Liverpool vs Chelsea 7/11/10

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssss!!!! i love how AWFULL (acording to a chelsea fan in here) we are ;D

Chelsea were lucky not to be down to 9 men.
Ngog heads the ball over alex to be through on goal, but before he can move, alex headbutts him.
Maxi rounds cech and is brought down shud be a pen and a red.

Great match, great result.

Loving to see Torres take his chances like he used too, and how Lucas and Kuyt are getting the recognition they deserve.

What happened to that Chelsea fan in a different thread yesterday saying Torres wasn't a threat or something :P

Very Happy with the result.Second goal was great.Perfect week for United and we coped with our injuries...Shame Liverpool didn't do this last season :P

if you look at my post on this thread from yesterday you will see how right I was about Torres getting his form back today I hate him so much but he is the best striker in the premier league no doubt.

Interesting game in the end. Liverpool are a hard team to play against if they go a goal up, made things even harder when the second went in. They more or less parked the bus and tried to hit us on the counter after the break. Seemed every ball fell to them, they pressed well and blocked nearly everything, Carra on Drogba in particular. Good defensive display in the end.

First half was probably the worst display I've seen in a long time from Chelsea, but the second we were dominant and I can only think of Kuyt's shot as their only real chance after the break. I'm sure if we played like we did in the second half then the result would have been different. In the end, a few individual pieces of magic have won the game for 'Pool.

Good to see Torres back, but was hoping it wasn't going to be today.

if we won today we would have been 2 points behind chelsea :'(

Chelsea were lucky not to be down to 9 men.
Ngog heads the ball over alex to be through on goal, but before he can move, alex headbutts him.
Maxi rounds cech and is brought down shud be a pen and a red.

You won the game, stop ******* complaining.

A huge boost for the team spirit and for the fans. 4th place doesn't look that far away now. ^^)

Just got back, that was epic.

CJACKO; Has Gerrard had a good game vs you now? :P
Thought we were good throughout the team, Lucas the standout.
For all Chelsea's possession we had as many, if not more chances.
Another thing; Did the camera's pick up Terrys elbow in the eye on Kuyt/Torres in the first half?
Terry's a little whinging dirty boy.
But very happy!

******* yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees! massive massive win today!
never been so nervous in all my life during that second half - all them but well defended boys :]

also, i'd like to have Torres & Reina's baby's, so can their wifes please **** off?

Two excellent strikes. Lucas was very good, dont know why Liverpool supporters are always critical of him. With Mascha he was ****, but with ball playing mid fielder he does his job very neatly.

Honestly, most Liverpool fans know Lucas is a very good player, it's just normally Mancunians calling him poo.

You won the game, stop ******* complaining.

1) calm down
2) ever heard of a thing called goal difference. If the penalty was given and we scored we would be 7th not 9th.
3) It makes no difference whether we are winning, losing or drawing, if there is a foul worthy of a red card, a red card should be delivered. You can't go and headbutt someone and say 'It's the last minute and we are losing anyway so don't send me off.' Rules are there for a reason, regardless of the time in the match or the score.

Think next time before posting. It is a league and 1 goal can make all the difference.

utter woeful performance, our midfield was absolute **** and in particular Ramires was woeful, he gave away fouls, misplaced passes and I dont know why we did not start Drogba, as soon as he came on there was a significant increase in our level of performance, otherwise great performance from Liverpool especially Lucas, he worked extremely hard

To be fair, I don't think Alex headbutted him.

I think N'Gog got to the header ahead of him and Alex just collided with him. Don't think it was worthy of a red, and I think the yellow card was the right decision, but the rest I agree with you on.

1) calm down
2) ever heard of a thing called goal difference. If the penalty was given and we scored we would be 7th not 9th.
3) It makes no difference whether we are winning, losing or drawing, if there is a foul worthy of a red card, a red card should be delivered. You can't go and headbutt someone and say 'It's the last minute and we are losing anyway so don't send me off.' Rules are there for a reason, regardless of the time in the match or the score.

Think next time before posting. It is a league and 1 goal can make all the difference.

1) Alex did not headbutt NGog on purpose, it was a badly mistimed jump from him but he was going for the ball and it would have been harsh if he was shown a straight red card

2) The way Cech brought down Maxi did look fishy but most referee's would have given Cech the benefit of the doubt I reckon but neither I or you were a prime spot to judge that tackle so we can't say

I thought Ramires was poor. Slow on the ball, lost possession often and not strong enough in midfield.

Back