Liverpool v Sunderland

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 85
  • Views Views 6K
Has Jonathan Wilson has said; "This has last minute Andy Carroll winner all over it."

8 mins to go. Meireles on for Suarez too.

Alberto needs to leave that football club. This is a joke.

Great result for Sunderland. Had it down as a draw albeit 2-2.

Edit-no I didn't, forgot to change it from Liverpool to win 2-1 :@

Last edited:
We need Kelly back for the next game, terrible perfomace from Flanagan.

Adam was very good today, impressed by him.

Henderson - poor.
Adam - first half good, second hald not so, long ball good, short game and tackling bad.
Suarez - decent first half.

That has to be the worst performance from John Flanagan. Shakey, poor positioning, lacking speed and delivery. Don't know why Kelly didn't play.

Should've been about 3/4 up in the first half too.

Flanagan looked completely out of his depth and cost us the game. Even if he had been marking Larsson for the Sunderland goal, he would've messed up later. The second half was full of occasions where one of the centre-backs would have to charge over to the right to sort out the situation when Flanagan gave away possession. Very poor performance from him, in my opinion. Great penalty from Suarez though, to be fair we should've killed it off in the first half.

Brown was superb.. Was beaten by Suarez once but he was superb after that. Won so many tackles and most aerial battles.

MOTM for me.

Brown was superb.. Was beaten by Suarez once but he was superb after that. Won so many tackles and most aerial battles.

MOTM for me.

I agree with that. Especially in the second half, any time we looked like we were about to get a goal-scoring opportunity he'd just come out of nowhere and deal with it.

Close competition between Adam, Larsson and Brown for MotM. Thought Jordan Henderson, Kieran Richardson and John Flanagan were absolutely terrible.

As good a game from Brown in a long time, happy for him

As good a game from Brown in a long time, happy for him

With run of games he will only improve. He is a slow starter.. Bruce got a superb bargain in Brown and O'Shea..

Just got back, steam ran out at half time, for some reason. Still, a brilliant first half performance and much reason for optimism. Sunderland's centre backs are cautious to say the least. Any opportunity it was cleared over the stadium.

With run of games he will only improve. He is a slow starter.. Bruce got a superb bargain in Brown and O'Shea..

Part of the reason i tip them as dark horses, He's brought in the type of players that will prevent them from fading off second half of the season

******* awful second half. Sunderland should have been down to 10, not good enough.

Just seen on MOTD. Carroll's goal wasn't a foul, Richardson should've walked re penalty. Downing's run/shot was immense, deserved a goal. But alas, it finished 1-1.

Just seen on MOTD. Carroll's goal wasn't a foul, Richardson should've walked re penalty. Downing's run/shot was immense, deserved a goal. But alas, it finished 1-1.

Can see why the ref gave yellow from his side, but linesman should be going over and saying "he was in control it's a clear opportunity"

Liverpool stopped playing second half, must do better

Can see why the ref gave yellow from his side, but linesman should be going over and saying "he was in control it's a clear opportunity"

Liverpool stopped playing second half, must do better

Indeed, looked like our fitness collapsed at half time; understandable for Suarez and Lucas after the Copa, but all the others should've been fine.

Enrique was brilliant by the way, so good in close control down the sides, put a dangerous cross or two in; looks really good. But Kelly should've started over Flanno.

after watching this game on MoTD i will say Anfeild was electric ! and Downing's shot was class.

Looks good for Liverpool with 3 of their new signings (Henderson not one of them :S) showing they have what it takes. Enrique, Adam and Downing all did well today. I still have yet to see Carroll show any kind of brilliance for Liverpool. He's a fantastic header of the ball, but he looks awkward and clumsy running with it, and that's not just because he's tall.

Back