Liverpool keen to buy new players

Remember Warnock putting a reef on the Kop on Hillsborough anniversary.

Petrov, Reo Coker both ahead of him in the pecking order. I've heard that Houllier wants all the players to be based in Birmingham, *Awaits for GodCubed to come in and correct me* but Warnock doesn't want to uproot himself and his family. Practically a done deal that he will be with us on loan until the end of the season.

Not a great signing, but Warnock > Konchesky. Clearly FSG have indentified where we need strengthening and are prioritising the positions for now, this way we've solved the LB issue until the end of the season without spending a penny.

Warnock deal set to be tied up soonish. Nowhere near captain, got about 7 players ahead of him on that one.

He's a good player, verging on very good. When he's on form, he's one of the best left-backs in the league. When he isn't, like now, he's not as effective but he's still far, far better than Konchesky.

Downing deal not on, apparently, nor Young. Hou had talk with them and agreed.

Was I right? (A)

Liverpool still keen on Pav for the right price too

Right, probably further from the truth than anything, but it says on wiki that Suarez has signed for Liverpool.

I doubt it is true as nothing on skysports

Right, probably further from the truth than anything, but it says on wiki that Suarez has signed for Liverpool.

I doubt it is true as nothing on skysports
i just checked and it said he plays for Gainsborough Trinity.

i think they have to get real defenders because skrtel and kirgiakos are not great players

The most transfers will probly happen now in the end of jan? Really exciting to see what the big clubs buy and others too...chelsea still doesn't have signed anyone. And they probly will, same with Liverpool, arsenal are in for a cb (?). Real for a striker (?)...Maybe City sign someone? And many more...

Suarez deal is imminent. JWH and Comoli had dinner with his agent in Liverpool yesterday and he has been telling some friends he hopes to be gone by the weekend. Don't have a go at me for bull ******** because I'm not and can back up whatever I say. Some people need to get thier heads out and look around.

Not going to get too excited until they prove me wrong by signing players who will turn our season round! Personally i'd love to see suarez team up with torres but how likely is it in the next ten days pushing it i really hope we are close to getting him. We also need a game changing midfielder and a left back all of these positions probably won't be sorted by the end of jan but all us lfc fans will wait in anticipation!!

Ok I'm going to some up what I have heard in the past 48 hours.

Ajax accepted an offer for around £17m from Liverpool, although they changed thier mind for reasons such as high fees for players such as Bent and Dzeko but more importantly the idea of bringing another bidder to the table and creating a war. Ajax are trying to squeeze every penny out of this and it looks like Liverpool are now offering something like £19m+clauses. There is a chance of Babel being thrown in but that depends on so many more factors. Suarez wants to join Liverpool for the chance to play alongside Torres and also due to the high spanish speaking influence in the changing room.As I mentioned before he has suposidly told some friends he is hopeful of leaving before Saturday. There was also reports in the dutch media today that he has said his last goodbyes to the other players. Suarez was stripped on the captaincy recently alhthough whether that's because of the biting, or a desire to leave is unclear at the moment. As for where things stand at the moment well no-body knows. According to Tom Werner, Damien Comoli is on the phone as we speak. But he never directly mentioned Suarez in his interview. As soon as a fee is agreed which from what I understand is soon, things will move very quickly.

Ok I'm going to some up what I have heard in the past 48 hours.

Ajax accepted an offer for around £17m from Liverpool, although they changed thier mind for reasons such as high fees for players such as Bent and Dzeko but more importantly the idea of bringing another bidder to the table and creating a war. Ajax are trying to squeeze every penny out of this and it looks like Liverpool are now offering something like £19m+clauses. There is a chance of Babel being thrown in but that depends on so many more factors. Suarez wants to join Liverpool for the chance to play alongside Torres and also due to the high spanish speaking influence in the changing room.As I mentioned before he has suposidly told some friends he is hopeful of leaving before Saturday. There was also reports in the dutch media today that he has said his last goodbyes to the other players. Suarez was stripped on the captaincy recently alhthough whether that's because of the biting, or a desire to leave is unclear at the moment. As for where things stand at the moment well no-body knows. According to Tom Werner, Damien Comoli is on the phone as we speak. But he never directly mentioned Suarez in his interview. As soon as a fee is agreed which from what I understand is soon, things will move very quickly.

Sounds promising but to be honest I have my doubts whether Suarez will go anywhere before at least the Summer transfer window.. Also I just can not see him at Liverpool under Kenny but that is just my opinion and I could be proven completely wrong.

Sounds promising but to be honest I have my doubts whether Suarez will go anywhere before at least the Summer transfer window.. Also I just can not see him at Liverpool under Kenny but that is just my opinion and I could be proven completely wrong.

He is definitely leaving Ajax in this transfer window, where is yet to be known although he has spoke about Torres and the Spanish speaking influence at Liverpool as Ross said. He will not be at Ajax come February.

Lotta rumours that it's a done deal for Suarez, will update as and when.

Spurs linked with Hulk as it seems we've missed out on Suarez :S

Supposedly we've scouted him 30 times in the last 2 years...