Liverpool v Wolves

I do agree playing Mireles on the right was disastrous from a manager standpoint. N'gog has been playing well this season and to bring Babel on was a sure sign that Hodgson is just thick.

Pool desperately need a left back and a striker. And I don't think with Roy in charge, either of those players will come in during the window, unfortunately for Pool fans. As a United fan, there's only so much I can laugh at. After awhile it goes, "how can such a good team fall so far from grace?" And it just isn't funny anymore.

I do agree playing Mireles on the right was disastrous from a manager standpoint. N'gog has been playing well this season and to bring Babel on was a sure sign that Hodgson is just thick.

Pool desperately need a left back and a striker. And I don't think with Roy in charge, either of those players will come in during the window, unfortunately for Pool fans. As a United fan, there's only so much I can laugh at. After awhile it goes, "how can such a good team fall so far from grace?" And it just isn't funny anymore.

no we need a good left winger, to go back to a 4231 and for torres to come back on form

oooh aand a new manager

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

what would people say if i said benitez

Don't blame Roy for everything, its not like the players massively underperformed all season or anything. I'm pretty sure he doesn't set his team out to play hoofball, never did that at fulham he made them pass it around, Liverpool's defence on the night just lack a player who knows how to pass a ball. :)

Yes he's done a fairly bad job, but players need criticising too.

Singing for Kenny, they'd probably do it if Roy had us in 4th, anyone ever stop to think why Kenny didn't take over when Rafa left, maybe he didn't want to join....

btw i read on mirrorfootball that Hodgson said: "Ever since I came here, the famous Anfield support hasn't really been there." Maybe he does not bother to think that it's just a coincidence that his arrival and his loses coincides with the disappearance with the "famous Anfield support".
In any case, I also agree that players have not been performing this season, without naming names.

He's ran out of excuses now...
Home losses to Blackpool & Wolves, and only winning ONE away from home, even that was jammy.

and only winning ONE away from home, even that was jammy.

Still one more than Man Utd :p

Anyway this mess Liverpool are in is NOT all Roy's fault, How many of Roy's signing started the game last night??

Liverpool were in decline long before Roy got the job, The players are to blame in my eyes.

Torres is *****- can't hold the ball up, can't beat a man, seems to have lost all pace & looks seriously un-interested.

N'gog- is so pish he wouldn't even get a game for my beloved Rangers (and that's saying something)

Babel - I'm saying nothing.

Meireles- Even when played in favoured CM postion still looks terrible, defo not the same player who performed well for porto & national team.

Liverpool fans are being a bit harsh imo. Roy Hodgson has not become a bad manager over night and what he did with fulham proved that he is a good manager. I think he deserves more time to turn it round. Liverpool are not the force they were and that is something Liverpool fans have to accept at the moment.

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

Still one more than Man Utd :p

Stoke

Sanli (81)

1-2

Man Utd

Hernandez (27, 86)

We have won one away from home dear ;)

Last year i was celebrating so much when torres scored a 91st minute winner against Villa to get us back in the race for 4th. Last night was an all time low for me, i laughed when wolves scored. They thouroughly deserved the win. Roys comments about the fans need to become supporters is an absolute disgrace, they pay good money to expect the team to beat a side who have the worst away record in the country. Its not on. He has to go now! NESV need to act before Roy is let loose with cash in the transfer window.

sutty1892 David Sutton by MallyGhariani

"Very angry today. Angry at Hodgson. Angry at Torres. Angry at myself for letting Hodgson beat the enthusiasm for the club out of me"

I'm asking the Liverpool fans in particular but who would you want to become Liverpool manager instead of Roy and why?

I'm asking the Liverpool fans in particular but who would you want to become Liverpool manager instead of Roy and why?

Andre Villas Boas. He won't join us mid-season so get Hodgson out, get Kenny Dalglish as manager in a caretaker role until the end of the season to get fans back on side etc. Then in the summer do whatever we can to get Andre Villas Boas of Porto.

Andre Villas Boas. He won't join us mid-season so get Hodgson out, get Kenny Dalglish as manager in a caretaker role until the end of the season to get fans back on side etc. Then in the summer do whatever we can to get Andre Villas Boas of Porto.

I would absolutely hate if you people get Andre Villas. He is bound to be next big thing among Managers. Still 33 and he is excellent manager.

Guy is class and helped Jose a lot with his fine details about opposition tactics and players,

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

Whos Boas? Never heard of him :|

Porto Manager. Unbeaten in 23 games winning 20 if I'm not wrong.

13 games in league and 9 clean sheets. He is absolute Gem.

Seems good. He could get the best out of Meireles too.

Correct, top manager despite being so young. Apparently a lot of clubs are courting him.

The next Mourinho apparently ;)

Last edited:
Don't blame Roy for everything, its not like the players massively underperformed all season or anything. I'm pretty sure he doesn't set his team out to play hoofball, never did that at fulham he made them pass it around, Liverpool's defence on the night just lack a player who knows how to pass a ball. :)

Yes he's done a fairly bad job, but players need criticising too.

Singing for Kenny, they'd probably do it if Roy had us in 4th, anyone ever stop to think why Kenny didn't take over when Rafa left, maybe he didn't want to join....

Roy played a very direct style of play at Fulham, not as much as he has at Liverpool although many balls went up to Zamora. He hardly had a ball-playing defender at Fulham either. He put Agger on the bench who is a fine passer of the ball...

A fairly bad job is a massive understatement, the players have been terrible also (well, the majority).

No, we wouldn't. If Roy was doing a good job, playing decent enough football and giving respectable press conferences we would be 100% behind him, to back him at the moment would be ludicrous. Kenny is the perfect short term replacement. Oh, and, Kenny came out and said he applied for the job when Rafa left, Hicks and Gillette went for Roy, their last trick to ruin Liverpool Football Club.

---------- Post added at 08:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 AM ----------

Anyway this mess Liverpool are in is NOT all Roy's fault, How many of Roy's signing started the game last night??

8 of the players who were beat 1-0 by Wolves, were involved in the 4-0 demolition of Real Madrid at Anfield.

Torres is *****- can't hold the ball up, can't beat a man, seems to have lost all pace & looks seriously un-interested.

I've told about 500 people now that if he doesn't get the service he thrives on he will sulk. If he does get the service he will score. Since Roy had a fetish for long balls, Torres has had absolutely NO service.

N'gog- is so pish he wouldn't even get a game for my beloved Rangers (and that's saying something)

Babel - I'm saying nothing.

Meireles- Even when played in favoured CM postion still looks terrible, defo not the same player who performed well for porto & national team.

N'gog has been one of our best players this season and is our top scorer, one of the most improved players in Europe for me and thats not an exaggeration, ask anyone, I used to think he was awful.

Agree on Babel, how he is a professional footballer I will never know.

Disagree about Meireles, when he has played in his favourite position he has been absolutely brilliant, good ball winner, good passer, looks comfortable in posession, top player.