Liverpool: So, Whose Fault Is It?

• Thread starter Thread starter Lee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 186
  • Views Views 13K
The results don't give you the full story. Liverpool have been utterly dreadful under Roy. Anyone who says otherwise needs to go back and rewatch the games.

Instead of listing the games where we played badly I'll make things easier and list the ones where we put in a half decent performance... FK Rabotnicki (the pub team), Steua, Arsenal (2nd Half only). That leaves 11.5 games where we did nothing at all.

still, he needs time, maybe he played a certain way as you wherent expected to win most games this season.

I disagree. Kuyt does more than be a work horse, he loves his club. He's good offensively, defensively, and is a leader in many ways. We love our Kuyt.

Sorry to disillusion you mate, but a lot of us don't. He's a workhorse is all. He's supposed to be a forward, but wasn't doing the biz so RB stuck him out wide when he found out that Pennant couldn't play football.

He can't score, can't pass & can't tackle well enough to excell in any position. His 1st touch is abysmal for an international forward, which is why he's also stuck out on the wing for Holland. He has big heart & makes a nuisance of himself to the opposition, but thats about it.

Sorry to disillusion you mate, but a lot of us don't. He's a workhorse is all. He's supposed to be a forward, but wasn't doing the biz so RB stuck him out wide when he found out that Pennant couldn't play football.

He can't score, can't pass & can't tackle well enough to excell in any position. His 1st touch is abysmal for an international forward, which is why he's also stuck out on the wing for Holland. He has big heart & makes a nuisance of himself to the opposition, but thats about it.

come on mate, Kuyt is a decent footballer, if he wasnt he wouldnt be playing for holland now.

Its all well and good saying he needs time but with the time hes had he hasnt changed things, every game is as bad as the first and If we continue this style of play then we wont be finishing mid table and we will be fighting for 15th or lower. Im not gonna say he needs to be sacked because then i get accused of loving Rafa, masturbateing over him at night and wanting to paint him perfect.

still, he needs time, maybe he played a certain way as you wherent expected to win most games this season.

Given our position in the league, we can't afford to give him more time - it's a far too expensive commodity for us at present. All you non-Reds want is for us to keep him on as manager so we won't be a bother to you in the Premiership, no ?

Lol. Fail.

West Brom? Sunderland? Birmingham?Blackpool?

I said most, and have labelled blackpool as the one shock result.

you beat West Brom, so next.

If you think you should of won at Birmingham, you are very deluded, they are a very strong out fit at home. holding us last season, and where in the middle of a massive unbeaten run at home.

Sunderland is a hard game, bent is an animal, as i said you are now a mid table club, as our sunderland.

I'm sorry, but this whole opinion about us only having 2 world class players and we rely on them all the time ****** me off! Nearly every team in the top 6 have a couple of players they rely on, with the exception probably being City and maybe chelsea.

Man United: Rooney - only have to look at them currently, there not the same team
Arsenal: Fabregas, Van Persie and Arshavin
Tottenham: this season, Van Der Vaart and Bale
Villa: Young & Milner (when he was there)
Chelsea: I'd say rely on Drogba and Lampard too much, not so much now, but definately in the past.
so to say it's just Liverpool that rely on certain players is utter bollocks!

as for us only having 2 world class players, do me a favour and **** off?
Reina: Best goalkeeper in the pl and only kept out of the best team in the world by the amazing casillas.
Mereiles: Starter for portugal
Kuyt: Starter for Holland, playing every game i think at the world cup
Cole: Off so far this season but there's no denying he's a class act
Gerrard: Nothing needs to be said
Torres: Same as above..

You've sort of contradicted yourself there. Holland have a vast array of forward talent. Wingers like Eljero Elia could walk into the right wing position in most international teams, yet Kuyt's had over 70 caps.

Kuyt can score - double figures at least for all of his time at Liverpool - he can pass well enough, and he tackles strongly. His main attributes, though, are his work-rate and his stamina, as well as his versatility. He rarely gets injured, is incredibly consistent and more importantly provides balance to a team. Defensive wingers nowadays are very much in vogue, and allow a rampaging fullback (Glen Johnson, in this case) to bomb on without fear of leaving the defence a man short. It's an effective tactic that relies heavily on the defensive discipline and energy of the winger. In his role as a consistent, unspectacular, team-balancing forward who occasionally chips in with the odd goal, Kuyt is invaluable.

You've sort of contradicted yourself there. Holland have a vast array of forward talent. Wingers like Eljero Elia could walk into the right wing position in most international teams, yet Kuyt's had over 70 caps.

Kuyt can score - double figures at least for all of his time at Liverpool - he can pass well enough, and he tackles strongly. His main attributes, though, are his work-rate and his stamina, as well as his versatility. He rarely gets injured, is incredibly consistent and more importantly provides balance to a team. Defensive wingers nowadays are very much in vogue, and allow a rampaging fullback (Glen Johnson, in this case) to bomb on without fear of leaving the defence a man short. It's an effective tactic that relies heavily on the defensive discipline and energy of the winger. In his role as a consistent, unspectacular, team-balancing forward who occasionally chips in with the odd goal, Kuyt is invaluable.
Agreed. Also about his injury record, he got a nasty injury for Holland which most players would take them out for a few months. Not our Kuyt, three weeks.. :wub::D

Kuyt recovers quickly due to keeping himself in top physical condition. Hes abit like Scholes and Giggs in the fact he looks after himself very well.

Posted on 18/10/2010 at 17:18 - Updated at 00:00
retweet
...Currently at Galatasaray, Frank Rijkaard is tipped to be the new coach of Liverpool

Rodrigo Pinheiro
FUTNET
The press speculated that England's Frank Rijkaard could take charge of Liverpool, where the Englishman Roy Hodgson leaves office. Liverpool is unrecognizable in the Premier League campaign, occupying the penultimate position of the table with six points in eight rounds.

Currently the coach of Galatasaray, Frank Rijkaard would be first on the list of John Henry to take command of the English club. Rijkaard won the titles with Barcelona draws the attention of Liverpool's new owners. Just to remind you that Rijkaard has won the 2006 UEFA Champions League and two Spanish titles with Barca.

According to British media the new owner of Liverpool would be willing to depart from the coach Roy Hodgson's team, even trying to pay an indemnity of 3.4 million.

Just to follow up on the Rijkaard story, the Galatasaray board had a meeting today to decide the future of Rijkaard and they will announce the result of the meeting in 2 days, but everyone from Turkey is saying Rijkaard is gone they are just delaying announcing it for an unknown reason. Sad month for Rijkaard, i believe his father died on the 1st and now sacked.

A Twist in Turkey. If Fenerbahce lose the derby to G'Saray this weekend their Manager Aykut Kocaman is over also

Last edited:
Don't want Rijkaard. Prefer managers who keep a good discipline.

I'm sorry, but this whole opinion about us only having 2 world class players and we rely on them all the time ****** me off! Nearly every team in the top 6 have a couple of players they rely on, with the exception probably being City and maybe chelsea.

Man United: Rooney - only have to look at them currently, there not the same team
Chelsea: I'd say rely on Drogba and Lampard too much, not so much now, but definately in the past.

Reina: Best goalkeeper in the pl and only kept out of the best team in the world by the amazing casillas.

Meriles - Abel Xavier was also once a starter for Portugal

Cole - Chelsea don't miss him, is he really that good, Mourinhio, Ancelotti and Capello didnt think so

I think Rijkaard would be a good appointment for liverpool. Mybe the yanks might go for Bob Bradley ?

Firsty im glad you pointed out that Chelsea don't rely on Lamps and Drogs much anymore.

Reina - Like i said definatly world class without a dout
Mereiles - Un-proven in the PL and even at Porto wasen't world class
Kuyt - Hard worker and a good player but not always in the game
Cole - Not world class anymore and that is a ''fact''
Gerrard - Even though he isn't playing to his full he is still world class
Torres - At the moment isn't playing anywhere near to his full and is not world class at the moment.

Like Capello?

Well yes, but obviously not Capello. When Rijkaard was at Barca he often let his star players take over, hence the likes of Ronaldinho declined and became overweight. Barca's results eventually suffered even after some quality signings.

Back