. Another 2 precious points dropped. This leaves us with no breathing room. We
have to go to London and beat Spurs to secure 4th place in the League. Our Champions League
future rests in our hands.

View attachment 150037
View attachment 150033
20 minutes left on the clock, I had my head in my hands and had all but accepted this disastrous season.
I had accepted the 2-0 scoreline, what it meant for the club financially. The state of the squad and where
we are. To be honest, missing out on the champions League Places... I feared for my job. That's why when
Kane scored that first goal, I started to believe. When he hit home that second goal, every away fan in the
stadium started to believe. And when Firmino netted the winner, I think i sprained my ankle running out of the
dugout to celebrate with the squad.

We had no rights to get anything from this game. We were a disorganized mess, but you
can't deny quality when it's there. The players found something deep inside of them and
my faith in them paid off.

View attachment 150029

View attachment 150028View attachment 150027

Coutinho in the Team of the Year doesn't surprise me one bit... In my story, I'm in 2023 and he single handedly took the club to the top 10 after being bottom in January when I took over that month! Great work with the Reds mate :)

Coutinho in the Team of the Year doesn't surprise me one bit... In my story, I'm in 2023 and he single handedly took the club to the top 10 after being bottom in January when I took over that month! Great work with the Reds mate :)

Aye, the man is a machine. Easily one of our star players and I've had to give him pay rise after pay rise to keep other clubs from having a chance to lure him away.

2019/20 Season Summery

View attachment 149805

View attachment 149804

This was a tough season and we were run right to the limits. I was disappointed
with a 4th place finish and when I put it into perspective, I can definitely see that
the defensive side of this team is suffering. We've not managed to significantly
reduce the amount goals we're conceding since the 2016/17 season. We're scoring
more which is great but it's not really counting for much when our defense is costing
us winning positions.

SeasonPositionPlayedWonDrawnLostForAgainstGDPoints
2019/204th38246877453278
2018/192nd38245980404077
2017/182nd382211576344277
2016/172nd38239668363278
2015/167th381991068432566

I've identified our Defense as a key area to improve and I'm sparing no expense in recruiting.
We achieved 4th place with our highest points total since 2017. Next time, we won't be as lucky.

Last edited: