Liverpool keen to buy new players

I am not sure Liverpool will get Young as Villa are showing signs of growing as a club and i am pretty sure they will get Suarez

Do not mean to get up Liverpool fans hopes here but I think you are clutching at straws with getting Suarez from Ajax especially in this transfer window... but hey who knows.

And why would you think this?

He is American, and wants to make profit. Wasn't it this guy who said that he wants to do the "arsenal" way. 19th january already and they haven't done a signle signing yet. Or are they going to do many signings in the next 10 days? Doubt it...

He is American, and wants to make profit. Wasn't it this guy who said that he wants to do the "arsenal" way. 19th january already and they haven't done a signle signing yet. Or are they going to do many signings in the next 10 days? Doubt it...
have you ever watched teh transfer window? how many deals have happened in the **** minutes? just becuase you dont hear about it doesnt mean things arent happening

Right so because he is American you automatically assumes he is in it for a profit? Ignorance of the highest order.

19th January: Chelsea, United, Arsenal, Madrid also haven't signed anyone yet, does that mean their owners won't spend? Just because there isn't anything in the news it doesn't mean anything is going on in the background. JWHenry and Damien Comolli are working round the clock looking at targets. Also, he didn't say he wants to do it the Arsenal way, he said it's the best model and wants to model Liverpool on that, doesn't mean we won't make £15m/20m transfers, he knows that we need players and knows we need some as soon as. And surely the fact our chairman has come out and said we want players tells you something surely?

This is the Liverpool way of old, keeping things out of the news until it is done.

Right so because he is American you automatically assumes he is in it for a profit? Ignorance of the highest order.

19th January: Chelsea, United, Arsenal, Madrid also haven't signed anyone yet, does that mean their owners won't spend? Just because there isn't anything in the news it doesn't mean anything is going on in the background. JWHenry and Damien Comolli are working round the clock looking at targets. Also, he didn't say he wants to do it the Arsenal way, he said it's the best model and wants to model Liverpool on that, doesn't mean we won't make £15m/20m transfers, he knows that we need players and knows we need some as soon as. And surely the fact our chairman has come out and said we want players tells you something surely?

This is the Liverpool way of old, keeping things out of the news until it is done.

Okay, let's just say...if they buy Suarez, they wont buy more "big" signings.

Last edited:
Okay, let's just say...if they buy Suarez, they wont buy more "big" signings.

I agree, personally. I don't think there will be. But who said that there were going to be more big signings... Besides, lets just wait and see.

I think NESV will sign 3 players top for big money... A Striker a winger and a versatile defender
Maybe all this window but unlikely looking in the summer

after the the youth project will come in BUT at the minute we cannot do the youth project as our current team needs strengthening first as it is not good enough or lacking confidence which ever way you look at it

Sit back. Relax. And have a cuppa. A lot of work behind the scenes to get signings done. Warnock on loan is imminent, and Suarez rumoured to be very close.

Just chill lads.

I hope ure right mate =)

I agree, personally. I don't think there will be. But who said that there were going to be more big signings... Besides, lets just wait and see.

Yeah, let's just wait and see..im not suprised of anything anymore, regarding transfers.
But january is certainly not the best time to build a completly new team :D But Liverpool are lacking in many positions so surely none of the rumoured signings wont make it worse.

Btw, Roy said before he got sacked talking about transfers..that Suarez had never crossed his mind. Now with Kenny in charge they are going for him? You guys remember this?

Last edited:
IF the suarez deal goes through, thats around 20mill? for ONE player? we need more than 1 player, lets say Kenny wants to bring in 3 more on top of Suarez, thats looking like 40+mill in one window? reallyy...?

IF the suarez deal goes through, thats around 20mill? for ONE player? we need more than 1 player, lets say Kenny wants to bring in 3 more on top of Suarez, thats looking like 40+mill in one window? reallyy...?

Ok, so would you rather get one quality player or 4 **** poor players for the same price which is what we've been doing for years? Exactly.

Last edited:
Ok, so would you rather get one quality player or 4 **** poor players for the same price? Exactly.

BBC should of just named this thread, "Kenny wants Suarez" then?

Ok, so would you rather get one quality player or 4 **** poor players for the same price? Exactly.

This guy got a point :D Hodgson didn't have much funds..so he bought konchesky and poulsen. But that was like 10 million euros wasted. But i think Poulsen can still be a pretty avarge squad player.

Im sure Kenny with the help of Comolli wont do the same mistake. If they buy..they buy because it will improve the squad.

This guy got a point :D Hodgson didn't have much funds..so he bought konchesky and poulsen. But that was like 10 million euros wasted. But i think Poulsen can still be a pretty avarge squad player.

Im sure Kenny with the help of Comolli wont do the same mistake. If they buy..they buy because it will improve the squad.

I always have a point ;)

We've been doing it for years,Get 3 or 4 £4m valued players instead of one top player which is what we should be doing, as much as it pains me to say it, like United.

Warnock deal set to be tied up soonish. Nowhere near captain, got about 7 players ahead of him on that one.

He's a good player, verging on very good. When he's on form, he's one of the best left-backs in the league. When he isn't, like now, he's not as effective but he's still far, far better than Konchesky.

Downing deal not on, apparently, nor Young. Hou had talk with them and agreed.

exactly, the real movement will happen in summer, when the state of the manager is more permanent, the only signings i can think of would be a flying left winger because you simply dont have any, and are about to sell the only player who looks even remotely like one